test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Extended Platform Maintenance – October 13

Comments

• Options
    captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User
    It may have to upgrading aspects of the games and forums to better optimize with Windows 10, better DirectX programs, etc.

Just a thought.
  • Options
    captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User
    At least it's after Thanksgiving Monday.
  • Options
    bloodyrizbloodyriz Member Posts: 1,756 Arc User

Ummmnm, what?​​
    signature.png
    We come in peace, SHOOT TO KILL!
  • Options
    questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,381 Arc User

Thanksgiving is November 26th​​
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    questerius wrote: »

LoL ...
    And NEVER on a MONDAY here in the States.

Perhaps he meant Columbus Day?
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • Options
    daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    [grabs tinfoil beanie] Wouldn't this just be the perfect time to wedge in a surprise release of Season 11? Twelve hours of downtime in which to get all the new code deployed and validated by internal QA teams. I know if it was my Operations team here at work, we'd take advantage of a planned outage like this. C'mon Crytpic, you know you want to do it!

I'm hoping Season 11 arrives on the 22nd.
    It's my birthday and I'm on vacation that week.
    (though if it arrived any day the week before, I'd be happy with that too)
    B)
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • Options
    rangerryurangerryu Member Posts: 284 Arc User
    daveyny wrote: »
    questerius wrote: »

LoL ...
    And NEVER on a MONDAY here in the States.

Perhaps he meant Columbus Day?

Canadian Thanksgiving.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Arc User
    rangerryu wrote: »
    Canadian Thanksgiving.

ie. Bacon-wrapped Turducken day.

• Options
    danielhunter1991danielhunter1991 Member Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    Sounds like I won't be able to get on the game for quite a while on this day. I'm already getting the shakes just thinking about it ;)
  • Options
    danielhunter1991danielhunter1991 Member Posts: 91 Arc User
    galatt wrote: »
    I guess I'll have to spend the day interacting with these strange people in my house. I think they're called... family

I would be careful if I where you, one of them is probably a Undine :smile:
  • Options
    turbomagnusturbomagnus Member Posts: 3,479 Arc User
    galatt wrote: »
    I guess I'll have to spend the day interacting with these strange people in my house. I think they're called... family

I would be careful if I where you, one of them is probably a Undine :smile:

I don't know about anyone else, but I have some family that the Undine would probably be the preferable option...
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross; but it's not for the timid." -- Q, TNG: "Q-Who?"
    ^Words that every player should keep in mind, especially whenever there's a problem with the game...
  • Options
    vorwodavorwoda Member Posts: 695 Arc User
    Thank heavens! Been getting SNRs every 10 or 15 minutes ever since the last patch. Maybe feeding the server hamsters to Caitians and Ferasans, and replacing them with new ones on the 13th will help. Especially if the new ones see what's happening to the old intractable ones.
  • Options
    cidjackcidjack Member Posts: 2,017 Arc User
    Time to work on my tan....
    Armada: Multiplying fleet projects in need of dilithium by 13."
    95bced8038c91ec6f880d510e6fd302f366a776c4c5761e5f7931d491667a45e.jpgvia Imgflip Meme Generator
  • Options
    vorwoda wrote: »
    Thank heavens! Been getting SNRs every 10 or 15 minutes ever since the last patch. Maybe feeding the server hamsters to Caitians and Ferasans, and replacing them with new ones on the 13th will help. Especially if the new ones see what's happening to the old intractable ones.

Or maybe ditch the hamsters and take on slave labour, instead. I hear that's all the rage in China, right PWE?
  • Options
    wupteedowupteedo Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    Just found "Sword Art Online II" on Netflix. I know what I will be doing Tuesday night instead of STO.
  • Options
    groomofweirdgroomofweird Member Posts: 1,045 Arc User
    Rotten luck lol!
    The mrs had planned a day out with a friend of hers taking the baby with her. The kids are going to be in school...T'was going to be a day of glorious gaming and man food, but alas. I am forced once again to log in to this "Real World" server, still in Alpha and not that great, but it fills in the gaps with STO.
    Im not really complaining though, any server improvements are welcome from this player.
    Nimoysig1_zpsr79joxz3.jpg
    "If this will be our end, then I will have them make SUCH an end as to be worthy of rememberance! Out of torpedos you say?! Find me the ferengi!".
  • Options
    gfreeman98gfreeman98 Member Posts: 1,200 Arc User
    So now it's going to be down for only 3½ hours?

