test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Design Your Ship Round 5 [Alpha VS Gamma]

Comments

• dalnar83dalnar83 Member Posts: 2,420 Arc User
    #TeamGamma
    LOL, I always pick the loosing ship...so there is still hope we won't get that Jupiter clone...I will vote for that !
    "Cryptic Studio’s Jack Emmert (2010): Microtransactions are the biggest bunch of nonsense. I like paying one fee and not worrying about it – like my cellphone. The world’s biggest MMO isn’t item based, even though the black market item GDP is bigger than Russia … microtransactions make me want to die.”
  • xaracrimsonxaracrimson Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    #TeamGamma
    Gamma for me, Alpha looks way too much like another Deep Space Science Vessel to me.
  • jaturnleyjaturnley Member Posts: 1,218 Arc User
    #TeamAlpha
    I am a sucker for Miranda-style weapon pods. #TeamAlpha it is.
  • maolanmaolan Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    #TeamAlpha
    Alpha looks nice..Great form in the artwork..and different enough to be a keeper.

I love the saucer design on the Gamma, however the deflector array just seems too chunky and out of place. Looks like a glorified Nova. :# Even though I voted for Gamma last round...

Going with Alpha.

EDIT: To be quite honest, if these high-rez displays had been shown in the first-round of voting, I think the outcome might have been slightly different. I feel that Beta could have had a decent chance of outshining Alpha with its presence.
  • gameversemangameverseman Member Posts: 1,110 Arc User
    #TeamGamma
    #TeamGamma The Alpha design is the same design used for the Fed intel cruiser which is NOT carrier quality.
    signature.png
  • daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    It's a dang shame They didn't post these kind of views from the start, I think the voting would have gone a bit different.
    (of course, we all know that Omega is going to be the winner at any rate)

It loos like Alphas launch bays are on the sides and Gammas are in the front?

I'm not crazy about eithers nacelle arrangements.
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • mandoknight89mandoknight89 Member Posts: 1,687 Arc User
    #TeamAlpha
    I'm going to flat out say it: I vote for #TeamAlpha. I originally liked Gamma more, but after seeing Hector Ortiz's render of the Alpha, it much more fits my vision of what I think the ship should look like.

Yeah, the side hangar bays help make the Alpha look really good.
  • svindal777svindal777 Member Posts: 856 Arc User
    #TeamAlpha
    That model of the Alpha looks much better then the 1st 1.
    Well excuse me for having enormous flaws that I don't work on.
  • swamarianswamarian Member Posts: 1,506 Arc User
    #TeamGamma
    I'm going to join the chorus praising the new art. And because I'm on a losing streak, #teamGamma
  • irm1963irm1963 Member Posts: 682 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    #TeamAlpha
    I'm going to flat out say it: I vote for #TeamAlpha. I originally liked Gamma more, but after seeing Hector Ortiz's render of the Alpha, it much more fits my vision of what I think the ship should look like.

Aye, same here. Still not a fan of the mismatched nacelles though, are we perhaps going to be able to customise that sort of thing on the winning design (nacelles, mission pod if fitted etc) ? I know we often do, but that's usually only on ships that use stock parts or have existing versions.
  • oldravenman3025oldravenman3025 Member Posts: 1,892 Arc User
    #TeamAlpha
    This was a hard choice for me. I really like both designs. So, I just flipped a coin and Alpha won.
  • nrobbiecnrobbiec Member Posts: 959 Arc User
    #TeamGamma
    Alpha looks so unoriginal, it's barely any different to the Eclipse class.
  • ronanobrienronanobrien Member Posts: 117 Arc User
    #TeamAlpha
    It was tough between these two, but when I looked at the 3D models for Alpha, compared to Beta, it was sealed. It looks more like a true Starfleet vessel, while still having a carrier feel to it.
  • bunansabunansa Member Posts: 928 Arc User
    #TeamAlpha
    Yep Alpha still...

And now I find it funny that our final match will be between Alpha and Omega...just calling it now
    tumblr_ndmkqm59J31r5ynioo2_r2_500.gif

• zisko#6191 zisko Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    #TeamAlpha
    Alpha, looks better.
  • thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,101 Arc User
    #TeamGamma
    Voted but #TeamOmega will win. :/
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • cuchulainn74cuchulainn74 Member Posts: 831 Arc User
    #TeamAlpha
    bunansa wrote: »
    Yep Alpha still...

