What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Design Your Ship Round 6 [Epsilon VS Omega]

Comments

• Options
    angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    #TeamOmega

Two would be nice.... Carrier and BATTLE-CARRIER. The feds need a battle-carrier.

WTF is a "Battle-carrier" supposed to be? Seriously, players would buy every ship if only there is a "battle" or "war" in the title.​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,282 Arc User
    #TeamOmega
    angrytarg wrote: »

Two would be nice.... Carrier and BATTLE-CARRIER. The feds need a battle-carrier.

WTF is a "Battle-carrier" supposed to be? Seriously, players would buy every ship if only there is a "battle" or "war" in the title.
    a battle carrier is supposed to be a tactically-focused carrier, much like the kar'fi (which ironically enough, IS called a battle carrier)​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • Options
    angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    #TeamOmega
    a battle carrier is supposed to be a tactically-focused carrier, much like the kar'fi (which ironically enough, IS called a battle carrier)

Of all non-nonsense ship designation, this one is certainly amongst the top 5 most hilarious ones pig-2.gif Would only be better if it was a "Battle Dreadnaught War-Carrier"​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • Options
    claudiusdkclaudiusdk Member Posts: 561 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    #TeamOmega
    "Battle Dreadnaught War-Carrier"​​

I will take 2 of those please o.o Regular and Fleet version.
    "Fleet Battle Dreadnaught War-Carrier" ;D
    "Please, Captain, not in front of the Klingons."
    Spock to Kirk, as Kirk is about to hug him.
    Star Trek V: "The Final Frontier"
  • Options
    ryandonnellryandonnell Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    #TeamOmega
    daveyny wrote: »
    All the folks that vote for the winning ship better buy the hell out of it and get all their friends to buy it also, or Cryptic will never do this again.
    I personally don't see the Omega being a "HOT" seller.
    <shrug>

I think we get the ship as a gift at STO's next birthday or X-mas. Because WE design OUR ship!! =)
  • Options
    wakeoflovewakeoflove Member Posts: 103 Arc User
    #TeamEpsilon
    rararezra wrote: »
    It really makes me go 'Huh..' that every one I have voted for has lost. Not least because none has been a particularly difficult decision... I've had a strong like and dislike in ever round. Curious.

I'm with you... I just want to be on the winning side, so I switched my vote.

I wonder how many other people liked epsilon but voted omega just cause "it's gonna win and I wanna be on the winning team." Enough to TRIBBLE epsilon out of a win? I wonder.
    NebulaOdyssey1_zpsqjc6anjg.jpg
    The Nebula-configured Odyssey needs to be a thing.
  • Options
    keletteskelettes Member Posts: 488 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    #TeamOmega
    I think we get the ship as a gift at STO's next birthday or X-mas. Because WE design OUR ship!! =)

That would be awesome :smile:

*knocks on wood...twice ^^*

But I think - if we'll indeed get it as a "gift" - we'll only get a cheap dumbed-down edition (which they'll later add to the fleet shipyards). Like they did with the Odyssey.

Another option is that it'll be added to the Admiralty system as one of those epic-quality campaign reward ships.
    Reaching Tier 10 in any Campaign will grant players a unique Epic-quality Admiralty Ship, thematically related to the Campaign in question.

[...]

With the launch of Season 11, two Campaigns will be available immediately:
    • United Federation of Planets
    • Klingon Empire

Going from there, maybe their next stunt will be the "design your ship - klingon edition", followed by a Romulan Republic campaign + ship later.

Third option is the combination of the first two :smiley:
    You get the knock-off as the campaign reward, then you have to reach into your zen-pocket for the rest.

Aaand there are probably a few more that I haven't considered ^^

</wild guessing>
    "Ad astra audacter eamus in alis fidelium."
    -
    "To boldly go to the stars on the wings of the faithful."
  • Options
    #TeamEpsilon
    wakeoflove wrote: »
    Voting for Omega BUT..

I must digress.

Take the saucer section of the Omega, Strap the Epsion Hull and Nacelles, make it a 4 Pylon version, I'd say the following.

shut_up_and_take_my_money.jpg

I could go for an omega/epsilon hybrid of this nature. Make it so!

It is done.

