test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Design Your Ship Final Round [Alpha Vs Omega]

pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
edited October 2015 in Galactic News Network [PC]
The Beginning and the End. Alpha versus Omega! Vote in the final round of Design Your Ship as two designs face off. Who will win? You decide by voting with ‪#‎TeamAlpha‬ or ‪#‎TeamOmega‬

Now's your chance to vote on which design you prefer! Your votes will determine what ship is built in a single-elimination voting tournament. As the tournament progresses, we will continue to update the designs with more detail!

Our final round features the Alpha and Omega designs! Which one do you prefer Captains? Let us know in the forums, Facebook, and Twitter.

Design Your Ship Final Round [Alpha Vs Omega] 2777 votes

#TeamAlpha
44%
trickypingu#9526tls1970blassreiterusrhandofgaudjarda9neericcpthardcoverlblackmoorintrinsicalhyefatherrealrebelusracerexiawininoidagent157xsirkoricboromir45oceansongdivimjoeshabadoocaptaingunslayer 1247 votes
#TeamOmega
55%
adarandrels0mb3razgefkirimuffininisfatusdeathfish01lan451y4of6umaekogardatbalaan44talonraynerbillmsd1nalfyrcomrademocoikonn#1068jhdehneruhdonadrug2orphenx 1528 votes

Comments

• Options
    mayito2009mayito2009 Member Posts: 643 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    Seek and ye shall find. Ask and ye shall receive. Rabboni
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety" (Benjamin Franklin).

Most unexpectedly, this turned into a flame-fest! Closed it goes!. /sigh What flamefestery is this? pwlaughingtrendy
  • Options
    bunansabunansa Member Posts: 928 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    #TeamAlpha
    Alpha of course

but um so we waited a few extra days to start this but no new versions of the ship profiles or anything??

of course my real vote was on that alpha/epsilon/omega version...
    tumblr_ndmkqm59J31r5ynioo2_r2_500.gif

• Options
    khan5000khan5000 Member Posts: 3,007 Arc User
    #TeamOmega
    Omega
    Your pain runs deep.
    Let us explore it... together. Each man hides a secret pain. It must be exposed and reckoned with. It must be dragged from the darkness and forced into the light. Share your pain. Share your pain with me... and gain strength from the sharing.
  • Options
    cuchulainn74cuchulainn74 Member Posts: 831 Arc User
    #TeamAlpha
    It's gotta be Alpha. There's not much to separate them, but Alpha edges it.
    Fleet Admiral CuChulainn - U.S.S. Aegis KT Intel Dreadnought Cruiser
    vGdvFsX.jpg

• Options
    gulberatgulberat Member Posts: 5,505 Arc User
    #TeamAlpha
    Definitely Alpha.

Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM for more. :-)
    Proudly F2P.  Signature image by gulberat. Avatar image by balsavor.deviantart.com.
  • Options
    pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    bunansa wrote: »
    Alpha of course

but um so we waited a few extra days to start this but no new versions of the ship profiles or anything??
    The final design will be getting a full paint over. Similar to something like this.
    EDIT: Except not Romulan
    DOUBLE EDIT: Probably not green either.
  • Options
    cpthardcovercpthardcover Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    #TeamAlpha
    I think what separates them for me is the way the hangars are arranged. The huge hangar bay doors on Omega just scream "SHOOT ME HERE" and would be a major tactical vulnerability, to me.
  • Options
    gulberatgulberat Member Posts: 5,505 Arc User
    #TeamAlpha
    Alpha of course

The final design will be getting a full paint over. Similar to something like this.

LOL on the edit...I was so about to say that. ;)

Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM for more. :-)
    Proudly F2P.  Signature image by gulberat. Avatar image by balsavor.deviantart.com.
  • Options
    mreeves7amreeves7a Member Posts: 499 Arc User
    #TeamAlpha
    Go #TeamNotOmega
  • Options
    #TeamAlpha
    Alpha of course

DOUBLE EDIT: Probably not green either.

ah, I just figured since we were in wait mode for Monday to start this back up that we were getting some cool new imagery... oh well

is there a good chance we have some customizing options like with other ships, to switch nacelles around, mission pods, that sort of thing?

• Options
    bernatkbernatk Member Posts: 1,089 Bug Hunter
    thinking...
    Tck7dQ2.jpg
    Dahar Master Mary Sue                                               Fleet Admiral Bloody Mary
  • Options
    psycoticvulcanpsycoticvulcan Member Posts: 4,160 Arc User
    #TeamAlpha
    The smooth edges on Alpha seal the deal for me. But they're so similar it doesn't really matter.
    NJ9oXSO.png
    "Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
    -Thomas Marrone
  • Options
    bucklerpwbucklerpw Member Posts: 102 Arc User
    #TeamAlpha
    Since the tumor appears more subdued in the HiRes image, I voted Alpha over the duckbilled Omega. I don't like the spoiler or the atrophied lower nacelles, but it was less ugly than the Omega. I'd prefer a more classic Star Trek ship with two nacelles, a neck, a fuselage and a round saucer.
  • Options
    kjwashingtonkjwashington Member Posts: 2,529 Arc User
    #TeamOmega
    Lol, probably the only reason the poll's so close right now is because the Jupiter fans haven't remembered the poll yet.
    FaW%20meme_zpsbkzfjonz.jpg
    Support 90 degree arc limitation on BFaW! Save our ships from looking like flying disco balls of dumb!
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    #TeamAlpha
    It is between the "shrimp" looking ship and the "calamari" looking ship, pick your poison, lol
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety" (Benjamin Franklin).