And now I find it funny that our final match will be between Alpha and Omega...just calling it now

I suspect Trendy flexed her muscles as a psychohistorian and orchestrated that little joke from the start!
    Fleet Admiral CuChulainn - U.S.S. Aegis KT Intel Dreadnought Cruiser
    vGdvFsX.jpg

• usscapitalusscapital Member Posts: 985 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    both do not look like a carrier to me but what does anybody care about my opinion :p
    NERF NERF NERF ONLINE

DELTA PRICE RISING
  • bunansabunansa Member Posts: 928 Arc User
    #TeamAlpha
    bunansa wrote: »
    Yep Alpha still...

I suspect Trendy flexed her muscles as a psychohistorian and orchestrated that little joke from the start!

It is highly possible...

SO, do we get a cool new ingame title if we been voting the whole time?
    Also, whats the build phase going to be? I mean are we going to be like voting on bridge seating configurations, weapons, power level bonuses, turn rate that kinda thing? or.....

I think as a true carrier (and this should be retro'd in the kdf carrier, is a command hybrid seat and an intel hybrid seat, I know I know...it would be way overpowered then...
    tumblr_ndmkqm59J31r5ynioo2_r2_500.gif

• kmhkmh Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    #TeamAlpha
    So I'm definite on my decision for Team Alpha . . . but i prefer the nacelle positioning and offset of the Gamma design (shorter ones up top, closer together and the longer ones down below, spaced further apart)
  • scififan78scififan78 Member Posts: 1,383 Arc User
    #TeamAlpha
    Alpha looks better.
  • rakhohl#4803 rakhohl Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    #TeamAlpha
    Both are great designs, based on these new angles. The Gamma kind of reminds me of the NX-01. But, ultimately, I think the Alpha is my favorite choice.
    lljAN7v.png
  • dtepasdtepas Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    #TeamGamma
    Gamma is more balanced
  • crazymammothcrazymammoth Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    #TeamGamma
    Team Gamma for the win! if it looses i really don't care about this poll anymore
  • sovereign47sovereign47 Member Posts: 399 Arc User
    #TeamAlpha
    Alpha looks way better and as I voted for her first time, I'm voting for her now too. The only thing I dislike are those mismatched nacelles. Hope we'll have an option to fix that.
    FED ENG: FA Sirius Verax (USS Leviathan) , FED TAC (Delta): FA Adria Tyllex (USS Thunderblade) , ROM TAC: ADM Kill'ina (IRW Imperix Thrai) , KLING ENG (Delta): LT. GEN Ghol'Vaq Martok (IKS Qeh'Ral II) - 44th Fleet member
    SZ1RgUL.jpg
    SUPPORTING PLAYABLE CARDASSIAN AND DOMINION FACTIONS!
  • wakeoflovewakeoflove Member Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    #TeamAlpha
    danpmk wrote: »
    These are both really nice designs... It'd be easier to vote if I had some idea of what kind of boff seating the ships will have, since Alpha looks more science-oriented (even has the Nebula mission pod, like Delta, which was my first choice), while Gamma looks more tactical-oriented with those sharper edges and more claw-like nacelles. I know the Atrox has a heavy science focus already, so I imagine this new carrier will go in a bit of a different direction, though that will depend on which specialization it gets I guess.

Even though I expect Epsilon to lose to Omega, and Alpha and Omega have many similarities, making me want to vote Gamma, I'll have to just go on aesthetics and choose Alpha. It's very well-designed, looks very large regardless of what it's size will end up being, and has all the features I'd expect of traditional Federation starship design: Smooth curves, high-quality engineering, imposing but diplomatic at the same time.

I suspect that the "build" in the competition timeline might have something to do with the stats/bridge layout. I'm not sure what else it could be as we have "design" the part we are voting on now, then "build" and then "model" well... modeling would be the next graphics step after determining what the design is, so "build" may be voting on the stats.
    NebulaOdyssey1_zpsqjc6anjg.jpg
    The Nebula-configured Odyssey needs to be a thing.
  • wakeoflovewakeoflove Member Posts: 103 Arc User
    #TeamAlpha
    I voted team alpha, but yeah, this new art really did give gamma the fighting chance for my vote that it certainly would not have had from the original concept.

I think it's interesting that gamma seems like a throwback to the nx-01 while alpha looks like it has elements of the enterprise J in it what with that deflector

At the end of the competition, ya'll should post the high res art for all of the contenders so we can really see what we missed out on, you know, a little salt in the wound... just for fun.
    NebulaOdyssey1_zpsqjc6anjg.jpg
    The Nebula-configured Odyssey needs to be a thing.
  • thenoname711thenoname711 Member Posts: 204 Arc User
    #TeamAlpha
    Wow, alpha looks so good now on the concept art. Gamma isn't bad either but alpha is better suited for the carrier role.
    Gameserver not found.