What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

-=Awesome! Exchange Price Cap Is Being Raised to 750M!=-

Comments

• Options
    samt1996samt1996 Member Posts: 2,856 Arc User
    Wow, there isn't enough tin foil in the world to satisfy this crowd! Lol

Reminds of the old hippy movement... God I hate hippies.
  • Options
    samt1996samt1996 Member Posts: 2,856 Arc User
    I give up... on the entire human race.

This isn't just your average everyday stupid this is advanced stupid.
  • Options
    fiberteksyfirfiberteksyfir Member Posts: 1,207 Arc User
    Im going to remain reserved and say lets see what happens. More than likely, nothing at all. Increasing the ability to post >500mil isnt going to affect anything not already at 500mil. I believe it will only affect items that are "black marketed" to chatrooms and zone for over 500m. It will likely force those folks to list and actually openly compete (unless somebody buys em all and peddles them in chat for 1b plus keys.. Thats a whole other problem we'll deal with next year sometime :) )
  • Options
    twg042370twg042370 Member Posts: 2,312 Arc User
    samt1996 wrote: »

Don't let the door of the rocket hit your TRIBBLE on the way out.

<3
  • Options
    szimszim Member Posts: 2,503 Arc User
    edited December 2015

I'm sorry. We're no match for your superior intellect, your eloquent way of speaking and your true, kind, altruistic heart. We are unworthy of your glorious presence.
  • Options
    sennahcheribsennahcherib Member Posts: 2,823 Arc User
    Im going to remain reserved and say lets see what happens. More than likely, nothing at all. Increasing the ability to post >500mil isnt going to affect anything not already at 500mil. I believe it will only affect items that are "black marketed" to chatrooms and zone for over 500m. It will likely force those folks to list and actually openly compete (unless somebody buys em all and peddles them in chat for 1b plus keys.. Thats a whole other problem we'll deal with next year sometime :) )

I think the same thing.

wait & see.
  • Options
    betayuyabetayuya Member Posts: 1,059 Arc User

take the red pill, it's worth it... lmao
    eywdK7c.jpg
  • Options
    dirlettiadirlettia Member Posts: 1,632 Arc User
    Every time there is a cap anywhere people will always want more than that. In Guild Wars they got round the currency caps by trading in another commodity, namely Ectoplasm's, so I would guess that the same will happen here in Jem Bugs before long.

Seems ironic that greed is rife in a game portraying a future which had left that behind (Ferengi aside)

Still waiting to be able to use forum titles
  • Options
    echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    I've never seen such division in my life. Raising the cap won't end STO, it will just get more things on the exchange. Yes, people will stick 1b ticket on some things and only an idiot would pay that much for whatever it is. Soon enough, the prices will come down and down and down as there will be more competition. As someone who doesn't hold onto her EC long enough to build it up to even a few million, I'll never be able to afford all those 100m+ ships anyway, so this won't affect me at all.

To those who scream that lockbox keys will rise to 15m or more? Buy zen and get keys from c-store. Problem solved.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • Options
    sennahcheribsennahcherib Member Posts: 2,823 Arc User
    To those who scream that lockbox keys will rise to 15m or more? Buy zen and get keys from c-store. Problem solved.

everyone is not a whale who can put a lot of money in STO. the keys at 1mil or 2 were interesting because a lot of players had the possibility to open lock boxes. But now at 4,7 mil ec, only the rich players buy to from other rich players.
  • Options
    khan1000khan1000 Member Posts: 264 Arc User
    This is very very bad the markets is already hyper inflated.
    giphy.gif
    Fear the Dominion
  • Options
    thatcursedwolfthatcursedwolf Member Posts: 1,617 Arc User
    khan1000 wrote: »
    This is very very bad the markets is already hyper inflated.

That'd be the fault of all the EC inputs that recently opened up, not the possibility that the exchange can host 500 million to 1 billion EC items.
    This is my Risian Corvette. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
  • Options
    allocaterallocater Member Posts: 289 Arc User
    Generally it's better to have trades in a transparent, open, public setting (exchange) than in a closed, dark alley corner (chat,in-person-trades,).

Now if in this special case it increases or decreases the price, we shall see.
  • Options
    thestargazethestargaze Member Posts: 1,020 Arc User
    worst idea ever,.. now things will be way over-priced- I guess I can say good bye to ever get a lock-box ship now.
  • Options
    kavasekavase Member Posts: 771 Arc User
    I'm failing to see what the big deal is here. I'm again, surprised still there is even a cap at all at this point.
    Retired. I'm now in search for that perfect space anomaly.
  • Options
    cidjackcidjack Member Posts: 2,017 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    If one cannot afford to buy keys with RL money or grind the dil for them should not be opening lockboxes.
    Armada: Multiplying fleet projects in need of dilithium by 13."
    95bced8038c91ec6f880d510e6fd302f366a776c4c5761e5f7931d491667a45e.jpgvia Imgflip Meme Generator
  • Options
    trekpuppytrekpuppy Member Posts: 446 Arc User
    The cap is simply restored to the level it had before March 23, 2012. It worked just fine back then and has been dearly missed.
    ---
    "-Grind is good!" --Gordon Geko
    Accolades checklist: https://bit.ly/FLUFFYS
  • Options
    warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    If the cap on the exchange was magically set to 20k EC, do people really think the cost of desirable items will go down? o:)
    XzRTofz.gif
  • Options
    farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
    farmallm wrote: »
    I doubt it will make them cheaper. They will be going up to 1b in price now. I just see higher prices.

That doesn't make any kind of sense though does it?

Vonphs already actually -did- hit 1b ec. I sold one for 1b ec, others did too.

The 500m ec cap hasn't made all ships become 500m ec in price.

The market price is a function of supply and demand. With super ships kept off the exchange by the arbitrary 500m cap, there is at any given time fewer of those ships available on the market. This is because people can only advertise them for sale while they are online, and only to people in the same zone or channel with them.

The exchange allows you to make persistant sale advertisements for your ships. So, even when you're offline, your ship is still part of the market supply. More ships in the supply, supply up. Supply up, demand same, price down.

Nor did it drop enough for others to afford either. They still too high, and some other items as well. I don't have that kind of EC flow. Either way it will only drive the prices higher.
    Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.
  • Options
    cidjackcidjack Member Posts: 2,017 Arc User
    Just for valoreah, I am going to list common consoles and standard issue torpedoes for 1 bil. I do hope no one undercuts me!
    Armada: Multiplying fleet projects in need of dilithium by 13."
    95bced8038c91ec6f880d510e6fd302f366a776c4c5761e5f7931d491667a45e.jpgvia Imgflip Meme Generator
  • Options
    farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
    How and why do you think will it drive prices higher?

It will set the bar the new standard, and thus will make the prices goes up.

I don't have issues with other players getting rich off EC or Dil. Its just less I will have to do on the Exchanges and keep mine.
    Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.
  • Options
    szimszim Member Posts: 2,503 Arc User
    valoreah wrote: »
    How and why do you think will it drive prices higher?

Because now people will list items for 1 billion instead of 500 million because they can?​​

I can set the price of shoes to one billion $. That doesn't mean anybody is going to buy them.

If somebody thinks, prices would rise with the new 1b EC exchange cap, that person doesn't understand the functionality of a competitive market.