Omega%202_zpsyaafcvdg.png

Epsilon/Omega Hybrid. Yes my paint skills wont get me hired anytime soon XD

Hmm, I suspect my expectation was that the hybrid would essentially look like the epsilon with omega's super long hangar doors on it, lol. That aside, not bad, the top down in particular looks pretty decent, as well as the bottom up, From the other views, the epsilon's rugged angles and omega's organic curves don't seem to quite mesh, but a solid jumping off point that, with some polish, may work.
  • Options
    #TeamEpsilon
    Ugh, Epsilon, my beloved chunkapodimous, why are you losing?! TRY HARDER!
  • Options
    starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
    #TeamOmega
    @vandread010 : That looks awesome. Thank you.
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/
  • Options
    akpaakpa Member Posts: 250 Arc User
    i want to vote, but i don't like neither of them... i think cryptic is too afraid to have a 3rd option on the poll.
    but that's just me...
    my post's number is higher than smirk's dps
  • Options
    ikonn#1068 ikonn Member Posts: 1,450 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    #TeamOmega
    I like the Omega, but with the Epsilon nacelles.
    -AoP- Warrior's Blood (KDF Armada) / -AoP- Qu' raD qulbo'Degh / -AoP- Project Phoenix
  • Options
    johnwatson71johnwatson71 Member Posts: 187 Arc User
    #TeamEpsilon
    Voting for Omega BUT..

I must digress.

Take the saucer section of the Omega, Strap the Epsion Hull and Nacelles, make it a 4 Pylon version, I'd say the following.

It is done.

Hmmm. Nice.

THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT I WANT. RIGHT HERE!
    7aamriW.png
  • Options
    alcyoneserenealcyoneserene Member Posts: 2,413 Arc User
    #TeamEpsilon
    I like the Omega, but with the Epsilon nacelles.

I have to agree here as well. I'd vote for such a that design for #1. That combination truly makes for one good looking carrier, perhaps even something maybe 90% of voters would go with. #TeamOmega2Epsilon Hybird would get my vote for sure.
    Y945Yzx.jpg
    Devs: Provide the option to Turn OFF full screen flashes from enemy ship explosions
    · ♥ · ◦.¸¸. ◦'¯`·. (Ɏ) V A N U _ S O V E R E I G N T Y (Ɏ) .·´¯'◦.¸¸. ◦ · ♡ ·
    «» \▼/ T E R R A N ¦ R E P U B L I C \▼/ «»
    ﴾﴿ ₪ṩ ||| N A N I T E S Y S T E M S : B L A C K | O P S ||| ₪ṩ ﴾﴿
  • Options
    claudiusdkclaudiusdk Member Posts: 561 Arc User
    #TeamOmega

That kinda reminds me of the Eclipse Intel Cruiser.
    "Please, Captain, not in front of the Klingons."
    Spock to Kirk, as Kirk is about to hug him.
    Star Trek V: "The Final Frontier"
  • Options
    galattgalatt Member Posts: 707 Arc User
    #TeamOmega
    Voting for Omega BUT..

I must digress.

It is done.

ALL OF MY YES!
    sig_picture_resize_by_gx_9901-db9d1v1.png
  • Options
    maxvitormaxvitor Member Posts: 2,213 Arc User
    #TeamOmega
    claudiusdk wrote: »
    All of the quads remind me of the Eclipse Intel Cruiser, but I have to say this hybridization of parts from both the Omega and the Epsilon is appealing. I didn't choose the Epsilon primarily because I thought the warp engines looked too big, making the ship appear smaller, but in this configuration the engine hull proportions are much more credible for a carrier. Throw in the flying bridge pod from the Alpha and we have a winner.

If something is not broken, don't fix it, if it is broken, don't leave it broken.
    Oh Hell NO to ARC
  • Options
    highlandrisehighlandrise Member Posts: 354 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    #TeamOmega
    Voting for Omega BUT..

I must digress.

It is done.

THIS THIS THIS AAAAAAND THIS!

Cryptic Guys n Girls, you Refused to take other Third Party Designs Posted by Players before (including me) but THIS Kitbash between the Omega and the Epsilon Design is still YOUR STUFF, so PLS PRETTY PLEASE with 5 STARS ON IT, PLEASE Consider THIS one as an Alternative! Look People here stated AGAIN AND AGAIN, that they dont like the Omegas Secondary Hull (Non Existent) and its weird looking Nacceles, many Epsilon Voter also Stated that they would have Voted for Omega IF it did not had those Flaws, and also said that they like the Epsilons Pylons + Nacceles Better, well there ya go! Vandread010 made an EXCELLENT Kitbash of those two that iam sure the Majority here would Happily Accept!

