What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Future Flyer Powerboard

Comments

• Options
    mayito2009mayito2009 Member Posts: 643 Arc User
    Like the good old Scotty said:

"Do you mind a little advice? Starfleet captains are like children. They want everything right now and they want it their way. But the secret is to give them only what they need, not what they want".
    Seek and ye shall find. Ask and ye shall receive. Rabboni
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety" (Benjamin Franklin).

Most unexpectedly, this turned into a flame-fest! Closed it goes!. /sigh What flamefestery is this? pwlaughingtrendy
  • Options
    danielhunter1991danielhunter1991 Member Posts: 91 Arc User
    YEAH this is AWESOME now we have the hover board and Verne brown (docs son) as a DoFF now all need is a shuttle of the Delorean

I like the sound of that!!!
  • Options
    turbomagnusturbomagnus Member Posts: 3,479 Arc User
    Query; since it's a "free, account unlocked Future Flyer power board", does that mean that I merely have to claim it on one character to permanently unlock it for all characters on my account like with the Polytrinic Acid Horta, Promotional Support Cruiser Retrofit and such? Or would I need to claim it for each current character individually and any future characters are out of luck?
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross; but it's not for the timid." -- Q, TNG: "Q-Who?"
    ^Words that every player should keep in mind, especially whenever there's a problem with the game...
  • Options
    mayito2009mayito2009 Member Posts: 643 Arc User
    YEAH this is AWESOME now we have the hover board and Verne brown (docs son) as a DoFF now all need is a shuttle of the Delorean

A person with excellent taste. ^^^
    Seek and ye shall find. Ask and ye shall receive. Rabboni
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety" (Benjamin Franklin).

Most unexpectedly, this turned into a flame-fest! Closed it goes!. /sigh What flamefestery is this? pwlaughingtrendy
  • Options
    depc101depc101 Member Posts: 84 Arc User
    Sweet...ow wait can "only usable ovar water on risa" pointless waste of inventry space.
    HoverBoards-Dont-Work-On-Water.png
    vqpJOX.gif
  • Options
    vonhellstingvonhellsting Member Posts: 543 Arc User
    I have my suspicions but I think Doc brown is secretly a Klingon agent in disguise.
    The Lobi Crystals are Faaaakkkkee!
  • Options
    entnx01entnx01 Member Posts: 545 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    Trendy, if we claim this board once on one character, will the option to claim it stick around for *all* characters on the account after the week is up?
  • Options
    roamingmuttroamingmutt Member Posts: 117 Arc User
    This is amazing! But I'm about to head to England and won't be back at my computer until Nov 4. Please put a purchasable one in the Store for a little while after October. PLEEEEEASE!? Or make it permanent for Lifers. It's just a little favor for a supporter who has been here since early closed-beta. :smile:
  • Options
    hyperionx09hyperionx09 Member Posts: 1,709 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    phrg wrote: »
    Er... last time I checked Halloween / Christmas were (still) religious / cultural events. BTTF is a film belonging to a different / non-ST franchise.

Will we be celebrating May the Fourth next year with a complimentary set of Storm Trooper armour? :*

Ah, but not all races celebrate the same god or cultural events, yet they all are in STO. Again, complaining about immersion when it's already lost by having actual different races still celebrating a Terran/Human event.

Well we already have Starship Troopers with Bug Hunt. So why not?

Though if Cryptic would get off their laurels and just make the Reputation Armor usable with all regular non-Rep gear, we could already be Storm Troopers.
  • Options
    pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
    lucho80 wrote: »
    Back to the Future day!!! Yay!

Trendy, please, please, fix all this wasted space in forum posts.
    I'm talking to people and trying. I HAVE NOT YET SUCCESSFULLY CLONED MYSELF.

Why clone yourself when you can go back in time, to help yourself, or your future self can travel back to help you?​​
    entnx01 wrote: »
    Trendy, if we claim this board once on one character, will the option to claim it stick around for *all* characters on the account after the week is up?
    I'll double check, but I'd recommend you claim it on all characters.
  • Options
    zigadeiczigadeic Member Posts: 113 Arc User
    How about a holodeck program commemorating the battle of Wolf 359 and all the lives lost kinda like those civil war reenactors
    tumblr_m9xiz26mwj1rdabsoo1_r1_400.gif
  • Options
    davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,530 Arc User
    Thanks! . . . and GREAT SCOTT!
  • Options
    kirimuffinkirimuffin Member Posts: 692 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    Ooh, it's an elite board, even! That alone makes it worth picking up. It'll save us some grinding next year :D
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    mayito2009 wrote: »
    That would be awkward since 20th century Fox doesn't own rights to the name "DeLorean".
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    takfeltakfel Member Posts: 238 Arc User
    Only works on Risa. I already have a water power board I earned. Not much use for this one. Thanks anyway.
  • Options
    coupaholiccoupaholic Member Posts: 2,188 Arc User
    Would have been nice to use it outside a map I never visit, but oh well. Free is free.​​
  • Options
    gjohnny1990gjohnny1990 Member Posts: 116 Arc User
    Nice gesture but bit of a shame, I have never ever been to Risa, even once and I've been playing on and off since beta, I know I really need to get round to it though.
  • Options
    saber1973asaber1973a Member Posts: 1,224 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    It does not have to be named "DeLorean" it just need to look somewhat like one...
    And Winter Event is coming close, i wonder what will be this year prize?

