test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Pop Culture Hero Coalition

Comments

• Options
    thegreenmolloythegreenmolloy Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    So I bought a few things, got my keys, entered them in....ARC recognizes that I entered them and shows them as redeemed but I can't find them in game in the C-store anywhere...any suggestions??
  • Options
    lan451lan451 Member Posts: 3,386 Arc User
    So I bought a few things, got my keys, entered them in....ARC recognizes that I entered them and shows them as redeemed but I can't find them in game in the C-store anywhere...any suggestions??

Everything should be under the Promotions tab in the C-store if it all went through properly.
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
  • Options
    thelordofshadesthelordofshades Member Posts: 258 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    *Sigh*
    Yeah, some comments here and in General Discussion are reaching the new low for the STO community. When you think the bottom is hit, someone knocks from below.
    What a shame, really.
    Post edited by thelordofshades on
  • Options
    rezkingrezking Member Posts: 1,109 Arc User
    I would support a similar promo again, definitely from the PCHC.
    NO to ARC
    RIP KDF and PvP 2014-07-17 Season 9.5 - Death by Dev
  • Options
    hunteraphunterap Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    I just wanted to point out the irony. Exclusivity is a form of bullying. Why in the world would you put a restriction like this on a charity fundraiser? You took something that had the best of intentions, and you tarnished it. Grow up Cryptic.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    *Sigh*
    Yeah, some comments here and in General Discussion are reaching the new low for the STO community. When you think the bottom is hit, someone knocks from below.
    What a shame, really.

Yup
    hunterap wrote: »
    I just wanted to point out the irony. Exclusivity is a form of bullying. Why in the world would you put a restriction like this on a charity fundraiser? You took something that had the best of intentions, and you tarnished it. Grow up Cryptic.

Case in point...
  • Options
    gulberatgulberat Member Posts: 5,505 Arc User
    edited November 2015

I've been through a lot of bullying myself--but I can tell you that exclusivity in and of itself is not bullying; it's just economics that was intended to drive demand. Having the ship, showing it in public, is not some sort of offense. I don't find it healthy to resent others simply for having things I don't, and on the occasions when I use rare or hard-to-get items, I'm not doing it to poke others in the eye.

If, however, someone with one of those ships decides (for example) to be a jerk in an STF because you don't have the "right" ship, or berating that you're "not pulling your weight" when you are in fact contributing just because you don't have the cookie-cutter build of the week...THAT is bullying.

People can have nice toys. It's only when they don't play nicely WITH them, that there's a problem, and if you end up with that kind of problem, it can be reported. But I wouldn't report someone just for flying a ship I didn't like...why? Because it doesn't merit it.

Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM for more. :-)
    Proudly F2P.  Signature image by gulberat. Avatar image by balsavor.deviantart.com.
  • Options
    sov42 wrote: »
    *Sigh*
    What a shame, really.

Yup

Case in point...

Do you see sites like, "the Humble Bundle," limiting things to the first 1000 people? The point of these, "fundraisers," is to raise funds for those in need. You create an incentive to do so, and people contribute. By limiting this, not only are you causing exclusivity within your own community (which goes against the anti-bullying cause in the first place) but you're also artificially capping the amount of money that could potentially be raised. Again, WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT? This was a bad decision. There are a bunch of people in this community who feel cheated by this. Is that the kind of feeling that you want to get from a charitable event?

I'm not playing STO very much at this point. But when I saw this, I couldn't believe that Cryptic would do this. This was a TRIBBLE move. If you're going to do something like this, then don't put a hard cap on it. Do it the same way that EVERY OTHER CHARITABLE ORGANIZATION DOES IT. The irony is that they're supporting THIS cause, and they're doing it THIS way.
  • Options
    *Sigh*
    What a shame, really.

Yup

Case in point...

