Design Your Ship Round 6 [Epsilon VS Omega]

Comments

• Options
    highlandrisehighlandrise Member Posts: 354 Arc User
    #TeamOmega
    wakeoflove wrote: »
    maxvitor wrote: »
    claudiusdk wrote: »
    That kinda reminds me of the Eclipse Intel Cruiser.
    All of the quads remind me of the Eclipse Intel Cruiser, but I have to say this hybridization of parts from both the Omega and the Epsilon is appealing. I didn't choose the Epsilon primarily because I thought the warp engines looked too big, making the ship appear smaller, but in this configuration the engine hull proportions are much more credible for a carrier. Throw in the flying bridge pod from the Alpha and we have a winner.

As you wish

Omega%202.1_zpsjz3ycdf3.png

And for the record this is ALL STILL Arc's property, not mine. NOT MINE.

Im just kit bashing for the heck of it and the people have spoken.

Slapping alpha's pod on there actually worked wonders for the aft view that was bothering me a bit.

I imagine the reason they didn't let us "design like Frankenstein" is that we'd need interaction with the artist, moving things around and trying different things. Especially to do that by community vote I could see being a nightmare.

Hopefully they'll see the positive response to the kitbashes though and model a few of the designs that are most compatible for kitbashing so we get some customization options on this puppy.

Also, is that a deflector on omega's nose or is that yet another opening to a hangar? On the underside there's a lit "slit" that could be a dauntless style deflector like the one we saw oh the pathfinder and manticore...

the OmegaEpsilon Combo was allready awesome, now with that Nebula Pod as an Optional Customizable Part (Tailor) it gets even better! DAMN I need that, WE need that! so #TeamOmegaEpsilonAlpha for the WIN!!!!!

Whoever is in charge of this Contest, PLEASE LOOK AT THIS BEAUTY! Its made from your Design Parts, its still 100% YOUR PROPERTY, so all you have to do is GIVE US THAT SHIP PLEASE! Cant be that hard to Design that can it? If the Playersbase can Kitbash it in Paint (or whatever) that easily than you should be able to give us a Finalized Version of such a Ship too, cmon Cryptic, our Money is ready, we want to throw it at you Guys so GIVE US THAT THING (well put the Design for an Aditional Vote? Iam 100% sure that it will beat Alpha, Omega and Epsilon with ease!) or like i said before give us all of those Parts for the Tailor so we can Put it together on our own O_O
  • Options
    turbomagnusturbomagnus Member Posts: 3,479 Arc User
    #TeamEpsilon
    (well put the Design for an Aditional Vote? Iam 100% sure that it will beat Alpha, Omega and Epsilon with ease!) or like i said before give us all of those Parts for the Tailor so we can Put it together on our own O_O

If nothing else, let it go in for a Sudden Death Round - the winner of Omega/Epsilon faces Alpha in the finals, then the winner of the finals can go in against the (for lack of a better name) Vandread design...
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross; but it's not for the timid." -- Q, TNG: "Q-Who?"
    ^Words that every player should keep in mind, especially whenever there's a problem with the game...
  • Options
    darkkindness2darkkindness2 Member Posts: 257 Arc User
    #TeamOmega
    Voting for Omega BUT..

I must digress.

Take the saucer section of the Omega, Strap the Epsion Hull and Nacelles, make it a 4 Pylon version, I'd say the following.

shut_up_and_take_my_money.jpg

I could go for an omega/epsilon hybrid of this nature. Make it so!

It is done.

Omega%202_zpsyaafcvdg.png

Epsilon/Omega Hybrid. Yes my paint skills wont get me hired anytime soon XD

With or without the Alpha mission pod, this is hands down the best design in the competition; I would vote for it over any of the losing ships that I've voted for thus far, and definitely over any of the ships left in the competition.

The Omega saucer with the symmetrical Epsilon nacelles and closer pylons is the most beautiful possible use of the parts that we've been presented.

In regard to hating Star Trek 2009:
    kain9prime wrote: »
    IDIC fail.
  • Options
    #TeamOmega
    Voting for Omega BUT..

I must digress.

