test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Admirality: ToS connie is evil?

monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
edited November 2015 in Ten Forward
Did anyone notice the stats on the ToS Light Cruiser from the c-store?
The admirality token has:
6 Eng
6 Tac
6 Sci

I guess that's why we got no end game connie.......cause somebody thinks it's the devil? :open_mouth: LoL

ToS%20connie%20is%20evil_zpss3gpylv8.jpg~original
Post edited by monkeybone13 on

Comments

• huntor2huntor2 Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    I don't get it
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,018 Community Moderator
    So... she's a well balanced T1 cruiser that is a jack of all trades type...
    *shrug*
    No one's saying anything about the Miranda being almost evil. :p
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • gulberatgulberat Member Posts: 5,505 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    Its stats actually make sense compared to the Miranda. Not up to 25th century standards at all but juuuust that little bit more powerful to edge out the Miranda in head-to-head combat (and by "edge out" I mean "barely survive intact"). Pretty much fits with what we see in TWOK. ;)

Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM for more. :-)
    Proudly F2P.  Signature image by gulberat. Avatar image by balsavor.deviantart.com.
  • daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    She not Evil..., She's just drawn that way.
    B)

Personally, I think the Reliant should be 5-6-5.
    She did have Phaser Cannons compared to the Enterprise's Phaser Beams and the Photons fired both forward and backward from the pod.
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
    daveyny wrote: »
    She did have Phaser Cannons compared to the Enterprise's Phaser Beams and the Photons fired both forward and backward from the pod.

Technically... they fired the same phasers. While the Reliant did have an apparent advantage in having rear firing torpedoes, which at the time we didn't know if Enterprise had that capability herself. The only time we saw a Constitution class fire a rear torpedo or rear phasers was actually the Defiant in the mirror episodes of Enterprise, and that was a pre-refit Connie.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • mackbolan01mackbolan01 Member Posts: 580 Arc User
    only reason kirk got his nose bloodied was b/c khan got in a sneak attack and in so doing took out the forward portside torpedo tube,and if i mis-remember it there are at least 6 dual phaser banks just on the saucer alone. would haveta dig out the tech manual to see where the rest of the phaser banks are located......and i'm too tired to do that...........​​
  • dlmc85dlmc85 Member Posts: 145 Arc User
    Lol, never noticed that XD
  • turbomagnusturbomagnus Member Posts: 3,479 Arc User
    I guess that's why we got no end game connie.......cause somebody thinks it's the devil? :open_mouth: LoL

Probably Starfleet Command, circa 2268 or so - after all, they're the ones who had to deal with all the reports of Kirk's... shenanigans, shall we say...

Seriously though, it makes sense if one considers that even though STO classifies them both as 'Light Cruisers', in TOS/the movies, while the Miranda was a 'Light Cruiser', the Constitution-class was a 'Starship' or full 'Cruiser', so it'd have just that touch more to it.
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross; but it's not for the timid." -- Q, TNG: "Q-Who?"
    ^Words that every player should keep in mind, especially whenever there's a problem with the game...
  • coupaholiccoupaholic Member Posts: 2,188 Arc User
    coldnapalm wrote: »
    huntor2 wrote: »
    I don't get it

666 is the number of the devil.

*takes out his smartass glasses*

Actually sir, it has been proven that 616 is the true number of the devil. But I believe that is only because 616 was found in an older version of the bible, and perhaps other interpretations exist.

I'm only going on what I learned on QI.​​
  • khan5000khan5000 Member Posts: 3,007 Arc User

Probably Starfleet Command, circa 2268 or so - after all, they're the ones who had to deal with all the reports of Kirk's... shenanigans, shall we say...

Seriously though, it makes sense if one considers that even though STO classifies them both as 'Light Cruisers', in TOS/the movies, while the Miranda was a 'Light Cruiser', the Constitution-class was a 'Starship' or full 'Cruiser', so it'd have just that touch more to it.