Do you see sites like, "the Humble Bundle," limiting things to the first 1000 people? The point of these, "fundraisers," is to raise funds for those in need. You create an incentive to do so, and people contribute. By limiting this, not only are you causing exclusivity within your own community (which goes against the anti-bullying cause in the first place) but you're also artificially capping the amount of money that could potentially be raised. Again, WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT? This was a bad decision. There are a bunch of people in this community who feel cheated by this. Is that the kind of feeling that you want to get from a charitable event?

I'm not playing STO very much at this point. But when I saw this, I couldn't believe that Cryptic would do this. This was a TRIBBLE move. If you're going to do something like this, then don't put a hard cap on it. Do it the same way that EVERY OTHER CHARITABLE ORGANIZATION DOES IT. The irony is that they're supporting THIS cause, and they're doing it THIS way.

As gulberat pointed out, it's basic economics. Your argument is illogical. Every other charity that I know of that does events like this, it has always been "while supplies last", not a never ending supply. This is no different. Getting angry at them and everyone else just because you didn't get one is a childish waste of energy.
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    Also I would like to point out that the codes are each different. So yes, there is a limited number of codes.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    matrix0matrix0 Member Posts: 261 Arc User
    FYI... All the whiners... READ THE DAM ORIGINAL POST!! The charity event wasnt run by cryptic. It was organized by Groupes. Cryptics only donated the items. For those who been crawling under the rocks... learn more how donation/charity work. I wasnt able to get the t6 pack cause when I logged on and read the post, it was too late. There were only 2500 t6 pack. I'm happy getting the 1$ items along with a free boff.

We can blame cryptics for many things but surely not this one. I posted this cause i felt bad for cryptic. If you want someone to blame... blame the dam organizer... aka groupe.
  • Options
    *Sigh*
    What a shame, really.

Yup

Case in point...

As gulberat pointed out, it's basic economics. Your argument is illogical. Every other charity that I know of that does events like this, it has always been "while supplies last", not a never ending supply. This is no different. Getting angry at them and everyone else just because you didn't get one is a childish waste of energy.

You're making an invalid assumption that this is a complaint about me being upset because I didn't get something. This has nothing to do with ME. (if you really want to call me out, I can show up in game on one of the T6 ships if you need me to)

Economics has absolutely nothing to do with it. Gulberat said that this was to, "drive demand." What demand? This was a charity event. Outside of this event, I've never seen another digital rewards charity event put an artificial cap on anything. I have certainly seen, "supplies are limited," when dealing with physical items, or when having a free giveaway, but never for something like this where the items are digital (and therefore infinite), and the items are used as an incentive to drive donations. What benefit is there to preventing late comers from chipping in their money to grab the, "limited edition charity stuff?"

If this was completely a Groupees issue then Cryptic has my apologies, and I'd suggest to them that they use a more reputable organization for something like this in the future. Obviously, this event raised double the amount that they had set out to raise, so it can be considered a success. But how much was left on the table by taking away the incentive?
  • Options
    jcswwjcsww Member Posts: 6,804 Arc User
    I really like the MU Guardian so far! I understand this is just a promotional offering but I am curious to know if it will get the full proper ship treatment. Will this ship ever be upgradeable to Fleet T6? I don't have the console to try it, but does anyone know if the Saucer Separation console works on this ship? If it does and if this ship will ever be upgradeable. I would be more than happy to purchase the Galaxy to get that console during the next ship sale.
  • Options
    mayito2009mayito2009 Member Posts: 643 Arc User
    My 2 cents, STO and Cryptic need to make sure they provide enough ships so anyone who donates gets rewarded, gimme a freaking break you are donating real money for pixels. The least that can be done is to make sure you have plenty of rewards available, if not then dont give any reward period and let people donate out of the goodness of their hearts.
    Seek and ye shall find. Ask and ye shall receive. Rabboni
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety" (Benjamin Franklin).