Take the saucer section of the Omega, Strap the Epsion Hull and Nacelles, make it a 4 Pylon version, I'd say the following.

shut_up_and_take_my_money.jpg

I could go for an omega/epsilon hybrid of this nature. Make it so!

It is done.

Omega%202_zpsyaafcvdg.png

Epsilon/Omega Hybrid. Yes my paint skills wont get me hired anytime soon XD

With or without the Alpha mission pod, this is hands down the best design in the competition; I would vote for it over any of the losing ships that I've voted for thus far, and definitely over any of the ships left in the competition.

The Omega saucer with the symmetrical Epsilon nacelles and closer pylons is the most beautiful possible use of the parts that we've been presented.

cant agree more than that, the Pod could be additional for the Tailor (more options are never bad) but like you said, even without the pod, this Kitbash Design beats EVERY SINGLE of the other Designs by FAR, tbh iam so thrilled by it that i think that if they at least dont at add it as another option to Vote for, that i will Just Pass whatever other Design / Ship Wins and keep my Money, it would be an unbelivable Shame and Waste NOT to take that Great Kitbash and at least let US Decide whether we want it or not over the other Designs (again its 100% THEIR Parts anyway!)
  • Options
    vandread010vandread010 Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    #TeamOmega
    If nothing else, let it go in for a Sudden Death Round - the winner of Omega/Epsilon faces Alpha in the finals, then the winner of the finals can go in against the (for lack of a better name) Vandread design...

I would go for that. And the Vandread Class Carrier? I could go for that. :)

Thank you all for the support and ideas thus far, and remember what LaughingTrendy said:

LaughingTrendy|Oct 12, 2015 09:00 am

We’re looking for dedicated Captains to assist with the construction of our latest ship! We'll be designing a new Federation Carrier with the help of players like you!

[SIGPIC]http://i849.photobucket.com/albums/ab53/Vandread010/apoph_zpscc05f31f.jpg[/SIGPIC]

Oh the humanity.... Oh the insanity.... Oh the Empty Queue bugs....
  • Options
    stark2kstark2k Member Posts: 1,467 Arc User
    #TeamEpsilon
    Epislon has a better and sleek design for a functional Carrier. The Omega pylons and nacelles looks too much like a regular cruiser. :(
    StarTrekIronMan.jpg
  • Options
    banatinebanatine Member Posts: 250 Arc User
    #TeamOmega
    My working theory is that Alpha/Omega will be the 'primary' design, and the top 3 designs after that will get their parts added as tailor options.

I have to agree though, the Omega/Epsilon looks better than the standard Omega (which i love anyway.) reminds me very much of the Typhon... Which of course i would love to have too
    Real Temporal Operative: Purchased the Special Temporal Agent pack before it was even officially announced!
  • Options
    architect13architect13 Member Posts: 1,076 Arc User
    #TeamEpsilon
    Let's just kitbash the whole ship . . . have all the parts available in the ship tailor.
    Have you tried the new forum on your phone?
  • Options
    saber1973asaber1973a Member Posts: 1,224 Arc User
    #TeamEpsilon
    Let's just kitbash the whole ship . . . have all the parts available in the ship tailor.
    Best idea i found in the whole thread :D
  • Options
    daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    Has the voting ended yet?
    (even though the outcome was obvious from the outset)
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • Options
    conclusiveninjaconclusiveninja Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    #TeamEpsilon
    Epsilon nacelles, omega body. Thus saith Picard, "Make it so number one." Seriously though that would be the best ship ever!
  • Options
    pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
    Congratulations to #TeamOmega who won and will be placed in the final round starting Monday!
  • Options
    #TeamOmega
    Any notion Trendy on if the Epsilon/Omega Hybrid was looked at? :open_mouth:
    [SIGPIC]http://i849.photobucket.com/albums/ab53/Vandread010/apoph_zpscc05f31f.jpg[/SIGPIC]

• Options
    pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
    While an explicit hybrid won't happen, I've been taking feedback to the team that will inevitably influence the modeling portion of the ship design.
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    #TeamOmega
    While an explicit hybrid won't happen, I've been taking feedback to the team that will inevitably influence the modeling portion of the ship design.

