test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Pop Culture Hero Coalition

Comments

• crm14916crm14916 Member Posts: 1,526 Arc User
    I am also one of the select few who had no issues, except for waiting for the text reply from my wife giving me permission... :wink:

Love the charity as I have children who were bullied in their youth. Also love the perks and the support that Cryptic offered as a bonus for those who participated. I hope those who also participated and wetter less fortunate than me will eventually get their rewards...

CM
    "Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure science." - Edwin Hubble
  • tolwyn21tolwyn21 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    Hi guys, I was able to make my purchase yesterday, but it took 20 hours to actually get the codes. No issues though! I don't mind the wait, its for a good cause and I got some new ships for a steal of a price! Just be patient folks!
  • lance1967lance1967 Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    tacofangs wrote: »
    So jazzed at how well this is going. We've almost reached TWICE the original goal! Keep it going guys!

I'm sure we could easily make it 3-4 times the original goal if you open up some more T6 ships! :wink:
  • hyperionx09hyperionx09 Member Posts: 1,709 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    So jazzed at how well this is going. We've almost reached TWICE the original goal! Keep it going guys!

Could have broken 50k easily if Cryptic actually had more T6 bundles.

But I guess it doesn't matter when there's still about 9k singles left. Even if it's all 1$, it'll push it over.
    Post edited by hyperionx09 on
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Arc User
    capnkirk4 wrote: »
    Meh. Useless TRIBBLE. I need a T6 Sci, Klink cruiser, and Rom light warbird. Gimmee those, and I might flip you a couple bucks.

It is for charity...
  • mayito2009mayito2009 Member Posts: 643 Arc User
    So do I need to buy extra slots for these ships or do they come with the extra slots?
    Seek and ye shall find. Ask and ye shall receive. Rabboni
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety" (Benjamin Franklin).

Most unexpectedly, this turned into a flame-fest! Closed it goes!. /sigh What flamefestery is this? pwlaughingtrendy
  • gulberatgulberat Member Posts: 5,505 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    sov42 wrote: »
    capnkirk4 wrote: »
    Meh. Useless TRIBBLE. I need a T6 Sci, Klink cruiser, and Rom light warbird. Gimmee those, and I might flip you a couple bucks.

It is for charity...

If someone doesn't want the goodies, they certainly reserve the option of going right to the charity and donating on their site without a middleman or STO items. Which if Groupees doesn't sort their mess out, could also be an alternative for those who didn't get what they were expecting. It doesn't have to be some kind of either-or thing where either you don't complain/address the situation, or you're a horrible person. I'd imagine the charity would welcome direct donations just as much as those that come through this promotion.

Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM for more. :-)
    Proudly F2P.  Signature image by gulberat. Avatar image by balsavor.deviantart.com.
  • realdarth5ava63realdarth5ava63 Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    Took 13 hours for me to get my bundle, they ran out of codes for the t6 ship. But it is on the list just like you other guys said it was. Thank you. I got a bit upset when i had to wait, but they never waited 13 hours to take the money out of my account. Might be the first and last time i deal with groupees. Come on Star Trek fans and bullying, it's like a comic saying "hey who here likes to breath" FFS people.
  • danismithmndanismithmn Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Make more bundles available. I am more than willing to donate at least $10 for a $60 bundle. The charity is also very worthwhile and I would love to support it but I do like getting something for my money.
  • furlong359furlong359 Member Posts: 145 Arc User
    so, just how do i redeem these keys?
  • vengefuldjinnvengefuldjinn Member Posts: 1,521 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    Okay, Gotz my holo Leeta boff, how coolz iz that ?!

One question though, previous mirror universe ships had that yellow markings, now mirror universe ships have red markings, are we dealing with two different mirror universes? Or did they just change their paint color? lolz

Too bad the Romulan and Klingon ships didn't have similar markings, or at least their version of them.

Also, I'd TOTALLY pay for a mirror universe version of the Titan as featured in the books.

