Comments

• Options
    tousseautousseau Member Posts: 1,484 Arc User
    *Takes a bite out of his snowconian..*

Ooooo! Brain freeze...
  • Options
    pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
    tacofangs wrote: »
    This is the best Winter Event, and Players love it!
    I'm debating the pro's and con's to banning you Taco. Maybe just a temp ban. Just a little one for the feels. :P
  • Options
    comrademococomrademoco Member Posts: 1,694 Bug Hunter
    I'm debating the pro's and con's to banning you Taco. Maybe just a temp ban. Just a little one for the feels. :P

lololol I can't stop laughing...

gawd I love you both... XD
    6tviTDx.png

• Options
    primar13primar13 Member Posts: 1,896 Bug Hunter
    edited December 2015

DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET!!!!!

[Edit] I meant ban him... Not me. :P
  • Options
    jodarkriderjodarkrider Member Posts: 2,097 Arc User

Never awaken the evil Trendy. Never. :p
    [10:20] Your Lunge deals 4798 (2580) Physical Damage(Critical) to Tosk of Borg.

Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator
    "bIghojchugh DaneH, Dumev pagh. bIghojqangbe'chugh, DuQaHlaH pagh."
    "Learn lots. Don't judge. Laugh for no reason. Be nice. Seek happiness." ~Day[9] 
    "Your fun isn't wrong." ~LaughingTrendy

Find me on Twitterverse - @jodarkrider

• Options
    daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    What do ya get when ya cross a PWLaughingTrendy with a Snowblower and Mexican Food?

A Frozen Taco Salad.

B)
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • Options
    cuchulainn74cuchulainn74 Member Posts: 831 Arc User
    Uh Uh. Nope. I'm not touching that one.
    tumblr_inline_mk56p8Hf871rrf7g9_zps63af711f.gif

Fleet Admiral CuChulainn - U.S.S. Aegis KT Intel Dreadnought Cruiser
    vGdvFsX.jpg

• Options
    keletteskelettes Member Posts: 488 Arc User

O.O

*raises hands, takes a step back*

Uuuh... helm, plot a course around that and engage... fly casually, nothing happened... warp nine! XXD
    "Ad astra audacter eamus in alis fidelium."
    -
    "To boldly go to the stars on the wings of the faithful."
  • Options
    ddesjardinsddesjardins Member Posts: 3,056 Media Corps

I am utterly appalled at this sort of behavior! I know for a fact that the devs take this sort of thing personally and they... wait...oh... you ARE a dev..

In all honesty the Winter Event is something we always looked forward to. The primary contest to earn the 'big new shiney with polaron lance' is easy to do - much easier than the flying contest on Risa. The ship is an ACCOUNT WIDE unlock for something you have 6 weeks to complete, with 1 tiny race per alt as the requirement. I offer my tears bucket for anyone who thinks that's too difficult.

The gear rewards - purchasable with reward currency earned and resold I might add - range from must haves (frosted boots) to OMG coolness (Breen Warp and Singularity Cores), to the 'funky stuff called Medina' recipes that you can pig out on for extra bonus to abilities.

Oh and did I mention snowball fights?

Yes - last year was a disappointment ONLY in that we were dealing with massive lag and bugs. And since many of us had ridonkulous stores of Q's 8x10's, we quickly got the VERY COOL AND BETTER-THAN-JUPITER T6 Breen Sarr Theln Carrier. *ahem* Yeah, I went there. But I'm glad you're changing the currency.

I'm looking forward to spending many hours enjoying the Winter Wonderland, getting another cool new ship on every single alt, getting frosted boots for the alts missing them, and finally - getting sick of 'wouldn't you like an epohh friend' in the same lovable way that Christmas Carols and ugly sweaters do to me in the real world.
  • Options
    reximuzreximuz Member Posts: 1,168 Arc User
    sov42 wrote: »
    leemwatson wrote: »
    So much NOPE. Not doing your grindy TRIBBLE.

a 2 minute race a day x 25 is soooooooo not a grind Grinchypoo!

