Comments

• Options
    bobbydazlersbobbydazlers Member Posts: 4,534 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    flash525 wrote: »
    #1: Inventory Slot
    #2: Gamma Doff Pack (per account)
    #3: Marks Park (per character)
    #4: [speculation] Upgrade (or) Fleet Ship Token (x1)
    #5: [speculation] D'Kyr (cause they're running out of other ships to release)

judging from the calibre of the free items and that they actually seem to be reducing in value now especially for players with 6 or less characters I would not hold out hope for anything spectacular, still its all free so much appreciated.

for myself with 6 characters.

#1: Inventory Slot (per character) - total value 2400zen
    #2: Gamma Doff Pack (per account) - total value 275zen
    #3: Marks Pack (per character) - total value 6k dilithium (about 240zen at current exchange rate)

for player with 1 character.

#1: Inventory Slot - total value 400zen
    #2: Gamma Doff Pack - total value 275zen
    #3: Marks Pack - total value 1k dilithium (about 40zen at current exchange rate)

When I think about everything we've been through together,

maybe it's not the destination that matters, maybe it's the journey,

and if that journey takes a little longer,

so we can do something we all believe in,

I can't think of any place I'd rather be or any people I'd rather be with.

• Options
    angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    (...)

Now I'd buy that for a do... um, claim that freebie pig-2.gif Would be perfect in my opinion. But seeing what we got so far I assume we'll get an admirality ship starter pack or something like that and a tribble or something.​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • Options
    warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    I'd say there will be a costume and a (low-tier) ship.

They'll never "run out" of ships to give as freebies. They can and have given the same ship multiple times.
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    angrytarg wrote: »
    (...)

Now I'd buy that for a do... um, claim that freebie pig-2.gif Would be perfect in my opinion. But seeing what we got so far I assume we'll get an admirality ship starter pack or something like that and a tribble or something.​​

I would not count on getting an admiralty ship starter pack, the admiralty system and packs wont exist till after this event ends.
    you might be correct about the tribble though.

• Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    Maybe they'll use the old mirror costume as a freebie?
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    plaztikman64plaztikman64 Member Posts: 725 Arc User
    One bottle of Romulan Ale, bind in pickup, one character only. :wink:
  • Options
    lordsteve1lordsteve1 Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    There's still a heap of ships they could give away if you take into account that with T6 anything lower is now inferior and less desirable.
    So anything like the São Paulo class, Bellerophron class etc are potential. Even though they are higher tier they are still well down the list in terms of power these days and I doubt anyone buys them except for the costumes.
    SulMatuul.png
  • Options
    artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    Kamarag.​​
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    lordsteve1 wrote: »
    There's still a heap of ships they could give away if you take into account that with T6 anything lower is now inferior and less desirable.
    So anything like the São Paulo class, Bellerophron class etc are potential. Even though they are higher tier they are still well down the list in terms of power these days and I doubt anyone buys them except for the costumes.

I don't believe they will give away a C-Store T6 ship. But what I can see them doing is giving away a lower tier version of a planned T6 release (For example, the Defiant.) It would be useful because it would encourage sales on the T6 version since the consoles usually make a set. Generally speaking, a ship give away usually consists of something that isn't selling, so I would expect something like this instead of one of the T6 ships.

Not saying it's impossible, heck.. they gave away the Andromeda a while back just to get people to return. It's not out of the question, but I do believe it's unlikely.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • Options
    lordsteve1lordsteve1 Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    I'm not saying they'll give away a T6, just that as the ship tiers go higher those below are less desirable so it opens them up as giveaway potential.

Anything lower than rear admiral level is fair game really as all are less desirable than a full T6 ship and probably sell less.
    SulMatuul.png
  • Options

I don't believe they will give away a C-Store T6 ship. But what I can see them doing is giving away a lower tier version of a planned T6 release (For example, the Defiant.) It would be useful because it would encourage sales on the T6 version since the consoles usually make a set. Generally speaking, a ship give away usually consists of something that isn't selling, so I would expect something like this instead of one of the T6 ships.
    The T4 Defiant is at least somewhat plausible. The T5, not so much.
  • Options
    artan42 wrote: »
    Kamarag.​​

A rerun of the T5 Kamarag and Ambassador would be pure awesome. Unlikely, though.
  • Options
    toivatoiva Member Posts: 3,276 Arc User

judging from the calibre of the free items and that they actually seem to be reducing in value now especially for players with 6 or less characters I would not hold out hope for anything spectacular, still its all free so much appreciated.

