test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Kagan does not have long to live

It seems that Sela blames Kagan for letting the Iconians know it was a Romulan who killed an Iconian...

Maybe Kagan will finally pay the price for his idiocy?

Thoughts?

For reference to Sela's blame, check: http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/9573293

Comments

• littlesarbonnlittlesarbonn Member Posts: 486 Arc User
    My only thought on the story was what I believe to be a misunderstanding of where Starfleet Academy is (unless I'm the one misunderstanding it). The story says that the celebration was happening in the city across the Bay (when they're at Starfleet Academy). My understanding is that Starfleet Academy is located in what used to be the Presidio, which is on the same side of the Bay as the city. The next paragraph then talks about that city as San Francisco, so it appears the author thinks Starfleet Academy is on the other side of the Golden Gate Bridge.
    Fleet Admiral Duane Gundrum, U.S.S. Merrimack
    Fleet Admiral Ventaxa Proxmire, U.S.S. Shaka Walls Fell
    Blog: http://www.sarbonn.com/?page_id=1990
    Foundry series: Bob From Accounting & For the Sake of the Empire
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,467 Arc User
    I feel the obsession with Kagan is unjustified, but regardless i think Sela will be far too busy to go after anyone especially when the rumours start that it was Sela who put the Iconians on coalition course.​​
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • alcyoneserenealcyoneserene Member Posts: 2,413 Arc User
    Maybe we can (optionally) finally terminate our alliances with Feds and KDF and join the RSE. I know, it won't happen, but I'll say it anyways.
    Y945Yzx.jpg
    Devs: Provide the option to Turn OFF full screen flashes from enemy ship explosions
    · ♥ · ◦.¸¸. ◦'¯`·. (Ɏ) V A N U _ S O V E R E I G N T Y (Ɏ) .·´¯'◦.¸¸. ◦ · ♡ ·
    «» \▼/ T E R R A N ¦ R E P U B L I C \▼/ «»
    ﴾﴿ ₪ṩ ||| N A N I T E S Y S T E M S : B L A C K | O P S ||| ₪ṩ ﴾﴿
  • farshorefarshore Member Posts: 353 Arc User
    It'll be alright. Sela's got a long list of people she's got grudges against, which includes the Dominion. At this point, she basically hates everybody.
  • gradiigradii Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    Maybe we can (optionally) finally terminate our alliances with Feds and KDF and join the RSE. I know, it won't happen, but I'll say it anyways.

Feel free to doom yourself I'll stick with the Romulan Republic, alliances or no it's a better option by now.

"He shall be my finest warrior, this generic man who was forced upon me.
    Like a badass I shall make him look, and in the furnace of war I shall forge him.
    he shall be of iron will and steely sinew.
    In great armour I shall clad him and with the mightiest weapons he shall be armed.
    He will be untouched by plague or disease; no sickness shall blight him.
    He shall have such tactics, strategies and machines that no foe will best him in battle.
    He is my answer to cryptic logic, he is the Defender of my Romulan Crew.
    He is Tovan Khev... and he shall know no fear."
  • guljarolguljarol Member Posts: 980 Arc User
    farshore wrote: »
    It'll be alright. Sela's got a long list of people she's got grudges against, which includes the Dominion. At this point, she basically hates everybody.

Including herself.​​
  • kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1
    This is what happens when you make feddie-bear only content dialogue... Any Romulan worth their ears would have shot her in the faces or arrested her on the spot at the end of "Midnight" but nooooooooooooo. Hell even one of the lemmings that like the caricature of the RSE that Cryptic made would have "arrested her" and gotten her to their ship immediately.
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo1_400.gif
    tacofangs wrote: »
    STO isn't canon, and neither are any of the books.
  • coupaholiccoupaholic Member Posts: 2,188 Arc User
    After what happened in Midnight, I'd be surprised if she decides to shoot first again. I mean look how it turned out last time.

Both her and Kagran will probably disappear. They might resurface in a future FE, or made mention of in some obscure text dialogue during a mission. Unfortunately I'm reasonably sure both of them will get away with it.​​
  • svindal777svindal777 Member Posts: 856 Arc User
    Given that Commander Jarok already blamed Sela for everything bad that happened to the Romulans (even before the truths that come out during this mission). My guess is Sela will be to busy avoiding being hunted down by Jarok to be going after anyone.
    Well excuse me for having enormous flaws that I don't work on.
  • protogothprotogoth Member Posts: 2,369 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    Praetor's Log, 4th day of 3rd month of Air, year 2 After Rediscovery:

I keep telling people not to trust Sela, not to believe in her words, not to expect her to reform, not to attribute noble motives to her acts. She is even now still absorbed in her narcissism, likely seeking some scapegoat upon whom to shift the responsibility for the destruction of Romulus. I should have been at least allowed to put her in irons and drag her back to ch'Mol'Rihan. But no, "She brought the Dominion to help," according to the gullible Hevammsu. I have prepared an order for our Counterintelligence operatives, since it is probable that Sela will soon find a way off of Terrha, if indeed that be not already accomplished. Much as I would prefer to look her in the eyes as I myself end her once and for all, the order goes out today: a hit on Sela is sanctioned by order of Praetor Ji'ana of the Tal'Diann.

