Comments

• Options
    medalionemissarymedalionemissary Member Posts: 612 Arc User
    Time to bring in Mirror Kai Winn
    Deep Space Nine in HD, make it so!
  • Options
    zellkarrathzellkarrath Member Posts: 182 Arc User
    lizwei wrote: »
    Case in point. I know you resent me schooling you every time we've argued, but kindly do not bring your vendettas here. This is the last I will state on this matter.
    >Schooling me
    >When not only I, but everyone else, utterly debunk whatever spew you said in response, every time.
    HAHAHAHA

I'd suggest just leaving this be. I don't agree with him entirely either, but the fact of the matter remains that this fan base is awfully diverse in its opinions on what is good, and bad in Star Trek. If they want to make their displeasure known, then let them. It's merely their opinion, not fact on what is good, and bad in Trek.
  • Options
    slowtypingguyslowtypingguy Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    I take it this means I'll have to restart the mission if I'm currently on it?
  • Options
    lordinsanelordinsane Member Posts: 274 Arc User
    According to her report from the Counterpoint announcement blog, I'd say she's the exception in that she has the support of the Pah Wraiths thanks to her blood on their book. So it's less "anything I can do to get a promotion *wink wink*?" and more "go ahead and try to stop me claim my promotion *evil laugh*!".
    I'd expect that having been with the Terrans since they were a desperate rebellion fighting for freedom might have helped a bit, too. Grandfathering in a few of the 'old guard' willing to go with the New Imperial Dispensation as honorary Terrans sounds like the kind of the Terran Empire might do.
  • Options
    brackynewsbrackynews Member Posts: 132 Arc User
    Here's slightly hoping that they win over Marc Alaimo for voice acting and somehow with the rewrite have the orb of possibilities free Dukat from his Pah'Wraith prison instead of facing off against Cerin Teresa. ;)
    Here's definitely hoping we get 1930s gangster outfits with Mirror Dukat to show them off!
    =/\= Transwarp 10.0 Victory Achieved on 26-July-2012, Six Months After F2P =/\=
  • Options
    vegeta50024vegeta50024 Member Posts: 2,335 Arc User
    I take it this means I'll have to restart the mission if I'm currently on it?

It won't be a restart of the missions as you are on them now. When Season 11 is released, the entire Cardassian Struggle arc prior to "Second wave" will be replaced by the 4 new episodes. If you want to experience the content as is, by all means play through it. It'll be the last chance you get to play those episodes.

TSC_Signature_Gen_4_-_Vegeta_Small.png
  • Options
    azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    Is it me or that sign would be better in an alien language?
  • Options
    ak255ak255 Member Posts: 317 Arc User
    Don't see the purpose of revamping the episodes. Just remove "Of Bajor" mission, and everyone will be happy. :)
  • Options
    thetaninethetanine Member Posts: 1,367 Arc User
    Jaddua Ross,

This is Fascinating! A Spock quote there, to let you know how awesome this is looking. I'm STO-ked for Season 11.​​
    STAR TREK
    lD8xc9e.png
  • Options
    thetaninethetanine Member Posts: 1,367 Arc User
    tooplex2 wrote: »

TooPlex: Your forum avatar is freaky awesome dude. Is it a Klingon? I really like it.​​
    STAR TREK
    lD8xc9e.png
  • Options
    lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    Mirror Bajorans are so much more fun.
  • Options
    vegeta50024vegeta50024 Member Posts: 2,335 Arc User
    ak255 wrote: »
    Don't see the purpose of revamping the episodes. Just remove "Of Bajor" mission, and everyone will be happy. :)

Except that "Of Bajor" being removed would mean that there would be a plot hole that would have to be fixed with Operation Gamma, since the end mission of the former leads us to go to the Gamma Quadrant in search of the Dominion's help to end the threat of the 2800.

Besides, the purpose of revamping the episodes is to bring up the older missions to the same story telling quality that Cryptic has been giving us lately. The Cardassian Struggle arc was so disjointed that they want to focus in on one thing at that is to bring it more of a prelude to Season 11's side story with the Mirror Universe.

TSC_Signature_Gen_4_-_Vegeta_Small.png
  • Options
    aesicaaesica Member Posts: 736 Arc User
    It looks cool, however "The remainder of the arc, beginning with “Second Wave”, will remain unchanged" really should make an exception for Operation Gamma. I don't think anybody likes that mission.
    Rubberband Dance has been unlocked!
    kNqxcCf.gif
  • Options
    Keep the map, refine the gameplay parts of it, sure why not.

Which upon closer inspection, they did take that previous Bajoran map and tweak it to be "Mirror"-y
  • Options
    oldravenman3025oldravenman3025 Member Posts: 1,892 Arc User
    I'm just glad that the screenshots from this blog, and the last one, are from the Mirror Bajor.

