Options

Extended Platform Maintenance – October 13

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    idashla wrote: »
    sov42 wrote: »
    [grabs tinfoil beanie] Wouldn't this just be the perfect time to wedge in a surprise release of Season 11? Twelve hours of downtime in which to get all the new code deployed and validated by internal QA teams. I know if it was my Operations team here at work, we'd take advantage of a planned outage like this. C'mon Crytpic, you know you want to do it!

Like I said before, what are they gonna break this time?

Reman arms of course. They will make them invisible. OH WAIT!!! That is still broken. LOL.

May I suggest:

AFarewellToArmsCover.jpg

Couldn't resist making this joke again. ;)
  • Options
    ccs46ccs46 Member Posts: 117 Arc User
    reyan01 wrote: »
    guljarol wrote: »
    2 pm to 2 am. Got it! Book day!​​

Same. Usually play for a few hours in the evening. Will finish reading the, frankly SUPERB, Voyager relaunch novel 'Acts of Contrition' instead.
    I LOVED that novel!

• Options
    lsapsinlsapsin Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    Well yesterday it said 6a to 9:30a today 6a to 3p and arc says 6a to 6p so I guess we don't really know how long? Well at least we made Tier 2 on Galactic Restoration Week 1 way to go people keep it up.
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    Maintenance Engineer Reporting - Today we begin maintenance on ship systems but we don't know how long it will take. Ships Computer said 3 1/2hrs to complete and my original thought 12hrs but my assistant said he can do it in 9hrs. I guess he is a Miricle Worker but I guess time will tell.
  • Options
    warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    The forums will be down too. Guess people will have to whine on Twitter and Reddit when the maintenance gets delayed. :D
  • Options
    nebfabnebfab Member Posts: 672 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    rob2485 wrote: »
    lsapsin wrote: »
    Maintenance Engineer Reporting - Today we begin maintenance on ship systems but we don't know how long it will take. Ships Computer said 3 1/2hrs to complete and my original thought 12hrs but my assistant said he can do it in 9hrs. I guess he is a Miricle Worker but I guess time will tell.

They should do like Scotty and multiply repair estimates by a factor of 4 so when they finish early we can call them miracle workers.

Scotty was a very wise man. Doing what he did in that episode isn't puffery, it's sound engineering. Because when things do go wrong (not if, when) that multiplied estimate comes in very handy, and that reserve strength is all the difference between "whew, that was close" and a Very Bad Thing. And if they don't go as wrong as you exprcted, you're a miracle worker, yes.

ADD: Anyway, my guess is that the shortest estimate comes from someone who simply forgot to update the standard announcement, the 12 hours one is "Scotty time" and the current official one is a management decision... Which means it most likely would take longer than that, but less than 12 hours.
  • Options
    hsm2k4hsm2k4 Member Posts: 67 Arc User
    Will STO being doing weekly patch at the same time? Two birds, one stone.

any answer to this? I doubt they will do both, but would be nice for a change.
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    hsm2k4 wrote: »
    Will STO being doing weekly patch at the same time? Two birds, one stone.

any answer to this? I doubt they will do both, but would be nice for a change.

Probably not weekly patches are always Thursdays regardless of other down time. But it would be nice if they did that!
  • Options
    sylkrodesylkrode Member Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    I'd like to fall back on Neverwinter, but that is going to be down, as well. Well, it looks like I'll have to binge Classic Doctor Who. I'll probably finish Davison at that rate.
  • Options
    turbomagnusturbomagnus Member Posts: 3,479 Arc User
    Captain's Log, stardate 15101.3.... We have entered the area of space known as the 'Downtime Expanse'. There is nothing in this area except emptiness, much like the void between galactic arms once visited by the starship Voyager, and there is no way around it. We shall have to make due during our time here until we reach the other side and hope for a safe arrival...
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross; but it's not for the timid." -- Q, TNG: "Q-Who?"
    ^Words that every player should keep in mind, especially whenever there's a problem with the game...
  • Options
    saber1973asaber1973a Member Posts: 1,224 Arc User
    On Tribble now the broken things are (not including the "new", tested things):

1) no Remans as playable race even if i got New Romulus reputation to Tier V
    2) BOFFs rewarded from episodes can't be commissioned (including the first ones from tutorials)
    3) every time i change map all devices are missing from power trays....

So which ones will get copied to main server now, hmm?
  • Options
    alcyoneserenealcyoneserene Member Posts: 2,413 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    Hope this extended maintenance extends as long as it needs to for network improvements to be implemented properly.

I'd rather wait a few days or a week even than come back to a broken server that may last months.