End Log.
  • lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,872 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    gradii wrote: »

Feel free to doom yourself I'll stick with the Romulan Republic, alliances or no it's a better option by now.

Yeah...I have to agree...if you think becoming a Tal Shiar stooge is a good idea I say have fun with your sinking ship!

Kagran...in the end wasn't so bad...glad to see him end up something besides another war mongering Klingon.
    Can't have a honest conversation because of a white knight with power
  • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    I wouldn't worry about Kagran. This is Sela, that put an Android and a Vulcan Science Officer in a room with holographic projectors and computer access. She send a single ship to conquer Vulcan.

Kagran will be fine.

I am starting to get now that she probably escaped Iconian custody because they wanted her to flee. They knew she'd eventually flee Fed/RR/Klingon custody and try her luck in the Delta Quadrant, securing a small group of ships so that the Dominion could witness first-hand the obliteration of Earth. Just to make clear that resistance is futile.​​
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    Thanks to his competency reboot and his performance in the last episode he can consider himself under my protection from Sela.​​
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • ilithynilithyn Member Posts: 903 Arc User
    coupaholic wrote: »
    After what happened in Midnight, I'd be surprised if she decides to shoot first again. I mean look how it turned out last time.

Well, some people never learn and Sela seems to be one of them.

Logic is the beginning of wisdom, not the end of it.
  • gulberatgulberat Member Posts: 5,505 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    protogoth wrote: »
    Praetor's Log, 4th day of 3rd month of Air, year 2 After Rediscovery:

I keep telling people not to trust Sela, not to believe in her words, not to expect her to reform, not to attribute noble motives to her acts. She is even now still absorbed in her narcissism, likely seeking some scapegoat upon whom to shift the responsibility for the destruction of Romulus. I should have been at least allowed to put her in irons and drag her back to ch'Mol'Rihan. But no, "She brought the Dominion to help," according to the gullible Hevammsu. I have prepared an order for our Counterintelligence operatives, since it is probable that Sela will soon find a way off of Terrha, if indeed that be not already accomplished. Much as I would prefer to look her in the eyes as I myself end her once and for all, the order goes out today: a hit on Sela is sanctioned by order of Praetor Ji'ana of the Tal'Diann.

End Log.

Just remember not all Fed field commanders were gullible. As far as I am concerned, Sela would have escaped over the strenuous objections and perhaps even attempted pursuit, by my Feds. (An attempt that failed due to the upper admiralty not giving them additional resources to hunt her down--they were forced to attempt it on their own with no intel, logistical, or additional manpower support.)

Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM for more. :-)
    Proudly F2P.  Signature image by gulberat. Avatar image by balsavor.deviantart.com.
  • mayito2009mayito2009 Member Posts: 643 Arc User
    Sela has so many bounties on her head now she better buy a battalion of bodyguards.
    Seek and ye shall find. Ask and ye shall receive. Rabboni
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety" (Benjamin Franklin).

Most unexpectedly, this turned into a flame-fest! Closed it goes!. /sigh What flamefestery is this? pwlaughingtrendy
  • thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,156 Arc User
    artan42 wrote: »
    Thanks to his competency reboot and his performance in the last episode he can consider himself under my protection from Sela.​​

No. He dies.... If this was possible... why didn't we just do this from the beginning?

zx2t8tuj4i10.png
    Thank you for the Typhoon!
  • shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    The only ones that need to pay a 'price for idiocy' are Starfleet and the Federation leadership for allowing the galaxy's most wanted criminal to dance around them in their own house and then just walk away.
    Haven't realized until now that the Pakled administration has taken over, when did Okeg resign?
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • velquavelqua Member Posts: 1,220 Arc User
    Kagran needs to die. This idiot was reckless by allowing the Krenim to use their time machine so that he could win a war against the Iconians. Where was his battlecry, "It's a good day to die!"? Nowhere! He was so scared that he begged for the Krenim to use the time weapon to save his hide. We still don't know what full effects were of using the device twice other than the Krenim's wife not loving him anymore because she disappeared...and that the guy only shaves when he's be whooped by a woman. lol Again, this pathetic excuse for a Klingon needs to die an honorless death.

