test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Future Flyer Powerboard

Comments

• Options
    lindalefflindaleff Member Posts: 3,734 Arc User
    Ummm. Is this some Back To The Future anniversary?
    I completed a 2-man CSE, ISE, and KASE, Optionals included. And I soloed Winter Invasion.
    My Ship Builds: USS Conqueror, HMS Victorious, HMS Concord, ISS Queen Elizabeth, Black Widow III
    Click here to view my DeviantArt.
  • Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,281 Arc User
    no, this is apparently the exact day, month and year they all arrived in during the film​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • Options
    captinwh0captinwh0 Member Posts: 783 Arc User
    for all asking the board is a risa only item
    nerf.jpg]
  • Options
    tarran61tarran61 Member Posts: 827 Arc User
    Getting it on Risa and TrekRadio, love the new board!!
    Positive thoughts.
    NeAC.gif
  • Options
    hartzillahartzilla Member Posts: 1,177 Arc User
    phrg wrote: »
    And game immersion dies a little bit more...

:/

Actually the temporal agent guy explains how we can have them.
    Uh... last time i checked.. it didn't work on water.. and here.. it works ONLY in water on risa. That is VERY incorrect.
    Please Next time you do something like this.. Stick to the Facts.

The temporal agent guy also explains that they fixed that particular design flaw.
  • Options
    shadowfirefly00shadowfirefly00 Member Posts: 1,026 Arc User
    This is amusing. It would be even better with Marty's jacket.
  • Options
    tinyfistedtinyfisted Member Posts: 193 Arc User
    gulberat wrote: »
    I'd ask about the Delorean as well, but it seems to have been dismantled. The Flux Capacitor is sitting in a case on the Krenim conference room in the episode "Midnight".

Is there seriously a flux capacitor-looking object in that episode?? O_O

Yep.
    86B6EC45459D17DB8AE6CD5F51C13A90CDC00A85
  • Options
    tostrek2012tostrek2012 Member Posts: 71 Arc User
    "It can only be used on the ocean of Risa." I logged in for 2 mins and then logged out.
  • Options
    medalionemissarymedalionemissary Member Posts: 612 Arc User
    This is 2410... this is a retrofit Hoverboard to look like the one from 2015, but has modern benefits... aka MORE POWAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAAHA
    Deep Space Nine in HD, make it so!
  • Options
    rayyzeerayyzee Member Posts: 124 Arc User
    I am surprised this isn't an award for which fleet can sell their assets more on Drozana.
  • Options
    monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    lucho80 wrote: »
    Back to the Future day!!! Yay!

Trendy, please, please, fix all this wasted space in forum posts.
    I'm talking to people and trying. I HAVE NOT YET SUCCESSFULLY CLONED MYSELF.

Why clone yourself when you can go back in time, to help yourself, or your future self can travel back to help you?​​
    entnx01 wrote: »
    Trendy, if we claim this board once on one character, will the option to claim it stick around for *all* characters on the account after the week is up?
    I'll double check, but I'd recommend you claim it on all characters.

Strange. I seem to be able to claim as many as I want on a single character, having multiple copies in my inventory. The text in the c-store doesn't indicate much as to whether it's a permanent unlock. Shouldn't it be at least limited to 1 per character but if you discard it you can claim another? :confused:
  • Options
    thetaninethetanine Member Posts: 1,367 Arc User
    We're happy to announce that starting today at 10am and running through Monday October 26th at 10am we’ll be giving away a free, account unlocked Future Flyer powerboard to everyone that logs in and collects it from the C-Store!

You can see the Future Flyer powerboard here.

~LaughingTrendy

Check this (Real Life?!?) stuff out:

Back to the Future NIKE MAG self-lacing sneakers details emerging http://www.slashgear.com/back-to-the-future-nike-mag-self-lacing-sneakers-details-emerging-21410936/​​
    STAR TREK
    lD8xc9e.png
  • Options
    devencombsdevencombs Member Posts: 222 Arc User
    Wow, this is heavy!
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    gulberat wrote: »
    I'd ask about the Delorean as well, but it seems to have been dismantled. The Flux Capacitor is sitting in a case on the Krenim conference room in the episode "Midnight".
    Is there seriously a flux capacitor-looking object in that episode?? O_O
    Yeah, look on the shelves in the meeting room.
    lindaleff wrote: »
    Ummm. Is this some Back To The Future anniversary?
    They time-traveled forward to 21-Oct-2015.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    lilchibiclarililchibiclari Member Posts: 1,193 Arc User

Well, portable fusion reactors capable of outputting over 1.21 Gigawatts are commonplace in 2410, so they shouldn't have any trouble making it function.
  • Options
    turbomagnusturbomagnus Member Posts: 3,479 Arc User

Well, portable fusion reactors capable of outputting over 1.21 Gigawatts are commonplace in 2410, so they shouldn't have any trouble making it function.

DeLorean was smashed at the end of the third movie, remember - Flux Capacitor was the largest surviving piece (unless one counts the cartoon series where it was rebuilt)...

But even without fusion reactors themselves, there's weather control systems; no more waiting around hoping for lightning to strike the right place at the right time.
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross; but it's not for the timid." -- Q, TNG: "Q-Who?"
    ^Words that every player should keep in mind, especially whenever there's a problem with the game...
  • Options
    monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    lucho80 wrote: »
    Back to the Future day!!! Yay!

Trendy, please, please, fix all this wasted space in forum posts.
    I'm talking to people and trying. I HAVE NOT YET SUCCESSFULLY CLONED MYSELF.

