test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Server not responding.............. Constantly for the last couple of hours!

Comments

• Options
    andyslashandyslash Member Posts: 195 Arc User
    Its been terrible since 4pm est yesterday, and is still terrible now. two login2 timeouts, 3 disconnects, 5 minutes to load the launcher, another minute to load character select.
  • Options
    fleudermausfleudermaus Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    SNR =>> Disconnected =>> Login2_timeout (numerous times) DELETED game and ARC and clean reinstall
    Then game was playable for 45 minutes, but then:=>> SNR =>> Disconnected =>> Login2_timeout

So I'll just wait I suppose - the event is a wash I've had SNR for 2 days of marginal playability and it's completely unplayable now so I got the event done on 1 of 14 characters (LTS membership doesn't seem to make any difference here either as my 2nd NON-LTS account has the same issue but seems to get further along before failing than my LTS account)

For the sake of testing by predictability (an extremely modest application of the scientific method) I once again deleted the game and reinstalled to determine if my previous short period of playability could be duplicated.

While downloading the game, I did an Xfinity internet connection speed test to verify that I did not have a connectivity issue on my end. I also tested the Nexon games that I play: Mabinogi and Vindictus AT THE SAME TIME with no difficulties at all.

http://prntscr.com/8a9kxd

Of special note: I am also having the same difficulty with Cyrptic Studios' game NEVERWINTER but NOT having any connectivity problems with Perfect World Entertainment's title game "Perfect World" which runs perfectly.

Hence I believe the problem to be specific to Cryptic.

I hope they can address and correct this issue soon.

UPDATE: The Cryptic download server keeps disconnecting and restarting my download (several times now) so I am currently unable to complete further testing.
    Post edited by fleudermaus on
    >}--;--'--,----
    LOVECAREHOPESUPPORTCOMMUNITYSHARINGPEACE

• Options
    uryenserellonturyenserellont Member Posts: 858 Arc User
    I can't even get past the launcher to the Engage button (perpetual Loading, please wait...), and I'm still getting a timeout on the second-to-last hop.

Has there been any communication on the issue?
  • Options
    awesometificawesometific Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    Could not log in last night getting the time out message. Same thing today. The silence from Cryptic has been deafing so far.
    Fleet Admiral Marcus Red-Six
  • Options
    karlrichekarlriche Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    Same here, started around 10 PM last night, got really laggy, then I got kicked out, and could not get back in since. Looks like I will not be able to finish the crystal event because of this.
  • Options
    browneyemikebrowneyemike Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Same for me yesterday and today, and I live 81 miles away from Cryptic servers.
  • Options
    shailatshailat Member Posts: 478 Arc User
    My launcher says this on patching "Error 14: The connection to the server was lost. Restart in 3."
    ogew7.jpg
  • Options
    olocancom#0595 olocancom Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    Bad last night, worse this morning. Can't even get the launcher to load. I think I'll go play Civ now.
  • Options
    captaind3captaind3 Member Posts: 2,449 Arc User
    Weird even their twitter feed is quiet about this.
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo9_r1_400.gif
    "Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many — they are few"
  • Options
    rononmarononma Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    Haven't been able to login since yesterday either.
    ~Sent via Carrier Pigeon~
  • Options
    cobracommander29cobracommander29 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    I am also haveing problems connecting in to the game and wen I do get in the game is laggin so bad I cant even play this happend after the update/patch on august 28th ever sents then I ben haveing problems
  • Options
    captaind3captaind3 Member Posts: 2,449 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    Why does my comment with my tracert,nettest, and pathping info need to be approved?

Of note though, the nettest.exe from the Championsonline net test that they say you should do. It timed out on me twice. Make that three times. Could that have anything to do with it?
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo9_r1_400.gif
    "Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many — they are few"
  • Options
    dragonslamrdragonslamr Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    Same TRIBBLE different day .. they don't give a f%^&... never have... or they would fix it permanent like .. Probably have people trying to hack accounts and their servers can't handle it.. Funny you don't see other major games having these issues... maybe that's because they care when their TRIBBLE is sluggish!!

Funny how this goes on and on .. and never gets fixed .. they say bad network traffic I say get some real servers you idiots!!

But i'm sorry it falls on deaf or don't care ears!! WHAT PATHETIC NETWORK ADMINS YOU HAVE!! NOT TO MENTION YOUR PROGRAMMERS SUCK ALSO!!
  • Options
    fleudermausfleudermaus Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    SNR =>> Disconnected =>> Login2_timeout (numerous times) DELETED game and ARC and clean reinstall
    Then game was playable for 45 minutes, but then:=>> SNR =>> Disconnected =>> Login2_timeout

So I'll just wait I suppose - the event is a wash I've had SNR for 2 days of marginal playability and it's completely unplayable now so I got the event done on 1 of 14 characters (LTS membership doesn't seem to make any difference here either as my 2nd NON-LTS account has the same issue but seems to get further along before failing than my LTS account)

For the sake of testing by predictability (an extremely modest application of the scientific method) I once again deleted the game and reinstalled to determine if my previous short period of playability could be duplicated.

