Comments

• Options
    kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,576 Arc User
    Hrm.

I think I had over 100m credits, once.

:/
  • Options
    jorantomalakjorantomalak Member Posts: 7,133 Arc User
    im under the impression that soon the only way the average gamer on STO will get a lock box ship is through keys
    and the keys on the exchange will go higher making those hard to acquire
    so i see alot of zen being bought and dil being used ....hmm
  • Options
    shadowwraith77shadowwraith77 Member Posts: 6,395 Arc User
    And here not to long ago, I recall people complaining of the exchange cap @ 1bill wouldn't be sufficient, because needing to ask for 1bill+several keys/fsm/etc. is necessary, so how exactly would this request help lower prices?

tumblr_nq9ec3BSAy1qj6sk2o2_500_zpspkqw0mmk.gif

Praetor of the -RTS- Romulan Tal Shiar fleet!

• Options
    taylor1701dtaylor1701d Member Posts: 3,099 Arc User
    ruinthefun wrote: »
    storules wrote: »
    The above is naive and unrealistic scenario. Probably would apply for lobbi ships and the like. However, there is no way you will see that for a Sheshaar, the temporal science ship or any future ship boxes that would be in short supply and VERY high demand....at most you would only see a "GUY A" for a long while before it goes to outside the exchange as in the trading channel.​​
    How is it naive and unrealistic? That is exactly how things work. In fact, all night now, people have been trying to dump their Vomphs in TTC, without much success, because all the high-end traders are expecting a fall.

More importantly, who here has more demonstrable knowledge of how the economy works? An STO Fortune 500 player, or some spacepoor who clearly hasn't managed to leverage his deep understanding of STO economics to make any money off it?

Druk knows what he is talking about, and he explains the cost curve well for lockbox ships.
    But that said, I'm still betting all my EC, that we will not see a large supply of these ships suddenly pop up on the exchange. And by large, I mean "at least" a page and half of listings ---> Where actual competition could take place. 3-4-5 postings is not going to yield anything better then a very marginal price reduction.
    I could be wrong, and there could be tons posted when this goes live, but my gut feeling is that there will be an artificially low supply offered in order to keep prices high as possible.

That's why I wanted a supply number attached to lockbox ships, that would let the player know exactly how many of said ships are unboxed and in existence within the economy.
    At least then we'd all be able to see whether a ship is in good supply (abundance), or if it is indeed as rare as the price tag demands.
    That's all I ask for is a little bit of transparency.

We can't have an honest and frank discussion about "supply and demand" until we know what the actual supply is.

[img][/img]OD5urLn.jpg
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    The 'Posting Fee' was there to keep posting serious and not as extra Inventory or Bank slot. You see that here with knuckleheads posting mundane stuff for 500 million quatloos, I mean EC.

The 'Sales Commission Fee' was just that and I think was about 10% deducted from the final sale price. I would assume that was a 'sink' that went nowhere but out of the game.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    shrimphead2015shrimphead2015 Member Posts: 527 Arc User
    To be honest I think this falls under a "time will tell" scenario. As for me I will reserve any opinion toward this news due to my ignorance of how the future game economics will play out.​​
    "There is iron in your words of death for all Comanche to see, and so there is iron in your words of life. No signed paper can hold the iron. It must come from men. The words of Ten Bears carries the same iron of life and death. It is good that warriors such as we meet in the struggle of life... or death. It shall be life." - Ten Bears (Will Sampson)
  • Options
    hatepwehatepwe Member Posts: 252 Arc User
    You guys understand that a higher exchange cap will not lead to higher prices right?

For any item under 500m, it will have no effect whatsoever.

For the tiny, tiny number of items above 500m, it will almost certianly lead to LOWER prices.

This is because it A) increases the market supply at any given time and B) allows for price competition by undercutting.

Exactly this, in the short term everything will spike up to 1 billion but since that's such a massive amount of EC just psychologically people won't want to pay that. And as stated undercutting will lower the price, frankly I'm more surprised to see keys still sitting so high up in price.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    starcruiser#3423 starcruiser Member Posts: 1,201 Arc User
    Worst idea EVER! Wait and see and you will be thankful for more inflation with no checks/balances like any other economy.