As for Sela, she may never come to terms with her human side. She places her father on a pedestal and her mother under her feet. The one thing she doesn't realize is that she is so much more like her mother--a survivor. Sela will continue to survive; that part of Tasha Yar will never end. In the end, Sela will die an old woman, having spent all her life running from her mother and her humanity. I do expect to see a resurgence of Sela's power, but it will never what it once was. She will always be working in the shadows.

Drake and Section 31 are watching. This is not the end in war, but only an end in the battle.
    18662390068_f716cd60e3.jpg
  • scarlingscarling Member Posts: 708 Arc User
    Kagrans voice makes me want to have his babies. He must live because of this. Also I applaud his position in midnight. It is all our faults for not killing sela.
  • littlesarbonnlittlesarbonn Member Posts: 486 Arc User
    scarling wrote: »
    Kagrans voice makes me want to have his babies. He must live because of this. Also I applaud his position in midnight. It is all our faults for not killing sela.

But I did kill Sela. And then I killed the Iconians before returning back home to a present where the Federation was at peace and never went to war against the Iconians because they never existed. Unfortunately, the evil Bunny King took over the galaxy without the Iconians to stop him, and now we all pay homage to His Most Hoppity. But it was better than listening to Sela continue to drone on about the time line.
    Fleet Admiral Duane Gundrum, U.S.S. Merrimack
    Fleet Admiral Ventaxa Proxmire, U.S.S. Shaka Walls Fell
    Blog: http://www.sarbonn.com/?page_id=1990
    Foundry series: Bob From Accounting & For the Sake of the Empire
  • delerouxdeleroux Member Posts: 478 Arc User
    How has Sela not been executed yet is the real question.

The galaxy can't repel derp of that magnitude.
  • kamiyama317kamiyama317 Member Posts: 1,295 Arc User
    I was disappointed that we couldn't do things Sela's way and just kill all the Iconians. Why all the dialog options when you're forced to to help the Iconians anyway?
    I was disappointed that we couldn't do things Sela's way and just kill all the Iconians. Why all the dialog options when you're forced to to help the Iconians anyway?

I was disappointed that I couldn't do things the Tal'Diann way and just execute Sela the moment we beamed down to ancient Iconia, or at least when she uttered the words "I recommend ..."
  • scarlingscarling Member Posts: 708 Arc User
    scarling wrote: »

But I did kill Sela. And then I killed the Iconians before returning back home to a present where the Federation was at peace and never went to war against the Iconians because they never existed. Unfortunately, the evil Bunny King took over the galaxy without the Iconians to stop him, and now we all pay homage to His Most Hoppity. But it was better than listening to Sela continue to drone on about the time line.
    I always wondered where Easter came from. This explains alot.
  • drakethewhitedrakethewhite Member Posts: 1,240 Arc User

Because Cryptic can't really manage a MMO using only a single forced storyline, asking them to have a real decision in a mission is too much for them.

Not that any other game has managed it either for the setting as a whole, but a few have managed it for specific instances. Here they can't even give us custom looks for Fleet bases...
  • jasonyeefongjasonyeefong Member Posts: 105 Arc User
    If we end Kagan, then no more, "The troop transports are heading towards the planet"
  • artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    thay8472 wrote: »
    artan42 wrote: »
    Thanks to his competency reboot and his performance in the last episode he can consider himself under my protection from Sela.

No. He dies.... If this was possible... why didn't we just do this from the beginning?

Because... um, plot?​​
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
    If we end Kagan, then no more, "The troop transports are heading towards the planet"

Cryptic already fixed that.
  • alcyoneserenealcyoneserene Member Posts: 2,413 Arc User
    gradii wrote: »

Without derailing the topic, I'll happily 'doom' myself sticking to my image of RSE as a symbol of an independent faction and of a diverse species which, like any other (including Humans as Ferengis of all people had to point out), has had its share of troublesome times to learn and grow from as opposed to appear by magic as some utopian federation wonderland, and makes IMO for a more interesting and realistic story than good guys vs bad aliens from some bad dimension, including Sela's own mistakes and shortcomings which was a pleasure to read and follow. I really hope this means more content that involves Romulans.
    Y945Yzx.jpg
    Devs: Provide the option to Turn OFF full screen flashes from enemy ship explosions
    · ♥ · ◦.¸¸. ◦'¯`·. (Ɏ) V A N U _ S O V E R E I G N T Y (Ɏ) .·´¯'◦.¸¸. ◦ · ♡ ·
    «» \▼/ T E R R A N ¦ R E P U B L I C \▼/ «»
    ﴾﴿ ₪ṩ ||| N A N I T E S Y S T E M S : B L A C K | O P S ||| ₪ṩ ﴾﴿