While downloading the game, I did an Xfinity internet connection speed test to verify that I did not have a connectivity issue on my end. I also tested the Nexon games that I play: Mabinogi and Vindictus AT THE SAME TIME with no difficulties at all.

http://prntscr.com/8a9kxd

Of special note: I am also having the same difficulty with Cyrptic Studios' game NEVERWINTER but NOT having any connectivity problems with Perfect World Entertainment's title game "Perfect World" which runs perfectly.

Hence I believe the problem to be specific to Cryptic.

I hope they can address and correct this issue soon.

UPDATE: The Cryptic download server keeps disconnecting and restarting my download (several times now) so I am currently unable to complete further testing.

UPDATE TO THE UPDATE:

After finally completing yet another RE-installation of the game and patching it (which took many times longer than usual due to it randomly restarting from 0 many times) I found that I can log in on my 2nd (NON-LTS account) if I am willing to wait 28 minutes.... but that I cannot log on at all with my main LTS account.

Also as soon as I try to do anything on my 2nd account I get SNR/Disconnected/Login2_timeout but I can RELOG (eventually). The system simply will not log my primary account beyond the character selection screen.

It is very interesting to me that my 2nd account that I didn't pay for membership on actually connects and I can chat but not move... but my main account which I DID buy a Lifetime Membership on can't get beyond the character selection screen. (I thought this to be a fluke at first but after extensive testing of 20 attempts in the same time frame on both accounts - the FREE account connects but is super laggy and will timeout after a brief period and the paid account absolutely will not get beyond the character selection screen. Hopefully this information will be helpful to someone presuming that anyone able to take corrective action reads this.

As previously stated I am also having this same issue with NEVERWINTER (another Cryptic game) but NOT with Perfect World itself (the title game of PWE).

I am using Win 8.1 on a 6 core AMD system with 12 GB RAM and a Radeo 7580 Vid card with 2GB of discrete VRAM on a 50mbps Cable broadband connection. I have tested connectivity and get 20ms ping with 43mbps verified dl and 12mbps upload. I can also play both of the Nexon games that I play (mabinogi and Vindictus) both from Korea - with no problems (SIMULTANEOUSLY).

I do not believe the issue is on my end.

Please fix the Login Servers

Respectfully frustrated,

Fleudermaus
    >}--;--'--,----
    LOVECAREHOPESUPPORTCOMMUNITYSHARINGPEACE

• Options
    csbastiancsbastian Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    andyslash wrote: »
    Its been terrible since 4pm est yesterday, and is still terrible now. two login2 timeouts, 3 disconnects, 5 minutes to load the launcher, another minute to load character select.

Same issue here, and still no reply from the devs.... go figure.... why are they still asking for money for in game TRIBBLE when they cant even fix simple issues.... so much for trying to finish the current event.

• Options
    giannicampanellagiannicampanella Member Posts: 424 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    Level3, the ISP of north American ISPs, exploded. The interwebz itself is broken.

http://www.neowin.net/news/level3-suffering-major-outages-effects-are-felt-worldwide
    Greenbird
  • Options
    captainchaos66captainchaos66 Member Posts: 409 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    Level3, the ISP of north American ISPs, exploded. The interwebz itself is broken.

http://www.neowin.net/news/level3-suffering-major-outages-effects-are-felt-worldwide

That article says its from the 27th,, so not sure if it still applies. I logged in about 3pm Est and ran through a mission without any SNR's, and just a bit of skill misfiring. Changed characters, got DC'ed. Logged in to a toon on new Romulus and INSTANTLY got SNR, and the ENTIRE time I was on New Romulus got SNR's every 30 seconds or so. Went to log in to a different toon that was in DS9 sector space,, couldn't chat, couldn't move,, nothing.. SNR for over 70 seconds, so I just logged off.

Here's something interesting,, I was surfing the net earlier and a few of the normal sites I go to either wouldn't load, or took FOREVER to load. I use Comcast, so speed changes are nothing really abnormal for me.

It seems just when they have the lag/SNR issues down to the " every so often" stage,, something else breaks and POOF,, game is unplayable. I'm not going to blame Cryptic,, but Cryptic should have a nice long chat with whoever provides service to the server farm they use, because this kinda thing is NOT helping the game AT ALL.

EDIT: Here's what seems to be a current service outage status map
    https://downdetector.com/status/level3/map/

Boston is still in the Yellow,, and yet the company Level3 has tweeted that everything is back up and running... somehow I think they are wrong...

