test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

CRYPTIC - THANKYOU FOR BEAM: FIRE AT WILL!

I love this power.

Got a lucky crit while doffing and turned the BO into a training manual.

Using BFAW 3 this thing is a monster of amusing destruction. So thankyou cryptic, I'm having the most fun ive had in the game for a long time just because of this one power.

Comments

• Options
    meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    ^^ I see what you did there. :P
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    thatcursedwolfthatcursedwolf Member Posts: 1,617 Arc User
    Wow! I didn't know anyone else loved this power! I thought I was the only one.

High positioning requirements, not good for AoE, drastic range drop off, but you know what, thank you Cryptic for my favoritest skill in the game!
    This is my Risian Corvette. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
  • Options
    jarvisandalfredjarvisandalfred Member Posts: 1,549 Bug Hunter
    Yeah, thanks! It's nice to know that the good performance of my ship isn't due to bugged abilities but actual design intent!
    SCM - Crystal C. (S) - [00:12] DMG(DPS) - @jarvisandalfred: 8.63M(713.16K) - Fed Sci

SCM - Hive (S) - [02:31] DMG(DPS) - @jarvisandalfred: 30.62M(204.66K) - Fed Sci

Tacs are overrated.

Game's best wiki

Build questions? Look here!
  • Options
    mainamaina Member Posts: 430 Arc User
    It also seems to help people who don't have it. From what I understand if you aren't using it you get to claim you have "mad skillz" in the game.

It's so full of win.
    gHF1ABR.jpg
  • Options
    samt1996samt1996 Member Posts: 2,856 Arc User
    What the hell, anything's worth a try at this point...

I @&;$#/@! LOVE BFAW OMG OMG OMG!!!

ITS AMAZING AND PERFECT DONT EVER NERF IT!!!
  • Options
    thatcursedwolfthatcursedwolf Member Posts: 1,617 Arc User
    samt1996 wrote: »
    What the hell, anything's worth a try at this point...

I @&$#/@! LOVE BFAW OMG OMG OMG!!!

ITS AMAZING AND PERFECT DONT EVER NERF IT!!!

Quiet man! First rule of BFAW club!
    This is my Risian Corvette. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
  • Options
    berginsbergins Member Posts: 3,453 Arc User
    Darn you all!!

I was doing my best to NOT read that other thread, but I had to go look and confirm my suspicions on what this was all about.

Darn you all to heck!!

Oh, and...

I LOVE BFAW!!! IT IS THE BEST EVAH!!!!!
    "Logic is a little tweeting bird chirping in a meadow. Logic is a wreath of pretty flowers which smell BAD." - Spock
  • Options
    kontarnuskontarnus Member Posts: 289 Arc User
    So, this is the STO forum equivalent of Bread and Circuses.
    Now I understand why these threads aren't closed.

Well done Moderators, well done.
    *polite laudatory clapping*
    "Intelligence is finite, stupidity is infinite" -- Umberto Eco
  • Options
    scarlingscarling Member Posts: 708 Arc User
    Attack Pattern Alpha is the most amazing buff for using science powers! Who needs a sci character anyways! Everyone should be a tac!
  • Options
    kyrrokkyrrok Member Posts: 1,352 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    Does your DPS suffer from severe, unreasonable, dropoff (a cliff) penalties further out past 2km while trying to use cannons? Do your torpedoes not get enough base power, leaving you to struggle to find a way to overcome the penalties Kinetic damage faces? Do your weapons not get to the target in time before it's space dust? Do you wish your Beam:Overload, could be twice as powerful, target 2 ships, and get a 5th shot each volley instead of one total? Then Beam:Fire at Will is your answer! Guaranteed to get you into the hottest DPS clubs, or your money back! (disclaimer: no money back guarantee is offerred, expressed or implied, just part of the advertisement)

But wait! There's more! Yours for the low low price of a 10 second cooldown or even less, you too can brainlessly shoot your way to major success, secure in the knowledge that when other weapons or abilities get nerfed, Beam:Fire at Will if anything only gets better. Buy two copies of these and watch your cooldowns disappear entirely! Just keep cycling one then the other and you can constantly shoot two of your opponents ships until they've been destroyed!

