test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Design Your Ship Final Round [Alpha Vs Omega]

Comments

• amayakitsuneamayakitsune Member Posts: 977 Arc User
    An now I abstain.... because these designs are both ugly as sin and arent Epsilon... also, Im pretty sure this entire contest was rigged... so theres that.
    7NGGeUP.png

• mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    #TeamAlpha
    *doublepost*​​
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
    edited October 2015
    #TeamAlpha
    Launch fighters!
    Fighters launched!
    Fire broadside!
    Broadside fired!
    All fighters, attack pattern...where are the fighters?
    Um....in front of the broadside sir!

Don't let this happen to you captains.

This public safety message was brought to you by the Team Alpha
    Fighters launched!
    Fire Kemocite Laced Torpedo Spread!
    Torpedoes Fired!
    All fighters, attack pattern... where are the fighters?
    Um... in front of the torpedo spread, Sir!

This public safety message was brought to you by the Team #OmegaAlphaBetrayer​​
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • gpgtxgpgtx Member Posts: 1,579 Arc User
    #TeamOmega
    to bad we just can;t have both
    victoriasig_zps23c45368.jpg
  • mayito2009mayito2009 Member Posts: 643 Arc User
    #TeamAlpha
    WE need to ask Cryptic for BOTH!!!!
    Seek and ye shall find. Ask and ye shall receive. Rabboni
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety" (Benjamin Franklin).

Most unexpectedly, this turned into a flame-fest! Closed it goes!. /sigh What flamefestery is this? pwlaughingtrendy
  • angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    #TeamOmega
    Launch fighters!
    Fighters launched!
    Fire broadside!
    Broadside fired!

Fighters launched!
    Fire Kemocite Laced Torpedo Spread!
    Torpedoes Fired!
    All fighters, attack pattern... where are the fighters?
    Um... in front of the torpedo spread, Sir!

This public safety message was brought to you by the Team #OmegaAlphaBetrayer

People cast their tykens or grav well all the time right into their pets. Arguing that the layout of this ship would somehow endanger the pets is just grabbing at straws.​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • themetalstickmanthemetalstickman Member Posts: 1,010 Arc User
    #TeamOmega
    It was a hard decision for me. I really liked Alpha, but I had to go with Omega in the end. It just looks more like a proper carrier to me.​​
    Og12TbC.jpg

Your father was captain of a starship for twelve minutes. He saved 800 lives, including your mother's, and yours.

I dare you to do better.
  • angrybobhangrybobh Member Posts: 420 Arc User
    #TeamOmega
    gpgtx wrote: »
    to bad we just can;t have both

This would probably be best. They are similar enough to be skins for the same ship.
  • lan451lan451 Member Posts: 3,386 Arc User
    #TeamOmega
    I don't particularly like either as they just look like flying bathtubs to me, but I voted Omega as I like the larger bays on the sides. I guess I just prefer my flying pizza cutters to bathtubs. :p
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
  • thibashthibash Member Posts: 506 Arc User
    #TeamAlpha
    They're both ugly, but if it's gonna be Omega, the chances are high I'll skip on buying it. Even though I was looking forward to a Federation full carrier for a long while.
  • sentinel64sentinel64 Member Posts: 901 Arc User
    #TeamAlpha
    This vote was a tough one; Omega had the length in main body, but Alpha looked more volumous were it mattered. Oh well, call me an Alphan.
  • keletteskelettes Member Posts: 488 Arc User
    #TeamOmega
    So.... freaking... CLOOOSE!4! XXD
    Waaaa I'm totally on the fence with these two ^^

Maybe I'll sleep on it first before casting a vote :smiley:
    "Ad astra audacter eamus in alis fidelium."
    -
    "To boldly go to the stars on the wings of the faithful."
  • makocallowaymakocalloway Member Posts: 455 Arc User
    #TeamAlpha
    mustrumridcully0: LOL
    5rFUCPd.png

• nikolunusnikolunus Member Posts: 162 Arc User
    #TeamAlpha
    So its down to, what was utterly predictable, and really just different skins of the same ship. I see nether as a good choice so the lesser of two evils it is.
    Space is vast, it's wonderful and maddening. Yet in that madness is some of the greatest beauty I have ever seen.
  • djxprimedjxprime Member Posts: 522 Arc User
    #TeamAlpha
    So, I wonder if after the voting is over we'll have someone make a forum sig that says "Don't blame me. I voted for [Insert Team Name Here]?" :D
    Kkerp5u.jpg?1

"No matter where you go...there you are."
  • bunansabunansa Member Posts: 928 Arc User
    #TeamAlpha
    Need a team #alphaomegaepsilon vote, the kit bash was best design hands down..

and who doesn't want to fly an aoe?
    tumblr_ndmkqm59J31r5ynioo2_r2_500.gif

edited October 2015
    #TeamAlpha
    mustrumridcully0: LOL
    Ultimately, the best place for FIghters is inside the hangar bay or far away from the main ship. :)

In Star Trek, Carriers don't really seem to make much sense. The Enterprise had 3 huge shuttle bays, and never entered it in a fight with someone suggesting "let's launch some more shuttles so we have more firepower". Not even against the Borg, when they decided to separate saucer and engineering sections and have both of them in the fight. Boarding Party seems to represent the only canonical legitimate use of shuttles (they were used against the Borg, too) in a fight.