Most unexpectedly, this turned into a flame-fest! Closed it goes!. /sigh What flamefestery is this? pwlaughingtrendy
  • Options
    reyan01 wrote: »
    Hmm....
    matrix0 wrote: »
    FYI... All the whiners... READ THE DAM ORIGINAL POST!! The charity event wasnt run by cryptic. It was organized by Groupes. Cryptics only donated the items. For those who been crawling under the rocks... learn more how donation/charity work. I wasnt able to get the t6 pack cause when I logged on and read the post, it was too late. There were only 2500 t6 pack. I'm happy getting the 1$ items along with a free boff.

We can blame cryptics for many things but surely not this one. I posted this cause i felt bad for cryptic. If you want someone to blame... blame the dam organizer... aka groupe.

It is also worth noting the generosity on Cryptic's part. This is something that could have made them money; they chose to support a charity instead.

When you purchase/donate, it gives you the option to donate the money to the charity. It also says that the charity gets 70%, so either Groupees is taking the other 30%, or that 30% is split between Groupees and Perfect World/Cryptic.

This move had the best of intentions, and Kudos to Cryptic for participating. But putting a cap on some of the items was a silly move, especially the items that were created just for the charity event. Why not make them available to everyone who takes part? Why cut off the unique incentives? Many of us already have all of the non-unique ships. The incentives were created to drive the event. There are plenty of people in this very thread who have said, "all gone... sucks that I missed this." Those people could be donating.
  • Options
    baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,510 Community Moderator
    edited November 2015
    I donated but didn't get the Mirror Danube that I gave my money for. Cryptic's blog (even now) showed the ship as still "available" (implied since the $10 pack shows as "unavailable"), so I didn't realize that they were "sold out". Groupees took my money quick enough, but didn't provide the code for the Mirror Danube. :( At least I got the Mirror Leeta BOFF, though. :)
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • Options
    gazurtoidgazurtoid Member Posts: 423 Arc User
    I donated but didn't get the Mirror Danube that I gave my money for. Cryptic's blog (even now) showed the ship as still "available" (implied since the $10 pack shows as "unavailable"), so I didn't realize that they were "sold out". Groupees took my money quick enough, but didn't provide the code for the Mirror Danube. :( At least I got the Mirror Leeta BOFF, though. :)

Because its a charitable donation toward a good cause (anti-bullying charity). Its not a 'sale' - the terms on this were very clear.

I'm not having a go at you in particular, but a disturbing number of people seem to have completely misunderstood this drive - seeing it as some kind of sale.

Groupees asked for donations, and promised to give out codes for ships to the first TRIBBLE people who donated (ie: while the limited stocks lasted). Now, their system admittedly did get overloaded at one point and some people didn't immediately get their codes, but they have since said they will take steps to honor this, which takes time.

But it was crystal clear from the start that people were not being asked to 'buy ships' - they were being asked to donate to a charity, and the first TRIBBLE number of people to do so would get some codes for ingame items as a bonus/thanks.

Whilst I'm delighted that the community has raised around $50k, it sadly seems there is more discussion here about the ships and codes than this feat/the charity.
    yjkZSeM.gif
  • Options
    The only legitimate grievance I can see at all here, going by the description of what occurred, is that Groupees' servers and processes were wholly inadequate to the to the traffic they got...they mismanaged the process. And while I don't think we'd hear it so bluntly, I cannot imagine PWE is happy with them. I would not be with any vendor that told my company they could do something and then turned around and so seriously dropped the ball while my branding was displayed. Hopefully today now that everyone's offices are opening again, those of you who were affected by this problem will be put right.

Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM for more. :-)
    Proudly F2P.  Signature image by gulberat. Avatar image by balsavor.deviantart.com.
  • Options
    mayito2009mayito2009 Member Posts: 643 Arc User
    reyan01 wrote: »
    mayito2009 wrote: »
    My 2 cents, STO and Cryptic need to make sure they provide enough ships so anyone who donates gets rewarded, gimme a freaking break you are donating real money for pixels. The least that can be done is to make sure you have plenty of rewards available, if not then dont give any reward period and let people donate out of the goodness of their hearts.

