test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Extended Platform Maintenance – October 13

Comments

• Options
    angrybobhangrybobh Member Posts: 420 Arc User
    STO is now unlocked! While we're still bringing up the ArcClient, webpage, and billing, you can now log in.

up, is it? Launcher only tells me loading, please wait on a black screen. after 10 minutes of looking at this screen and nothing changing, I am going to assume that its totally broken right now because it was "fixed". Maybe I'll check back tomorrow.
  • Options
    turbomagnusturbomagnus Member Posts: 3,479 Arc User
    End of the day, we still like it, they STILL didn't ruin it enough for us to leave!

Oh, god, don't say that - they might take it as a challenge!
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross; but it's not for the timid." -- Q, TNG: "Q-Who?"
    ^Words that every player should keep in mind, especially whenever there's a problem with the game...
  • Options
    swamarianswamarian Member Posts: 1,506 Arc User
    I'm getting timeouts connecting to the login server. Are people really in the game?
  • Options
    carvin72carvin72 Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    Looks like ARC is still down ... if you have STEAM you can get in ... I think
    CRY HAVOC, AND LET SLIP THE DOGS OF WAR
  • Options
    swamarianswamarian Member Posts: 1,506 Arc User
    Oh, ho. The icon on my desktop's useless. Launching the Exe directly worked.
  • Options
    Yeah ... no help using Exe ... guess i'll call it an early night
  • Options
    kepler11kepler11 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    Yup, nothing works, just keeps timing out, doesn't update, .exe doesn't do it...
  • Options
    pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
    I'm looking into the SNRs. I've flagged down the team.
  • Options
    Per twitter feed ... networking team looking into SNR spikes and login connection issues
  • Options
    caleb143caleb143 Member Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    I too got SNRs, and login_timeouts. Went to reboot my computer after forcing sto closed because it was stuck on 'connecting to login server' for several minutes, and now i'm getting the launcher auto-updater loops ('tried connecting 9 times' at this post's posting)

After more attempts, and an error message, i finally got the launcher to work
    tumblr_o0xkrlVud21uuxsqjo1_1280.png
  • Options
    sebam123sebam123 Member Posts: 1 New User
    The .exe worked for me! :D
  • Options
    Out of curiousity, why's the website-news page still down?
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross; but it's not for the timid." -- Q, TNG: "Q-Who?"
    ^Words that every player should keep in mind, especially whenever there's a problem with the game...
  • Options
    silly281silly281 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    how do you get on maintence for STO was 6am to 3am pdt. arc was 6am to 6pm pdt and I still can't get on
  • Options
    kingloading1kingloading1 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    the 12 hour server down for maintenance is now over for the past 36 minutes, and you still cant login the game and not even get the arc launcher! will a new season ever be available at the time its supposed to be ready? :(((

• Options
    primar13primar13 Member Posts: 1,896 Bug Hunter
    the 12 hour server down for maintenance is now over for the past 36 minutes, and you still cant login the game and not even get the arc launcher! will a new season ever be available at the time its supposed to be ready? :(((

This is not the new season Launch. Thats still a few weeks away.
  • Options
    Ugh ... hated to do it ... got STEAM ... right into STO ...
  • Options
    jgilljgill Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    Any ETA of when we will be able to log in to the arc client to get on the game?
  • Options
    rararezrarararezra Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    I still can't get in...
    BannerAd.jpg?attachauth=ANoY7cqKGfmigEaa_Mj-3pbccgK-CzMTV1kHbjirr85d8RZ625XogaajKJO_2YL_60T-sG4EfHAbI_j6tB_eIU_kOpughtVZHD0Wj9iKkT7vr7B4Tclv3WCF5JpCIBoHq_SDi_ww94009Bcgb1o09AsCl_w8CIvwJ6miWwXbRQ0IsthtJEhe4iBfs1UuPTYKZdYlRcfN9-mZrfRvHQu10ERy5i17BZJ1bA%3D%3D&attredirects=0
  • Options
    elvisqshatnerelvisqshatner Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    After a half-dozen game client launches, I'm finally logged in but it took almost no time for SNR's to greet me in sector space.

Way to go.... :s
  • Options
    Everything Arc-related still down, even the website... Guess it'll be down until sometime Wednesday/today, then...
  • Options
    trailturtletrailturtle Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58
    Everything Arc-related still down, even the website... Guess it'll be down until sometime Wednesday/today, then...

Have you cleared your cache, Ctrl-F5? If that doesn't do it, can you screenshot the error you get -- is it that you get redirected to the Extended Maintenance page when you try to go to arcgames.com, or do you get a DNS error? What error do you get when you try to log in to the Arc client, or when you run the launcher and log in on it? I'm at the office for a little while longer, I might be able to poke around if the details give me a good lead.
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    Part of that was referring to the problems others were mentioning; my specific problem is that attempts to go to the STO News page on the website are still redirecting me to the Extended Maintenance page. It doesn't seem to matter if I try to get there from my bookmarks or from the STO Game page, I still end up on the Extended Maintenance page.

Edit:
    ...And I had to do it manually, but clearing out my web cache seems to have done the job...
    Post edited by turbomagnus on
  • Options
    trailturtletrailturtle Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58
    Part of that was referring to the problems others were mentioning; my specific problem is that attempts to go to the STO News page on the website are still redirecting me to the Extended Maintenance page. It doesn't seem to matter if I try to get there from my bookmarks or from the STO Game page, I still end up on the Extended Maintenance page.

Now THAT is a weird one. If you've got time to poke around, I'd be interested to see what you're running into -- the below are the checks I'd run, and if you'd like, feel free to use them.

-Ctrl-F5 or otherwise clear cache
    -Change browser
    -Logged in, or logged out? Try switching
    -Are subdomains redirecting? Try https://support.arcgames.com/ or https://billing.arcgames.com/en/chargenew/
    -Are the other redirects we set up affecting you? Try www.perfectworld.com/login (the www is important, in this case), and just for giggles, launcher.perfectworld.com/fw/launcher.html
  • Options
    angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    ilithyn wrote: »
    Okay so STO in up, but Arc is still down. So what's the ETA on that?

(No I don't have steam and I don't want it either.)

Just use the .exe in your STO folder. You don't need ARC or Steam at all, just use the games' native launcher​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • Options
    ilithynilithyn Member Posts: 903 Arc User
    angrytarg wrote: »
    ilithyn wrote: »
    Okay so STO in up, but Arc is still down. So what's the ETA on that?

(No I don't have steam and I don't want it either.)

Just use the .exe in your STO folder. You don't need ARC or Steam at all, just use the games' native launcher​​

Know it's a bit late to the party but I was asleep, timezones and all that jazz, but I've tried that and for some reason it doesn't work for me :(. I suppose some day I'll try to figure out why, but that day is not today.
    Logic is the beginning of wisdom, not the end of it.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Arc User
    Is there a reason a 175mb patch keeps patching everytime I load the launcher?
  • Options
    shadowwraith77shadowwraith77 Member Posts: 6,395 Arc User

Ack, not the Dino avatar Trendy, anything but the Dino avatar!
    tumblr_nq9ec3BSAy1qj6sk2o2_500_zpspkqw0mmk.gif

Praetor of the -RTS- Romulan Tal Shiar fleet!

• Options
    saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,395 Arc User

Ack, not the Dino avatar Trendy, anything but the Dino avatar!
    It's a JP raptor, JP raptors are cool no matter how much you despise the Voth.
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1