Whales will pay up anything to have the latest shinies right now. The system is doom for failure and as usual the players are the ones who lose out. Lucho is right there needs to be a balance for the system outside the exchange in order for this cap to work.

dino1-10.gif​​
  • Options
    samt1996samt1996 Member Posts: 2,856 Arc User
    I can't wait to say I told you so to all these morons...
  • Options
    cidjackcidjack Member Posts: 2,017 Arc User
    Whales: Players willing to spend time and money getting enjoyment out of something they like.

Usual players: just enjoy the game.

Complaining players: players who want something for free, or to mooch off of everyone else.

Me personally, I am going to post everything at a billion ec. Smart players will not buy. Usual players will not notice. The rest of you all will TRIBBLE.
    Armada: Multiplying fleet projects in need of dilithium by 13."
    95bced8038c91ec6f880d510e6fd302f366a776c4c5761e5f7931d491667a45e.jpgvia Imgflip Meme Generator
  • Options
    betayuyabetayuya Member Posts: 1,059 Arc User
    it's a minor code bump, nothing more... lol
    eywdK7c.jpg
  • Options
    mackbolan01mackbolan01 Member Posts: 580 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    <Irrelevant & inappropriate comment edited out>
    Post edited by jodarkrider on
  • Options
    starcruiser#3423 starcruiser Member Posts: 1,201 Arc User
    From release notes:

increased the maximum auction price of 500,000,000 Energy Credits to 750,000,000 Energy Credits.

I guess we will see how it goes.​​
  • Options
    ancientfighterancientfighter Member Posts: 112 Arc User
    Anyway, here's another point of view on this:

One of my space hobbies is flipping ships when new promos come out. Try to get them for like 500-600m from people who win them and then sell for 600-700m in the trading channels or zone.

It's like a minigame, message the winners!

Usually no, or no reply, but sometimes they say yes!

This change is going to make it a lot harder to do that. Now people who win the ships will be able to just search the exchange, and plop theirs down for 5m cheaper.

Rip my minigame :(

Fixing for you,
    - get them for like 650-750m and then sell for 900m-1b.
    It seems that your minigame is safe...
    You should play monopoly and not star trek.
  • Options
    captainkenny1captainkenny1 Member Posts: 326 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    why should people buy a vonph for 900m-1B if people are offering them for 600-650 mil?
    Sigh.....Why do people think just because the cap has been raised, things will be automatically be more expensive?
    it is not that keys or anything else priced below the 500 mil cap will suddenly become worth more than 500 mil...
  • Options
    why should people buy a vonph for 900m-1B if people are offering them for 600-650 mil?
    Sigh.....

Mmmmmm, probably because all of those being listed for 600-650, get bought up and resold for 900-1B!!!

• Options
    captainkenny1captainkenny1 Member Posts: 326 Arc User
    Sigh.....

Mmmmmm, probably because all of those being listed for 600-650, get bought up and resold for 900-1B!!!

and will stay unsold for a long time, more vonph are getting in circulation, price will drop
  • Options
    ancientfighterancientfighter Member Posts: 112 Arc User
    i don't care about that bathtub,
    and i'm almost sure i not have mentioned anything about one kind of ship or name.
    Sigh.....
    why? why? why?
    i have a crystal ball, that's enough.
  • Options
    Sigh.....

and will stay unsold for a long time, more vonph are getting in circulation, price will drop

Unsold? Maybe! More being put into circulation? Most likely! Those also being bought up, and resold for 900-1B? Count on it!

It's not like the space zillionaires, are hurting for EC buying these at those lower prices!!!

• Options
    monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    OooH! patch notes just came out, only raising it to 750m!

This will still be a big help on vonph prices, and the lower priced super ships, and will be a layer of protection for people trying to post items.

With a 1b cap, the only safe way to post a 1b item is to remove all ec from your character, and also cancel all other listings, since ec above your player cap is just gone.

Please update the thread title to reflect this. Thank you.
  • Options
    Good thing this was a positive Titled Thread because the one that said that the cap limit raise was a bad idea was closed by the CM.

Think happy thoughts.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    The other big changes from the Patch Notes was limiting the amount of Campaign XP you could earn in a day to 10k per Campaign per day. And on a lesser note Raising Winter Epohhs (only) down to 20 hours from 24.
    I bet there was a Stealth nerf also applied but we will see if my suspicions play out tomorrow.
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    mackbolan01mackbolan01 Member Posts: 580 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    <Irrelevant & inappropriate comment edited out>
    Post edited by jodarkrider on