test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Cardassian Revamp Episode 2

We have recovered an Orb of the Prophets from Gul Kardek, the leader of the terrorist organization calling themselves the True Way in our next Cardassian episode!

Learn more about the episode in our latest blog here.

~LaughingTrendy

Comments

• Options
    sennahcheribsennahcherib Member Posts: 2,823 Arc User
    this seems very interesting, i can't wait to visit this strange Bajor :)
  • Options
    tooplex2tooplex2 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    LaughingTrendy, Can we have some confirmation if this is just for Feds or if its for KDF and ROM as well?​​
  • Options
    xaracrimsonxaracrimson Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    Here's slightly hoping that they win over Marc Alaimo for voice acting and somehow with the rewrite have the orb of possibilities free Dukat from his Pah'Wraith prison instead of facing off against Cerin Teresa. ;)
  • Options
    medalionemissarymedalionemissary Member Posts: 612 Arc User
    This seedy looking modern (modern to today, not of the Future) backdrop gives clues to inform perhaps why Kira the Intendant, turned out the way she did...sort of. Intruiging ideas, can't wait to see more of this!
    Deep Space Nine in HD, make it so!
  • Options
    ussackermanussackerman Member Posts: 275 Bug Hunter
    I think this may be the first time a STO episode shares a TV Episode name...

http://en.memory-alpha.wikia.com/wiki/Through_the_Looking_Glass
  • Options
    posianposian Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    Ok so its a mirror Bajor, interesting not Cardassia like some haf hoped in the other thread lol
  • Options
    medalionemissarymedalionemissary Member Posts: 612 Arc User
    This would be an opportune time to get use for that floating ball in space called Cardassia, yeah.
    Deep Space Nine in HD, make it so!
  • Options
    questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,347 Arc User
    We have recovered an Orb of the Prophets from Gul Kardek, the leader of the terrorist organization calling themselves the True Way in our next Cardassian episode!

Learn more about the episode in our latest blog here.

~LaughingTrendy
    The updated missions will be available to all players level 35 and up with the launch of Season 11.

Has the release date for season 11 been released yet?
    Everyone can make an educated guess from the duration of the featured episode, but has a definite release date been announced yet?​​
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    lizweilizwei Member Posts: 936 Arc User
    Sigh. Stupid magic fakey space religion orbs and boring mirror universe shananigans.
    My enthusiasm for this "revamp" couldn't be lower at this point.
  • Options
    reddeadshirtreddeadshirt Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    The Neon strip club sign could use more appendages in its profile. It's a bit Biped-mammal-centric, not to mention sexist. Who can I sue? I still miss the levelling-up episode where you have to retake the entire station from a swarm of Cardasians starting from the lowest level. Just saying.
    Shirt, Redd Shirt

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    lizwei wrote: »
    Sigh. Stupid magic fakey space religion orbs and boring mirror universe shananigans.
    I honestly don't know why you bother to play this game. All I have seen you spout is hate of every single thing in it.

Your like those people from No Mutants Allowed who keep going on the official Fallout forums to decry the new Fallout games over and over again, despite having not liked most of the Fallout games for years.

Stay on topic or be quiet please. I have no time for your babyish whining.
  • Options
    mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    posian wrote: »
    Ok so its a mirror Bajor, interesting not Cardassia like some haf hoped in the other thread lol
    I thought it looked more like Bajor than Cardassia. Mirror Bajor isn't bad either, I think, but I really hope that at some point, we get to visit Cardassia.​​
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • Options
    kyrrokkyrrok Member Posts: 1,352 Arc User
    edited September 2015

Allow me to test that theory. Tholian battlezone in the Badlands :D
  • Options
    dragnridrdragnridr Member Posts: 671 Arc User
    One thing I do want from all these episode removals is some recognition during conversations. Meaning, If I am playing my Romulan, Klingon, Gorn, whatever, for NPCs to recognize the species and acknowledge them. If I am playing my Caitian, NPCs should recognize the species and mention it when needed.
  • Options
    kmfrye2001kmfrye2001 Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    Actually, looks quite interesting. I like the Mirrorverse, and have just forced myself to drag my delta through the Card Arc so I can replay the improved missions.
  • Options
    >Says the person who does nothing but whine about everything
    The Irony is palpable.

