test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Kagan does not have long to live

2»

Comments

• rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,521 Community Moderator
    questerius wrote: »
    I feel the obsession with Kagan is unjustified...

quest... these are the same people who want to space Tovan. What did you expect?
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,282 Arc User
    I feel the obsession with Kagan is unjustified

kind of like the obsession with sela...but only just barely in her case *stalks off to find a flamethrower*​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • gulberatgulberat Member Posts: 5,505 Arc User
    rattler2 wrote: »

quest... these are the same people who want to space Tovan. What did you expect?

Not necessarily the same people. Tovan I can understand and like because he is explicitly defined as not a professional--he's a young, hotheaded civilian in a situation WAY over his head. And for me, I can appreciate that characterization for what it is and not expect the same behavior I would out of an officer with years of training and experience.

Kagran for me doesn't get the same kind of pass as I easily give to Tovan.

Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM for more. :-)
    Proudly F2P.  Signature image by gulberat. Avatar image by balsavor.deviantart.com.
  • rahmkota19rahmkota19 Member Posts: 1,929 Arc User
    My only thought on the story was what I believe to be a misunderstanding of where Starfleet Academy is (unless I'm the one misunderstanding it). The story says that the celebration was happening in the city across the Bay (when they're at Starfleet Academy). My understanding is that Starfleet Academy is located in what used to be the Presidio, which is on the same side of the Bay as the city. The next paragraph then talks about that city as San Francisco, so it appears the author thinks Starfleet Academy is on the other side of the Golden Gate Bridge.

Starfleet Academy is on the north side of the Golden Gate Bridge. The very windy and cold side, where at the moment there is nothing except a parking spot (if memory serves me correctly). San Fransisco is on the south side of the bay, so on the other side from Starfleet Academy.

From what we saw of canon, this is where the academy is supposed to be. With a very confusing shot in Star Trek VI ignored (honestly, I see the bridge, but don't know how to orientate myself). I personally think the best shot is in DS9: "The Changiing Face of Evil", where we see a badly damaged Academy with a war-touched San Fran in the distance across the bay just after the Breen attack.

Beam down to the Academy for a change and look across the sea water. In the distance, you can see the skyscrapers of San Fran, across the bay.
  • crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,115 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    It seems that Sela blames Kagan for letting the Iconians know it was a Romulan who killed an Iconian...

Maybe Kagan will finally pay the price for his idiocy?

Thoughts?

For reference to Sela's blame, check: http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/9573293

What? In STO (and even in actual Star Trek: TNG episodes) Sela hasn't managed to successfully pull off one of her schemes yet. I don't see that changing. ;)
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • jorantomalakjorantomalak Member Posts: 7,133 Arc User
    theres not enough numbers to count to tally the people , places, factions and ergonomic chairs sela has a grudge against , she is starting to remind me of a typical scooby doo villain "i wouldve gotten away with it , if it werent for those pesky admirals and their little klingon".

She wont be happy till she has gotten herself and every romulan dragged back into another war with the dominion and the KDF i say lets feed her to t'ket as a peace offering and if thats not enough we just go back in time and keep feeding her to t;ket over and over till t;ket gets tired of killing sela lol
  • shinnok918shinnok918 Member Posts: 312 Arc User

I don't want to space tovan khev. I want to use the krenim timeship on him...jk. I want to rename him is all to make him fit with the rest of my Nod generals. One Vision, One Purpose, and tovan khev isn't part of it. I also want him to not appear on my bridge.

• legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,282 Arc User
    shinnok918 wrote: »

I don't want to space tovan khev. I want to use the krenim timeship on him...jk. I want to rename him is all to make him fit with the rest of my Nod generals. One Vision, One Purpose, and tovan khev isn't part of it. I also want him to not appear on my bridge.

what do you mean he's not part of it? who else are you going to test those Tiberium Infusion Upgrades on?​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • fovrelfovrel Member Posts: 1,448 Arc User
    One of the issues I have with the Midnight Episode is the fact why we take Sela with us on the mission to the past. The only explanation I can give is that our leaders, Fed and KDF are even bigger fools than Sela. What is her authority to join the mission? Who decides over such things? If I was the one, I would take a representent of each ally accompanied with a counsellor, perhaps a neutral person, but three persons is good, so votes cannot stake. Never, ever should I send someone like Sela on such a mission.
  • alcyoneserenealcyoneserene Member Posts: 2,413 Arc User
    fovrel wrote: »
    The way I understood it is she brought in the Dominion, allowing the Annorax enough time to open the portal during the invasion, and if anyone refused her representation at any point, she could order the Dominion to retreat and return to their foolish slumber while they'd be conquered and made servants or whatever else as well.
    Y945Yzx.jpg
    Devs: Provide the option to Turn OFF full screen flashes from enemy ship explosions
    · ♥ · ◦.¸¸. ◦'¯`·. (Ɏ) V A N U _ S O V E R E I G N T Y (Ɏ) .·´¯'◦.¸¸. ◦ · ♡ ·
    «» \▼/ T E R R A N ¦ R E P U B L I C \▼/ «»
    ﴾﴿ ₪ṩ ||| N A N I T E S Y S T E M S : B L A C K | O P S ||| ₪ṩ ﴾﴿
  • antzudanantzudan Member Posts: 231 Arc User
    I'm still trying to fathom why she kept going on about completing our mission once we'd got to the past when she wasn't even at the briefing. I certainly wouldn't have told her the plan.
  • gulberatgulberat Member Posts: 5,505 Arc User
    antzudan wrote: »
    I'm still trying to fathom why she kept going on about completing our mission once we'd got to the past when she wasn't even at the briefing. I certainly wouldn't have told her the plan.

Is there any mission that psycho would be on besides genocide? It's right up her alley. :/

Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM for more. :-)
    Proudly F2P.  Signature image by gulberat. Avatar image by balsavor.deviantart.com.
  • warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    edited October 2015

Hey, hey now! Kagran is only an NPC talking head. Tovan Khev takes up a BOFF roster slot! Tovan is with us. Forever. And ever. And ever. For eternity.
    XzRTofz.gif
  • thatcursedwolfthatcursedwolf Member Posts: 1,617 Arc User

Hey, hey now! Kagran is only an NPC talking head. Tovan Khev takes up a BOFF roster slot! Tovan is with us. Forever. And ever. And ever. For eternity.

Weren't Romulans given an extra slot for the one Tovan takes up?
    This is my Risian Corvette. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
  • kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1
    Weren't Romulans given an extra slot for the one Tovan takes up?

nope /10char
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo1_400.gif
    tacofangs wrote: »
    STO isn't canon, and neither are any of the books.