Oh please! If they'd relied on players donating "out of the goodness of their hearts" they probably wouldn't have reached 10% of the target amount.

I was been sarcastic, that is the reason of the beef of so many who donated, where was the beef? If you want people to donate give the darn ships.
    Seek and ye shall find. Ask and ye shall receive. Rabboni
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety" (Benjamin Franklin).

Most unexpectedly, this turned into a flame-fest! Closed it goes!. /sigh What flamefestery is this? pwlaughingtrendy
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    jcsww wrote: »
    I really like the MU Guardian so far! I understand this is just a promotional offering but I am curious to know if it will get the full proper ship treatment. Will this ship ever be upgradeable to Fleet T6? I don't have the console to try it, but does anyone know if the Saucer Separation console works on this ship? If it does and if this ship will ever be upgradeable. I would be more than happy to purchase the Galaxy to get that console during the next ship sale.
    the Guardian is not a Galaxy variant.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    comrademococomrademoco Member Posts: 1,694 Bug Hunter
    I'm saddened, I missed the t6 bundle by a few hrs...

Nonetheless, still made my donation.

Glad to see it going to a good cause!
    6tviTDx.png

• Options
    angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    jcsww wrote: »

I was wondering the same. The Klingon Raptor and the light Warbird for Romulan players actually are full ships and even grant the fleet discount (Initially I thought themb eing under "promotions" does mean they are new ships, but claiming those unlocks the c-store version). I'm wondering wether or not the MU Guardian will qualify for the fleet discount at one point.​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • Options
    aesicaaesica Member Posts: 736 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    gulberat wrote: »
    I can tell you that exclusivity in and of itself is not bullying; it's just economics that was intended to drive demand.
    I have to respectfully disagree. First, let me say that mmo players are greedy in general. If you dangle greatly-discounted gear/ships/whatevers in their faces, you'll have them chomping at the bit to get them, credit cards in hand and ready to throw money at you. By limiting the number of available purchases (yes, let's face it--most people in this game wouldn't have bothered donating without digital loot as an incentive), you're effectively turning away a good number of people who already had their wallets out and were ready to give you money. That just doesn't make any sense.

The critical difference between something like this and the humble bundles is that the contents of the humble bundles are likely to be available elsewhere (after the bundle is exhausted) for full price. With the STO T6 bundle, the ship isn't likely to ever show up after this event is over, nor should it--it should be a way to show off that you helped donate. In this case, limiting the supply is counter-productive to driving donations. A pretty significant number of potential donators have likely turned away, or spent the very minimum for a T1 ship they don't even care about just to unlock Leeta. These people would've spent a lot more had the T6 ships still been an option.

It has, in effect, turned away people who were more than happy--excited even--to donate money. Now I realize material (digital or not) goods shouldn't be the sole reason people donate to a charity like this, but I'm very much a realist. As mentioned, people in general are greedy, and if you asked the typical STO player to donate "out of the kindness of their heart," they'd just be like, "ha, nope! Free shipz plz~"

I seriously hope cryptic reconsiders, and adds more T6 ship bundles. Since I missed the narrow T6 window (and apparently the mirror danube window by just enough to get a blank/empty item with no code), I'm among those who is literally happy and willing to send more money their way if they do.

Edit: Update:

I just went to the Groupees site again on a whim, and it seems my once-empty mirror danube purchase now has a key attached. Point being, they're definitely aware that some people managed to buy empty copies and are working to resolve it--or have already.

Cheers. :D
    Rubberband Dance has been unlocked!
    kNqxcCf.gif
  • Options
    I can say for certain that if you have the mirror danube, the terran skin works on the regular danube and yellowstone runabouts, too. Much the same, I have a mirror patrol escort and the terran skin works on my regular fleet patrol escort. I imagine it'll be the same for anyone with the T6 ships.
  • Options
    @aesica, I have no problem with people disagreeing with the business decision here. What I don't agree with is equating Cryptic in this instance with bullies. I've experienced what bullying is in my life and I feel that such a comparison is unwarranted and cheapens the experiences of those who have gone through the real thing. (Not to suggest that anyone who disagrees with the business decision has no idea what bullying feels like. I only mean that calling Cryptic bullies over this can give that impression--perhaps quite unwittingly, but that is how it can be perceived.)

