test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

CRYPTIC - THANKYOU FOR BEAM: FIRE AT WILL!

Comments

• Options
    burstorionburstorion Member Posts: 1,750 Arc User
    kerygan wrote: »
    i dare you to make signatures with how much you love FAW . I have this ability on all characters and ships. Even my cat has MAW (the kitty version of FAW)

This is just for you normal-50.gif

33c678x.jpg​​
  • Options
    seansamurai1seansamurai1 Member Posts: 634 Arc User
    So much like!
  • Options
    e30erneste30ernest Member Posts: 1,794 Arc User
    burstorion wrote: »
    i dare you to make signatures with how much you love FAW . I have this ability on all characters and ships. Even my cat has MAW (the kitty version of FAW)

This is just for you normal-50.gif

33c678x.jpg​​

LOL now that's hilarious!

Your sig though goes all the way to the right of my screen. It needs a resize to make it readable. :smile:
  • Options
    kylethetruekylethetrue Member Posts: 205 Arc User
    Could BFAW help my DPS too?
    "Thou shalt respect the weak and shalt constitute thyself defender of them."
    -3rd Commmandment of Chivalry
    FAWhard_zpsssqnai1l.jpg
  • Options
    I'm going to be the greatest captain ever!
    BAFAW_zps3kgxtirz.png
    FAWhard_zpsssqnai1l.jpg
  • Options
    e30erneste30ernest Member Posts: 1,794 Arc User
    sophlogimo wrote: »
    Okay, anyone able to offer a solution to the perceived problem?

My solution a couple of pages back was to change BFAW to affect only an arc around the main target instead of the current 360 AOE with Beam Arrays right now. It'll still deal the same damage, but now positioning will be even more important. All of the other AOE weapons abilities have arcs, and I think BFAW should too.
  • Options
    theillusivenmantheillusivenman Member Posts: 438 Arc User
    Sarcasm is strong with this thread.
    5980291nyfcc.png
    "Reality is a thing of the past."
    Proud supporter of equality for all human beings.
  • Options
    mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    What problem, we're all very thankful!

---

More seriously:
    No. Simpy lowering the damage buff from BFAW will probably not suffice, because then it will probably violate other requirements the developers have for it that I don't disagree with. AoE, but not less effective against your primary target than not using the skill, regardless of whether enemies are around you or not.
    That said - not making it AoE anymore would work just fine for me, too, but makes it a bit too similar to Beam Overload.

Maybe a way would be to ensure that the primary target is always hit by 4 beams, and only the 5th beam is targeted elsewhere, and deals less damage than the first 4 beams.

Maybe they could come up with a firing arc restriction. Only hit targets in a 90° arc around the primary target. Or hit no targets other than the primary target in a 90° firing arc

Maybe they need to look at the other buffs and abilities that boost BFAW. Remove its abiltity to crit or activate procs against targets other than the primary target. Do not allow special abilities to trigger on any hits other than against the primary target.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • Options
    martakurillmartakurill Member Posts: 456 Arc User
    Or do you remember how people decried that the Tier 5 Excelsior Retrofit was a better and more effective Cruiser than the Tier 5 Sovereign?

I still have nightmares about that...which is why I'm personally so glad that the T6 Excelsior is kinda a dud.

(Now watch it get a massive buff...)
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    BAFAW_zps3kgxtirz.png

91gfex.jpg

I couldn't resist, again^^
    (And yes, I was listening to Andrew W K when I got the idea...)​​
  • Options
    BAFAW_zps3kgxtirz.png

91gfex.jpg

I couldn't resist, again^^​​

Woohoo! new signature!
    FAWhard_zpsssqnai1l.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    BAFAW_zps3kgxtirz.png

91gfex.jpg

I couldn't resist, again^^

Woohoo! new signature!

Go for it :)

And as someone on Doffjobs pointed out AP beams are more usual for faw:

256cizo.jpg

Well, thats dbbs using faw...

oi54lf.jpg

This is FAW!​​
    Post edited by burstorion on
  • Options
    lordsteve1lordsteve1 Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    I think really they need to split it into two distinct abilities, one light damage attack for 360 degree point defense vs fighter and torp spam and one rapid fire attack for multi attack on a single target or in a focussed cone area.
    As it stands it just covers too many bases when it does more single target damage than the single target ability and it also is omnidirectional and rapid firing.
    SulMatuul.png
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    I'll just leave this here.
  • Options
    ancientfighterancientfighter Member Posts: 112 Arc User

Problem isn't faw.
    If you have 2 chars: one with all epic gears mk xiv with good [mod] and using the right ones, sp well builded, traits, ships, reputation, specialization, and everything else the game offers to improve their offensive power your character will make 100k dps (example) using faw.

And now his other character, the exact opposite of the first: bad gears, sp badly builded, totally clean traits, clean reputation, their offensive power faw will probably be 1/4 dps of first or even less.

And yes your own ability to pilot the ship and your team also influence.