Why clone yourself when you can go back in time, to help yourself, or your future self can travel back to help you?​​
    Trendy, if we claim this board once on one character, will the option to claim it stick around for *all* characters on the account after the week is up?
    I'll double check, but I'd recommend you claim it on all characters.

Strange. I seem to be able to claim as many as I want on a single character, having multiple copies in my inventory. The text in the c-store doesn't indicate much as to whether it's a permanent unlock. Shouldn't it be at least limited to 1 per character but if you discard it you can claim another? :confused:

Dev blog says
    ....we’ll be giving away a free, account unlocked Future Flyer power board to everyone that logs in and collects it from the C-Store.
  • Options
    giliongilion Member Posts: 686 Arc User
    This is the best thing to come home to after watching all 3 movies in theaters :D
    Also, thank you captanjakeraines on page 1 for letting me know Doc's son is a doff, hopefully the 10mil I just dropped on the only one on the exchange wasnt too much. :P
    Got mine just need a delorean now
    NO TO ARC
    Vice Admiral Volmack ISS Thundermole
    Brigadier General Jokag IKS Gorkan
    Centurion Kares RRW Tomalak
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    luddimusluddimus Member Posts: 133 Arc User
    Could easy be made to fit everywhere, replace the graphic for frosted boots and keep everything else. low traction, only out of combat and kick thrusts.
  • Options
    captainkccaptainkc Member Posts: 111 Arc User
    2) The new power board obviously uses the same code as the Risa boards, which aren't built for use anywhere else. Making this one work anywhere would require significantly more coding, which they probably couldn't justify just for a one-off thing to celebrate a movie.

I can verify what RS is saying, the Future Flyer is similar to the regular Risa boards from the vendors. It has purple exhaust trails and engine noise even though the BTTF movie's hoverboard has no such effect (we are talking about the PWE coders who confused the Beta quadrant for the Alpha, after all).

The C-Store description seems to be written in haste: "Claim this unique Mini-Powerboard the "Future Flyer". Powerboards can be used only on the oceans of Risa" (verbatim). Only useful in the Summer Resort and Classic Beach maps.

It's a nice little toy since I never bothered with participating in the Risa surfing contest or buying a board anyway.
    People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect. But actually from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint it's more like a big ball of wibbly-wobbly timey-wimey ... stuff. --the Doctor, "Blink"
  • Options
    dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    I'm sure someone already mentioned it... but the B2tF hoverboard didn't work over water. And ours only does (on Risa). Lame. Really wanted to use it on ESD. But thanks for the extra thing I'll never use.
  • Options
    *gasp* I just watched this clip...

The Targ mini-board! That's Biff's TARG MINIBOARD!!! SQUEEEEE!!!!
  • Options
    I'm sure someone already mentioned it... but the B2tF hoverboard didn't work over water. And ours only does (on Risa). Lame. Really wanted to use it on ESD. But thanks for the extra thing I'll never use.

If you rewatch the scene, Biff's cronies point out that hoverboards don't work on water... unless they have power. Well, this hoverboard replica has the power option, like Biff's Targ Board. :D
  • Options
    gulberatgulberat Member Posts: 5,505 Arc User
    captainkc wrote: »
    2) The new power board obviously uses the same code as the Risa boards, which aren't built for use anywhere else. Making this one work anywhere would require significantly more coding, which they probably couldn't justify just for a one-off thing to celebrate a movie.

I can verify what RS is saying, the Future Flyer is similar to the regular Risa boards from the vendors. It has purple exhaust trails and engine noise even though the BTTF movie's hoverboard has no such effect (we are talking about the PWE coders who confused the Beta quadrant for the Alpha, after all).

That or if they got TOO close to the original they'd risk getting hit with copyright infringement. Kinda like how the "lightsaber" in came can't act TOO much like a lightsaber or else.

Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM for more. :-)
    Proudly F2P.  Signature image by gulberat. Avatar image by balsavor.deviantart.com.
  • Options
    bobbydazlersbobbydazlers Member Posts: 4,534 Arc User
    Uh, why hasnt anyone asked this obvious question....

What maps is this limited to? Use this anywhere?
    Do i ever have to walk on ESD anymore?

Im concerned its a limited use item like risan stuff.

actually you can only use it at Hill Valley.

When I think about everything we've been through together,

maybe it's not the destination that matters, maybe it's the journey,

and if that journey takes a little longer,

so we can do something we all believe in,

I can't think of any place I'd rather be or any people I'd rather be with.

• Options
    depc101 wrote: »
    Sweet...ow wait can "only usable ovar water on risa" pointless waste of inventry space.
    HoverBoards-Dont-Work-On-Water.png
    Nice gesture but bit of a shame, I have never ever been to Risa, even once and I've been playing on and off since beta, I know I really need to get round to it though.

I have seen no official word as to where or where not you can use this item, don't assume by speculation, get it and if you never use it what doesn't matter, if its a c-store you should be able to discard it and reclaim it as you feel the need.

• Options
    nadiezja wrote: »
    I love that this is a thing, but have kind of a salient question.

Will my future characters be able to claim it, once I've unlocked it in the store? Do I need to go through and claim it on all my characters now? I'm actually doing that second, but knowing the answer might help others.

Trendy has said she'd look into it, but it'd be best to claim them now if possible.

That tells me the initial answer is "No, but I'll check to be sure."

if that is indeed the case then 1 more item I will claim but never use :(

• Options
    ak255ak255 Member Posts: 317 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    That moment you realize something from a movie from Universal Studios is in a game from a TV/movie series from Paramount :p

Can we get the Millennium Falcon next?