Fleet Admiral In charge of Bacon
    Fighting 5th Attack Squadron
    The Devils Henchman
  • Options
    tbrunt3tbrunt3 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    When is this actually going to be fixed? This is really bad I have been in this game for years. I have Comcast 95 meg service and AMD 1100T GTx780 and 16 gigs of ram. So I know it is not a problem on my end I should not have to wait 15 min for the game to even load.
  • Options
    johnwatson71johnwatson71 Member Posts: 187 Arc User
    Severe connection issues here too. but the my internet service is working just fine and I can browse and play other online game normally. This is definitely something on cryptic's end that they aren't addressing or are not aware of. On their twitter, they only thing they've said today is about some gameplay stream. So i wonder if they themselves are not having any issues. idk. all i know is that 30+ disconnects over a span of 3 hours is ridiculous and means something is broken on their end.

i hope they get this fixed soon. everything except sector space is non functional.
    7aamriW.png
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    level3, and ISPs ... Bull Sheet!!!

I'm playing other games just fine... STO sucks and there network is built on old TRIBBLE servers!

Why does this effect the launcher .. that now takes over 10 mins to give me an 'engage' button!!!!??!?!?!?

Damn launcher can barely give me the login fields let alone the launch button!!

PATHETIC!!
  • Options
    bonzaibob22bonzaibob22 Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    Glad to see others are having this same problem. I am having all of the problems noted here! Took 10+ minutes just to get to the Character screen as it seems that it took forever for just the Patch screen to finish just to get into the game. Then selected a toon then got the dreaded Login2_Timeout! I finally managed to get into the game after a couple of login server timeouts too. That's when the game kept freezing up, takes a good minute for the screens to load, server not responding errors, severe lag, and getting bounced out of the game to login screen. It is the worst I have seen STO! And since this was probably the only day I could play this weekend and get anything done, then I am basically screwed on trying to finish the Butterfly Effect mission this weekend. The timing is atrocious having this happen on a weekend and NO ONE from Cryptic/Perfect World responding is even more atrocious since this has been occurring since last evening! Will someone from Cryptic respond and maybe enlighten the masses as to the problem and when a possible fix may show up please?!? - Getting of my soapbox now and thank you for letting me vent. :)
  • Options
    csbastiancsbastian Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    seriously, your game is broken. Just own up to it and say so. Don't stand under an umbrella and say its not raining. Its been broken for a long time now. Your player base would have a little more respect and patience for your issues if you would just be honest.
  • Options
    aedroosaedroos Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    cant login like pretty much everyone else trying to play sto today...obviously they still dont care at all about he game...not willing to keep the connectivity up to any kind of standard as the player base continues to have lag and login issues on a weekly basis, sad...you would think if they still wanted to wring as much money out of us as possible until the game was dead, they would at least pay a few bucks to have decent login and connectivity , but no, they are so cheap they cant even keep their playerbase connected on a consistent basis, especially during the weekends when most people can play,, pitiful...I want to continue to enjoy this game and maybe spend money on it, but they wont allow me to cause theyre so damn cheap and just dont care about taking care of the game anymore...I can login into a number of games right now, old, new , fps, mmos with no issues at all....sto, no go, no care....
  • Options
    zaalbarzaalbar Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    I'm getting the same issues as the others here: Repeated disconnects before I can even get logged in, very slow load time on the client, rubber banding and server not responding issues to the point of making the game unplayable even when I do manage to log in. The problem has been present since at least yesterday at around 9 PM EST. I'm in Florida running on Comcast. As far as I can tell everything else is working fine on my end; Netflix, other games, Skype, Vent, etc appear unaffected. Here's the trace route.
    Tracing route to patchserver.crypticstudios.com [208.95.185.41]
    over a maximum of 30 hops:

1 1 ms 1 ms 1 ms 192.168.0.1
    2 29 ms 9 ms 12 ms 96.120.50.173
    3 27 ms 9 ms 8 ms te-1-1-ur01.southwest.fl.naples.comcast.net [68.85.96.65]
    4 13 ms 12 ms 11 ms te-0-15-0-13-ar03.bonitasprngs.fl.naples.comcast.net [162.151.7.1]
    5 14 ms 19 ms 14 ms be-33661-cr01.miami.fl.ibone.comcast.net [68.86.94.89]
    6 50 ms 42 ms 44 ms 68.86.86.94
    7 78 ms 49 ms 72 ms 68.86.86.89
    8 58 ms 56 ms 58 ms be-11317-cr02.denver.co.ibone.comcast.net [68.86.84.230]
    9 55 ms 55 ms 55 ms ae-16-0-pe01.910fifteenth.co.ibone.comcast.net [68.86.84.122]
    10 55 ms 56 ms 58 ms te0-0-1-0.rcr11.b006467-1.den01.atlas.cogentco.com [154.54.13.5]
    11 74 ms 56 ms 57 ms te0-1-0-3.ccr21.den01.atlas.cogentco.com [154.54.83.29]
    12 61 ms 95 ms 106 ms be2128.ccr21.mci01.atlas.cogentco.com [154.54.25.174]
    13 61 ms 61 ms 61 ms be2156.ccr41.ord01.atlas.cogentco.com [154.54.6.86]
    14 68 ms 68 ms 69 ms be2351.ccr21.cle04.atlas.cogentco.com [154.54.44.86]
    15 72 ms 72 ms 75 ms be2009.ccr21.alb02.atlas.cogentco.com [154.54.25.89]
    16 75 ms 75 ms 76 ms be2299.ccr21.bos01.atlas.cogentco.com [154.54.43.9]
    17 76 ms 77 ms 76 ms te0-0-1-0.rcr11.b002133-1.bos01.atlas.cogentco.com [154.54.46.134]
    18 75 ms 75 ms 74 ms 38.111.40.114
    19 81 ms 74 ms 75 ms 198.49.243.253
    20 * * * Request timed out.
    21 74 ms 73 ms 80 ms xboxpatchserver.crypticstudios.com [208.95.185.41]

Trace complete.
  • Options
    cowdoc0077cowdoc0077 Member Posts: 48 Arc User
    I live in New England and have run 5 ping tests to San Fransisco and Los Angeles; no packet loss and a latency of ~90ms average. 3 tracert tests to crypticstudios.com do have some latencies of around 60ms for 5 of the last hops, but it goes through, very similar to Zaalbar's tracert posted above.
  • Options
    Still same problems .. ALL DAY LONG .. They don't care .... it's very OBVIOUS!!!
  • Options
    bonzaibob22bonzaibob22 Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    Here is my traceroute...
    Tracing route to patchserver.crypticstudios.com [208.95.185.41]
    over a maximum of 30 hops:

1 5 ms 4 ms 4 ms 10.0.0.1
    2 * * * Request timed out.
    3 16 ms 19 ms 15 ms te-0-3-0-5-sur02.lascruces.nm.albuq.comcast.net [68.86.183.173]
    4 22 ms 30 ms 24 ms be-11-ar02.albuquerque.nm.albuq.comcast.net [162.151.97.77]
    5 43 ms 32 ms 26 ms te-0-1-0-7-ar01.albuquerque.nm.albuq.comcast.net [162.151.13.145]
    6 40 ms 37 ms 39 ms be-33654-cr01.1601milehigh.co.ibone.comcast.net [68.86.95.237]
    7 33 ms 29 ms 34 ms be-11719-cr02.denver.co.ibone.comcast.net [68.86.86.77]
    8 28 ms 29 ms 35 ms ae-14-0-pe01.910fifteenth.co.ibone.comcast.net [68.86.84.114]
    9 34 ms 33 ms 65 ms te0-0-1-0.rcr11.b006467-1.den01.atlas.cogentco.com [154.54.13.5]
    10 34 ms 39 ms 34 ms te0-1-0-3.ccr21.den01.atlas.cogentco.com [154.54.83.29]
    11 48 ms 49 ms 49 ms be2128.ccr21.mci01.atlas.cogentco.com [154.54.25.174]
    12 57 ms 53 ms 60 ms be2156.ccr41.ord01.atlas.cogentco.com [154.54.6.86]
    13 59 ms 65 ms 65 ms be2351.ccr21.cle04.atlas.cogentco.com [154.54.44.86]
    14 73 ms 78 ms 75 ms be2009.ccr21.alb02.atlas.cogentco.com [154.54.25.89]
    15 78 ms 79 ms 79 ms be2299.ccr21.bos01.atlas.cogentco.com [154.54.43.9]
    16 77 ms 105 ms 94 ms te0-0-1-0.rcr11.b002133-1.bos01.atlas.cogentco.com [154.54.46.134]
    17 83 ms 79 ms 79 ms 38.111.40.114
    18 87 ms 90 ms 99 ms 198.49.243.253
    19 * * * Request timed out.
    20 80 ms 80 ms 119 ms patchserverrebirth.crypticstudios.com [208.95.185.41]

Trace complete.

• Options
    duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,950 Arc User
    Update: now the connection times out when trying to log into the launcher.

The game can't get any more unplayable than this.
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • Options
    subzer0d1videsubzer0d1vide Member Posts: 144 Arc User
    Update: now the connection times out when trying to log into the launcher.

The game can't get any more unplayable than this.

Agreed. Sad they can't post a message that they are addressing the problem.
    --

"The higher the fewer."
  • Options
    cowdoc0077cowdoc0077 Member Posts: 48 Arc User
    ...for those doing tracert...remember that the * * * at the second to last hop is common.