If they offered something other than that stupid race to do, I'd be more inclined. So many players have voiced the same sentiment before, that they hate the race and the devs fail to listen, time and time again (what a surprise...). So, no thanks. Don't care what ship they offer up, not doin it.

Not listening to a handful of players isn't equal to not listening to the community. No matter what they do someone will hate it.

The solo race is amazingly easy to win, it's certainly no harder than the Floater courses for the Summer event. Sprint on the Straight aways, jump when you get to a corner to stop moving, turn in the new direction and rinse/repeat.

• Options
    breadandcircusesbreadandcircuses Member Posts: 2,355 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    Ym9x9Ji.png
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    I do not like Geko ether.
    iconians wrote: »
    With each passing day I wonder if I stepped into an alternate reality. The Cubs win the world series. Donald Trump is President. Britain leaves the EU. STO gets a dedicated PvP season. Engineers are "out of control" in STO.​​
  • Options
    trillbuffettrillbuffet Member Posts: 861 Arc User
    LOL this is the highlight for me for STO each year since it started ever since I was upset with the gw1 thing not being what it once was without players there. Maybe I can dress up as santa and hand out sacks of presents with battle cloaks for the federation. Its all good if you don't celebrate it either thats why we all can kill borg sto play sto with a friend from vietnam.
  • Options
    rllaillieurllaillieu Member Posts: 351 Arc User

If they offered something other than that stupid race to do, I'd be more inclined. So many players have voiced the same sentiment before, that they hate the race and the devs fail to listen, time and time again (what a surprise...). So, no thanks. Don't care what ship they offer up, not doin it.

Dude, I've been here for over a year and the only thing I've heard about the Winter Wonderland is, and I quote, "OH HELL YES TIME TO DOMINATE SOME SNOWMEN". If you have that big of a problem with it, don't freaking play. If you want to TRIBBLE and moan, do it somewhere else and out of the forums, because no one has the time for whiny little babies who have little basis for their endless complaints.
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    I know there are special DOFF missions on the winter wonderland, also available in the Starfleet and KDF academies. I was wondering if there are special winter Admiralty missions as well? Speaking of which, will there be a special winter admiralty ship card (permanent) we could get as well?
    Well, the event ship comes with a card. It's a nice card too. :D
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    rllaillieu wrote: »

Dude, I've been here for over a year and the only thing I've heard about the Winter Wonderland is, and I quote, "OH HELL YES TIME TO DOMINATE SOME SNOWMEN". If you have that big of a problem with it, don't freaking play. If you want to TRIBBLE and moan, do it somewhere else and out of the forums, because no one has the time for whiny little babies who have little basis for their endless complaints.

"Dude", don't like it, don't read it.
  • Options
    rllaillieurllaillieu Member Posts: 351 Arc User

Same could be said for you, pal. Didn't your momma ever teach you, "if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all."?
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    My armory of snow weapons is waiting. The Snowmen will have a very cold Christmas.

Oh and Tides of Ice is the best open mission ever and this player loves it! :)
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    tempus64tempus64 Member Posts: 806 Arc User
    Been looking forward to this ever since the summer event as I really enjoyed that. So many goodies I want to buy I'm going to have to build my own igloo in the wonderland so I can sleep there.
  • Options
    yaisuke15yaisuke15 Member Posts: 421 Arc User
    I'd complain about the fact I was dissatisfied two years ago with the winter event, took a year long hiatus, and that I should have traded those commodities for the GPL (shiny!) but I can't. I can't because you guys are awesome. On that same tangent, I am however mad.

