Scheduled AccountServer Restart and Network Update

Comments

• Options
    gulberatgulberat Member Posts: 5,505 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    reyan01 wrote: »
    doyouw wrote: »
    im new here so plz dont ban me if i ask does any one know when the accound server thingy is back on i wanne play dis game real bad i got it yesterdayand killd some bork and safed some peapol and does any one know the anwser on the things i aks in my first post

Best post ever!
    Dyslexus of Brog would be proud! :s

I had trouble understanding and answering him earlier but knowing he's not english native helped me avoiding making fun of him.
    I think that's called leniency !

Now you can try speaking Dutch (duddutcher) or even French (me) or even spanish german, etc and see how people will make fun of you ;)

Nah. But by the same token, being a monolingual dumb*** means that I wouldn't even try posting on a a website that doesn't communicate in the only language my tiny brain can comprehend,

This isn't necessary. As someone who is NOT monolingual and knows the tremendous amount of work that goes into learning a foreign language as an older child and also as an adult, I can tell you it takes a LOT of courage to post or to speak in that language, knowing how judgmental some might be. My Spanish isn't too shabby but I can tell you that my Russian grammar would probably be as rough as this, and it is nerve-wracking attempting to use it in front of other people. When I do speak Russian, getting shut down like you did here is something I fear every time I open my mouth. It hasn't happened thus far because I have supportive people I'm learning with, but if you shut people down when they try to practice, then you pretty much guarantee they will either give up entirely, or not make progress because they feel they must only use their skills in safe places.

(I also know a very little bit of Dutch and German, and I am sure my attempt to use either would be catastrophic to say the least.)

Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM for more. :-)
    Proudly F2P.  Signature image by gulberat. Avatar image by balsavor.deviantart.com.
  • Options
    donaldray1971donaldray1971 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    in
  • Options
    johnwatson71johnwatson71 Member Posts: 187 Arc User
    Mac client still not working. In fact its gotten WORSE.

Now there is no Engage button and the launcher gets stuck on "attempting to connect to controller tracker"

Whatever you guys did, broke the mac client even more.
    7aamriW.png
  • Options
    doyouwdoyouw Member Posts: 200 Arc User
    thecallup1 wrote: »
    im new here so plz dont ban me if i ask does any one know when the accound server thingy is back on i wanne play dis game real bad i got it yesterdayand killd some bork and safed some peapol and does any one know the anwser on the things i aks in my first post

Best post ever!
    Dyslexus of Brog would be proud! :s

I had trouble understanding and answering him earlier but knowing he's not english native helped me avoiding making fun of him.
    I think that's called leniency !

Now you can try speaking Dutch (duddutcher) or even French (me) or even spanish german, etc and see how people will make fun of you ;)

Nah. But by the same token, being a monolingual dumb*** means that I wouldn't even try posting on a a website that doesn't communicate in the only language my tiny brain can comprehend,

indeed, then what are you still doing here sir ? :p

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Grammar+TRIBBLE

Why do we have skulls on our caps?
    Are we the baddies?

Pirates are fun !

would you prefer Rat TRIBBLE ? :p

for those who have no idea what we're talking about :
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hn1VxaMEjRU
    Dark Side (KDF)
    HOUSE OF BORG
    "I am FLATULUS of Borg, Resistance if Futile! Prepare to pull my finger!"

cube.jpg
  • Options
    mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User

Now there is no Engage button and the launcher gets stuck on "attempting to connect to controller tracker"

I think that is not a mac-specific problem. I have that on my Windows PC, too.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • Options
    johnwatson71johnwatson71 Member Posts: 187 Arc User

yeah but the mac client was already completely broken where windows users could actually get in game. so yeah as far as mac users go, things have gotten worse.
    7aamriW.png
  • Options
    tymerstotymersto Member Posts: 433 Arc User

Same here...

Thank you for the time...