If you want MY Money AND if you want to boost Sales for this upcomming Carrier, than PLEAAAAAAASEEEE take this Talented Guys Kitbash and give it us as another Option OR ATLEAST tell us that youl will give us the Option to Customize the Ship in the Tailor so it will look like THIS! CMON Listen to your Playerbase O_O

so yea my Vote is DEFINATELY for #TeamOmega2Epsilon
  • Options
    vandread010vandread010 Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    #TeamOmega
    maxvitor wrote: »
    All of the quads remind me of the Eclipse Intel Cruiser, but I have to say this hybridization of parts from both the Omega and the Epsilon is appealing. I didn't choose the Epsilon primarily because I thought the warp engines looked too big, making the ship appear smaller, but in this configuration the engine hull proportions are much more credible for a carrier. Throw in the flying bridge pod from the Alpha and we have a winner.

As you wish

Omega%202.1_zpsjz3ycdf3.png

And for the record this is ALL STILL Arc's property, not mine. NOT MINE.

Im just kit bashing for the heck of it and the people have spoken.

[SIGPIC]http://i849.photobucket.com/albums/ab53/Vandread010/apoph_zpscc05f31f.jpg[/SIGPIC]

Oh the humanity.... Oh the insanity.... Oh the Empty Queue bugs....
  • Options
    mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    #TeamOmega
    a battle carrier is supposed to be a tactically-focused carrier, much like the kar'fi (which ironically enough, IS called a battle carrier)

Of all non-nonsense ship designation, this one is certainly amongst the top 5 most hilarious ones pig-2.gif Would only be better if it was a "Battle Dreadnaught War-Carrier"

How about a Were Carrier? During full noon, it turns into a harmless freighter into a fully grown Carrier?​​
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • Options
    mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    #TeamOmega
    maxvitor wrote: »

As you wish

Omega%202.1_zpsjz3ycdf3.png

And for the record this is ALL STILL Arc's property, not mine. NOT MINE.

Im just kit bashing for the heck of it and the people have spoken.
    Not perfect yet, but I leave that to the guys at Cryptic.​​
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • Options
    turbomagnusturbomagnus Member Posts: 3,479 Arc User
    #TeamEpsilon
    Okay, all those in favor of trying to get Cryptic to just call it a night and accept Vandread's design as a compromise-winner, raise a hand, claw or other manipulatory appendage.
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross; but it's not for the timid." -- Q, TNG: "Q-Who?"
    ^Words that every player should keep in mind, especially whenever there's a problem with the game...
  • Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,282 Arc User
    #TeamOmega

Of all non-nonsense ship designation, this one is certainly amongst the top 5 most hilarious ones pig-2.gif Would only be better if it was a "Battle Dreadnaught War-Carrier"

How about a Were Carrier? During full noon, it turns into a harmless freighter into a fully grown Carrier?

for obvious reasons, i'd be all over that like white on rice​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • Options
    xaracrimsonxaracrimson Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    #TeamOmega
    Humm, was the Epsilon based on the Nelson, a John Eaves design?
  • Options
    sgoneillsgoneill Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    #TeamEpsilon

The nacelles and engineering section look much better than the current Omega. I'd vote for this if I could.
  • Options
    highlandrisehighlandrise Member Posts: 354 Arc User
    #TeamOmega
    Okay, all those in favor of trying to get Cryptic to just call it a night and accept Vandread's design as a compromise-winner, raise a hand, claw or other manipulatory appendage.

*RAISING MY CLAWS*
  • Options
    makocallowaymakocalloway Member Posts: 455 Arc User
    #TeamEpsilon
    null

Oh see you shouldn't have shown me that Mashup...I'm changing my vote. ..#teamEpsalonOmegaHybridFTW
    5rFUCPd.png

• Options
    #TeamEpsilon
    Ooo ooo AND Alpha's mission pod #AlphaEpsalonOmegaSuprimeMashupAwesomness
    5rFUCPd.png

• Options
    #TeamEpsilon
    Any bets on how many Galactica and Pegasus named carriers we're going to see after this gets released?
    5rFUCPd.png

• Options
    captainknight88captainknight88 Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    #TeamOmega
    Voting for Omega BUT..

I must digress.

It is done.

I have been saying this from the start about the design look/needs!!! Great job, now let us hope Cryptic is really looking at all the posts.
This discussion has been closed.