Which brings me to another point, shouldn't some of these mirror universe ships be a bit more beefed up in appearance ?
    The mirror universe Titan, while similar, does have some structural differences beyond a mere paint-job.
    Like different nacelles and an additional torpedo pod.
    sc-36_box.jpg

I'm just thinking that it would be cool to have an actual mirror universe ship promotion featuring ships that while, are recognizable as faction specific ships, have differences in configuration that shows a more aggressive stance.

We could work in a Warship Voyager and perhaps a Klingon and a Romulan ship/s that are PURE science vessels with minimum armaments, but with all kinds of crazy sciencey stuffs to play with.

And mirror universe outfits/uniforms, and mirror universe bridges too.
    TwoWorlds06.jpg

I'd pay for that package.

tumblr_o2aau3b7nh1rkvl19o1_400.gif

• joshglassjoshglass Member Posts: 159 Arc User
    I'd drop 10 just for the mirror Guardian. Make more of the T6 ship bundles available please! I missed it yesterday because I was at work!
  • jcswwjcsww Member Posts: 6,817 Arc User

As others have mentioned. For the next round of charitable offerings. Could we have something a little more complete? I am very happy with the Mirror Universe version of the Guardian and Runabout! I would have gladly donated more if they had a MU interior each and a costume unlock for male and female for the MU style of uniforms the Photonic Leeta bridge offer is wearing.

Let me spell it out for you! :D I would gladly shell out $50 for charity for a T6 Warship Intrepid, 11 console, with MU interior, MU Delta Flyer, and an MU Doctor bridge officer! I would gladly say the same for an MU Galaxy and Galaxy X, both 11 console, MU Data bridge officer, and MU Galaxy interior. This opportunity could also be used to sell us the prime universe Galaxy interior. Other ideas for items would be a complete set of Past Imperfect CommBadges, MU T6 Ambassador with 11 consoles, and many other ships and items the players have asked for nicely over the years.
  • hatepwehatepwe Member Posts: 252 Arc User
    Per Groupees CS if you haven't gotten a T6 bundle:

"T6 keys are currently out of stock. It will be added to your account once more keys arrive."

Basically they're throwing Cryptic under the bus as I'd assume Cryptic is providing the keys and they're saying Cryptic didn't give the amount needed to cover all the ones marked as available.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • hipachilleshipachilles Member Posts: 195 Arc User
    hatepwe wrote: »
    Per Groupees CS if you haven't gotten a T6 bundle:

"T6 keys are currently out of stock. It will be added to your account once more keys arrive."

Basically they're throwing Cryptic under the bus as I'd assume Cryptic is providing the keys and they're saying Cryptic didn't give the amount needed to cover all the ones marked as available.

I got a similar response. I was one who had the errors with processing yesterday and was told since the payment didn't process correctly, they have to wait for more Tier 6 keys to become available to honor the initial bundle.

I don't think they are throwing Cryptic under the bus at all, however, just pointing out that they don't have the keys to give to everyone beyond the fixed number that were allocated to the donations which processed correctly.

So my question to Crypic is if they are going to provide the additional keys or not because I haven't heard, seen, or read anything from them on that front.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    angrytarg wrote: »
    alexvio1 wrote: »
    Actually they do (save mirror Guardian, of course).
    Oh, seriously? I just found them under "promotions". Do they grant the fleet discount, then? If so, the Feds are in disadvantage for a change pig-2.gif​​
    Well... I'd have liked to have gotten a command version of a Mat'ha and Aelahl. :p especially since they would have Admiralty cards.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • hereticknight085hereticknight085 Member Posts: 3,783 Arc User

Hey taco, could you guys give them more keys? I know of dozens (if not hundreds) of players who sent in their money EARLY. As in literally MINUTES after the promotion started, but due to the fubar'd system that Groupees used, were unable to get their T6 ships. And now that our payments have FINALLY gone through, Groupees is telling us that the T6 keys are out of stock, even though I know for a fact that many of us paid while the ships were still available.

Is there anything you guys can do, or are we screwed out of the ships?
    It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once. B)
  • ejames127ejames127 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    They needed to make more of the Mirror T-6 available. I understand limiting the t-6 bundles, the other 2 ships are money out of there pocket for each one bought, but if the Mirror T-6 is in fact exclusive then they lose nothing by giving more out.

