Comments

• Options
    guljarolguljarol Member Posts: 980 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    So that theory goes flushed down the loo LOL

Seems like it's a bug after all.​​
  • Options
    echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    It must be. I just did both races and I got first in the first one. Third in the second one. But I don't race to win, I race to stay on the track and get to the end as fast as I can lol.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • Options
    echatty wrote: »
    It must be. I just did both races and I got first in the first one. Third in the second one. But I don't race to win, I race to stay on the track and get to the end as fast as I can lol.

Don't we all? onion-24.gif​​
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    ^Well, yes, that's true. LOL. I'm just saying I'm happy to get two tags as a consolation if I'm dead last. Invariably, since I've been running I'm not dead last as much, but I'm still in the consolation group more often than not. And no, it doesn't bother me that I don't get more than two tags per race. I rejoice when I'm lucky enough to get first, second or third, but I'm sensible enough to know that won't happen very often. And I'm okay with that. I just try to stay in between the lights ;)
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • Options
    I always assume I'm going to get two tags as long as I don't slide off the track. If I make the first 3, it's a nice surprise, but I'm prepared to need to run 3 times to get enough tags for the assignment.

So yeah, I get what you mean :)​​
  • Options
    thelunarboythelunarboy Member Posts: 412 Arc User
    One problem I'm having with the race is that there's a notification at the top saying the race is due in x minutes... but when it gets to the final minute it switches to snowball fight... meaning I've been standing around like a total plum for no reason.
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    I've never had that happen, are you sure it's not counting down the final minutes of the second race? Have you tried hovering your mouse over the notification to see if the snowball fight is next? Does the notification say X minutes remaining or begins in X minutes?

If it's the former, then the race is likely over. If it's the latter, then it's about to start.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
  • Options
    I've never had that happen, are you sure it's not counting down the final minutes of the second race? Have you tried hovering your mouse over the notification to see if the snowball fight is next? Does the notification say X minutes remaining or begins in X minutes?

If it's the former, then the race is likely over. If it's the latter, then it's about to start.

You can usually tell when it is going to happen because nobody else is up there and I only hang around in case "it's my lucky day" lol.

I do get to run races at other times, and more often the issue arises upon spawning.
  • Options
    I guess I'm one of the lucky ones who hasn't had a problem joining either race. I've run them back to back since I started running them, though I usually only get the consolation two tags. Which is fine with me. I'm only doing it for fun.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
  • Options
    tinyfistedtinyfisted Member Posts: 193 Arc User
    I guess I'm one of the lucky ones who hasn't had a problem joining either race. I've run them back to back since I started running them, though I usually only get the consolation two tags. Which is fine with me. I'm only doing it for fun.

It only seems to affect KDF or KDF/rommie characters. Feds don't seem to be affected (at least my fed chars never experience this.)
    86B6EC45459D17DB8AE6CD5F51C13A90CDC00A85
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    tinyfisted wrote: »

It only seems to affect KDF or KDF/rommie characters. Feds don't seem to be affected (at least my fed chars never experience this.)

Then I'm still a lucky one, since my Rom has also run the races back to back since this WW started. I'm no techie, so not sure why others are affected like that. I haven't had a problem with any character I'm running through this year. My Fed alien, Fed Rom, Fed Caitian, Fed Human and another Fed alien. All are able to run race back to back. Whether they grab the first, second or third place flags in the first one or only the consolation flag (usually this is what I get)

Then again I don't have a KDF or KDF-aligned char running yet. I may put one of them in and see if they're affected. I have a Kling and a Ferasan.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
  • Options
    My Ferasan couldn't run it back to back yesterday. I'm not sure if the others were my Rom-KDFs, I just don't remember.​​
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    My Gorn has not had an issue.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    Neither of my KDF-Roms had a problem today after the patch.​​
  • Options
    I noticed something today that may be important. I had my inventory open when I hit the join button. Apparently hitting the join button ads an item to your inventory for a fraction of a second. Maybe if that process fails due to inv full you don't really join the race?
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • Options
    lindalefflindaleff Member Posts: 3,734 Arc User
    So, I was running the PvP race. And when I jumped off that drop, there was a horrid excuse for a troll. He was standing directly in the middle of the straightway, with a disco ball. And he was throwing snowballs in everyone's general direction.

1: Of the entire track, that is the single worst spot for trolling.

2: If you throw snowballs, at least use the lock-on. Those snowballs did not even come close to hitting me, not a single one.

3: Discoballs do NOT affect moving targets. For that matter, they have no impact on stationary targets either, thanks to the bah humbug device.

Bad trolling attempt. 0/10. Please do better.
    I completed a 2-man CSE, ISE, and KASE, Optionals included. And I soloed Winter Invasion.
    My Ship Builds: USS Conqueror, HMS Victorious, HMS Concord, ISS Queen Elizabeth, Black Widow III
    Click here to view my DeviantArt.
  • Options
    iamynaughtiamynaught Member Posts: 1,285 Arc User
    So I log in after the patch and my alt in the WW loads just fine. Yay!

Run the race, pick up my DOff missions and go to beam out. Turns out the beam out button is greyed out and I can't leave unless I talk to Q and tell him to send me home. *headdesk*

Fix one thing, break another.
    Hello. My name is iamynaught and I am an altaholic.