However, many would never understand that, then in my opinion the only solution would be the game to prevent the use of any other program together, yes... end for reader combat log, dps meter, parser, anything else! <Maybe> then the game would back to be how it was years ago!

Before someone ask 'why?'
    If have some people asking to nerf faw, which reason would be? Because someone saw the combat log of other and was amazed OR someone exhibited the dps of team after finishing the stf and was humiliated. I am wrong?

Finally... still have that players just want the sea catch fire.
  • Options
    How the hell do you get pictures up?
    The URL link bar doesn't appear to work with URL links.
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    How the hell do you get pictures up?
    The URL link bar doesn't appear to work with URL links.

Do it manually:

IMG in square brackets [ ]
    url here
    /img in square brackets [ ]

All as one line

(Resized my sig, didn't realise I saved it without resizing)

Resized this too for sig use size:

28iqpu0.jpg​​
  • Options
    sennahcheribsennahcherib Member Posts: 2,823 Arc User
    someone should make a poll, I would be curious to see the result :p
  • Options
    thatcursedwolfthatcursedwolf Member Posts: 1,617 Arc User

Problem isn't faw.
    If you have 2 chars: one with all epic gears mk xiv with good [mod] and using the right ones, sp well builded, traits, ships, reputation, specialization, and everything else the game offers to improve their offensive power your character will make 100k dps (example) using faw.

And now his other character, the exact opposite of the first: bad gears, sp badly builded, totally clean traits, clean reputation, their offensive power faw will probably be 1/4 dps of first or even less.

And yes your own ability to pilot the ship and your team also influence.

However, many would never understand that, then in my opinion the only solution would be the game to prevent the use of any other program together, yes... end for reader combat log, dps meter, parser, anything else! <Maybe> then the game would back to be how it was years ago!

Before someone ask 'why?'
    If have some people asking to nerf faw, which reason would be? Because someone saw the combat log of other and was amazed OR someone exhibited the dps of team after finishing the stf and was humiliated. I am wrong?

Finally... still have that players just want the sea catch fire.

Single target? BFAW.
    Multiple targets? BFAW.
    Piloting? Who needs piloting, just park and BFAW.

You don't see a problem with that?
    This is my Risian Corvette. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
  • Options
    kyrrokkyrrok Member Posts: 1,352 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    someone should make a poll, I would be curious to see the result :p

This thread was likely made from a suggestion made in another thread, so I wouldn't be surprised. =)
  • Options
    jorantomalakjorantomalak Member Posts: 7,133 Arc User

Tis the season to use BFaW

faw, faw, faw ,faw , faw
    faw, faw ,faw

use it it once then mash spacebar

faw faw faw faw
    faw faw faw

Now we don our critical hit beams

faw faw faw faw faw faW
    faw faw faw

we dont need those darned torpedos

faw faw faw faw faw
    faw faw faw faw
  • Options
    sonicshowersonicshower Member Posts: 216 Arc User
    This game has a long history of other players accusing their betters of taking the easy way. However that is how these games are enjoyed for a lot of people. You learn and understand the mechanics of the game, and you take and use what works best. Nothing lasts forever and some people find themselves going back to the drawing board all over again.
    sh2sxc7.gif
  • Options
    chastity1337chastity1337 Member Posts: 1,606 Arc User

Is that Meow At Will?
  • Options
    kerygankerygan Member Posts: 254 Arc User
    yes meow at will ... Overpowered.

Burstorion , gj XD , ill make one miself when i get some time.
  • Options
    yes meow at will ... Overpowered.

Burstorion , gj XD , ill make one miself when i get some time.

You can have it as a sig if you want, I doubt I'll use it​​
  • Options
    p4hajujup4hajuju Member Posts: 214 Arc User
    Just nerf everything to zero. Then everything will be balanced and the people who are better than faw users will be happy.
    Galavant!
    "Use Temporal Skills to NERF EVERYTHING before it happened!" -Unknown source.
  • Options
    fovrelfovrel Member Posts: 1,448 Arc User
    They should give some NPC's a decoy abillity. From time to time they launch decoys just to absorb FAW. Let's be fair, monotonous AoE spam makes the game dull.

The other day I was thinking when equiping some of my characters with ground weapons about single target fire and multiple target fire. taking out opponents one by one should be favourable over taking them all out together. Why? An opponent with 1 percent health can still kill you and is as dangerous as a 100%'er. In real combat that would not be the case, but in game combat it works that way. Now if you have five opponents and you take out one, you only take hits from four and from three etc. So it is better to kill them one after the other, but since you can heal so easy and you almost to non have to deal with battle damage, it doesn't matter how you do it. AoE spam has no downside and is easy to do.
  • Options
    harlequinpixieharlequinpixie Member Posts: 172 Arc User
    I would happily use reroute reserves to weapons if it wasn't a toggle, and simply just an activate like all other weapon modifications. I have to admit, I use FAW, but have been trying to find a alternative, which there is not a alternative to pick from.