test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Scheduled AccountServer Restart and Network Update

12346»

Comments

• yris1yris1 Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    lance1967 wrote: »
    HERE IS A TEMP FIX TO GET INTO STO! I have verified this by trying to login several times...

1. Use a client other than ARC - like Steam.
    2. When the login window appears, click on OPTIONS and check "FORCE VERIFY".
    3. Login to STO and let it do it's verification.
    4. Enjoy playing STO again.

You will have to do this Force Verification everytime you login until they track down the tracker.

- Lance

Does not work for me with standalone launcher, still stuck on "patching" when I manage to get beyond the tracker.
    Arc or Standalone = same.

• captainoblivouscaptainoblivous Member Posts: 2,284 Arc User
    No joy on the login from arc, steam or the original launcher (my preferred method of getting in). Trying the forceverify method now.
    I need a beer.

• lance1967lance1967 Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    yris1 wrote: »
    lance1967 wrote: »
    HERE IS A TEMP FIX TO GET INTO STO! I have verified this by trying to login several times...

1. Use a client other than ARC - like Steam.
    2. When the login window appears, click on OPTIONS and check "FORCE VERIFY".
    3. Login to STO and let it do it's verification.
    4. Enjoy playing STO again.

You will have to do this Force Verification everytime you login until they track down the tracker.

- Lance

Does not work for me with standalone launcher, still stuck on "patching" when I manage to get beyond the tracker.
    Arc or Standalone = same.

That's weird. Using Steam and force verify was the only way I could get into the game (verified it a few times before I posted about it). Every other attempt doesn't work for me.
  • elywaerelywaer Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    Finally! Closed out of login screen and opened it again. It automagically worked. . .
  • captainoblivouscaptainoblivous Member Posts: 2,284 Arc User
    Okay, the forceverify works. Just hope I don't get DC'd or crash now then!
    I need a beer.

• shanker666shanker666 Member Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    I'm having to use the STO launcher(not Arc or Steam) and use safe mode to get in. Reminds me of the Windows 10 debacle.

Edit: Also locking up when changing maps,have to quit to desktop and relaunch.
  • nebfabnebfab Member Posts: 672 Arc User
    Worked fine an hour ago here, Linux and classic launcher.
  • sadja4sadja4 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    I am still unable to get in. If it's not the tracker, then it's "Unable to start game client: Success" My patience is beginning to run out, as is my willingness to put any additional $$ into this game. Not good!!
  • tarran61tarran61 Member Posts: 827 Arc User
    Have you ever found a cord/patch cable you were not able to trace so you unplugged it to see what happens?]
    o:) Now we know <--Just trying to be funny-->. Hope its plugged back in soon.
    Positive thoughts.
    NeAC.gif
  • johnwatson71johnwatson71 Member Posts: 187 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    Current Mac status:

Arc launcher not available on mac, so it can't even be tried.

STO Launcher & steam launcher both resulting in "Unable to start game: success"

Force Verifying does nothing. Attempted a wineskin and playonmac, both failed.
    7aamriW.png
  • daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    Even the word 'overseeing' gets misinterpreted as 'managing' and thus twisted into an argument proposing that I'm managing the process thereof. Really as 'overseeing' I'm monitoring it, constantly in talks with the engineers as well as other folks in the building and gathering status check-ins for my consumption. But all it takes is the twisting of the connotation of one word to grossly change the entire course of a thread and try to pick a fight with an Admin at 6AM.

Bravo, you earned your ban.

O U C H

<== plans on wearing halo for rest of day o:)
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
    The launcher is in fact controlled by other folks, however I'm going to have a conversation with them about it.

EDIT: Especially after the 'fOctober' one prior.

LOL

I thought somebody did that on purpose.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
  • swamarianswamarian Member Posts: 1,506 Arc User
    I was able to get in diff, ship and blow stuff up via arc. I hope that whatever's causing problems gets fixed soon.
    edited October 2015
    mayito2009 wrote: »
    mayito2009 wrote: »
    11:22 here in sunny and awesome full of people from everywhere except from here Florida.

Probably because it's at least 30 degrees warmer there than freezing-to-death-in-October Rhode Island.

LOL indeed, indeed, we welcome all the snow birds down here with open arms.

That's not entirely true... my Mom lives in Naples and she hates all the Snow Bunnies that overwhelm the regular populace for seven months of the year.
    They "drive crazy" and are constantly trying to take her regular reservation at her favorite restaurant.
    course, she's 89 and a bit stuck in her ways.
    B)
    edited October 2015
    @pwlaughingtrendy

Could we please get a status update?

Still stuck on "Patching"
  • zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,782 Arc User
    can some body tell me how long it wil take like an hour or longer becoase aboud a hour i need to eat

Trendy said an hour - launcher says two - we're 1 hr 45 mins in so I'm inclined to believe ~15 more minutes :)
    I'm still monitoring. Apparently while they did say one hour, they're looking at a potential extension due to not being able to connect to a tracker.
    Tell them that they can use this tracker if it helps.
    640x640_6139_LON_Card_ranger_2d_illustration_girl_woman_archer_fantasy_picture_image_digital_art.jpg

f5cc65bc8f3b91f963e328314df7c48d.jpg
    Sig? What sig? I don't see any sig.
    edited October 2015
    Hmmm, improvement, no longer stuck on "Patching", force verify in progress...

*cross fingers*

edit: I am in!
  • madavaumadavau Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    I cannot get into STO since this morning's maintenance downtime. I have tried Safe Mode and Force Verify.