Given the constant annoyances caused by all the downtime due to DDOS attacks, the grinch attitude toward the winter event, it seems that Cryptic could have used this as a nice way to support a charity and thank us for our continued support despite the recent performance issues.

Instead they turned it into another grinch attitude FU to the player base.
  • zellkarrathzellkarrath Member Posts: 182 Arc User

Hey taco, could you guys give them more keys? I know of dozens (if not hundreds) of players who sent in their money EARLY. As in literally MINUTES after the promotion started, but due to the fubar'd system that Groupees used, were unable to get their T6 ships. And now that our payments have FINALLY gone through, Groupees is telling us that the T6 keys are out of stock, even though I know for a fact that many of us paid while the ships were still available.

Is there anything you guys can do, or are we screwed out of the ships?

I'd actually like an official statement on this to. I have the T6 Bundle sitting in my purchase history with no redemption key, and Groupees seems to be stating they will get more for people such as myself. It would be nice if we could just get a statement from Cryptic confirming that this is happening.

• gazurtoidgazurtoid Member Posts: 423 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    As far as I am aware, they made clear from the start that there was only a limited number of T6 bundles - 2500 I believe. Therefore they are under no obligation to provide more than this 2500.

That said, they have since acknowledged that there were payment difficulties experienced at the time, and anyone who paid before 11/12/2015 10:40 PM UTC should receive one - in excess of the 2500 originally agreed. This is a remarkably generous gesture.

I urge people to have patience. As someone who has extensive experience working with the NGO sector, they appear to me to be a very small charity with limited administrative capacity that has been overwhelmed by the response by STO players.

It will take them time (and the weekend is fast approaching) to work out the details with Cryptic, and then implement it. Please give them that time.
    yjkZSeM.gif
  • ejames127ejames127 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    And now the login server is apparently down...

Awesome.

Yet another thing Crytpic should do something to make amends for instead of yet again giving the player base a big FU
    Okay, Gotz my holo Leeta boff, how coolz iz that ?!

One question though, previous mirror universe ships had that yellow markings, now mirror universe ships have red markings, are we dealing with two different mirror universes? Or did they just change their paint color? lolz

I'll take hot rod red over puke yellow any day. ;)

• gfreeman98gfreeman98 Member Posts: 1,200 Arc User
    gazurtoid wrote: »
    ... they appear to me to be a very small charity with limited administrative capacity that has been overwhelmed by the response by STO players.
    The Force is strong with... wait, wrong franchise. B)

screenshot_2015-03-01-resize4.png
  • annemarie30annemarie30 Member Posts: 2,661 Arc User
    I saw that the t6 ships were gone in 6 hours any chance iPod more being released? Some of us were at work!
    We Want Vic Fontaine
  • pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
    ejames127 wrote: »
    And now the login server is apparently down...

Awesome.

Yet another thing Crytpic should do something to make amends for instead of yet again giving the player base a big FU
    ejames127 wrote: »

While this is a nice cause, I'd like to point out that as someone who has to work for a living I had no chance for the T6 bundle. Good job TRIBBLE up what should have been a very feel-good promotion to help a worthy cause.

Thank you Chase, thank you cryptic, for ruining my night and making me feel very discrimated against and bullied.

I am absolutely appaled that someone would use a charity like this to make people feel like the victems the charity is supposed to represent.

Good. Job. Cryptic!

Really? I mean seriously.
    No. No, I'm not going to even spend my time on this anymore. Your type of toxic behavior isn't welcome here. Goodbye.
  • addsin15addsin15 Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    Why no more t6 bundles! I was just waiting for my paycheck and now there is no more left! wtf?
    addsin15 wrote: »
    Why no more t6 bundles! I was just waiting for my paycheck and now there is no more left! wtf?

It was indeed a LIMITED amount for a reason.
  • primar13primar13 Member Posts: 1,896 Bug Hunter
    addsin15 wrote: »

Well then you were a day late... They sold out by Closing time EST, Yesterday. :disappointed: