test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Network Issues - 9/13

Comments

• bones1970bones1970 Member Posts: 953 Arc User
    Hey folks,

Just wanted to give you a heads-up, we're experiencing attacks on our servers that are preventing players from logging in. These attacks are coming in bursts, so you may be able to stay online for a while, then experience a kick. Our teams are working on stabilizing servers.

Stay tuned, we'll keep you updated.

ICONIANS TRIBBLE !!!
  • darklordknight12darklordknight12 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    Dark secret of IT world is that there's no 100% protection against a DDoS on a public server/service, you can duck some of the attacks but in all truth you just have to wait for it to stop. Today's attacks don't originate from a single point, but from a multitude of zombie computers and it takes time to weed them out one by one.
    Ah I didn't say anything about 100% protection for your putting words in my mouth.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,521 Community Moderator
    lsapsin wrote: »
    So who let the tribbles lose lol.

~WHO LET THE TRIBBLES OUT!~

~WHO LET THE TRIBBLES OUT!~

Sorry... couldn't resist. :D
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • richy8025richy8025 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    send some tholians at them so they can attack there subsystems
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Member Posts: 97 Arc User
    Maybe post this to the other game systems as well. Nothing over on CO. Had to come here to find out :(​​
    Project_Attalus2_zps5hp8pwwj.jpg
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,521 Community Moderator
    jaazaniah1 wrote: »
    Maybe post this to the other game systems as well. Nothing over on CO. Had to come here to find out :(​​

So CO is also hit. That covers all three Cryptic games. So now the question is does it extend to non-Cryptic games?
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • wraith0908wraith0908 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    I blame the North Koreans. never should have told them they couldnt land on the sun
  • stony27101983stony27101983 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    rattler2 wrote: »
    jaazaniah1 wrote: »

So CO is also hit. That covers all three Cryptic games. So now the question is does it extend to non-Cryptic games?

Well, my youtube buffers very slow atm...
  • syagriansyagrian Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    Got logged in just fine, but the severe lag wouldn't let me even clear out my doff assignments. As apparent from other posts, it's not just the login server.
  • elric071elric071 Member Posts: 159 Arc User
    Thanks for the update. I was worried it was on my end. And a +1 to maybe extending the event one extra day....

Qapla'!
    Illigitimi Non Carborundum

Co-Founder of TOS Veterans and TOS Qan Mang
    syagrian wrote: »
    Got logged in just fine, but the severe lag wouldn't let me even clear out my doff assignments. As apparent from other posts, it's not just the login server.

Well... the opening post did say it was hitting in waves, so people could potentially get in game, but then get kicked at some point.
  • apulseapulse Member Posts: 456 Arc User
    Damn "hackers".
    21ajpqt.png
  • taebontaebon Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Well, my youtube buffers very slow atm...

Maybe we're running out of internet! :open_mouth:

Jokes aside, why can't people just leave servers to do what they're supposed to?
  • lsapsinlsapsin Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    I am just waiting until the server issue warning is gone or until they say it safe.
    taebon wrote: »
    Jokes aside, why can't people just leave servers to do what they're supposed to?

Because either its retaliation for blocking bots collecting funds (as seems to be the working theory on the Neverwinter forums), a targeted attack on a specific company, or just a random attack out of boredom.
  • captsanderscaptsanders Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    Good to know it's not just me then.

Also, @rattler2 , love your avatar lol. I named my ship the Dragneel haha :-p
    “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.” - Mark Twain
  • irm1963irm1963 Member Posts: 682 Arc User
    Someone let a cat loose in the server room ? Those poor hamsters..... :)
  • puttenhamputtenham Member Posts: 1,052 Arc User
    im fairly certain they are most likely not getting "attacked" it probably just them trying to make everyone feel like it wasnt their fault as usual... listening to cryptics "excuses" is like listening to a 5 year old try to explain why he or she got in trouble..

it seems to random.. and why assault cryptic, small player base, and there is no need to try to bring the game down, it does that on its own, on a regular basis.. not to mention, outside of the few people who still play this game, no one would care that the game was TRIBBLE.. usually hackers try to hack something that will get publicity or effect alot more people..

its more than likely this is one of the previous issues they have had, and they are just trying not to look like donkeys..
    I actually have ships named after the main characters in RWBY, as well as both a Phantom and Mat'ha named Erza Scarlet.