I would hate it if the developers TRIBBLE up the Hathon map (one of the nicer ground maps in the game) with titty bars and sleazy holosuites just to be "cool" and "edgy".
  • Options
    bioixibioixi Member Posts: 764 Arc User
    I've been playing this episode, it's really good, way better than the first one in terms of dialogs and plot, an mirror Bajor looks really cool, it has a 20th century dystopian touch, a dark, grim, industrial look.

Admiral Leeta makes an appearance, and she looks really good.

Some screenshots:
  • Options
    oldravenman3025oldravenman3025 Member Posts: 1,892 Arc User
    bioixi wrote: »
    I've been playing this episode, it's really good, way better than the first one in terms of dialogs and plot, an mirror Bajor looks really cool, it has a 20th century dystopian touch, a dark, grim, industrial look.

Some screenshots:

Mirror Leeta looks like a sinister version of Lara Croft.

• Options
    monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    LaughingTrendy, Can we have some confirmation if this is just for Feds or if its for KDF and ROM as well?​​

The answer is yes. The Cardassian/Dominion story arc is already available for all factions so I don't expect that to change. Also the dev blog says
    The updated missions will be available to all players level 35 and up with the launch of Season 11.
    Notice it doesn't say "all federation players".
  • Options
    coffeemikecoffeemike Member Posts: 942 Arc User
    More Mirror chick fights... just a request from my boyfriend. https://youtube.com/watch?v=X-JQO72vEJ4
  • Options
    leviathan99#2867 leviathan99 Member Posts: 7,747 Arc User
    As somebody who's been asking for an urban landscape with neon signs and buildings for years, I'm really jazzed about the environmental art.

I REALLY hope the skyscraper additions and neon signs get added to the Foundry as I can make pretty good use of them in a couple of missions I've been tinkering with in attempts to "cheat together" urban environments.

I also have a four story resort I built that I've never published because I felt it needed some additional details to sell it visually as a hotel. I have a plot in mind for it but, for me, most of the effort for Foundry missions is always designing the ground maps to be visually interesting.
  • Options
    sentinel64sentinel64 Member Posts: 900 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    "This Orb is called the Orb of Possibilities...."

This part would make it nice to have Shard of Possibilities added as a mission reward since it seems that there will not be anymore FE replays for this and other special FE storylines rewards.
  • Options
    I've been checking out the missions on Tribble... the new-ish map as indicated in the screenshot for Bajor is quite awesome
  • Options
    paxfederaticapaxfederatica Member Posts: 1,496 Arc User
    I think this may be the first time a STO episode shares a TV Episode name...

http://en.memory-alpha.wikia.com/wiki/Through_the_Looking_Glass

There are a few others:
    • "Shadow Play" (from the revamped Fed Romulan arc) was the title of a DS9 S2 episode.
    • "Manhunt" (from the first post-tutorial KDF arc) was the title of a TNG S2 episode, most notable for featuring Mick Fleetwood (of Fleetwood Mac fame) in a fish-alien costume.
    • "Destiny" (from the KDF Fek'Ihri arc) was the title of a DS9 S3 episode.
    • "Reunion" (from the Delta Rising arc) shares its title with not only a TNG S4 episode, but also an unrelated TNG novel.
    ​​
  • Options
    questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,331 Arc User

I like "of Bajor" and i have seen many others who mirror that sentiment so with the removal of "of bajor" not everyone would be happy.​​
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User

Some screenshots:

Question: why are the badlands GREEN in some of those shots?​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • Options
    mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    LaughingTrendy, Can we have some confirmation if this is just for Feds or if its for KDF and ROM as well?

The answer is yes. The Cardassian/Dominion story arc is already available for all factions so I don't expect that to change. Also the dev blog says
    The updated missions will be available to all players level 35 and up with the launch of Season 11.
    Notice it doesn't say "all federation players".
    But the name "Federation players" is a bit meaningless, because you can have characters on every faction, and I certainly do. I wouldn't be certain of anything just yet.​​
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • Options
    bioixibioixi Member Posts: 764 Arc User

Some screenshots:

Question: why are the badlands GREEN in some of those shots?​​

Mirror badlands are green for some reason.
  • Options
    robeasomrobeasom Member Posts: 1,911 Arc User
    Love how people want these to be removed as they have nothing to do with Cardassia. Have they ever watched Star Trek even in Ds9 during the Dominion war they had episodes that had nothing to do with that. I found those episodes a welcome break from the story. Now I have nothing against remaking content but the missions that are gone for good should be just redone as exploration missions in the nebulas or as side missions. But Season 11 looks to be as bland and boring as Season 10 and 10.5 What will it be cryptic removing 10 episodes adding 4 giving 1 or 2 queued events and some useless dil sink. My enthusiam for season 11 is draining
    NO TO ARC
    Vice Admiral Volmack ISS Thundermole
    Brigadier General Jokag IKS Gorkan
    Centurion Kares RRW Tomalak
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]