test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Server not responding.............. Constantly for the last couple of hours!

1235»

Comments

• starjumpersixstarjumpersix Member Posts: 210 Arc User
    It's not just STO either. I've been having the issue with CO and Neverwinter as well. Thank you people for shedding light on this issue.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sup?
  • midnightcry#4105 midnightcry Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    Can not log on TIME OUT TO SERVER...
  • cokeymoncokeymon Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    This issue has been going on most of the day. I wonder if anyone ever checks on the server status or do they just check to make sure it's still on.
  • wanderernotlostwanderernotlost Member Posts: 192 Arc User
    Odd thing was I was able to get in game this A.M. but no I can not. In Oregon. This has been going on for three days. I understand that it is a server issue. But some/any communication from Cryptic would go far in the customer service arena.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

SPACE, THE PRISON OF INFINITY, THE LOST FRONTIER
  • coruunascoruunas Member Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    Odd thing was I was able to get in game this A.M. but no I can not. In Oregon. This has been going on for three days. I understand that it is a server issue. But some/any communication from Cryptic would go far in the customer service arena.

There is some...

zebular Posts: 12,089 Community Moderator
    August 29 edited 1:30AM in General Discussion (PC)
    Update, 2015-08-30 @ 6:20pm PDT:

Alas, we don't have any news to deliver as of yet. We're still waiting for a response from Cogentco, where the issue is. So, there is not much that can be done until then. We'll update more when we have more information.

http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1203025/connection-issues-read-this-please

• psyberdragonpsyberdragon Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    I've been having all of those same issues for the last couple days...I thought (for me) it happened right after my computer did a autoupdate of Win10...thought that might be the issue, which would have sucked. Hope this gets fixed soon...wanna finish my Crystal Catastrophe mission :smiley:
  • mia1099mia1099 Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    I got in once over a 3 hour period, got in a cc, froze, booted and back to not getting in,

Thery might as well just tell us to go away rspecially in light that I work, don't have time to play, have given up sleep to hump this event, still have a limited few hours, if I fail with 13 shards because I could not get in.....

That would be the fork in the fat lady singing

• scarrnscarrn Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    My whole group of friends in Colorado have been unable to play consistently for the past few DAYS.

I can't even connect to the login server much of the time.

Crystalline awards? Not gonna happen now.
  • scarrnscarrn Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    "The website is experiencing technical difficulties."

"Normal gameplay is not affected."

-INCORRECT !!!-

• captaind3captaind3 Member Posts: 2,449 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    scarrn wrote: »
    "The website is experiencing technical difficulties."

"Normal gameplay is not affected."

-INCORRECT !!!-

That was hilarious.

To think back in the day not only did they have people working on the weekends they updated on Saturdays.
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo9_r1_400.gif
    "Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many — they are few"
  • fleudermausfleudermaus Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    I noticed after disconnecting my cable modem for 30 minutes (unplugged) that I was able to log on and actually play normally but the effect was short-lived (a few hours). Connectivity seems to be random.

I'm currently able to log in if I wait 20 minutes for the launcher to load and an additional 10 minutes or so for the character selection screen. After several rounds of that I can sometimes actually get online (in game) but then I have to wait several minutes for chat to be "live" and movement is next to impossible. I'm permanently SNR and after a few minutes I get disconnected and then Login2_timeout when I attempt to relog (again).

I was frustrated for the past two days, now I'm just sad.
    >}--;--'--,----
    LOVECAREHOPESUPPORTCOMMUNITYSHARINGPEACE

• voicebyjackvoicebyjack Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    scarrn wrote: »
    My whole group of friends in Colorado have been unable to play consistently for the past few DAYS.
    I am in Colorado and can concur. Although earlier today I was able to get on and play for 2 hours with no issues. Now, I can't login *again*.
  • duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,980 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    As a few in other threads have pointed out, using a VPN (virtual private network) can get around the problem (by basically taking a detour around the problem spot.) However what others haven't said is how to actually go about that in any real detail (at least as far as I read last night.)

So here's what I've done: I downloaded Avast!'s Secureline VPN service. I played around with some other services but the key point of this is just to re-route your connection across regional networks. Not all VPN programs will do that (as they're generally more focused on providing secure connections for certain web functions than internet detours.)