Kind of worried as I didn't have much in-game lag issues outside of special events and if not counting the tray activation problems, but I'll be happy if more people who had severe issues will be able to play for once. Lag and disconnects are a serious problem for many and glad to see it being acknowledged and more serious fix attempts under way.

eta: grammar fail fix.
    Y945Yzx.jpg
    Devs: Provide the option to Turn OFF full screen flashes from enemy ship explosions
    · ♥ · ◦.¸¸. ◦'¯`·. (Ɏ) V A N U _ S O V E R E I G N T Y (Ɏ) .·´¯'◦.¸¸. ◦ · ♡ ·
    «» \▼/ T E R R A N ¦ R E P U B L I C \▼/ «»
    ﴾﴿ ₪ṩ ||| N A N I T E S Y S T E M S : B L A C K | O P S ||| ₪ṩ ﴾﴿
  • Options
    bobbydazlersbobbydazlers Member Posts: 4,534 Arc User
    Sounds like I won't be able to get on the game for quite a while on this day. I'm already getting the shakes just thinking about it ;)

my thoughts exactly, only one comment I can add and that is NOOOOOOOOOOO!

When I think about everything we've been through together,

maybe it's not the destination that matters, maybe it's the journey,

and if that journey takes a little longer,

so we can do something we all believe in,

I can't think of any place I'd rather be or any people I'd rather be with.

• Options
    powskierpowskier Member Posts: 67 Arc User
    great..i am stuck workin late nights,and STO goes offline an hour after geting home. Fall of Truth ,I guess -my paladin need commendations
  • Options
    thetaninethetanine Member Posts: 1,367 Arc User
    On October 13, our teams will be performing an extended maintenance (6am PDT to 3pm PDT) to make networking improvements on our servers. This maintenance will affect our Arc platform as well as all pages on our arcgames.com domain and games hosted from our servers that are launched from Arc and other platforms.

More details can be found here.

~LaughingTrendy

OH SNAP! I followed the link and guess what I got?

This:

The page isn't redirecting properly
    Firefox has detected that the server is redirecting the request for this address in a way that will never complete.
    This problem can sometimes be caused by disabling or refusing to accept cookies.​​
    STAR TREK
    lD8xc9e.png
  • Options
    mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    thetanine wrote: »
    On October 13, our teams will be performing an extended maintenance (6am PDT to 3pm PDT) to make networking improvements on our servers. This maintenance will affect our Arc platform as well as all pages on our arcgames.com domain and games hosted from our servers that are launched from Arc and other platforms.

~LaughingTrendy

This:

Firefox has detected that the server is redirecting the request for this address in a way that will never complete.
    This problem can sometimes be caused by disabling or refusing to accept cookies.​​

That probably means that the maintenance has started. The forums itself seem to be hosted differently than the rest of Arc.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • Options
    questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,381 Arc User
    Probably. Was kind or surprised that the forums were still up and running.​​
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    gulberatgulberat Member Posts: 5,505 Arc User
    thetanine wrote: »

~LaughingTrendy

This:

That probably means that the maintenance has started. The forums itself seem to be hosted differently than the rest of Arc.

They are, I believe. The old vanillaforums URL we had makes me think so.

Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM for more. :-)
    Proudly F2P.  Signature image by gulberat. Avatar image by balsavor.deviantart.com.
  • Options
    delerouxdeleroux Member Posts: 478 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    Forums virutally never share the game servers. It's like some of you have never seen another MMO before...
  • Options
    sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    is it much farther pappa smurf?
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• Options
    is it much farther pappa smurf?

About three and a quarter hours, I think... assuming there's no last-minute extensions.
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross; but it's not for the timid." -- Q, TNG: "Q-Who?"
    ^Words that every player should keep in mind, especially whenever there's a problem with the game...
  • Options
    sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    tis a sad day indeed with lotro down as well. Being forced to work is degrading :(
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• Options
    pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
    STO is now unlocked! While we're still bringing up the ArcClient, webpage, and billing, you can now log in.
  • Options
    trillbuffettrillbuffet Member Posts: 861 Arc User
    I am amazed that there is still mmo's out there that have to go down for maintenance.
  • Options
    ilithynilithyn Member Posts: 903 Arc User
    Okay so STO in up, but Arc is still down. So what's the ETA on that?

(No I don't have steam and I don't want it either.)
    Logic is the beginning of wisdom, not the end of it.
  • Options
    STO is now unlocked! While we're still bringing up the ArcClient, webpage, and billing, you can now log in.

Billing being down shouldn't affect the Dilithium Exchange, right? We should still be able to trade/sell dilithium and Zen?
  • Options
    gradiigradii Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    Congratulations you broke it as expected *facepalm* chat offline and repeated SNR.

"He shall be my finest warrior, this generic man who was forced upon me.
    Like a badass I shall make him look, and in the furnace of war I shall forge him.
    he shall be of iron will and steely sinew.
    In great armour I shall clad him and with the mightiest weapons he shall be armed.
    He will be untouched by plague or disease; no sickness shall blight him.
    He shall have such tactics, strategies and machines that no foe will best him in battle.
    He is my answer to cryptic logic, he is the Defender of my Romulan Crew.
    He is Tovan Khev... and he shall know no fear."