Then again I used to have a T'Liss named Deku Scrub and am currently flying an Alehl (probably butchered but its not the Intel Warbird, its the other one from the Delta Pack) named Farore.
  • megacharge07megacharge07 Member Posts: 476 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    This only happens every time there is an event, even if it's not a DDOS. The server is not known to be stable on a regular basis

Your sig... It's from a clip of a Dayjob Orchestra video isn't it?
    tumblr_mt0cmzAQpC1rm3hhlo2_500.gif
  • wufangchuwufangchu Member Posts: 778 Arc User
    I still figure some angry little boy didnt get his lollipop that he wanted from the drop box and he cant afford any more keys..
    wraith_zps7pzgamff.jpg
  • pureleadheadpureleadhead Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    Nice to know what's going on. I also think you should extend the event.
    [Insert Clever Signature Here]
  • ronniemack99ronniemack99 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Thank you for keeping us in the loop :smile:
  • anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    puttenham wrote: »
    im fairly certain they are most likely not getting "attacked" it probably just them trying to make everyone feel like it wasnt their fault as usual... listening to cryptics "excuses" is like listening to a 5 year old try to explain why he or she got in trouble..

it seems to random.. and why assault cryptic, small player base, and there is no need to try to bring the game down, it does that on its own, on a regular basis.. not to mention, outside of the few people who still play this game, no one would care that the game was TRIBBLE.. usually hackers try to hack something that will get publicity or effect alot more people..

its more than likely this is one of the previous issues they have had, and they are just trying not to look like donkeys..

So out of nothing, for the first time, they decided to blame it on someone else? Paranoia much?

Do us all a favor and leave the conspiracy theories on your side of the screen...

Cryptic always claim responsibility when they, or their providers are at fault... and the ONE time they say it's an attack, someone (you) goes all nuts and say "na... it's themselves".
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • irm1963irm1963 Member Posts: 682 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    Ninja'd

Some guy on Twitter's claiming responsibility for it, links on this game's Facebook page.
  • lordmalak1lordmalak1 Member Posts: 4,681 Arc User
    westmetals wrote: »
    Seems to have cleared up now... but it just took me over an hour to run through "Night of the Comet".... including four full disconnects... so yeah I think that maybe some compensation time added to the event is due.

Ya, I want to believe, but it's cryptic.
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
  • xbalankexbalanke Member Posts: 64 Arc User
    can anyone actually get on right now or is the game down for everyone?
    been trying to connect for a while now, but it's a no go.. why does this always happen while there s an interesting event running... guess i won't getting any bonus marks & dil.. :(​​
  • captsanderscaptsanders Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    > @rattler2 said:
    > I actually have ships named after the main characters in RWBY, as well as both a Phantom and Mat'ha named Erza Scarlet.
    >
    > Then again I used to have a T'Liss named Deku Scrub and am currently flying an Alehl (probably butchered but its not the Intel Warbird, its the other one from the Delta Pack) named Farore.

Nice!
    “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.” - Mark Twain
  • otisnobleotisnoble Member Posts: 1,290 Arc User
    Thanks was wondering, maybe the borg are back
    Fleet Admiral Stephen
  • vengefuldjinnvengefuldjinn Member Posts: 1,521 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    You know, this weekend, It's an "attack", last weekend it was a "level three" problem that affected STO ONLY...

To be honest, I've been experiencing issues logging on EVERY weekend for some time now, (at least a month).

Call it whatever you want... But this speaks TO ME, of a bigger issue. Your servers are having problems on the weekends, when the server capacity increases, especially during your special little events.

At least THIS TIME, you are acknowledging it and actually posting something about it. But the trend is not going unnoticed.
    tumblr_o2aau3b7nh1rkvl19o1_400.gif

This discussion has been closed.