#3: Marks Pack (per character) - total value 6k dilithium (about 240zen at current exchange rate)

#3: Marks Pack - total value 1k dilithium (about 40zen at current exchange rate)

Particularly the first day giveaway gets really interesting when you start considering accounts with dozens of characters. Then even the third day giveaway does easily surpass the second day.

It really makes it seem like the first day should have been one character per account only and someone didn't link up the conditions properly. (Not that I complain though, I really like the hundreds of Inventory slots I got.)
    TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix, Toveg, T'vritha, To Vrax: Bring in the Allegiance class.
    Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia, Ty'Vris, Tia Vex, Toi'Virth: Add Tier 6 KDF Carrier and Raider.
    Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var, Tevra, T'Vira, To'Vrak: Give us Asylums for Romulans.

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!
  • Options
    warpangel wrote: »
    Kamarag.

A rerun of the T5 Kamarag and Ambassador would be pure awesome. Unlikely, though.

The T5 Ambassador was a freebie some time ago, reclaimable even from the c-store for those who grabbed it. The Klingon equivalent, though, not.​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • Options
    angrytarg wrote: »
    Kamarag.

The T5 Ambassador was a freebie some time ago, reclaimable even from the c-store for those who grabbed it. The Klingon equivalent, though, not.​​

So I've heard. Its not in my C-Store though. I must have either missed it or ignored it because my fed already had it from the original event.

Kinda stupid not make it reclaimable for people who earned it the first time, but at least I haven't dismissed the one I have so I can still get the admiralty card for it.

But reruns are your friend, so giving it (and reclaimable) would still be pure awesome.
  • Options
    gulberatgulberat Member Posts: 5,505 Arc User

Given that lower ships now have a bit of value for the Admiralty system, I am actually wondering if this will be the first year there is no ship giveaway. :/

Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM for more. :-)
    Proudly F2P.  Signature image by gulberat. Avatar image by balsavor.deviantart.com.
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    toiva wrote: »

Particularly the first day giveaway gets really interesting when you start considering accounts with dozens of characters. Then even the third day giveaway does easily surpass the second day.

It really makes it seem like the first day should have been one character per account only and someone didn't link up the conditions properly. (Not that I complain though, I really like the hundreds of Inventory slots I got.)

the thing is like I said in another thread - "as a great many of the player base is FTP there is probably more players with less then 6 characters then there is with more."

its almost like they give out the first 3 items in reverse order.
    it will certainly be interesting to see what the next two giveaways are.

• Options
    gulberat wrote: »

Given that lower ships now have a bit of value for the Admiralty system, I am actually wondering if this will be the first year there is no ship giveaway. :/

Another good reason to give Ambassador/Kamarag...its not sold normally.
  • Options
    flash525flash525 Member Posts: 5,441 Arc User
    Given that lower ships now have a bit of value for the Admiralty system, I am actually wondering if this will be the first year there is no ship giveaway.
    From what some people were saying in game chat yesterday (people that have played the new admiralty system on tribble) the speculation/rumour going around that we can use all out old ships in the admiralty system is false. Any ship older than Tier 5 (I think it was) doesn't get used.

attachment.php?attachmentid=42556&d=1518094222
  • Options
    questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,414 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    Given that lower ships now have a bit of value for the Admiralty system, I am actually wondering if this will be the first year there is no ship giveaway.
    From what some people were saying in game chat yesterday (people that have played the new admiralty system on tribble) the speculation/rumour going around that we can use all out old ships in the admiralty system is false. Any ship older than Tier 5 (I think it was) doesn't get used.

Haven't really paid too much attention to the ship classes, but that sounds about right. I wonder if it is an oversight or a feature.