Launcher is telling me:
    We will be performing shard maintenance on October 13th from 6-9:30 AM Pacific (13:00-16:30 UTC).
    screenshot_2015-03-01-resize4.png
  • Options
    lsapsinlsapsin Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    gfreeman98 wrote: »
    So now it's going to be down for only 3½ hours?

Launcher is telling me:
    We will be performing shard maintenance on October 13th from 6-9:30 AM Pacific (13:00-16:30 UTC).

I am getting that to so which is it 12hrs or 3 1/2?
  • Options
    vengefuldjinnvengefuldjinn Member Posts: 1,520 Arc User
    I'm getting 6-3 pm ? isn't that 21 hours? So exactly how long is this maintenance then ?
    hu_zpsjgz2ynbt.jpg
    tumblr_o2aau3b7nh1rkvl19o1_400.gif

• Options
    orion0029orion0029 Member Posts: 1,122 Bug Hunter
    Not sure why it took so long to register for me (saw the blog days ago)... But, wow that's a lengthy maintenence.

Definately frees up my 'gaming time' for other stuff... perhaps I can get some Autumn tasks done.
  • Options
    I'm getting 6-3 pm ? isn't that 21 hours? So exactly how long is this maintenance then ?
    hu_zpsjgz2ynbt.jpg

No, that would be 9 hours. So, they cut 3 hrs from the original 12 hr schedule.
  • Options
    gfreeman98gfreeman98 Member Posts: 1,200 Arc User
    LOL - everybody is getting different times.

Guy making the Launcher notice: go home, you're drunk! ;)
    screenshot_2015-03-01-resize4.png
  • Options
    zebulongileszebulongiles Member Posts: 335 Arc User
    They updated the launcher notice time, now reads 6 AM to 3PM Pacific.
  • Options
    hunterguyver4hunterguyver4 Member Posts: 64 Arc User
    So 9am here to 6pm here, I am sure I can find something to do to keep my mind occupied. I can do maintenance on some of my Guyver fan fiction before posting it :D
    "Richard, I'll give you one word of advice, you shouldn't anger a demigod" - Lord Archanfel, Supreme Zoalord and leader of the Chronos Organization in the series Guyver: The Bioboosted Armor series.
  • Options
    vengefuldjinnvengefuldjinn Member Posts: 1,520 Arc User
    sov42 wrote: »
    hu_zpsjgz2ynbt.jpg

No, that would be 9 hours. So, they cut 3 hrs from the original 12 hr schedule.

I thank you for the clarification, It's been an amazingly LONG and hectic day ! :)

tumblr_o2aau3b7nh1rkvl19o1_400.gif

• Options
    idashlaidashla Member Posts: 87 Arc User
    sov42 wrote: »
    [grabs tinfoil beanie] Wouldn't this just be the perfect time to wedge in a surprise release of Season 11? Twelve hours of downtime in which to get all the new code deployed and validated by internal QA teams. I know if it was my Operations team here at work, we'd take advantage of a planned outage like this. C'mon Crytpic, you know you want to do it!

Like I said before, what are they gonna break this time?

Reman arms of course. They will make them invisible. OH WAIT!!! That is still broken. LOL.

ZNju0ze.jpg
  • Options
    breadandcircusesbreadandcircuses Member Posts: 2,355 Arc User
    vorwoda wrote: »

That's me, pretty much. It only seems to happen at certain times of day, but since those are when I usually start playing I've instead burned through a lot of TV (mostly via the internet, btw) lately. Whatever that last patch did has really cut back on my STO time... and I was one of the lucky folk that rarely have issues. :tongue:

Anyway, good luck getting done what needs doing during the downtime.
    Ym9x9Ji.png
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    I do not like Geko ether.
    iconians wrote: »
    With each passing day I wonder if I stepped into an alternate reality. The Cubs win the world series. Donald Trump is President. Britain leaves the EU. STO gets a dedicated PvP season. Engineers are "out of control" in STO.​​