What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

-=Awesome! Exchange Price Cap Is Being Raised to 750M!=-

Comments

• Options
    betayuyabetayuya Member Posts: 1,059 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    Tribble notes from today say that the price cap on the exchange is being raised to 1b ec from 500m.

This is going to make the most expensive ships, like the vonph and annorax, cheaper for people, since there will be actual price competition!

sounds interesting enough (1 billion EC JH ships lol)
    eywdK7c.jpg
  • Options
    artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    It's only a thousand million not a million million. Either one is out of my reach though.
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    mainamaina Member Posts: 430 Arc User
    I'm happy about the change. Good QOL change.

I just remembered my days of Spamadan in GW1. There was no exchange system of any kind and the only way to sell stuff was through direct player trading. You had to sit there spamming it in chat for hours, or days, on end, taking up all your time you could have spent actually playing the game. :/

A lot of us used GURU auctions, or similar sites. GWO also had a good trading section on their forums.
    gHF1ABR.jpg
  • Options
    angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    artan42 wrote: »
    It's only a thousand million not a million million. Either one is out of my reach though.

@artan42 Is this actually an issue for anyone but Germans? What the English language calls "billion" and comes after "million" is called "milliarde" in German while a "billion" which also exists comes after that (the million-million you mentioned). I always wondered about why that is, but never dug into the details pig-2.gif​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • Options
    artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    @angrytarg yes. Other countries in Europe also use the long scale (such also effects the trillion) as do old people in England.
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    szimszim Member Posts: 2,503 Arc User
    Really,really bad idea,i feel bad for new players.If you are trader in Sto then this is wonderful news for you but for casual players this is worst nightmare.Gold spammers are happy for sure.

Why Cryptic allway listen too wrong guys????.This is like DR deja vu.

Bad idea.

So keys will be 10 mill then,all will double.This means more grind,or play with your wallets.

So if you scream for some thing long enuff devs will enable your wish...nice.

How about exploaration and pvp???something that will actually help the game .

That's nonsense. Prices will not increase just because the limit is raised to one billion. In fact, this will bring more transparency to items that are sold for more than 500 million EC anyway. How many times do you see people asking in the channels how expensive an Annorax, JHAS, a Vonph or a Sheshar are?
  • Options
    szimszim Member Posts: 2,503 Arc User
    angrytarg wrote: »

@artan42 Is this actually an issue for anyone but Germans? What the English language calls "billion" and comes after "million" is called "milliarde" in German while a "billion" which also exists comes after that (the million-million you mentioned). I always wondered about why that is, but never dug into the details pig-2.gif​​

"Milliarde" (for 1'000'000'000) is used in ALL Germanic languages (except by the Brits), all Latin languages (like French, Spanish, Italian), all Slavic languages and in the Turkish language. Billion is used for 10^12.

Billion (for 10^9) is used in English, Irish, Breton, Scotish, Hungarian, Arab and in the Hebrew language.
  • Options
    aesicaaesica Member Posts: 736 Arc User
    Really,really bad idea,i feel bad for new players.If you are trader in Sto then this is wonderful news for you but for casual players this is worst nightmare.Gold spammers are happy for sure.

Why Cryptic allway listen too wrong guys????.This is like DR deja vu.

Bad idea.

So keys will be 10 mill then,all will double.This means more grind,or play with your wallets.

So if you scream for some thing long enuff devs will enable your wish...nice.

How about exploaration and pvp???something that will actually help the game .

No, it's actually just fine. All it means is that people selling TRIBBLE for over 500m can now do so on the exchange rather than by spamming up zone chat, using 3rd party sites, etc. It also means that it'll be harder for people to charge even more for something than they should, because when they list, say, their Annorax, it'll be right alongside a bunch of other Annorax ships. Then you, the buyer, can buy the cheapest one. If they're all too expensive and nobody buys, the price falls, and continues to fall until it hits a range that people are willing to pay for.
    Rubberband Dance has been unlocked!
    kNqxcCf.gif
  • Options
    sunseahlsunseahl Member Posts: 827 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    If the 1b price cap will cause ships to cost 1b ec, why doesn't the 500m cap cause ships to cost 500m?
    It has before, the new cap will again.
    There are almost no items in the game, literally only 5 items (bug ship, sheshar, annorax, vonph, bulwark) out of all the thousands of items in the game, for which people are willing to pay more than 500m ec.