Admiral: "Did you really just file a report that you destroyed the Greek God Apollo?"
    Kirk: "Yes, sir."
    Admiral: "Hogwash. No more BS in the official reports."
    Kirk: I guess I should mention I just met Abraham Lincoln."
    Admiral:"Get out...now."
    Your pain runs deep.
    Let us explore it... together. Each man hides a secret pain. It must be exposed and reckoned with. It must be dragged from the darkness and forced into the light. Share your pain. Share your pain with me... and gain strength from the sharing.
  • crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,113 Arc User
    I'd say it's a sort of in joke on many levels by the STO Dev team; because once T6 ships hit - cries for a "T5 Connie" stopped and cries for a "T6 Connie" began (and I'm one of those still "crying' for Cryptic to add a T6 Connie to the game - CBS be dammed.)

Thus I guess that was their compromise on the T6 Connie issue as the original 1701 Connie ship card has 6's for all stats in the TRIBBLE. ;)
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • taylor1701dtaylor1701d Member Posts: 3,099 Arc User
    Happy Halloween, Kirk is the Devil.
    :P
    [img][/img]OD5urLn.jpg
  • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    coupaholic wrote: »
    coldnapalm wrote: »
    I don't get it

666 is the number of the devil.

*takes out his smartass glasses*

Actually sir, it has been proven that 616 is the true number of the devil. But I believe that is only because 616 was found in an older version of the bible, and perhaps other interpretations exist.

I'm only going on what I learned on QI.​​
    I think it was proven that it was actually referring to a specific Roman leader. Not sure if it was Nero or someone like that.

Back in those days, the Jews liked to make those number-letter substitution games. And of course, political commentary wasn't without its perils.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    I think the admirality system illustrates how weird this ship tier system is. The T1 B'Rel is the Miranda counterpart with 5,5,5 while the B'Rel retrofit has much higher values. Logically, even if the B'Rel is retrofitted with better tech, it still can only have two cannons and a torpedo launcher (logically, not STO-logic). That doesn't make sense, really. Same with the Miranda which is actually still in use as a frigate/"destroyer" in DS9 and is even the only canonical ship next to Defiant to carry pulse phaser cannons. Yes, the Mirandas fill the exact same combat role as the Defiant. But there's no retrofit or modern variant of it - but the Shi'Kar skin suggests there is a modern version of it, but it's "Tier 1" so... it all makes no sense.​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
    only reason kirk got his nose bloodied was b/c khan got in a sneak attack and in so doing took out the forward portside torpedo tube,and if i mis-remember it there are at least 6 dual phaser banks just on the saucer alone. would haveta dig out the tech manual to see where the rest of the phaser banks are located......and i'm too tired to do that...........​​

Not to mention it took a direct hit in Engineering. Which took the warp drive off-line for the most of it. Going by the Motion Picture. The phasers used power from the Warp Core to work. Thus this would greatly reduced the effectiveness of them. Unless they upgraded that part since the Motion Picture. As Kirk and Decker had an order issue over that. Where Decker saved them, since Kirk didn't know about that.
    Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.
  • farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
    Interesting on that part. I wonder if they will make some adjustments?
    Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.

Lets see... at least 3 dorsal and 3 ventral... taking into consideration what was seen on the USS Defiant in the episode In a Mirror Darkly pt 2, possibly a rear emitter above the Shuttlebay if that was carried over in the refit. But that also removes the rear torpedo launcher that was set between the impulse engines...
  • therealmaddmatttherealmaddmatt Member Posts: 120 Arc User
    Comparing the number of weapon hardpoints between two ships isn't of much use, unless you can confirm that the individual weapons are of the same type. Otherwise, the Reliant had more visible hardpoints, at twelve for phasers (vs the Enterprise's eight, although it's not clear if the Reliant's rollbar guns counted as six phasers, or two with three emitter sets each), and double the torpedo tubes. Although, once again, they could easily have been less capable weapons than what the 'Prise had installed.

Not to derail an otherwise heated nerdfight, but there can be no resolution to discussions like this: there simply isn't enough information to draw a proper conclusion, regardless of how much everyone thinks they know. And really, how does the balancing of a CCG directly relate to on-screen evidence to begin with? This is an MMO we're talking about here, not a simulator...