Most unexpectedly, this turned into a flame-fest! Closed it goes!. /sigh What flamefestery is this? pwlaughingtrendy
  • Options
    makocallowaymakocalloway Member Posts: 455 Arc User
    #TeamAlpha
    Alpha Team assemble!

Love every thing about the Alpha, EXCEPT I wish it had those gorgeous monster bays that omega has.
    5rFUCPd.png

• Options
    #TeamAlpha
    mayito2009 wrote: »
    It is between the "shrimp" looking ship and the "calamari" looking ship, pick your poison, lol

my preferred poison is the alpha/epsilon/omega hybrid

anyone else hitting refresh like a nut job right now?

• Options
    #TeamAlpha
    I went Alpha because Omega looks like someone took a saw and cut the edges on each side and the front.

• Options
    aa1238aa1238 Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    #TeamAlpha

I knew it was going to be alpha vs omega.
  • Options
    onyxheart1onyxheart1 Member Posts: 347 Arc User
    #TeamOmega
    Whoo! go #TeamOmega

it is our Destiny, search your feelings TeamAlpha people, you know it to be true :P
    KDF for Life! <3 Romulan at Heart <3 Fed cause they made me ~ :P
    signature-omega.png
  • Options
    ddesjardinsddesjardins Member Posts: 3,056 Media Corps
    #TeamOmega
    There can be only one - #TeamOmega

My footer says it all...
  • Options
    meurikmeurik Member Posts: 856 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    #TeamAlpha
    I've voted on the ship that has lost, each and every time so far. Why stop now? #TeamAlpha all the way. Naturally the Jupiter-fanboys vote Omega. I've known Omega would win this competition from the start.​​
    HvGQ9pH.png
  • Options
    starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
    #TeamAlpha
    Meh, they both look like flying squids. I prefer the Alpha-Epsilon-Omega kitbash.

Alpha edges it between these two because the nacelles look slightly better.
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/
  • Options
    jcsteelejcsteele Member Posts: 155 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    #TeamOmega
    Wow...so far it's a tie! It's the first time one of these polls is so close.

Omega for me, but like someone else said, these two almost look the same.

Whoops! Just refreshed the page! The Jupiter fans must've woken up!
  • Options
    angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    #TeamOmega
    No need to debate. It is the exact same ship (and yes, I am inclined to join the tinfoil heads about that), Alpha just got the Nebula pod which looks better and Omega's nacelles are wonky. But I support the Jupiter fans because I know it's hard to want a ship in game and never get it pig-1.gif​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • Options
    oldravenman3025oldravenman3025 Member Posts: 1,892 Arc User
    #TeamOmega
    Went with Omega.
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    #TeamAlpha
    onyxheart1 wrote: »
    Whoo! go #TeamOmega

it is our Destiny, search your feelings TeamAlpha people, you know it to be true :P

I wouldn't know why it would be true, its not a very stable looking ship, its the Jupiter 2 with nacelles tossed on it and Doctor Smith screaming look out Will! while the robot just drones on about there being danger near by..

its not the Jupiter class ship from the game, maybe if you sliced that ship down by 3/4 and gave it really flimsy nacelles

so really none of us win.

• Options
    claudiusdkclaudiusdk Member Posts: 561 Arc User
    #TeamOmega
    Voting Omega. Looks big and long enough to be a carrier.
    Still, I rather have the mashup version where its Omega body, epsilon naselles, and alpha mission pod(as optional).

Only problem I got with Omega is the engine trail is coming from the center of the body.
    "Please, Captain, not in front of the Klingons."
    Spock to Kirk, as Kirk is about to hug him.
    Star Trek V: "The Final Frontier"
  • Options
    tymerstotymersto Member Posts: 433 Arc User
    #TeamOmega
    I think what separates them for me is the way the hangars are arranged. The huge hangar bay doors on Omega just scream "SHOOT ME HERE" and would be a major tactical vulnerability, to me.

Actually for me, the launch/landing on the sides is what made #TeamOmega my choice.
    Now if we can get something like Alpha's nacelle design for the Omega...

Thank you for the time...
    STO CBT Player - 400 day+ Vet, Currently Silver
    Cryptic, would you actulaly like me to spend actual Money? It's Simple:
    • Full, Story-driven, select from start 1-50 Klingon Side
    • Scrap current Lock Box & Lobi system for something more reasonable
    • Expand Dil and Rep/Fleet Marks to regular story content
  • Options
    scarlingscarling Member Posts: 708 Arc User
    #TeamOmega
    I just saw the Jupiter ingame today during a klingon fleet alert. It was glorious. Go Omega.