Case in point. I know you resent me schooling you every time we've argued, but kindly do not bring your vendettas here. This is the last I will state on this matter.
  • Options
    timelord79timelord79 Member Posts: 1,852 Arc User

Not a DS9 fan, I take it? Those are heavily featured themes on the actual show. In a DS9 centric arc, those are the things to expect. Plus it is the same themes we already dealt with in the old versions of the missions. SO hardly surprising.
    11750640_1051211588222593_450219911807924697_n.jpg
  • Options
    timelord79 wrote: »

Not a DS9 fan, I take it? Those are heavily featured themes on the actual show. In a DS9 centric arc, those are the things to expect. Plus it is the same themes we already dealt with in the old versions of the missions. SO hardly surprising.

Not a fan of DS9 when those themes were used, no.
    Especially in the final season. It's mirror universe arc was also atrocious. I often say that the only good that came out of it was Intendant Kira's outfit.

Yes, I know these were themes that were dealt with in the original version. I had hoped that the revamp would actually be a revamp and cut the unnecessary fat of Bajoran hocus pocus and the mirror universe, leaving the latter for the STFs or whatever they have planned.
  • Options
    timelord79timelord79 Member Posts: 1,852 Arc User
    Well, I am pretty sure that you can expect that the orb will just be a macguffin to give us a reason to go to Cardassia and Bajor in the first place. But the stint on mirror Bajor might very well introduce Mirror Leeta as the new Antagonist for teh remainder of the arc.
    11750640_1051211588222593_450219911807924697_n.jpg
  • Options
    saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,395 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    The Neon strip club sign could use more appendages in its profile. It's a bit Biped-mammal-centric, not to mention sexist.
    That's the point of the Terran Empire. Unless you have "good" relations (namely a highly-ranked human-like officer who you give some... favors to or who finds you useful for his/her career... for now), if you're an alien, you're pretty much screwed. :tongue:

Also, I hope we can access most of Mirror!Bajor 's main city like a HUB for more fun and that it won't have parts blocked for railroading purposes.

#TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • Options
    bioixibioixi Member Posts: 764 Arc User
    >Says the person who does nothing but whine about everything
    The Irony is palpable.

Case in point. I know you resent me schooling you every time we've argued, but kindly do not bring your vendettas here. This is the last I will state on this matter.

Don't bother, he lives in a parallel reality where everyone is his intellectual inferior and his opinions count as facts.
  • Options
    galattgalatt Member Posts: 707 Arc User
    Ok, so Mirror Bajor is the French Quarter in New Orleans... This is going to be interesting
    sig_picture_resize_by_gx_9901-db9d1v1.png
  • Options
    tooplex2tooplex2 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    >Schooling me
    >When not only I, but everyone else, utterly debunk whatever spew you said in response, every time.
    HAHAHAHA

Stop Greentexting​​
  • Options
    bioixibioixi Member Posts: 764 Arc User
    galatt wrote: »
    Ok, so Mirror Bajor is the French Quarter in New Orleans... This is going to be interesting

It definitely looks cool, I really love that kind of plots.
  • Options
    saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,395 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    That's the point of the Terran Empire. Unless you have "good" relations (namely a highly-ranked human-like officer who you give some... favors to or who finds you useful for his/her career... for now), if you're an alien, you're pretty much screwed. :tongue:

Also, I hope we can access most of Mirror!Bajor 's main city like a HUB for more fun and that it won't have parts blocked for railroading purposes.
    How many uhh... favors... do you think Mirror Leeta had to give to get promoted to Fleet Admiral?
    According to her report from the Counterpoint announcement blog, I'd say she's the exception in that she has the support of the Pah Wraiths thanks to her blood on their book. So it's less "anything I can do to get a promotion *wink wink*?" and more "go ahead and try to stop me claim my promotion *evil laugh*!".

#TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1