I feel like someone is trying to distract me from what I reall want. A Sovereign T6-

*proceeds to get tossed out by security*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Look at me I'm a target!"
    "Fire the Lance on my mark... MARK!
    "How many times have we gone into the breach again R'shee?"
    My proposal for a Galaxy bundle
  • Options
    vengefuldjinnvengefuldjinn Member Posts: 1,520 Arc User
    thorodal wrote: »
    e175bffb30c156c15821a82e3864c65b1448862420.png

I bet her name is "MEL'Tara" :p

Very Aqua Teen Hunger Force ! :p

tumblr_o2aau3b7nh1rkvl19o1_400.gif

• Options
    lilchibiclarililchibiclari Member Posts: 1,193 Arc User
    thorodal wrote: »
    e175bffb30c156c15821a82e3864c65b1448862420.png

I bet her name is "MEL'Tara" :p

Or L'mon or T'ti'Fruity flavour . . .
  • Options
    anodynesanodynes Member Posts: 1,999 Arc User
    edited December 2015

They probably listen more to the thousands (?) that do the thing and either really like it or don't think it's so much of a chore. To wit, nobody among the hundred or so people in my Fleet's chat channel has ever voiced even a bit of displeasure over the race itself, only a few about line-cutters and getting disqualified that way.

I had major problems learning to do it my first year, it took me hours to get it right, and during that time, I started to feel that I might just not be able to get the ship. I stuck with it, first learning to roll through the corners, then getting better at timing my mouse swings so that I didn't have to roll or hop, and could just sprint through the whole thing. Now I find it quite fun, and I try to go as soon as I can after another player to see if I can not only beat the NPC that I was racing, but overtake theirs as well.
    My armory of snow weapons is waiting. The Snowmen will have a very cold Christmas.

Oh and Tides of Ice is the best open mission ever and this player loves it! :)

Also anticipating the fights here. I live in a place with very cold, and often quite snowy, Winters, so there's something extra-satisfying about destroying snowmen with snow guns.
    This is an MMO, not a Star Trek episode simulator. That would make for a terrible game.
  • Options
    gulberatgulberat Member Posts: 5,505 Arc User

TWO DEVS ENTER!
    ONE DEV LEAVES!
    TWO DEVS ENTER!
    ONE DEV LEAVES!

Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM for more. :-)
    Proudly F2P.  Signature image by gulberat. Avatar image by balsavor.deviantart.com.
  • Options
    questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,333 Arc User
    <Wonders about the stats of the winter give away>​​
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    xoelloexoelloe Member Posts: 68 Arc User
    reyan01 wrote: »
    Am I the only one who doesn't really care about this event? I mean, fair play to those who enjoy it - but I'm really not bothered about this personally.

Hmm, no, I think there are about 10-15 more, + our resident Grinch, of course. It is not like the game itself is suspended, you can just ignore Q in his chair and do your normal thing.

• Options
    xoelloexoelloe Member Posts: 68 Arc User
    xoelloe wrote: »
    Am I the only one who doesn't really care about this event? I mean, fair play to those who enjoy it - but I'm really not bothered about this personally.

Hmm, no, I think there are about 10-15 more, + our resident Grinch, of course. It is not like the game itself is suspended, you can just ignore Q in his chair and do your normal thing.

I know, and again, I'm not saying 'I don't like this event so no-one else should'. I know plenty of people enjoy the event and fair to play to them; I will probably visit it a few times too - simply saying that it isn't really something I am particularly looking forward to.

Truth to say, I ignored it myself in my first year, but last year I took to it, and I found it fun, not to speak of the ship(s). I am looking forward this year. Besides normal play, it is fun for me, at least.

• Options
    luddimusluddimus Member Posts: 133 Arc User
    Please have a snow melee weapon: a sword of light and heat - cuts through snorgs like a hot knife through um, snow
  • Options
    luddimusluddimus Member Posts: 133 Arc User
    daveyny wrote: »
    What do ya get when ya cross a PWLaughingTrendy with a Snowblower and Mexican Food?

A Frozen Taco Salad.

B)

what do you get if you add a bell?
    A frozen taco salad and diarrhoea.