Influence the Modeling, but not taking the Design (Hybrid) that the Majority here would so like to have / see...just sad, so another Opportunity Missed...oh well...lets see how the Endproduct will look like...if it at least comes close to that hybrid i still may get it, if not..well saves me zen. And there is still Alpha, who knows maybe Omega will not be the Winner anyway (even so its very likely)soon we shall see :|
  • Options
    primar13primar13 Member Posts: 1,896 Bug Hunter
    #TeamOmega

Influence the Modeling, but not taking the Design (Hybrid) that the Majority here would so like to have / see...just sad, so another Opportunity Missed...oh well...lets see how the Endproduct will look like...if it at least comes close to that hybrid i still may get it, if not..well saves me zen. And there is still Alpha, who knows maybe Omega will not be the Winner anyway (even so its very likely)soon we shall see :|

Majority of the People? No...

Majority, of the Minority of Players who Actually use the Forums... Maybe

• Options
    swamarianswamarian Member Posts: 1,506 Arc User
    #TeamEpsilon
    Congratulations to #TeamOmega who won and will be placed in the final round starting Monday!

Monday? But I want to place my losing vote nooooooooooow!
  • Options
    #TeamOmega
    primar13 wrote: »

well Majority of the People here, rest of the Players who dont Vote, dont count anyway, so yea Majority of the People here it is.
  • Options
    #TeamOmega

Ladies and gents its official. Cryptic listens to feedback and the people have made a change to a ship design shown.

Everyone pat themselves on the back!!!! 8D

• Options
    scarlingscarling Member Posts: 708 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    #TeamOmega

well Majority of the People here, rest of the Players who dont Vote, dont count anyway, so yea Majority of the People here it is.

Vote is also on facebook and twitter, which may include people who do not visit the forum. Also the vote for this hybrid only has 54 votes. Of those 54 votes, 30 were in favor. Very small compared to the 2295 votes tallied here.
  • Options
    makocallowaymakocalloway Member Posts: 455 Arc User
    #TeamEpsilon
    Seriously, what would we do without trendy? I vote we name this carrier the Trendy-class carrier.
    5rFUCPd.png

• Options
    primar13primar13 Member Posts: 1,896 Bug Hunter
    #TeamOmega
    Seriously, what would we do without trendy? I vote we name this carrier the Trendy-class carrier.

I'm Still pushing for the Pantheon Class Carrier. Since she was calling this Project Pantheon.
  • Options
    #TeamOmega
    scarling wrote: »

Vote is also on facebook and twitter, which may include people who do not visit the forum. Also the vote for this hybrid only has 54 votes. Of those 54 votes, 30 were in favor. Very small compared to the 2295 votes tallied here.

Its not an Official "option", if it was than iam sure the Result would be very clear (towards that Hybrid) but, there is no Point in Discussing this anyway, once more it was - unfortunately - said that there will be no other Designs accepted, even so this Time its just a Kitbash of their own Designs...sad sad...
  • Options
    scarlingscarling Member Posts: 708 Arc User
    #TeamOmega
    scarling wrote: »

Its not an Official "option", if it was than iam sure the Result would be very clear (towards that Hybrid) but, there is no Point in Discussing this anyway, once more it was - unfortunately - said that there will be no other Designs accepted, even so this Time its just a Kitbash of their own Designs...sad sad...

You can try to convince yourself over a few people who agreed on it, but that does not make it true by any means.
  • Options
    sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    #TeamEpsilon
    Once again the playerbase prove that they have no taste...

One could be forgiven for thinking that the playerbase are going for the ugliest designs, just for the hell of it! ;)
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• Options
    bunansabunansa Member Posts: 928 Arc User
    #TeamEpsilon

May I ask why it wont happen? how hard is it to make it happen unless....the ship is actually already modeled in which case myself and a few others will be proven right.
    tumblr_ndmkqm59J31r5ynioo2_r2_500.gif

• Options
    yakodymyakodym Member Posts: 362 Arc User
    #TeamOmega
    bunansa wrote: »

May I ask why it wont happen? how hard is it to make it happen unless....the ship is actually already modeled in which case myself and a few others will be proven right.