A nice all-factions shuttle with some interesting console could be just what needed...

And the hooverboard stats are nice - it will be really handy on next Summer Event races,
    but will they fix the graphic engine, so it will draw more than 15-30% of race obstacles?
  • Options
    comrademococomrademoco Member Posts: 1,694 Bug Hunter
    :) :thumb: is all I can say.
    6tviTDx.png

• Options
    claudiusdkclaudiusdk Member Posts: 561 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    O_O

O M G
    "Please, Captain, not in front of the Klingons."
    Spock to Kirk, as Kirk is about to hug him.
    Star Trek V: "The Final Frontier"
  • Options
    wintermutevreswintermutevres Member Posts: 100 Arc User
    I have my suspicions but I think Doc brown is secretly a Klingon agent in disguise.

Shhhh!
    latest?cb=20081104065658&path-prefix=de
  • Options
    darthpostaldarthpostal Member Posts: 245 Arc User
    Nicccce! Thank you, Cryptic!

Happy BTTF day, everyone!
  • Options
    kirimuffinkirimuffin Member Posts: 692 Arc User
    Yeah, this was a very nice and unexpected gift. Thanks. :)
  • Options
    breadandcircusesbreadandcircuses Member Posts: 2,355 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    lucho80 wrote: »
    Back to the Future day!!! Yay!

Trendy, please, please, fix all this wasted space in forum posts.
    I'm talking to people and trying. I HAVE NOT YET SUCCESSFULLY CLONED MYSELF.

Why clone yourself when you can go back in time, to help yourself, or your future self can travel back to help you?​​
    entnx01 wrote: »
    I'll double check, but I'd recommend you claim it on all characters.

Thanks for looking into it for us, I have the very same question! Please let us know what the PTB's ruling is. :wink:
    mayito2009 wrote: »
    That would be awkward since 20th century Fox doesn't own rights to the name "DeLorean".

They could make it look the same, but call it the DeNobulan as a joke. :tongue:
    Ym9x9Ji.png
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    I do not like Geko ether.
    iconians wrote: »
    With each passing day I wonder if I stepped into an alternate reality. The Cubs win the world series. Donald Trump is President. Britain leaves the EU. STO gets a dedicated PvP season. Engineers are "out of control" in STO.​​
  • Options
    theraven2378theraven2378 Member Posts: 5,990 Arc User

That sounds awesome, warp 8.8 and you time travel
    NMXb2ph.png
      "The meaning of victory is not to merely defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to completely eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can ever recover. That is the meaning of victory."
      -Lord Commander Solar Macharius
    • Options
      mgmirkin426mgmirkin426 Member Posts: 164 Arc User
      edited October 2015
      Sorry if this has already been asked and answered, but is this usable ONLY on Risa, like all other hoverboards? Or is this an actual usable mount for other social zones, or *gasp* zones like Dyson Ground, etc. where it would be USEFUL to have a mount with somewhat higher speed to get around. Will it, in fact, move faster than running around on the ground?

Moreover, are specs listed anywhere? Quality, speed vs. other existing Risa boards? And the aforementioned "usable everywhere" or "restricted to Risa"?
    • Options
      turbomagnusturbomagnus Member Posts: 3,479 Arc User
      From the item description in-game; "Only usable over water on Risa."
      "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross; but it's not for the timid." -- Q, TNG: "Q-Who?"
      ^Words that every player should keep in mind, especially whenever there's a problem with the game...
    • Options
      allyoftheforceallyoftheforce Member Posts: 735 Arc User
      edited October 2015
    • Options
      starcruiser#3423 starcruiser Member Posts: 1,222 Arc User
      edited October 2015
      Thank you DEVs! but why just RISA...come on? We have the frosted boots wearable anywhere...it is time for something more valuable. I'm willing to spend some "real" cash to see this can be wearable "anywhere". Its time for STO to have more "usable" mounts like in SWTOR. What's the difference since some are already had frosted boots they can use anywhere.​​