test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Pop Culture Hero Coalition

Comments

• Options
    jodyhammerhandjodyhammerhand Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    Heck even those of us who bought and have receipts within the first hour of the promotion going live haven't received our ships. So this will probably get figured out next week.

The bigger issue here is I gladly supported a worthy cause. $10 well spent.
  • Options
    jormunrekjormunrek Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    I am starting to think that Groupee is going to indeed blame Cryptic for this. My most recent response from them was as follows:

Hello,
    You have reached Xsolla support - a billing and payment solution for online games. If you have a question about any gaming issue or didn't receive a code, please contact the game support. You can find the contact information on the main page of the game. We sincerely hope the issue will be resolved.
    Thank you

Still not sure how this is going to end.
  • Options
    jodyhammerhandjodyhammerhand Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    My point there was't to kvetch about that, I was trying to get it back on topic about how the STO community gave money to support a good cause. If you think it about it, Trek is inherently about anti-bullying and being inclusive. With that thought in mind, it was easy to put down $10. This was such a good thing to do. I'm glad I was able to support a good cause.
  • Options
    hipachilleshipachilles Member Posts: 195 Arc User
    gazurtoid wrote: »
    As far as I am aware, they made clear from the start that there was only a limited number of T6 bundles - 2500 I believe. Therefore they are under no obligation to provide more than this 2500.

That said, they have since acknowledged that there were payment difficulties experienced at the time, and anyone who paid before 11/12/2015 10:40 PM UTC should receive one - in excess of the 2500 originally agreed. This is a remarkably generous gesture.

I urge people to have patience. As someone who has extensive experience working with the NGO sector, they appear to me to be a very small charity with limited administrative capacity that has been overwhelmed by the response by STO players.

It will take them time (and the weekend is fast approaching) to work out the details with Cryptic, and then implement it. Please give them that time.

You are right on here. This was a wonderful promotion to suport a great cause. Honestly, I think just about everyone who plays STO has probably suffered from either first- or second-hand bullying, probably BECAUSE we are fans of Star Trek and/or gaming.

However, you are a little incorrect in what's happening with the keys. Each of the initial T6 keys Cryptic provided unlocks 1 ship package. Many users jumped at the chance to support this cause and receive one of those T6 keys in return. So many, in fact, that their processing servers became overloaded.
    • Some forms of payment were accepted immediately and those individuals had no problem getting their keys.
    • A great many had issues getting their payments processed in time, and by the time those payments were processed, the keys were gone. Those people are being promised that once Cryptic gives them more keys (since there were only 2600 valid ones intially), they will deliver them. I agree, patience is what is required here, since there are very few people available to work on this.
    • Some (myself included) tried multiple times to get their payments processed while the keys were still available. For whatever reason, those transactions were listed as pending on our credit card accounts but Groupees was never able to finish processing them. As a result, we never got receipts and find out today that they recalled those pending transactions. Since we never ended up having our payments go through, we have no recourse here despite our multiple efforts to support this cause

I'm not mad, but am a little disappointed that there hasn't been much clarity about how to resolve the technical snafu. I do want to support this charity, and ff there aren't going to be any more T6 codes available, I will just try again to give them my donation. But if they ARE going to provide more keys, it would be very helpful to know this. Groupees seems to indicate that there will be, but Cryptic has been officially silent on the issue. Whatever you decide, please just let us know.

I am glad Cryptic is supporting this wonderful cause Chase started, but tying limited first-come, first-serve exclusives to it is just causing hurt feelings. Exclusivity really has a negative side that maybe hasn't been fully considered. Despite the snafu, it is a resounding success and I hope they consider doing it again. But I implore you, consider removing the hard cap on how many will be allowed to fully participate - I don't understand why it was important to include it in the first place.
  • Options
    aesicaaesica Member Posts: 736 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    Honest question to anyone who knows: Why was the T6 bundle made to be limited in supply, rather than for the duration of the fundraising event? Strictly from a sales-driving standpoint, it seems counterproductive.

I'm pretty disappointed that I missed the deadline (though it's my fault for not checking the site daily) and am happy to throw a couple bucks in for the bridge officer and mirror danube, but I suspect plenty will likely just walk away and not bother since the "good" package is no longer an option. (Humans are motivated by greed, after all)

Again, I'm not mad (I don't need the ships to enjoy the game) I'm just...disappointed. Still a nice cause though.
    Rubberband Dance has been unlocked!
    kNqxcCf.gif
  • Options
    pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
    I'm checking into what's going on with Groupees. I'm emailing and making a couple calls.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    I'm checking into what's going on with Groupees. I'm emailing and making a couple calls.