Well, the reason is IMHO simple... If you change the design mid-vote, you can be absolutely certain that there will be tons of people complaining that this is not what they voted for, regardless of how big the #teamomegaepsilonalpha majority of the forum minority thinks it is ;-) So yeah, basically you can just throw feedback at them, and hope that the options they'll give us for the modelling phase will somehow reflect that feedback :-D
  • Options
    sorceror01sorceror01 Member Posts: 1,042 Arc User
    #TeamOmega
    yakodym wrote: »

Well, the reason is IMHO simple... If you change the design mid-vote, you can be absolutely certain that there will be tons of people complaining that this is not what they voted for, regardless of how big the #teamomegaepsilonalpha majority of the forum minority thinks it is ;-) So yeah, basically you can just throw feedback at them, and hope that the options they'll give us for the modelling phase will somehow reflect that feedback :-D

This, precisely.
    Minor changes can happen here and there, but something as drastic as a hybrid design pretty much defeats the entire point of the contest.
    It's not even over yet, either, so all the people goin' hard for hybrid designs are essentially jumping the gun, and in the wrong direction to boot.
    Personally speaking, I'd actually love to see minor elements from the unused designs make it into the final one. And specifically from the Epsilon/Omega hybrid people have been about the last few days, I'd actually really just like to see some of the Epsilon's pylon arrangement make it into the Omega, but nothing really more than that.
    ".... you're gonna have a bad time."
  • Options
    maxvitormaxvitor Member Posts: 2,213 Arc User
    #TeamOmega
    No way we get 3 hangars. The OP screaming would be deafening.
    you know both designs have 3 hangers, right?
    They have 3 hanger doors, Don't number the hangers by the number of bay doors, go by the level they are on, doors that are on the same level could be opening into a single large hanger deck.
    Epsilon nacelles, omega body. Thus saith Picard, "Make it so number one." Seriously though that would be the best ship ever!
    Epsilon nacelles and Pylons, that's an important detail otherwise you end up with the Epsilon engines sticking way out on the ends of the Omegas Pylon arrangement, as for the Epsilons aft hull, I'm on the fence, it may be a necessary detail for the use of the Epsilon Pylons and It does seem to fill what seems to me to be an empty space, since I am not a fan of monohulls.

sorceror01 wrote: »

This, precisely.
    Minor changes can happen here and there, but something as drastic as a hybrid design pretty much defeats the entire point of the contest.
    It's not even over yet, either, so all the people goin' hard for hybrid designs are essentially jumping the gun, and in the wrong direction to boot.
    Personally speaking, I'd actually love to see minor elements from the unused designs make it into the final one. And specifically from the Epsilon/Omega hybrid people have been about the last few days, I'd actually really just like to see some of the Epsilon's pylon arrangement make it into the Omega, but nothing really more than that.
    You both seem to be forgetting that the main reason why someone decided to kitbash together this design is because a great many people were voting for designs they found the least undesireable while complaining about the designers absurd fixation with odd sized engines on fragile looking pylons, having included no designs with equal sized engines for people to choose from. If the design has not actually already been made, which frankly I seriously doubt, since this contest has been crafted as cleverly as these models to lead to a predictable outcome, but if the design is not complete, then right now is the point at which to give feedback. No one is expecting them to abandon their existing design, but we are certainly hoping they will consider customization options that will allow us to incorporate what we are talking about here. That way those who like the Omega as it is can have it so, while those who want a more compact equal sized engine arrangement with or without an auxiliary pod can have that.
    If something is not broken, don't fix it, if it is broken, don't leave it broken.
    Oh Hell NO to ARC
  • Options
    architect13architect13 Member Posts: 1,076 Arc User
    #TeamEpsilon
    sunfrancks wrote: »
    Once again the playerbase prove that they have no taste...

One could be forgiven for thinking that the playerbase are going for the ugliest designs, just for the hell of it! ;)

I am fairly certain whatever ship was the "Omega" ship would have won . . . or come close to winning. People just like name Omega . . . it is already in the game in several places.
    Have you tried the new forum on your phone?
This discussion has been closed.