Losing faith in humanity, one person at a time.
  • Options
    lindalefflindaleff Member Posts: 3,734 Arc User
    People are still grabbing the 1st place flag without even running the race........
    I completed a 2-man CSE, ISE, and KASE, Optionals included. And I soloed Winter Invasion.
    My Ship Builds: USS Conqueror, HMS Victorious, HMS Concord, ISS Queen Elizabeth, Black Widow III
    Click here to view my DeviantArt.
  • Options
    mayito2009mayito2009 Member Posts: 643 Arc User
    I finished 2nd and got the price for those who end last.
    Seek and ye shall find. Ask and ye shall receive. Rabboni
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety" (Benjamin Franklin).

Most unexpectedly, this turned into a flame-fest! Closed it goes!. /sigh What flamefestery is this? pwlaughingtrendy
  • Options
    lindaleff wrote: »
    Bad trolling attempt. 0/10. Please do better.
    lindaleff wrote: »
    People are still grabbing the 1st place flag without even running the race........

Perhaps it was that same troll... and he did better. ;):p
  • Options
    theraven2378theraven2378 Member Posts: 5,991 Arc User
    latest?cb=20150307215545

The white walkers are coming.

Sorry could not resist :)
    NMXb2ph.png
      "The meaning of victory is not to merely defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to completely eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can ever recover. That is the meaning of victory."
      -Lord Commander Solar Macharius
    • Options
      dakotadahotnessdakotadahotness Member Posts: 170 Arc User
      Are the vouchers from this year going to be used in 2016?
      I searched for this info but as with most things since the forum change I can't find anything.
    • Options
      crm14916crm14916 Member Posts: 1,519 Arc User
      No... They will use new vouchers each year to keep folks playing the way they want it played... New year, new vouchers, new ship... Hopefully more that they've run out of Breen ships, they'll add something more attractive... At least more symmetric...

lol...
      CM
      "Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure science." - Edwin Hubble
    • Options
      dakotadahotnessdakotadahotness Member Posts: 170 Arc User
      crm14916 wrote: »
      No... They will use new vouchers each year to keep folks playing the way they want it played... New year, new vouchers, new ship... Hopefully more that they've run out of Breen ships, they'll add something more attractive... At least more symmetric...

lol...
      CM

Thanks for the info, and agreed on the ships, The only one I have ever liked of the event ships is the little Ferengi Nandi
    • Options
      edited December 2015

lol...
      CM
      BLASPHEMER! :p Breen is beautiful!

Actually I have no idea what's next either, but we'll see I suppose.
      -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
      My character Tsin'xing
    • Options
      robeasomrobeasom Member Posts: 1,911 Arc User

lol...
      CM

I quite like the breen ships especially on my kdf toon

NO TO ARC
      Vice Admiral Volmack ISS Thundermole
      Brigadier General Jokag IKS Gorkan
      Centurion Kares RRW Tomalak
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    • Options
      crm14916crm14916 Member Posts: 1,519 Arc User
      ;)

I might be a blasphemer, but beauty is definitely in the eyes of the beholder.

It will be interesting to see what they come up with from here on out for each of the event ships... They will either do reruns of old ships or have to do original designs...

:)
      CM
      "Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure science." - Edwin Hubble
    • Options
      crowley875crowley875 Member Posts: 187 Arc User
      Is it just me or is the wonderland lacking people playing the event? Could be just the illusion though because the instances are capped at 30. These days when I'm around for the snowballfight, cones of conduct, or tides of ice.. there are just around 5 people actually doing those.

Snowball fight is doable because we have 15 mins to take down 150 snowmen and then the big bugger at the lake, goes slow but managable. Cones of conduct is about 50-50. With about 5 people most of the times we're just barely able to kill him before he freezes all buildings, and sometimes we can't even get his health below 50%. The snowconian does most of the damage in this thing, but we just don't have enough people to bring/keep his health up. Tides of ice is just a complete mindboggle. With 5 people the snowmen will just break down all ice walls on all lanes within the first minute. Everyone will fallback to the start, some lanes of snowmen aren't moving at all and will stay at their spawn points, resulting in too many snowmen at a spawnpoint and they'll just teleport/spawn to/at the exit adding to the escape counter.

I remember last year when the instances were capped off at 75, and back then we were able to stand our ground against the snowmen. But with the cap now at 30 and 20+ people just standing afk in the center at all times, it's become harder to succesfully complete the events. When I'm lucky and I switch instances, then sometimes I might find 6-8 people fighting the snowmen which makes it slightly more managable.
    • Options
      ^Actually, I've noticed this as well. Lots of people in the instance, only they're crowded in the gazebo around mini-Q or the epohh lady or the GPL exchanger.

Very few go into the village or Tide of Ice.

Speaking of, has anyone been at the PvP race start during Tide of Ice and started to see the snorgs appearing outside? I did, at least twice.
      Now a LTS and loving it.
    • Options
      keletteskelettes Member Posts: 488 Arc User
      edited December 2015
      Very few go into the village or Tide of Ice.

About Tides of Ice -- it may have something to do with this weird misconception that players are supposed to get a laaarge bundle of winter commodities when they beat wave 10.

I could be wrong though.
      "Ad astra audacter eamus in alis fidelium."
      -
      "To boldly go to the stars on the wings of the faithful."