See, Trendy to the rescue. *offers Trendy a delicious cookie*
  • Options
    cuchulainn74cuchulainn74 Member Posts: 831 Arc User
    sov42 wrote: »

I dunno how she does it. It's like being in charge of a daycare that specializes exclusively in ADHD children. The patience required is superhuman.
    Fleet Admiral CuChulainn - U.S.S. Aegis KT Intel Dreadnought Cruiser
    vGdvFsX.jpg

• Options

I dunno how she does it. It's like being in charge of a daycare that specializes exclusively in ADHD children. The patience required is superhuman.

Admittedly, patience is not a virtue I possess, least of all for people, but I didn't go for the T6 bundle and Groupees eventually fixed the issues I was having with their site, so, I'm good. I hope everyone else gets their issues sorted out. ;)
  • Options
    zellkarrathzellkarrath Member Posts: 182 Arc User

Thank you Trendy. :)
  • Options
    talientalien Member Posts: 712 Arc User
    You are right on here. This was a wonderful promotion to suport a great cause. Honestly, I think just about everyone who plays STO has probably suffered from either first- or second-hand bullying, probably BECAUSE we are fans of Star Trek and/or gaming.

Yeah, pretty much. Me and my friends got hazed constantly in middle and high school because we were into sci-fi/fantasy stuff back before it was "cool".

I'd have been more than happy to support this if steam wallet was a payment option.
  • Options
    zellkarrathzellkarrath Member Posts: 182 Arc User
    Good news. I just got a Key for the T6 Bundle. Looks like this problem may be resolved for everyone soon.
  • Options
    arliekkosarliekkos Member Posts: 209 Arc User
    Same.
  • Options
    szymborskaszymborska Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    szymborska wrote: »
    How do I redeem the codes?

one of two ways if you don't have or don't want arc you can click on any of the ships on the page where they show and there will be a link that will redirect you to a redeem page enter the code there or install Arc and start it then on the Arc Icon (with the lil down arrow) click there and go to redeem a code. hope this helps.

Thank you, I got them sorted out.

• Options
    vetteguy904vetteguy904 Member Posts: 3,857 Arc User
    I too would have loved to take advantage. it's really no skin of PWE/Cryptic's nose (tax write off) and it's for a great charity. 2500 is what .000something of the population???
    Spock.jpg

• Options
    So I donated a bit and checked the mirror danube, checked out, and was able to redeem Leeta just fine. The danube though, I just now noticed that it says "sold out" and there's no key listed. Did I just TRIBBLE myself over here? :/

kNqxcCf.gif
  • Options
    hyperionx09hyperionx09 Member Posts: 1,709 Arc User
    aesica wrote: »
    So I donated a bit and checked the mirror danube, checked out, and was able to redeem Leeta just fine. The danube though, I just now noticed that it says "sold out" and there's no key listed. Did I just TRIBBLE myself over here? :/

The FAQ and chat channel at the bottom of the ST ship donation page apparently says you're SoL. But there's the possibility of them still releasing extra keys like they did the T6 bundle.

Would have been nice if Groupees at least had individual numbers of each ships left available though, for others in your situation.

I'm assuming that there's a limit of 15000 for each individual ship, and all 15000 Mirror Runabouts were just sold out around the time you placed your order.

Still hoping they do a last-release of the Mirror Guardian (even if it's only by itself for 10 USD) and one for the Mirror Runabout towards the end of the donation campaign. Like a final push incentive that some Kickstarters/Indigogo funding projects have.
  • Options
    Additional keys sure would be nice, not only for those like me who apparently ordered with terrible timing, but also because I can guarantee that minting off more keys would generate more money. Everybody wins.

If not, oh well. I have Leeta on my bridge roster right now, and I donated to a charity I fully support, so it's not a waste.
    kNqxcCf.gif
  • Options
    baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,344 Community Moderator
    aesica wrote: »

I'm in the same situation. No key for the Mirror Danube. There's a "key" for Mirror Leeta, but I can't seem to redeem it either. The only place on the ARC site that I can find that will accept a key is requiring that it be 25 characters. My Mirror Leeta key is significantly shorter than 25 characters. :'(
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • Options
    I'm in the same situation. No key for the Mirror Danube. There's a "key" for Mirror Leeta, but I can't seem to redeem it either. The only place on the ARC site that I can find that will accept a key is requiring that it be 25 characters. My Mirror Leeta key is significantly shorter than 25 characters. :'(

https://www.arcgames.com/en/redeem
  • Options
    baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,344 Community Moderator

Awesome. Thank you very much. Hopefully, I'll be able to get a key for the Mirror Danube so that I can claim it.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • Options

Awesome. Thank you very much. Hopefully, I'll be able to get a key for the Mirror Danube so that I can claim it.

hqdefault.jpg

:P
  • Options
    exbeinexbein Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    I really hope they decide to add more T6 bundles. I had no idea this was going on and would have loved to get in on it, though I did manage to snag a Danube before those ran out too. :/
  • Options
    therumancer23therumancer23 Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    I just wanted to sound off myself and say I've run into problems as well. At first I was going to donate $10 for the T6 ship bundle but the site hung up and wouldn't let me order them. I tried again yesterday and the T6 ships were gone but I figured it was a worthy cause (being a victim of bullying myself) and an awesome Boff so I donated $4 for some ships I don't yet have any kind of code from them. I'm guessing the response was more than they were ready to handle. I have a paypal receipt for the $4 purchase (the earlier one I attempted didn't work at all so like many people I missed out on the T6 bundle due to overload). I can easily prove my donation.

That said it was a charity donation, I hope I get my reward, but if not I suppose it doesn't matter as much as many other things ASSUMING this charity isn't bogus (not getting the codes makes me a little suspicious). We'll see what happens, good to hear Trendy is looking into it, I just wanted to add another voice to the choir.
  • Options
    I just wanted to sound off myself and say I've run into problems as well. At first I was going to donate $10 for the T6 ship bundle but the site hung up and wouldn't let me order them. I tried again yesterday and the T6 ships were gone but I figured it was a worthy cause (being a victim of bullying myself) and an awesome Boff so I donated $4 for some ships I don't yet have any kind of code from them. I'm guessing the response was more than they were ready to handle. I have a paypal receipt for the $4 purchase (the earlier one I attempted didn't work at all so like many people I missed out on the T6 bundle due to overload). I can easily prove my donation.

That said it was a charity donation, I hope I get my reward, but if not I suppose it doesn't matter as much as many other things ASSUMING this charity isn't bogus (not getting the codes makes me a little suspicious). We'll see what happens, good to hear Trendy is looking into it, I just wanted to add another voice to the choir.
    You didn't get -any- of your ship codes? You got your leeta code though, right? Note that all items should be listed under "my purchases" on the groupees website. The leeta item shows a code, but the mirror danube shows nothing at all.

If you haven't gotten any of your ship codes (looking right now, only the mirror danube shows as sold out) then perhaps the system might still be having problems? Hopefully?

Anyway, given that it's a friday, we probably won't know until sometime on monday.

kNqxcCf.gif
  • Options
    whicky1978whicky1978 Member Posts: 110 Arc User
    I got my stuff under promotions. I was too late for the t6 bundle. Also, you cant change Leeta's out fir event though both are pictured in the c-store.
  • Options
    gpgtxgpgtx Member Posts: 1,579 Arc User
    Really for how much traffic and just how flooded it got I am impressed with how little complaining there is.

I only found out do to a fleetmate saying something and got lucky there was 10 left when I got mine
    victoriasig_zps23c45368.jpg
  • Options
    misterperseusmisterperseus Member Posts: 71 Arc User
    This has really gone off the rails. T6 ships, yeah that's weak, but I tried to get the mirror Danube and the other small craft bundled to get Leeta. The site dropped my order and it looks like I won't be able to get the runnabout. Have sent multiple tickets and have gotten no resolution.

Charity work dosen't seem to mix with Cryptic/STO very well. Last year it took over 4 months to get the RW tribble I won, and never got the in-game items. I know they mean well, but they just can't seem to think things through even tho we're almost 6 years into the game and the community has a record of showing up in big numbers.
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    This has really gone off the rails. T6 ships, yeah that's weak, but I tried to get the mirror Danube and the other small craft bundled to get Leeta. The site dropped my order and it looks like I won't be able to get the runnabout. Have sent multiple tickets and have gotten no resolution.

Charity work dosen't seem to mix with Cryptic/STO very well. Last year it took over 4 months to get the RW tribble I won, and never got the in-game items. I know they mean well, but they just can't seem to think things through even tho we're almost 6 years into the game and the community has a record of showing up in big numbers.

Do keep in mind, they don't have a 24/7 support team at groupees and they do use a queue system to answer tickets. Also, there's A LOT of people still waiting who purchased on day one.