Are you tired of slaving all day having to worry about having actual playing ability? Don't you wish the game were even easier than hitting a few more buttons in addition to spacebar? Then Beam:Fire at Will is for you! No instructions are offerred because no instructions are needed. Just BFAW away and watch even the Borg Queen's ship disappear in seconds!

Why wait for cannons, torpedoes, and Beam:Overload to get their fair shake in the game when you can be king of the game just by replacing them with Beam:Fire at Will? They come in version's I, II, and III, all of them guaranteed to get you into the DPS clubs. Just hear our sparkling testimonials...

S'sssss'sss'ss'ss's'ssss'ss'tss'tss'tss'tss'tss'tssthysisss
    That's Gorn for: I once played STO and I got sick of asking the admins for entry into the DPS clubs. In ISA, I usually do 4,589DPS. Now that I picked up BFAW I and II, I have to figure out who to accept, and who to throw the invitation back in his face.

S'stethiss's, Gorn surface guard, Rura Penthe (no longer available for verification)

While enjoying a glass of Bajoran distilled Kanar, made by an ungrateful populace, I enjoy playing STO, occaisionally. The game in the beginning was fine, but only just north of mediocre. The Bajorans, came closer to conquering Cardassia than the game was close to being an excellent one. The game required too much thought, too much strategy, too much... well I'm not a brutish Klingon, nor an ingenious but sanctimonious Federation type, and certainly not a predictably treacherous Romulan but I....er what was that? Republic Romulans? A complex plot to placate the masses until they strike, I assure you. But that is another discussion. Back to the issue. But then I discovered Beam:Fire at Will and it is so freeing of my mind to not be so active, I can almost rest my hand on the spacebar and let it play itself. It is mildly entertaining, but more importantly, requires little to no effort. Just like manufacturing ore using Bajoran workers, back on Ter... em Deep Space 9.

Ambassador Rugan Skyl. Cardassian Diplomatic Corps, (an insider True Way type if you ask me, I'll bet both my lobes.)

When I was playing STO, while I was not on duty serving the founders of course, I found it rather irritating that Beam: Overload, Cannon: Rapid Fire and Torpedo: High Yield were doing next to nothing for any of my builds. Cannons continue to be nothing more than golfballs thrown at a ship further out than 2km. Worst of them, the High Yields continue to suffer unreasonably from diminishing returns for each torpedo in the salvo. If you're not running plasma or tricobalt, don't even bother with High Yield. But by the founders, I've got it, I've got it, I've got it! Beam:Fire at will does everything for everyone and I don't know why I incorporated quantum torpedoes in my Jem Hadar dreadnought to begin with. I'll save the Quantums for when I become the leader of a real Jem Hadar command ship. Wait a minute, did you spell founders with a lower case F? They are not things, they are gods! Save the lower case F for when you are not quoting a Vorta or a Jem Hadar. But since you have already done so... Soldiers of the Dominion! This salesman has insulted your gods! Defend their honor! (censored)

Weyoun the 10th, lead Vorta of Vessel 15485, Dominion. No Ferengi representatives were harmed in the making of this testimonial (mandatory disclaimer for the humane society within the Federation, no oath of truthfulness was expressed or implied)

So enjoy being king of players with the king of all abilities! Beam:Fire at Will! Guaranteed to get you into the hottest DPS clubs or your money back! (again no real guarantees express or implied)

Added: There have been recordings where someone has read much but not all of this script in some media channel. I have granted authorization to use previous to it being heard, but now after hearing their rendition of it, I have decided to disavow authorship of their version. I don't know why they have decided to butcher a perfectly good infomercial.
    Post edited by kyrrok on
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    Oh that was hilarious Kyrrok. :)
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    *takes bottle of vodka from Kyyrok and pours it down the sink*
  • Options
    captainransomcaptainransom Member Posts: 126 Arc User
    :D OMG this post is awesome! Good laughs. Nice to see some players with a sense of humor.
    giphy.gif

"It's easy to cling to principles when you're standing on a vessel with its bulkheads intact, manned by a crew that's not starving."

• Options
    kjwashingtonkjwashington Member Posts: 2,529 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    Oh yes! I love using B:FaW!!!!!!!!
    I love going into STFs with all my other friends using B:FaW and just killing everything within seconds!!!!!!!!
    One time we took off all but our tactical consoles, engines, and trusty beams, and removed all non-B:FaW abilities from our trays and still beat ISA in less than 5 minutes!!!! And no one died!!!!!!!
    Seriously, why even use anything else?!?!?!
    Crowd control? No need when you can kill everything in 360 degrees of your ship!
    Drain? No need to drain when the ship's dead before the drain is noticeable!
    Tank? No need to tank when your enemy is dead before they can get a shot off at you!
    Other weapon types?
    With B:FaW I can kill an enemy before the opening salvo of C:RF/C:SV/T:HY/T:S reaches the target or B:O finally finishes charging and fires!

In all seriousness though. It's time that Cryptic took a serious look at nerfing B:FaW HARD. Or at least nerf whatever is causing this one ability to be the end-all-be-all ability of the game.
    FaW%20meme_zpsbkzfjonz.jpg
    Support 90 degree arc limitation on BFaW! Save our ships from looking like flying disco balls of dumb!
  • Options
    bunansabunansa Member Posts: 928 Arc User
    BFAW should replace the science vessels Subsystem Targeting, just saying.

I mean why use any other ability but BFAW, I love it so much I installed it on my ship 3 times just so I could look at one not on cooldown.
    tumblr_ndmkqm59J31r5ynioo2_r2_500.gif

• Options
    mackbolan01mackbolan01 Member Posts: 580 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    in before the lock.....just because.......and for the recordi don't give a <vulgarism edited out for irrelevancy> about dps,and i don't give a <another vulgarism edited out for irrelevancy> about bfaw......i dont use it at all.......​​
    Post edited by jodarkrider on
  • Options
    e30erneste30ernest Member Posts: 1,794 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    In all seriousness though. It's time that Cryptic took a serious look at nerfing B:FaW HARD. Or at least nerf whatever is causing this one ability to be the end-all-be-all ability of the game.

Make it hit only in a cone around your main target... you know... like every other AOE weapon skill in the game.

Edit: Only slightly kidding.... :smiley:
  • Options
    grtiggygrtiggy Member Posts: 444 Arc User
  • Options
    kjwashingtonkjwashington Member Posts: 2,529 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    in before the lock.....just because.......and for the recordi don't give a TRIBBLE about dps,and i don't give a ROYAL TRIBBLE about bfaw......i dont use it at all.......​​

Neither do I. I don't think any of my ships are past 10k DPS, and none of my ships use B:FaW (such an ugly ability). My above post was just to have fun like everyone else in this thread about an ability that's so blatantly overpowered, but the only reason that Cryptic refuses to nerf it is because there wouldn't be enough whaaambulances in the alpha quadrant to quell the crying.
    grtiggy wrote: »
    i feel i'm missing something here? are changes coming to BFAW?

No, we're all just parodying the "Cryptic thank you for the Quantum Phase Torpedo" thread. Which after becoming popular had the torp nerfed. Or more specifically, how the torp interacted with T:S. Though I would be lying if I said that I didn't hope changes to B:FaW were coming.
    FaW%20meme_zpsbkzfjonz.jpg
    Support 90 degree arc limitation on BFaW! Save our ships from looking like flying disco balls of dumb!
  • Options
    ikonn#1068 ikonn Member Posts: 1,449 Arc User
    In the past... Cannons ruled the galaxy with their indesputable might.

But no longer...

Enter... Beam: Fire at Will!

Who's Will? I am glad you asked that question.

Will is the person the ability is named after. He's dead now, drifting in space for all to see and for all to use as target practice.

Fire at Will is not just an ability, it is a measure of your own greatness... the higher the rank, the greater you are!

Be one of the "Greats" today!
    -AoP- Warrior's Blood (KDF Armada) / -AoP- Qu' raD qulbo'Degh / -AoP- Project Phoenix
  • Options
    humblesheephumblesheep Member Posts: 423 Arc User
    Just dropped all my Torpedo Spreads and replaced them all with Beam Fire at Will. Wow! My DPS has doubled, this is amazing! I can't believe no one told me about it earlier. Thanks Cryptic, and I don't even have to think about anything anymore, all my ships are the same now. Where's my wallet? I so need some more identical ships.
  • Options
    deaftravis05deaftravis05 Member Posts: 4,885 Arc User
    Captain Vaed of the Indomitable had this to say:

When I began my training, I was warned not to use BFAW at all during Hive. Apparently it was like throwing oil on a gas fire. You'd attract all sorts of Borg. Then I dared to use it and wow oh wow, now I knew why I was warned not to use it. The run would just end as a dozen cubes would explode at the same time! It made the run end too quickly and we didn't want to discourage the developers. They had tried really hard to make the game challenging. The Canadian Bajoran in me just couldn't bring myself to ridicule the developers for their hard work making things hard for us.
  • Options
    thunderfoot#5163 thunderfoot Member Posts: 4,540 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    Thanks to Cryptic's superb game design philosophy and talent, I too can use Beam Fire At Will for everything! No more thinking! No more planning! Just place Beam Fire At Will in my Ship Tray and let the Spacebar do the rest! Wow! Now I can play Star Trek Online and catch up on my sleep at the same time! But wait! There's more! I have discovered some unexpected benefits from using Beam Fire At Will at every opportunity and in place of every other skill in the game. These are:

- My hair is growing back!
    - After a very long time, women find me attractive and charming again!
    - My chronic acne has finally gone away once and for al!

Thanks to Cryptic and Beam Fire At Will, I have rediscovered the will to live!

EDIT: Kyrrock, you are Da Man!
    A six year old boy and his starship. Living the dream.
  • Options
    burstorionburstorion Member Posts: 1,750 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    Faw spammin' across the universe,
    On the a random starship under a wannabe Kirk.
    The amount of dps I can put out is really quite pervese!

Big boobed Orion, report.

There's mobs on the starboard bow, starboard bow, starboard bow;
    there -was- mobs on the starboard bow, starboard bow, wannabe Kirk.

(FAW!)

Analysis, Mr. random Forumite.

It's FAW, Sir, but not OP, not OP, not OP; it's FAW, Sir, but not OP, not OP Sir.

there was mobs on the starboard bow, starboard bow, wannabe Kirk.

(FAW!)

The amount of dps I can put out is really quite pervese!

Nerf update, Mister Dev.

It's worse than that, we tried to nerf it, Sir, nerf, Sir, nerf, Sir;
    it's worse than that, we tried to nerf it, Sir - Now the forums are on fire!

It's FAW, Sir, but not OP, not OP, not OP; it's FAW, Sir, but not OP, not OP Sir.

Starship Captain, A Faw Lovin' Kirk:

Ah! We come to faceroll stfs, activate faw, double faw, activate faw;
    we come to faceroll stfs, activate faw, double faw, Team!

It's worse than that, we tried to nerf it, Sir, nerf, Sir, nerf, Sir;
    it's worse than that, we tried to nerf it, Sir - Now the forums are on fire!

there was mobs on the starboard bow, starboard bow, Kemofaws been nerfed!

The amount of dps I can put out without trying is really quite pervese!

STO forum, Faw lovers:

Ye cannae change the laws of STO, laws of STO, laws of STO;
    ye cannae change the laws of STO, especially faw, Devs!

(FAW!)

Ya cannot nerf the power Devs of the faw.

It's worse than that, it's faw, Devs.

Bridge to weapons bay...LOAD THE BEAMS WITH FAW!.

Och, if I load another copy of faw she'll be useless Sir!

The amount of dps I can put out without trying is really quite pervese!

The amount of dps I can put out via space bar is hilariously perverse!

(To be sung to The Firm - Star Trekkin)

normal-50.gif​​
  • Options
    ikonn#1068 ikonn Member Posts: 1,449 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    The next Billboard Top 100 song ^
    -AoP- Warrior's Blood (KDF Armada) / -AoP- Qu' raD qulbo'Degh / -AoP- Project Phoenix
  • Options
    *time out*

Please don't blame Cryptic too much we all know the players have backed them into a corner on this issue. The point here is to prove more people support balance and Cryptic's better judgement to make adjustments without being second guessed.

*time in*
  • Options
    tasilatasila Member Posts: 77 Arc User
    BFAW is even so good i use it in my Scimitar...
  • Options
    meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    tasila wrote: »

You and every other Scimitar pilot.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    burstorionburstorion Member Posts: 1,750 Arc User
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    tasila wrote: »

You and every other Scimitar pilot.

Torpedo scimtar here...​​