• Options
    Good to hear.
    aesica wrote: »
    Edit: Update:

I just went to the Groupees site again on a whim, and it seems my once-empty mirror danube purchase now has a key attached. Point being, they're definitely aware that some people managed to buy empty copies and are working to resolve it--or have already.

Cheers. :D

• Options
    aesicaaesica Member Posts: 736 Arc User
    gulberat wrote: »
    @aesica, I have no problem with people disagreeing with the business decision here. What I don't agree with is equating Cryptic in this instance with bullies. I've experienced what bullying is in my life and I feel that such a comparison is unwarranted and cheapens the experiences of those who have gone through the real thing. (Not to suggest that anyone who disagrees with the business decision has no idea what bullying feels like. I only mean that calling Cryptic bullies over this can give that impression--perhaps quite unwittingly, but that is how it can be perceived.)
    Oh, then in that case, we're in agreement. The last post I read about cryptic "bullying" people by making them limited-number had my eyes quickly traveling up and into the back of my skull. :D I get their frustration, however the way they're choosing to express it is both childish and toxic.
    Rubberband Dance has been unlocked!
    kNqxcCf.gif
  • Options
    baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,510 Community Moderator
    gazurtoid wrote: »

Because its a charitable donation toward a good cause (anti-bullying charity). Its not a 'sale' - the terms on this were very clear.

I'm not having a go at you in particular, but a disturbing number of people seem to have completely misunderstood this drive - seeing it as some kind of sale.

Groupees asked for donations, and promised to give out codes for ships to the first TRIBBLE people who donated (ie: while the limited stocks lasted). Now, their system admittedly did get overloaded at one point and some people didn't immediately get their codes, but they have since said they will take steps to honor this, which takes time.

But it was crystal clear from the start that people were not being asked to 'buy ships' - they were being asked to donate to a charity, and the first TRIBBLE number of people to do so would get some codes for ingame items as a bonus/thanks.

Whilst I'm delighted that the community has raised around $50k, it sadly seems there is more discussion here about the ships and codes than this feat/the charity.

I was quite clear about the nature of it being a donation versus a sale. But I agree that there seem to have been many that have been treating this like a sale versus a donation.

My only issue was poor implementation. Everyone that donated received a gift of their choosing. I happened to choose the Mirror Danube, as it was no longer possible to receive the T6 pack. Cryptic's blog page showed the T6 pack as "unavailable", but all of the T1 ships appeared to be available. Assuming the Mirror Danube was still available, that's the gift I chose for my donation. My donation was taken, but no code of the Mirror Danube was received, because apparently it was also "unavailable", although I did happily receive a code for the Leeta BOFF.

I would like to say, though, as of today, I did receive a code for a Mirror Danube for which I am grateful. Quite magnanimous of Cryptic and Groupees, in my opinion, as they didn't have to do that.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • Options
    misterperseusmisterperseus Member Posts: 71 Arc User
    The Groupee did good by me. They announced that the event was ending at 2am gmt but at midnight a few T6 bundles would come up. Also some of the other codes didn't work but they fixed those right away.

Things could have gone better if there was clear communication as to what was the expected response would be and if the system could handle it. Also time gate the primary product so all time zones get a chance, that way people don't feel disrespected. If that had happened I strongly feel that a lot more money would have been raised for Chase's charity.
  • Options
    zorander6zorander6 Member Posts: 130 Arc User
    Honestly I would have liked to have donated for the 10$ pack but don't get paid till Friday. Am I disrespected, bullied, or otherwise harmed by not being able to? No. However I am disappointed. Will I die? No. I'll just keep using the Mirror assault cruiser I bought in the exchange (don't know why but I like the ship even if it isn't top DPS.)