What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Winter is Coming!

Comments

• Options
    odoetalodoetal Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    64797.jpg

i wonder... a sci feel dread with intel seating would be epic!

ferengi-early-views.jpg

or even ferengi ship with Pilot Maneuvers as a feature would be VERY nice....
    (as well as possible account unlocks for event gear just like last years ship bonus made account wide) ohh man its beginning to feel like a nice one this year!
  • Options
    lamyrslamyrs Member Posts: 312 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    Looks cool but :
    Remember, too, that while you’re on the Winter Wonderland, you’ll need to win the race event, “The Fastest Game on Ice,” in order to earn Winter Prize Vouchers. Turn in those charming items to earn a great new tier 6 starship!
    Mean that if you loose you have to retry until you win to get these winter prize vouchers? I am really bad at races :neutral:
    I am from Belgium and english isn't my main language, sorry if I make mistakes.
  • Options
    crypticrockcrypticrock Member Posts: 120 Cryptic Developer
    c39497100038cf723ad96b22845dd6cd1448905085.png

THE FACE OF PURE TERROR

Yay a new background for my desktop!

• Options
    gulberatgulberat Member Posts: 5,505 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    lamyrs wrote: »
    Looks cool but :
    Remember, too, that while you’re on the Winter Wonderland, you’ll need to win the race event, “The Fastest Game on Ice,” in order to earn Winter Prize Vouchers. Turn in those charming items to earn a great new tier 6 starship!
    Mean that if you loose you have to retry until you win to get these winter prize vouchers? I am really bad at races :neutral:

I feel your pain and that is why I don't own a single winter or summer event ship. I always have to bank on the Anniversary ship being something I want. I'll play Guitar Hero or even Q-In-The-Box every day for two weeks if I have to, to get my hands on that one. I'll take that over the racing games any day.

Heck, I played Guitar Hero to the point of RSI last year (every day for the whole event) because I am so good at that one and racked up tons of upgrades. (As in scores over 1000 with no mouse.)

Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM for more. :-)
    Proudly F2P.  Signature image by gulberat. Avatar image by balsavor.deviantart.com.
  • Options
    jasonyeefongjasonyeefong Member Posts: 105 Arc User

THE FACE OF PURE TERROR

Trendy Confirmed STO Meme machine 2015

Seriously tho, thanks for the good laugh :)
  • Options
    duneczan3duneczan3 Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    ...The only opponent you have in the race is an NPC. It is very difficult to lose to an NPC. Unless people are (still) thinking the ship is tied to the PVP race and not the PVE one.

And also, once again, as people have whined at me when I said it and refused to listen when I explained: PVP stands for Player-Versus-Player. It doesn't mean defeating the enemy in Glorious Combat! It means participating against another player or more. Which is what Fast and the Flurrious does.
  • Options
    odoetalodoetal Member Posts: 38 Arc User

THE FACE OF PURE TERROR

Trendy Confirmed STO Meme machine 2015

Seriously tho, thanks for the good laugh :)

tGjCQ.jpg
    indeed trendy has gorn & done it now !!

be ready for MEME WARS!!
  • Options
    daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • Options
    keletteskelettes Member Posts: 488 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    *Tears open the wardrobe, swaps the everyday uniform jacket for the good old black winter coat, equips a pair of Hail pistols, then volunteers for a spot on The Wall*

"And so our watch begins." ^^
    Post edited by kelettes on
    "Ad astra audacter eamus in alis fidelium."
    -
    "To boldly go to the stars on the wings of the faithful."
  • Options
    centaurianalphacentaurianalpha Member Posts: 1,150 Arc User
    This is definitely the most fun event I ever played online! :p
    Expendables Fleet: Andrew - Bajoran Fed Engineer Ken'taura - Rom/Fed Scientist Gwyllim - Human Fed Delta Tac
    Savik - Vulcan Fed Temporal Sci
    Dahar Masters Fleet: Alphal'Fa - Alien KDF Engineer Qun'pau - Rom/KDF Engineer D'nesh - Orion KDF Scientist Ghen'khan - Liberated KDF Tac
    Welcome to StarBug Online - to boldly Bug where no bug has been before!
    STO player since November 2013
  • Options
    djxprimedjxprime Member Posts: 522 Arc User
    Somehow Q needs to use this theme... :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h5I3lZPs40Y
    Kkerp5u.jpg?1

"No matter where you go...there you are."
  • Options
    cuchulainn74cuchulainn74 Member Posts: 831 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    Now you went and did it! Fine, have some Christmas!