So with Avast!'s program (which is stand-alone from their AV software) I enabled the 7 day free trial (which should last until cryptic's ISP can get their act together) and just selected to use the closest access point (but if that doesn't work there are other options.) That's it. Now as long as the VPN connection is active all the traffic from this computer is now rerouted and in such a way that makes STO playable again.

That said, there is a major software glitch if you're using Avast! secure line with windows 10 (it'll say you can't establish a connection no matter which you choose), but that is fixable...if you follow the company's registry tweak (basically, in the regedit tool you just have to search for a very specific key and change one uppercase letter in the data field to a lower case.)

All this can be found with a bit of googling, as I have the feeling that providing direct links can easily be seen as an endorsement of a paid program (if anyone has a genuinely free alternative, it would be very good to know). But so far its got me back in game and without any significant lag what-so-ever.
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • captaind3captaind3 Member Posts: 2,449 Arc User
    Well I logged in this morning, and was able to play for an hour straight, with no issues at all, including five character changes and running CCA with no lag problems at all. From my end in Virginia, everything seems to be fixed.
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo9_r1_400.gif
    "Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many — they are few"
  • mia1099mia1099 Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    This has been happening to me every day now, today 12 PST server not responding to total kick to not getting back in, When this happens I am pretty much assured I will not get back in and to normal play until after 7 to 8 PM PST
  • aedroosaedroos Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    DO NOT let this thread die guys, you know Cryptic doesnt care or communicate and will just assume that everything is ok if we dont keep complaining....I still cannot connect "normally"...I have to use a vpn program like others have stated to reroute around the problem...they need to get a clue and admit there is a problem and fix it AND communicate with their playerbase...we understand if it might take time to fix it, just tell us that for petes sake, dont keep slient and ignore the problem and the playerbase like usual....there is a definite connection problem that needs fixing asap....
  • khaldun1khaldun1 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    In Oregon and having the same issues. Cogent needs to get their stuff together. This is freaking old. Customers deserve better service than what they have been passing off for the past year or two.
    edited September 2015
    aedroos wrote: »
    DO NOT let this thread die guys, you know Cryptic doesnt care or communicate and will just assume that everything is ok if we dont keep complaining.....

Here's the latest update (for news just check the link several of us has been trying to share in these threads)
    The previous update here remains current. Sadly, we cannot do anything about this until Cogencto fixes the issue themselves, for this is not a Server issue. It is an issue with users who have ISPs that route through Cogentco's Network in the Boston area to get to our game Servers, which are also in Boston. Unfortunately because of this, we cannot give an ETA until we hear back from Cogentco.

Some folks have stated that using the EU proxy helps them, as well as others stated that setting up their VPN helps their connection, as well as others stated switching to one of their other ISPs allows them to connect. Alas, these aren't helpful work-arounds for the average user but if you know how to do such, you may wish to give it a try. If you don't know how and want to try, you can change to the EU proxy in the Launcher's options. As for setting up a VPN, you'll need to research how to do that oneself, as that sort of information is not something I can suggest and explain.

I also provided a suggestion for a short-term VPN fix (ie. until the free trial expires, which should hopefully cover this downtime) in my previous post.

And if (and ONLY if) anyone experiences the "can't connect to any VPN using Avast! secure line on Windows 10" glitch here's the full registry fix. Do not get "creative" if you don't know what you're doing! That particularly applies if you don't know what I'm referring to here. Do not start playing with your registry in some dim hope of fixing general connectivity problems!
    - Open regedit (from cortana window just search for "regedit")
    - In regedit navigate to the folder HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class
    - Press ctrl+f (ie. find) and search for aswtap (should be located in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E972-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}\000X - where X is some other number)
    - Create new string value here (value name = ComponentId, value data = aswtap)
    --- if the above string already exists, just right click ComponentId and then modify the data field to: aswtap. You should only need to replace one letter, capitalization matters!
    - Close regedit
    - Restart SecureLine

And I cannot stress enough that this is a very particular fix to a very particular bug in a very particular program (Avast! Secure Line, which is an option to get around Cogent's server problems). DO NOT ATTEMPT THIS just to troubleshoot STO connectivity problems.
    Post edited by duncanidaho11 on
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • aedroosaedroos Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    thanks a lot duncan...very helpful again
  • noxteregnoxtereg Member Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    Just an FYI Avast VPN has a free 7 day trial https://www.avast.com/en-us/secureline-vpn or search google for Avast VPN.
    After 7 days its like $7 a month or there is a yearly rate.
    I haven't used it on STO since I used up the trial and the month I paid for a while back but was best VPN I found. I'm sure there are others as well. I've heard of a couple other free ones but were not the greatest.

edited September 2015
    Update!