STO CBT Player - 400 day+ Vet, Currently Silver
    Cryptic, would you actulaly like me to spend actual Money? It's Simple:
    • Full, Story-driven, select from start 1-50 Klingon Side
    • Scrap current Lock Box & Lobi system for something more reasonable
    • Expand Dil and Rep/Fleet Marks to regular story content
  • Options
    kjwashingtonkjwashington Member Posts: 2,529 Arc User
    thx for the help and now i wil talk some dutch wie dit leest en snapt kan nederlands deze taal is voor veel niet makkelijk te spreken door bij voor beeld de G die op een andere manier uitspreken dan de rest van de wereld So dont complain plz im not as good at english than you are but im at liest traying to learn it i would say go to you tube type vakogames and try to understand it. and doyouw again thx

I really hate to be that guy (since the other guy was being a jerk to you), but technically posting in different languages is against the forum rules.
    FaW%20meme_zpsbkzfjonz.jpg
    Support 90 degree arc limitation on BFaW! Save our ships from looking like flying disco balls of dumb!
  • Options
    skiptomalooskiptomaloo Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    Not sure about Mac users, had the same issue on PC. Exited out of the Star Trek Online.exe launcher. Ran the ARC launcher, logged in and found this missing tracker no problems... give it a try.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    swamarianswamarian Member Posts: 1,506 Arc User
    Woot! I'm in.
  • Options
    lance1967lance1967 Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    Actually, I mentioned far more technically speaking than I tend to. Talking about the AccountServer and calling that out as a restart is unconventional by my standards. I usually joke around about only knowing how to make blogs and take pictures, and that they don't let me around the servers. I actually am aware of a little more than that. I spent about an hour talking to and subsequently grilling one of our networking engineers (he's a nice guy).

You see, when I do post an update with technical information, it can be widely misinterpreted. The mere mention of a restart, which is by all means a rather standard industry practice, already invokes a sense of concern by some. I'm not proficient enough to afford a full technical breakdown, so I generally lean on the side of "we're doing stuff" because otherwise it can be grossly misinterpreted. A little bit of knowledge and suddenly people panic. So instead I generally prefer to keep you posted as the interpreter of progress, rather than the 1-to-1 relay. That and an occasional quip. Tis my nature.

Trendy - you just keep on doing things the way you have been. Your constant interaction with the STO universe is light years ahead of any other MMO universe! ...and I enjoy your wacky humor!

Have a great weekend and make sure they compensate you for working on your day off!!

Lance
  • Options
    maddscottmaddscott Member Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited October 2015

And Windows OS as well..

Happens with ARC launcher and non-ARC launcher as well..
  • Options
    kyrrokkyrrok Member Posts: 1,352 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    I'm still not getting in either. was that 7-9am Pacific, or First City time? =)
  • Options
    yris1yris1 Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    stuck on "patching" now... (Win7 OS)
  • Options
    khalifriakhalifria Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    Attempting to connect to controller tracker..
  • Options
    rhodgherrhodgher Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    Waited 20min. Closed the launcher. Started ARC. Guess what: attempting to connect to controller tracker...
    ARC doesn't work either.
  • Options
    gfreeman98gfreeman98 Member Posts: 1,200 Arc User
    Who Tracks the Trackers?

(Watchmen reference...)
    screenshot_2015-03-01-resize4.png
  • Options
    mayito2009mayito2009 Member Posts: 643 Arc User
    Yesterday I had problems connecting with ARC, seems ARC is having some issues.
    Seek and ye shall find. Ask and ye shall receive. Rabboni
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety" (Benjamin Franklin).

Most unexpectedly, this turned into a flame-fest! Closed it goes!. /sigh What flamefestery is this? pwlaughingtrendy
  • Options
    doyouwdoyouw Member Posts: 200 Arc User
    Hunters decided we used their STO network long enough so they decided to jam us all and are now going after each of us one by one !
    Dark Side (KDF)
    HOUSE OF BORG
    "I am FLATULUS of Borg, Resistance if Futile! Prepare to pull my finger!"

cube.jpg
  • Options
    salnaracretusalnaracretu Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    mayito2009 wrote: »
    Do you know what we need in this forum? A clock where everyone can see at what time in their time zone the maintenance starts and ends. Maybe on the top of the page, everytime maintenance starts a banner pops and it tells us how many hours until we can play again. I hope this idea gets approved and a shinny T6 comes my way. (LOL)

Just to give a tip here: You can adjust your windows-clock to display as much timezones as you wish. I just added PDT and UTC, so no more confusion about that (even if the UTC time in launcher wasn't correct). This definetly works from Win7 on, don't know if previous versions support it as well.