As for the original topic, 666/616 (depending on which mistranslation you go by) isn't the Devil's mark, but is referred to as the Mark of the Beast; specifically, the Mark of the Second Beast, whom is explicitly stated to be a man. So, not El Diablo. Still quite probably evil, though.
  • dalolorndalolorn Member Posts: 3,655 Arc User
    B'rolth also has 666, does that make it the devil too? :tongue:

Infinite possibilities have implications that could not be completely understood if you turned this entire universe into a giant supercomputer.p3OEBPD6HU3QI.jpg
  • johnnymo1johnnymo1 Member Posts: 697 Arc User
    farmallm wrote: »

Not to mention it took a direct hit in Engineering. Which took the warp drive off-line for the most of it. Going by the Motion Picture. The phasers used power from the Warp Core to work. Thus this would greatly reduced the effectiveness of them. Unless they upgraded that part since the Motion Picture. As Kirk and Decker had an order issue over that. Where Decker saved them, since Kirk didn't know about that.

The power of the phasers were increased a lot by going through the warp core, but the safetys in the warp core block out the phasers when the core is unstable. In the novel Roddenberry wrote of the motion picture, this is a defect in the design that Decker and Scottie had objected to and were over ruled, they had a plan to put in a bypass as soon as the ship would be launched and away from earth space dock.
    On a side note, I do wish the stats of the low level ships were a little bit higher. It kind of tells me there are no missions that a starter ship can go on solo? doesn't that make the start of the game a suicide run for all our characters?
  • angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    johnnymo1 wrote: »
    The power of the phasers were increased a lot by going through the warp core, but the safetys in the warp core block out the phasers when the core is unstable. In the novel Roddenberry wrote of the motion picture, this is a defect in the design that Decker and Scottie had objected to and were over ruled, they had a plan to put in a bypass as soon as the ship would be launched and away from earth space dock.
    On a side note, I do wish the stats of the low level ships were a little bit higher. It kind of tells me there are no missions that a starter ship can go on solo? doesn't that make the start of the game a suicide run for all our characters?

That's something I noticed as well. Basically, most ships below T5 are completely useless when you have to fill 150 of everything in certain missions and with "events" - I'm sure you can buy more slots to use ships at one point, but sending low level ships is only worthwhile when two T6 elite ships filled everything, then you can pack a T1 or T2 in it for the boni (double crit rate or something like that).

I'm not a big fan of simulated content or DOFF cardgames, but I don't feel the appeal of admirality, aside from a comfortable source of some XP. I just randomly select mission, slot until I have a succcess of at least 90% and of with it, I don't really pay a lot of attention... And the most efficient ships I have, as a Starfleet or KDF fleet captain, are Breen, Ferengi and what not - yeah.​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • hravikhravik Member Posts: 1,203 Arc User
    You just figured it out? Isn't it common knowledge that a TOS Connie is powered by tears and souls?
  • artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    deokkent wrote: »
    I don't get it

It's just one of those superstitious religious beliefs the ignorant masses of humans tend to have.

666 is from the coded politics of the Book of Revelation, it's not meant to be a religious belief, none of that book is. Of course that doesn't stop people believing that, but 666 isn't part of Christian doctrine.​​
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • captainchaos66captainchaos66 Member Posts: 409 Arc User
    khan5000 wrote: »

Admiral: "Did you really just file a report that you destroyed the Greek God Apollo?"
    Kirk: "Yes, sir."
    Admiral: "Hogwash. No more BS in the official reports."
    Kirk: I guess I should mention I just met Abraham Lincoln."
    Admiral:"Get out...now."

^^^^ You win post of the day!
    Fleet Admiral In charge of Bacon
    Fighting 5th Attack Squadron
    The Devils Henchman
  • monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    I only posted this thread as a joke. :/
  • unclegoldieunclegoldie Member Posts: 263 Arc User
    rattler2 wrote: »

Lets see... at least 3 dorsal and 3 ventral... taking into consideration what was seen on the USS Defiant in the episode In a Mirror Darkly pt 2, possibly a rear emitter above the Shuttlebay if that was carried over in the refit. But that also removes the rear torpedo launcher that was set between the impulse engines...

In actuality, along with the phaser banks on the saucer, on the secondary hull of the Constitution refit there is a set of four phasers (not sure if any are paired) about halfway up the bottom of the hull (surrounding the running light there) plus another pair (maybe a bank(?)) just above the shuttlebay doors.

As far as whether or not the class is evil, there were, supposedly, 12 other Constitution-Class starships flying around in Kirk's time so I would hope that would offset the trouble Kirk kept causing.
    Epohh Vindaloo and beer milkshakes for everyone
    jH7LGEi.jpg