Edit: Just recalled that mirror ships can be used so if there is a cut-off then it's T4.​​
    Post edited by questerius on
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    tom61stotom61sto Member Posts: 3,652 Arc User
    When I last tested it (about a patch ago) I was able to use my Tier 3s and 4s no problem. I didn't have any T1 or T2 ships on the characters I had on there, so didn't test those, but given the discount that's being applied come S11, it's in Cryptic's best monetary interest to have those usable.
  • Options
    Please don't spread stupid rumors. Even if some people may take the word of random strangers in game chat over the devs, anyone can easily verify that all ships have admiralty cards by logging into tribble themselves.
  • Options
    daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    questerius wrote: »
    daveyny wrote: »
    Everybody go claim your Gamma Pack... quick.

Indeed, you only have 23 hours and roughly 30 minutes to claim it left. :expressionless:

So.. at this point the inventory slots for day one and Gamma doff pack for day two are known, but what will day 3,4 (and 5?) bring.​​

My point being that when I claimed my DOff's, I got TWO PACKS.
    It's listed as A (as in ONE) DOff pack give-a-way.
    It probably didn't change, but I was hinting for folks to do it before it did.
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • Options
    daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited October 2015

Indeed, you only have 23 hours and roughly 30 minutes to claim it left. :expressionless:

So.. at this point the inventory slots for day one and Gamma doff pack for day two are known, but what will day 3,4 (and 5?) bring.​​

Day 3...
    A (ONE) Specialization Point for A (ONE) Toon.
    (unless They code it wrong again. in which case, folks better scramble before it gets changed)
    B)
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • Options
    flash525flash525 Member Posts: 5,441 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    Please don't spread stupid rumors. Even if some people may take the word of random strangers in game chat over the devs, anyone can easily verify that all ships have admiralty cards by logging into tribble themselves.
    I was only passing on the information I saw, it came from a fellow fleet member, I had no reason to suspect it was incorrect. However upon investigation (yes, I signed into Tribble myself) I can confirm that all ships are usable.

Crisis averted.
    attachment.php?attachmentid=42556&d=1518094222
  • Options
    questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,414 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    I was only passing on the information I saw, it came from a fellow fleet member, I had no reason to suspect it was incorrect. However upon investigation (yes, I signed into Tribble myself) I can confirm that all ships are usable.

Crisis averted.

That's going to be a lost of claiming/discarding ships to get all the cards.​ on Tuesday.​​
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    tom61stotom61sto Member Posts: 3,652 Arc User
    edited October 2015

Day 3...
    (unless They code it wrong again. in which case, folks better scramble before it gets changed)
    B)

Nope! Two per char, WAI.

"Today’s fourth giveaway item is a Spec Points Giveaway! Grant every character on your account with two specialization points (must be level 60 to unpack)."

Edit: or broken horribly... one of the two, not showing up for most people...
  • Options
    gulberatgulberat Member Posts: 5,505 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    tom61sto wrote: »

Day 3...
    B)

Nope! Two per char, WAI.

"Today’s fourth giveaway item is a Spec Points Giveaway! Grant every character on your account with two specialization points (must be level 60 to unpack)."

Careful...the German version of the announcement said it was for ONE CHARACTER ONLY.

EDIT: Official word of Trendy in the main thread--the German announcement was wrong. She explicitly confirmed one spec point PER CHARACTER.

Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM for more. :-)
    Proudly F2P.  Signature image by gulberat. Avatar image by balsavor.deviantart.com.
  • Options
    Meh. I'd say we have indeed been spoiled with ship giveaways when now it's all about white doffs, spec points, r&d packs or 100 marks (in-game effort to earn: ten minutes). Yeah, I sound horrible but... meh. I miss the days one was excited about those.​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
  • Options
    tom61sto wrote: »

Day 3...
    B)

Nope! Two per char, WAI.

Careful...the German version of the announcement said it was for ONE CHARACTER ONLY.

EDIT: Official word of Trendy in the main thread--the German announcement was wrong. She explicitly confirmed one spec point PER CHARACTER.

that's once per character not one point per character.

This discussion has been closed.