(may contain content disturbing to children. may contain content hilarious to others)
    Post edited by cuchulainn74 on
    Fleet Admiral CuChulainn - U.S.S. Aegis KT Intel Dreadnought Cruiser
    vGdvFsX.jpg

• Options
    commodoreobviouscommodoreobvious Member Posts: 114 Arc User
    Remember, with the changes to event reputation you will only need to run the race once per day on the same toon, and the ship will be unlocked for all your toons once the project is complete.
  • Options
    captaind3captaind3 Member Posts: 2,449 Arc User
    gulberat wrote: »
    Aww man, the ship is still tied to the race. :( New events and still not one other event offered as a second means to the prize.

I'll still check it out if new costumes or other smaller prizes are offered that interest me though. I have a Reman that could use some better kit modules than what she has. (Please say the endothermic induction field will be back...)

Yeah I need the EI Field too. Can't believe I missed it last year, I only have one sci and still forgot it.
    kelettes wrote: »
    *Tears open the wardrobe, swaps the everyday uniform jacket for the good old black winter coat, equips a pair of Hail pistols, then volunteers for a spot on The Wall*

"And so our watch begins." ^^

Pulls his Flurry from his back.

img_3941-006.png
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo9_r1_400.gif
    "Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many — they are few"
  • Options
    wbaker256#3172 wbaker256 Member Posts: 290 Arc User
    Glad to see the Winter Event rolling around :smiley: Looking forward to the new rewards and especially the new ship!

Just hoping the Rezreth Dreadnought (Pretty sure it's the Rezreth we're gonna get: It's the only Breen ship we haven't gotten yet. If it isn't, consider me genuinely surprised :smile: ) doesn't get a massive, less-than-impressive makeover like the Sarr Theln did.
    @MGoblin256

"[GARBLED ELECTRONIC NOISES]"
    - Thot Gar - Commanding Officer of the Braaktak Kaan
  • Options
    tacofangstacofangs Member Posts: 2,951 Cryptic Developer
    This is the best Winter Event, and Players love it!
    Only YOU can prevent forum fires!
    19843299196_235e44bcf6_o.jpg
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    leemwatson wrote: »
    sov42 wrote: »
    So much NOPE. Not doing your grindy TRIBBLE.

a 2 minute race a day x 25 is soooooooo not a grind Grinchypoo!

If they offered something other than that stupid race to do, I'd be more inclined. So many players have voiced the same sentiment before, that they hate the race and the devs fail to listen, time and time again (what a surprise...). So, no thanks. Don't care what ship they offer up, not doin it.
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on
  • Options
    hyperionx09hyperionx09 Member Posts: 1,709 Arc User
    Can we still buy whatever replacement for Qmmendations will be with Lobi?
  • Options
    tinyfistedtinyfisted Member Posts: 193 Arc User
    Yay! Hold on to your tuques! (And your heads!) Winter is coming!
    86B6EC45459D17DB8AE6CD5F51C13A90CDC00A85
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    Looks cool but :

I feel your pain and that is why I don't own a single winter or summer event ship. I always have to bank on the Anniversary ship being something I want. I'll play Guitar Hero or even Q-In-The-Box every day for two weeks if I have to, to get my hands on that one. I'll take that over the racing games any day.

Heck, I played Guitar Hero to the point of RSI last year (every day for the whole event) because I am so good at that one and racked up tons of upgrades. (As in scores over 1000 with no mouse.)
    There's several tricks that make it easier. #1 is to commit the course to memory so that you know where the actual boundaries are. This makes it easier to cut corners. Also, you don't need to run to beat the AI. sometimes you can get an early lead, then all you have to do is stay ahead of the AI. 2: run the straights, hop to stop sliding when in corners. Drifting is killer here, but takes great skill to master. I pretty much LIVE in frosted boots, so....

THE FACE OF PURE TERROR
    Is now concealed behind a mask to protect your sanity. :D
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    cokebearcokebear Member Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited November 2015

If they offered something other than that stupid race to do, I'd be more inclined. So many players have voice the same sentiment before, that they hate the race and the devs fail to listen, time and time again (what a surprise...). So, no thanks. Don't care what ship they offer up, not doin it.

Good lord, echo chamber much?

The race is a simple one against an NPC in the winter, and a few minutes of flight on a couple of courses in the summer event. Grand total, it takes an hour, less than two IN TOTAL to get your ship.

The people complaining about it are a clear minority, as my biggest protest is that there are individuals who rush up and try to beat you to the race even if you've been patiently waiting your turn.

Once again, someone needs to reiterate that just because you squawk the loudest, it doesn't mean you are a majority.

You're just noisy.

• Options
    lordsteve1lordsteve1 Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    Oh hell yeah!

This event just gets better each year. I'm pretty much spending the whole of December in game parked in the Winter Wonderland.

SulMatuul.png
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    cokebear wrote: »

If they offered something other than that stupid race to do, I'd be more inclined. So many players have voice the same sentiment before, that they hate the race and the devs fail to listen, time and time again (what a surprise...). So, no thanks. Don't care what ship they offer up, not doin it.

Good lord, echo chamber much?

The race is a simple one against an NPC in the winter, and a few minutes of flight on a couple of courses in the summer event. Grand total, it takes an hour, less than two IN TOTAL to get your ship.

The people complaining about it are a clear minority, as my biggest protest is that there are individuals who rush up and try to beat you to the race even if you've been patiently waiting your turn.

Once again, someone needs to reiterate that just because you squawk the loudest, it doesn't mean you are a majority.

You're just noisy.

I never said "majority". I said "many". Not the same thing, now, are they?
    tacofangs wrote: »
    This is the best Winter Event, and Players love it!

Just like Delta Rising, huh? /sarcasm

I don't even want to enter Q's wonderland, let alone play the mini-games there.
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on
  • Options
    jaturnleyjaturnley Member Posts: 1,218 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    Looks cool but :

The Winter race is super easy - just aim straight through the small turns (crossing the snow banks slightly) and when you get to a turn jump to stop without sliding, then re-orient and run. The opponent is slow so you can take your time.

I'll make a video on the 3rd to show the easiest path.
  • Options
    gradiigradii Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    edited November 2015

CAN you retry until you win or do you miss out on your chance for the day if you fail?

"He shall be my finest warrior, this generic man who was forced upon me.
    Like a badass I shall make him look, and in the furnace of war I shall forge him.
    he shall be of iron will and steely sinew.
    In great armour I shall clad him and with the mightiest weapons he shall be armed.
    He will be untouched by plague or disease; no sickness shall blight him.
    He shall have such tactics, strategies and machines that no foe will best him in battle.
    He is my answer to cryptic logic, he is the Defender of my Romulan Crew.
    He is Tovan Khev... and he shall know no fear."
  • Options
    jaturnleyjaturnley Member Posts: 1,218 Arc User
    gradii wrote: »

CAN you retry until you win or do you miss out on your chance for the day if you fail?

You can retry as often as you want.
  • Options
    farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
    I see it is a little earlier than I expected. I thought it would be another week. Cool, I'm glad to see this event. This is usually my favorite and I try for the ship. My KDF already is getting a nice Breen collection going. Now we can see if the new ship is the Breen Dreadnought.

I usually do the Fastest game on Ice for the ship. And a few other events for the store items. Hope they have some new stuff. I still wear the scarves as part of my uniform on 2 of my characters.
    Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.
  • Options
    yakodymyakodym Member Posts: 362 Arc User
    *death by a horrible winter-pun*
  • Options
    zebulongileszebulongiles Member Posts: 335 Arc User
    I know there are special DOFF missions on the winter wonderland, also available in the Starfleet and KDF academies. I was wondering if there are special winter Admiralty missions as well? Speaking of which, will there be a special winter admiralty ship card (permanent) we could get as well?
  • Options
    angarus1angarus1 Member Posts: 684 Arc User
    Still a little burned out from the Mirror event so I'll jump in a bit later, but yay it's back.