Carriers in the real world work because planes have great speed, considerably firepower, but poor range and poor loitering ability compared to a ship.

But things in STO are as they are... So let's pick the best looking ship for this role.​​
  • azurealli4nceazurealli4nce Member Posts: 80 Arc User
    #TeamOmega
    #TeamOmega #OmegaOrRiot #JupiterLives
    DPS-Bronze, DPS-Silver, DPS-Gold, etc. are FAKE! They were created by an outvoted minority who destroyed the original DPS channels!

Tactical Team sucked, once upon a time. I got it buffed. Don't think for a minute that Cryptic ignores forum feedback.
  • mayito2009mayito2009 Member Posts: 643 Arc User
    #TeamAlpha
    Galatica had fighters, to me fighters are useful as a defense against smaller ships that are faster.
    Seek and ye shall find. Ask and ye shall receive. Rabboni
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety" (Benjamin Franklin).

Most unexpectedly, this turned into a flame-fest! Closed it goes!. /sigh What flamefestery is this? pwlaughingtrendy
  • briana5briana5 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Omaga

• acg3269acg3269 Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    #TeamOmega
    Launch fighters!
    Fighters launched!
    Fire broadside!
    Broadside fired!

So, I just gotta ask. Where do you Alpha voters (who are complaining about the Omega's launch bays) think Alpha's launch bays are? Cause, from the look of the design, Alpha's hangers are on the sides as well. At least the Omega has what looks to be a forward launch bay as well.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Boldly going where no one has gone before!
    edited October 2015
    #TeamAlpha
    mayito2009 wrote: »
    Galatica had fighters, to me fighters are useful as a defense against smaller ships that are faster.
    Galactica is also a science fiction rules and is making up sh*t as it goes along (as much as I love BSG and as cool as BSG:TNS fights were).
    But at least in BSG ships don't have shields and hull that can withstand multiple torpedo hits, and don't have high range light-speed-fast point defense systems. And they don't have transporters and orbit-to-ground weapons (other than nukes). So I see some potential there for fighter craft.​​
  • keletteskelettes Member Posts: 488 Arc User
    #TeamOmega
    mayito2009 wrote: »

They're also good at taking down projectiles :smile:
    My ar'kif was saved a few times by her scorpion fighters from those Borg instakill energy bolts
    "Ad astra audacter eamus in alis fidelium."
    -
    "To boldly go to the stars on the wings of the faithful."
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    #TeamOmega
    Lol, probably the only reason the poll's so close right now is because the Jupiter fans haven't remembered the poll yet.
    you rang? :p
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
    #TeamAlpha
    I really cant wait for all the Jupiter fanboys to get their omega ship and go park it next to the Jupiter and scream I finally have the Jupiter and then sit there and go omg, it doesn't look anything like it.

#TeamAlpha
    bunansa wrote: »
    I really cant wait for all the Jupiter fanboys to get their omega ship and go park it next to the Jupiter and scream I finally have the Jupiter and then sit there and go omg, it doesn't look anything like it.
    I think you're more likely to see them see "whoa, it looks exactly different from the Jupiter where it needed, but kept the ideas that were cool about it."​​
  • makocallowaymakocalloway Member Posts: 455 Arc User
    #TeamAlpha
    I wasn't really complaining about omegas bays, I actually like them. Just having some fun ;D
    5rFUCPd.png

edited October 2015
    #TeamAlpha
    bunansa wrote: »
    I think you're more likely to see them see "whoa, it looks exactly different from the Jupiter where it needed, but kept the ideas that were cool about it."​​

but what ideas? the 4 nacelles? or the carrier part?

I just really don't understand, and I already called shenanigans earlier when I was refreshing and literally saw alpha lose vote numbers, I counted 8 votes lost between 9 am and 10 am..but whatever.

Its not like this wasn't planned from the start hence the whole lol alpha vs omega in the first place.

From a certain standpoint many people will come here and see omega winning and auto roll that anyway unless they wanted real design.. some people are screaming Jupiter is omega or whatever and not even comparing the 2 designs.

best looking ship was the kitbash which would have probably allowed for quite a few customizing options in the ship tailor.

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Arc User
    #TeamAlpha
    ALPHA!