vK7mfkz.jpg?1

The option can be found by right-clicking on the clock, choosing clock properties (if its called like that in english versions) and then there should be a link or tab for additional clock properties from which you can get to an option for adding more timezones.
    “Change is the essential process of all existence.” – Spock

Join the GTribe MASSIVE UPRISING giveaway
  • Options
    captaind3captaind3 Member Posts: 2,449 Arc User
    thecallup1 wrote: »
    swamarian wrote: »
    szim wrote: »
    They are doing accountserver and network maintenance. They won't be fixing bugs today.

I'm sure that they'll be fixing bugs today. They just won't be patching. (Or maybe they're having an early Halloween, and getting drunk on pumpkin vodka.)

as long as they dont start drinking my
    2x Voh'dka
    1x Smir'noff
    1x Amah'retto

(in game chars)

;)

Don't forget your Melchizedek!

NOW WE KNOW !!! ;)
    And knowing is half the battle.
    STO Unlocked!

Sweet.
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo9_r1_400.gif
    "Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many — they are few"
  • Options
    elywaerelywaer Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    I'm not getting past "Attempting to connect to controller tracker". Are the servers or whatever still being worked on?
  • Options
    rhodgherrhodgher Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    Nice tip about those extra clocks
  • Options
    tyriniussstyriniusss Member Posts: 317 Arc User
    mayito2009 wrote: »
    Do you know what we need in this forum? A clock where everyone can see at what time in their time zone the maintenance starts and ends. Maybe on the top of the page, everytime maintenance starts a banner pops and it tells us how many hours until we can play again. I hope this idea gets approved and a shinny T6 comes my way. (LOL)

Just to give a tip here: You can adjust your windows-clock to display as much timezones as you wish. I just added PDT and UTC, so no more confusion about that (even if the UTC time in launcher wasn't correct). This definetly works from Win7 on, don't know if previous versions support it as well.

vK7mfkz.jpg?1

The option can be found by right-clicking on the clock, choosing clock properties (if its called like that in english versions) and then there should be a link or tab for additional clock properties from which you can get to an option for adding more timezones.

Great How-To! Especially for the people in charge of the Launcher, or practically anyone doing announcements.
    The whole reason UTC is exists is so everyone only needs to know one thing: where they are currently related to UTC. So giving out times in UTC in a global service can avoid a LOT of confusion.
    Trendy (or was it Smirk? Or probably both) DID give use UTC in addition to PST for some time, but then it suddenly stopped.

Please Trendy, do that again. You'll get a virtual cookie!
  • Options
    toaster802toaster802 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    Tracker still broken.
  • Options
    arionisaarionisa Member Posts: 1,421 Arc User
    Wow, 4 days of not being able to play with the game crashing immediately after the map loads, then, this morning I finally get in ...... with 30 minutes to go before the servers go down.
    It is now a few hours later, and besides now having a controller/tracker that seems to have gone AWOL, when it does get past that, it is right back to crashing as soon as the first map loads. No free ship, no free inventory slots, looks like I'm not gonna get whatever the first weeks reward is for the new mission either, or the one for Hearts and Minds, even though I have at least TRIED to play every single day.......
    LTS and loving it.
    Ariotex.png
  • Options
    lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    STO Unlocked!

The server maybe, the tracker went to take a hike somehwere.
  • Options
    mastergeek63mastergeek63 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    I'm in.
    Thank you LaughingTrendy for all our communications and keep up the good work. Don't let the complainers get to you.
    I like your sense of humour(Canadian/UK spelling) too!
  • Options
    seriousdaveseriousdave Member Posts: 2,777 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    Isn't it always nice when their maintances break something and no info is given?

There's definitely something going on.
    Couple tries and nothing worked. Then it magically let me in but when I alt-tabbed it crahsed. Then after a couple more tries where it couldn't reach the tracker and right now I made it in again....
    Someone needs to keep track of that tracker.
  • Options
    aucknhueaucknhue Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    is there any updates on status of controller tracker situation? looks like some people can get in while others like myself are stuck trying to get past the controller tracker. What kind of feedback does the team need in order to help them resolve this issue?

Auck