Before T6 the Galor, D'kora, and Attack Ship were the same

When the Crafting System became what it is now several of the items were at 500mil for the first few weeks
    The answer is of course because the exchange cap isn't what matters in the prices of items.
    You're right it's the perceived "value" of an item... This is why when the older boxes were opened the T5 "booby-ship" and T5/T6 shared the same exchange price for the first few days.
    The 500m cap has never been an impediment to items being bought for more than 500m.
    Again you're correct. Cryptic never intended for players to have this much EC at any one time. It was their original version of "infinity."
    Facts about supply and demand are what cause market prices to be what they are.
    Uuuhhh... Not really.

The T5 Jemmy Attack Ship is expensive for more than it's rarity... It's also it's novelty.

The Galor, access to Spiral Waves.

D'kora, access to just about everything... even Dabo.

These are the 3 oldest ships from boxes and their values are still high for more than just Supply/Demand.
    The improved exchange cap will change facts about supply and demand, but the changes are changes that put downward pressure on prices, not upward prices.
    Perhaps... but it will never change the perceived value of an object. the Annorax will never /not/ be over 500 million, not because it's "rare," but because it's a Science Dreadnought. One people have wanted and one that fits the bill for what people want out of an aggressive science vessel.​​
    Member of the "Disenchanted"
    We don't want what the Feds have. We want the equivalent. We want fairer treatment. Concern, desire, greed to some extent, and passionate belief that the enough people would buy KDF items to make it worth Cryptic's while.
  • Options
    kitsunesnoutkitsunesnout Member Posts: 1,210 Arc User
    All I can say is, it's about darn time! All ships will now have to be priced competitively, and that can only mean a more fair economy! I might just start spending a bit more time in STO again knowing I might have a hope of getting a Vonph for a likely more reasonable price. After all I see the darn things dropping almost more than the Quas at times.
  • Options
    sunseahlsunseahl Member Posts: 827 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    sunseahl wrote: »
    If the 1b price cap will cause ships to cost 1b ec, why doesn't the 500m cap cause ships to cost 500m?
    There are almost no items in the game, literally only 5 items (bug ship, sheshar, annorax, vonph, bulwark) out of all the thousands of items in the game, for which people are willing to pay more than 500m ec.

When the Crafting System became what it is now several of the items were at 500mil for the first few weeks
    The answer is of course because the exchange cap isn't what matters in the prices of items.
    You're right it's the perceived "value" of an item... This is why when the older boxes were opened the T5 "booby-ship" and T5/T6 shared the same exchange price for the first few days.
    The 500m cap has never been an impediment to items being bought for more than 500m.
    Again you're correct. Cryptic never intended for players to have this much EC at any one time. It was their original version of "infinity."
    Uuuhhh... Not really.

The T5 Jemmy Attack Ship is expensive for more than it's rarity... It's also it's novelty.

These are the 3 oldest ships from boxes and their values are still high for more than just Supply/Demand.
    The improved exchange cap will change facts about supply and demand, but the changes are changes that put downward pressure on prices, not upward prices.
    Perhaps... but it will never change the perceived value of an object. the Annorax will never /not/ be over 500 million, not because it's "rare," but because it's a Science Dreadnought. One people have wanted and one that fits the bill for what people want out of an aggressive science vessel.

1) D'kora and galor were 80m ec 3 years ago. D'koras are 430m right now and galors are like 350m. "Attack ship" is another way of saying "bug ship" isn't it?

2) What do you mean? mirror ships and prize ships both the same price? I wasn't around for the ferengi or cardassian boxes, but the mirror ships, and the novelty alien ships have not been valued on par with the prize ships. People have brains and can interpret the statistics for the ships, and understand the box mechanics.

3) What makes you say that? Why do you believe it?

4) Right, those are facts about demand. Like I said where you quoted me, "facts about supply and demand cause market prices to be what they are."

"Uhhhhh not really, facts about demand are what make those old ships expensive" Isn't really an objection, is it?

And what about the supply? Are those ships in especially abundant supply, do people often open those old boxes? if they do, how do they have to price the ships to make it worth their while? finish the thought!

And the Attack Ship was sitting somewhere around 150 Mill 3 years ago too.... since then the people who "work" the market have made billions that are stuffed in boxes with ships inside. The money they have freely on their own hands pushes the price that they believe they can sell the boxes for higher, not lower. As was said earlier... because there's an access to more EC now the prices are naturally going to go up because people believe they can charge more and get away with it. As for the last question the ship is quite actually named the Jem'Hadar Attack Ship. "Bug ship" is the nickname people have given it, yes.

Buyers with brains may be able to, it doesn't stop the mindless sellers from putting the ships on the exchange at 500 mill on day one, sometimes through day seven or longer.

The interviews with the devs about EC and the exchange make me believe it. They continually seem to be rather surprised or taken aback that people have over 500 million at any given time, or ask for over 500 million for an item in-game. This shock seems to persist, even with the c-store buyable that ups a persons EC cap to 1 Billion.

They're not facts about demand, they're facts about the item itself. The truth about supply/demand is that the "demand" side is actually a farce when it comes to STO. There is no "demand" or there would be buy orders on the EC exchange as well as sell orders, Like the Dil Exchange. STO doesn't provide this therefore there's never a "demand" for anything... only what someone is willing to supply. There is actually quite and abundant supply of all the ships if you let the notification stay default. Earlier tonight i saw 3 of them about the Galor alone. This was intermixed in between the Herald ships, Xindi, even a Hirogen one. there's more than plenty of these ships popping up all the time so then why are there so few ships of ANY type on the exchange? It can't be "demand," again there are no buy orders so the only other 2 options are opening of the ship, or, artificial rarity.​​
    Member of the "Disenchanted"
    We don't want what the Feds have. We want the equivalent. We want fairer treatment. Concern, desire, greed to some extent, and passionate belief that the enough people would buy KDF items to make it worth Cryptic's while.
  • Options
    shadowwraith77shadowwraith77 Member Posts: 6,395 Arc User
    ltminns wrote: »
    I saw that the other day for the Command Specialization Spec. Someone was bound and determined to get 750k each. There were a few in the 400's. They disappeared quickly and EVERY one was listed for exactly 750k. Well except for the inevitable one knucklehead posting of 15 million.

You should have kept making command specialization specs and selling them to the guy for 400k or whatever until he ran out of money...

LOL, that could have taken an eternity, as making them takes hours per stack!!!
    tumblr_nq9ec3BSAy1qj6sk2o2_500_zpspkqw0mmk.gif

Praetor of the -RTS- Romulan Tal Shiar fleet!

• Options
    You guys understand that a higher exchange cap will not lead to higher prices right?

For any item under 500m, it will have no effect whatsoever.

For the tiny, tiny number of items above 500m, it will almost certianly lead to LOWER prices.

This is because it A) increases the market supply at any given time and B) allows for price competition by undercutting.

While even I will tend to agree with this statement, the so called supply will undoubtably remain very small, and therefore not really making what most would call much of any competition.

Especially at those high of prices!!!

• Options
    beameddown wrote: »
    This will allow people to sell stuff while offline and free up their game time to do other things instead of sitting there trying to sell their stuff.
    and repeatitiveepic, let me just answer now cause your hawking over all of this right now, the fact is that a MMO game's economy is not a mirror of how economies work in reality

-you don't have exploits that magically create wealth out of thin air in reality

Quantitative Easing and Wall Street would beg to differ.

Oh, you mean like financial derivatives?

• Options
    gulberat wrote: »
    farmallm wrote: »
    I doubt it will make them cheaper. They will be going up to 1b in price now. I just see higher prices.

I agree. What is really going on here is inflation. The Admiralty system has had the same effect as printing money does on the value of real currency. The price increase is not necessarily triggered by raising the price cap on the Exchange...it's a symptom of pumping new EC into the system at a high rate compared to the past. repetitiveepic pointed out that inflation doesn't occur without additional "money" supply...well, there's your source.

So, if the world just starting producing more oil, gold, uranium, etc., those would technically also become cheaper, or would the world inflate the price on them because they are so plentiful now?

Inflation is a huge joke, and that joke is on the less than wealthy!!!

• Options
    flash525flash525 Member Posts: 5,441 Arc User
    In other news, the Exchange is soon to break.

The Mail System worked. They added a feature. It broke.
    The Exchange System works. They're going to add a feature. It'll break.
    attachment.php?attachmentid=42556&d=1518094222
  • Options
    angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    @angrytarg yes. Other countries in Europe also use the long scale (such also effects the trillion) as do old people in England.
    szim wrote: »
    "Milliarde" (for 1'000'000'000) is used in ALL Germanic languages (except by the Brits), all Latin languages (like French, Spanish, Italian), all Slavic languages and in the Turkish language. Billion is used for 10^12.

Billion (for 10^9) is used in English, Irish, Breton, Scotish, Hungarian, Arab and in the Hebrew language.

I didn't know that, thank you @artan42 and @szim pig-1.gif​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • Options
    darthraiderxxxdarthraiderxxx Member Posts: 200 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    This is a good QOL change. There was already a market for some ships above 500 m EC. At that point the old EC cap became redunant. This will allow seller to sell those ships without being online and buyers can benefit from the typical undercutting the current highest price just a bit. Yes, there will be the random idiot who will now put his useless item on the market for 1000 m EC rather than 500 m EC, but those items didn't sell either way. Anyone who thinks this will raise the average price for items that are currently under 500 m EC should take some basic economics class. The only thing that raises EC prices is a higher and higher amount of EC going around with no big EC sinks.
    ltminns wrote: »
    I saw that the other day for the Command Specialization Spec. Someone was bound and determined to get 750k each. There were a few in the 400's. They disappeared quickly and EVERY one was listed for exactly 750k. Well except for the inevitable one knucklehead posting of 15 million.

Someone tried to do the same with purple MK XII AP Mag regulators recently. Bought up the entire market and set the price above 2 m EC. Let's just say that player gave up within a day and i made some nice EC that day. If you see something like that again, craft said item on all your chars and enjoy the EC coming your way while also helping to normalize the market price. And if you can't craft that item, tell your fleet mates or friends about it.​​
  • Options
    In next weeks exciting news, top 1% of STO economy, will be asking for a increase to 10bill for personal EC, while an increase to 100mill for account banks!!!

• Options
    betayuyabetayuya Member Posts: 1,059 Arc User
    1 x Small Hypo 1,000,000,000
    hehe
    eywdK7c.jpg
  • Options
    samt1996samt1996 Member Posts: 2,856 Arc User
    Oh God all the socialist crybaby's whining about rich people make me want to shoot myself!

You do realize that is how all economies work right!? And all those nice ships and equipment you like to buy are made by them?!

Just because their smart and hard working doesn't mean they're bad... they're just better than you. ;p
  • Options
    warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    I'm just curious... If the devs suddenly made the EC cap on the exchange only 20k EC, do people think it will drive down the prices of desirable items? >:)
    XzRTofz.gif
  • Options
    fovrelfovrel Member Posts: 1,448 Arc User
    garaks31 wrote: »
    for newbies there are 9 zeros in 1b and everything your earn above your ec cap goes to quarks bajoran war orphans fund

Would you believe I don't have the account overcap for EC. A must have according to the pro players here. I play this game for three years now. I still don't know what good it is for me. I seldom use the exchange, I turn all my loot into the replicicator.
  • Options
    ancientfighterancientfighter Member Posts: 112 Arc User
    20k ec cap only if the entire server were new and any item sold to the vendor worth 1 ec.

At the present moment if have items above the cap are thanks to resellers, they take away the right of those who want to buy the item by that amount and make him pay more.
    Increasing the cap to 1b will increase the amount of players with chars lvl 1 only to hold more ec, valuing even more older items from lockboxes and leaving the game absurdly more expensive to compete. Maybe the only competition is ec and some players already has confirmed it . (sad life)

Greedy people will be forever blind, no matter what is said.
    Let these scammers edit and destroy the game.
    A year from now i'll raise this topic to compare the old and new prices.
  • Options
    taylor1701dtaylor1701d Member Posts: 3,099 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    We will see how available "certain" ships become, I'll be very curious, and will be watching closely, to see what actually finds it's way onto the market.
    But more importantly though, is how fast a supply of these premiere ships will hit the market.
    Depending on the flow of supply, this could be a huge win for the exchange cartels.
    And it would come again, at the expense of the average player.

IMO, it will just make cornering a premiere ship market even easier for Ship Flippers and EC selling groups. (So long as the market isn't flooded) and ships "just trickle in".
    If the supply trickles in, that will open up a great opportunity for The cartels, as they can then just pick off ships as they hit the market, with their vast EC stockpiles.
    Then withhold them, until demand goes crazy.

I wouldn't be surprised to see certain ships (Annorax) never hit the open market in any great supply. And the few that do, will be snapped up by exchange Cartels/watchers.

***Of course if premiere ships start showing up in large supply this wont be so easily achieved, and Druk's "downward pressure" argument will hold.

We should watch the Premiere ship supply closely the first few weeks, to see how fast ships are entering the market. This will determine whether this will be a boon to players, and create a more equitable market, where actual competition exists, or whether this will just be another vessel for profit for ship flippers and EC sellers and exchange Cartels.
    Buy Low sell High, could very well go into overdrive.

It was one thing when eager entrepreneurs would work the "ship winners" market by PM'ing a person who just opened a lockbox and won a ship and offering to buy it straight up.
    But now they can just troll the exchange, or employ the use of bots to buy up supply.
    I didn't mind option 1, they would work hard to make their profit. Not to mention the tediousness of PM'ing "ship winners" over and over until they found a sale.
    It was the footwork they actually did that made their sick profits palatable to at least me.
    They at least worked for their profit.

But this...nah, I don't like it, I don't like it one bit.

We will see in a few weeks how this will play out.
    But I'm willing to bet all my EC, that we will not see a large supply of premiere ships flood the market. And therefore we will not see equitability and fair market competition.

The Keylluminati is REAL.

I'm still waiting on theories as to how EC sellers operate... no one seems to want to address this. Wonder why ?
    [img][/img]OD5urLn.jpg
  • Options
    seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    It won't matter.. for anything.

It won't raise prices, it won't lower them.. it doesn't matter. People will charge what others will pay regardless of the Exchange Limit.

And to those that think that now 1 Billion is the most anything will ever go for, it's not. Just like people used the trade channels to bypass the 500k EC Limit, they will use it the same way to price things over 1B. If it becomes difficult to transfer that amount then people will start selling ships for 1B + X number of Keys or something similar.

The only things the push prices up or down is Supply vs Demand, that's it. Set the exchange limit at what you want, it's all just noise. The only thing that drives prices down is when people collectively decide the price is too high and stop buying.

That hasn't, and won't change. If you think something is too expensive, don't buy it. The biggest advantage is that now people can use the exchange instead of risking possibly getting ripped off by someone figuring out how to scam the trade system. The Exchange makes things more accessible and that's a plus.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • Options
    taylor1701dtaylor1701d Member Posts: 3,099 Arc User
    edited December 2015

Uuuhhh... Not really.

Perhaps... but it will never change the perceived value of an object. the Annorax will never /not/ be over 500 million, not because it's "rare," but because it's a Science Dreadnought. One people have wanted and one that fits the bill for what people want out of an aggressive science vessel.

1) D'kora and galor were 80m ec 3 years ago. D'koras are 430m right now and galors are like 350m. "Attack ship" is another way of saying "bug ship" isn't it?

2) What do you mean? mirror ships and prize ships both the same price? I wasn't around for the ferengi or cardassian boxes, but the mirror ships, and the novelty alien ships have not been valued on par with the prize ships. People have brains and can interpret the statistics for the ships, and understand the box mechanics.

3) What makes you say that? Why do you believe it?

4) Right, those are facts about demand. Like I said where you quoted me, "facts about supply and demand cause market prices to be what they are."

"Uhhhhh not really, facts about demand are what make those old ships expensive" Isn't really an objection, is it?

And what about the supply? Are those ships in especially abundant supply, do people often open those old boxes? if they do, how do they have to price the ships to make it worth their while? finish the thought!

And the Attack Ship was sitting somewhere around 150 Mill 3 years ago too.... since then the people who "work" the market have made billions that are stuffed in boxes with ships inside. The money they have freely on their own hands pushes the price that they believe they can sell the boxes for higher, not lower. As was said earlier... because there's an access to more EC now the prices are naturally going to go up because people believe they can charge more and get away with it. As for the last question the ship is quite actually named the Jem'Hadar Attack Ship. "Bug ship" is the nickname people have given it, yes.

Buyers with brains may be able to, it doesn't stop the mindless sellers from putting the ships on the exchange at 500 mill on day one, sometimes through day seven or longer.

The interviews with the devs about EC and the exchange make me believe it. They continually seem to be rather surprised or taken aback that people have over 500 million at any given time, or ask for over 500 million for an item in-game. This shock seems to persist, even with the c-store buyable that ups a persons EC cap to 1 Billion.

They're not facts about demand, they're facts about the item itself. The truth about supply/demand is that the "demand" side is actually a farce when it comes to STO. There is no "demand" or there would be buy orders on the EC exchange as well as sell orders, Like the Dil Exchange. STO doesn't provide this therefore there's never a "demand" for anything... only what someone is willing to supply. There is actually quite and abundant supply of all the ships if you let the notification stay default. Earlier tonight i saw 3 of them about the Galor alone. This was intermixed in between the Herald ships, Xindi, even a Hirogen one. there's more than plenty of these ships popping up all the time so then why are there so few ships of ANY type on the exchange? It can't be "demand," again there are no buy orders so the only other 2 options are opening of the ship, or, artificial rarity.​​

Artificial Rarity is the key word.
    [img][/img]OD5urLn.jpg