Cogent co issue does seem to be resolved, a VPN is no longer required to access the game...but I'm getting a lot of disconnects and rubberbanding (with and without a VPN). Could be a local issue, but no other bandwidth heavy thing seems to be having trouble.

Tracert below
    Tracing route to patchserver.crypticstudios.com [208.95.185.41]
    over a maximum of 30 hops:

1 1 ms <1 ms <1 ms
    2 9 ms 8 ms 11 ms
    3 9 ms 12 ms 10 ms
    4 15 ms 14 ms 12 ms
    5 15 ms 14 ms 30 ms
    6 14 ms 26 ms 14 ms
    7 11 ms 11 ms 11 ms he-0-12-0-1-pe04.350ecermak.il.ibone.comcast.net
    [68.86.83.166]
    8 13 ms 14 ms 12 ms 23.30.206.134
    9 12 ms 23 ms 12 ms be2217.ccr42.ord01.atlas.cogentco.com [154.54.24
    .205]
    10 22 ms 20 ms 20 ms be2185.ccr22.cle04.atlas.cogentco.com [154.54.43
    .178]
    11 34 ms 50 ms 33 ms be2189.ccr22.alb02.atlas.cogentco.com [154.54.43
    .185]
    12 36 ms 38 ms 37 ms be2302.ccr22.bos01.atlas.cogentco.com [154.54.43
    .13]
    13 37 ms 40 ms 37 ms te0-0-0-0.rcr11.b002133-1.bos01.atlas.cogentco.c
    om [154.54.46.130]
    14 41 ms 36 ms 58 ms 38.111.40.114
    15 37 ms 36 ms 43 ms 198.49.243.253
    16 * * * Request timed out.
    17 38 ms 40 ms 59 ms patchserverrebirth.crypticstudios.com [208.95.18
    5.41]

Trace complete.

C:\Users\Matthew>

Still getting a time-out right before the patch server.
  • commodoreshrvkcommodoreshrvk Member Posts: 477 Arc User
    Update!

Cogent co issue does seem to be resolved, a VPN is no longer required to access the game...but I'm getting a lot of disconnects and rubberbanding (with and without a VPN). Could be a local issue, but no other bandwidth heavy thing seems to be having trouble.
    Yeah they say the issue is resolved with Cogentco, but I am still having the same issues, at the same hops. So has anyone else that has been posting here been able to get in?
  • fleudermausfleudermaus Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    I noticed after disconnecting my cable modem for 30 minutes (unplugged) that I was able to log on and actually play normally but the effect was short-lived (a few hours). Connectivity seems to be random.

I'm currently able to log in if I wait 20 minutes for the launcher to load and an additional 10 minutes or so for the character selection screen. After several rounds of that I can sometimes actually get online (in game) but then I have to wait several minutes for chat to be "live" and movement is next to impossible. I'm permanently SNR and after a few minutes I get disconnected and then Login2_timeout when I attempt to relog (again).

I was frustrated for the past two days, now I'm just sad.

UPDATE: I am now able to connect at a normal speed within a normal time frame and play the game with only the "normal" spotty lag here and there. So it seems to be back to being playable though I lost really 4 days of the event.

The good news though is that it's playable again. I'm sure those in Cryptic support were as frustrated if not more so than those of us waiting for a 3rd party fix. Better and more timely information fed to the player base would be a good take away from this for the Support staff; I only knew about the 3rd party problem because I also play Neverwinter and it was posted clearly in the Neverwinter forums by support.

R/
    Fleudermaus
    >}--;--'--,----
    LOVECAREHOPESUPPORTCOMMUNITYSHARINGPEACE