test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Server not responding.............. Constantly for the last couple of hours!

I've been playing STO for several hours today/tonight and up until about 2 hours ago everything was fine, but then I started getting those dreaded "Server not responding....." messages which were always followed by a disconnection from the server! The frequency has steadily been increasing to the point now where I log back into the game, select a character to play and about 1-2 minutes after entering the game world that "Server not responding....." message re-appears followed by yet another disconnection from the server!

I've also noticed other players characters become "frozen" in mid-run with some of them "disappearing" and I've had some rubber-banding while ruuning around at the Academy (both Starfleet and KDF)!

I know this is NOT a problem with my internet, nor my computer. Everything at my end is working just fine, the problem, as per usual, is with Cryptic's server(s). So, how about someone at Cryptic does something to fix this? Preferably in the next few hours!
Playing STO since August 2010
Playing Neverwinter since July 2014

Comments

• baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,691 Community Moderator
    First time I've ever had problems this bad. Lagged out on CC, then got booted after it ended and before I could claim any rewards. Can't get back in to game. Launcher just sits there like it's thinking about what it should do next. Even having trouble loading the forum. Not having any other internet troubles. All problems seem to be related to PWE/Cryptic. :/
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • grizzlyukgrizzlyuk Member Posts: 66 Arc User
    After I made my OP I just didn't bother with trying to get back into the game for about 10, maybe 15 minutes. Then logged back in, selected the character I'd left in Sector Space and the game behaved itself! Damn typical I guess, I put up with the "Server not responding....." messages for a couple hours, finally got fed up and decided to post here about the problem then when I go back into the game it's OK, not a single "Server not responding....." message in about 90 minutes! *sigh*
    Playing STO since August 2010
    Playing Neverwinter since July 2014
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,691 Community Moderator
    I'm getting constantly disconnected. :(
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • shurato2099shurato2099 Member Posts: 588 Arc User
    I'm not getting disconnected as often but the bungee lag and latency issues are making the game nigh unplayable.
  • duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,979 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    STO...isn't really working right now. After five or so attempts I can log in but that just lets me wander around taking care of non-intensive things (exchange, doffing, ect.) Tried CC and it was unplayable. Almost every command didn't register and I spent the match slowly ticking around like the second hand on a clock without any input what-so-ever.

I was able to finish the match but got DC'ed when trying to leave.

Here's the tracert.
    Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.10240]
    (c) 2015 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\Users\>tracert patchserver.crypticstudios.com

Tracing route to patchserver.crypticstudios.com [208.95.185.41]
    over a maximum of 30 hops:
    1 8 ms 3 ms 1 ms
    2 10 ms 8 ms 10 ms
    3 9 ms 10 ms 10 ms
    [68.86.185.29]
    4 13 ms 15 ms 13 ms
    .139.235.121]
    5 12 ms 13 ms 14 ms
    8.86.91.165]
    6 15 ms 14 ms 14 ms
    8.86.86.230]
    7 35 ms 34 ms 36 ms be-10617-cr02.denver.co.ibone.comcast.net [68.86
    .85.170]
    8 35 ms 35 ms 34 ms ae-12-0-pe01.910fifteenth.co.ibone.comcast.net [
    68.86.84.26]
    9 36 ms 35 ms 35 ms te0-0-0-0.rcr11.b006467-1.den01.atlas.cogentco.c
    om [154.54.10.33]
    10 39 ms 35 ms 35 ms te0-1-0-3.ccr21.den01.atlas.cogentco.com [154.54
    .83.29]
    11 53 ms 52 ms 53 ms be2128.ccr21.mci01.atlas.cogentco.com [154.54.25
    .174]
    12 36 ms 38 ms 35 ms be2156.ccr41.ord01.atlas.cogentco.com [154.54.6.
    86]
    13 43 ms 43 ms 44 ms be2351.ccr21.cle04.atlas.cogentco.com [154.54.44
    .86]
    14 61 ms 57 ms 56 ms be2009.ccr21.alb02.atlas.cogentco.com [154.54.25
    .89]
    15 59 ms 59 ms 62 ms be2299.ccr21.bos01.atlas.cogentco.com [154.54.43
    .9]
    16 97 ms 63 ms 85 ms te0-0-1-0.rcr11.b002133-1.bos01.atlas.cogentco.c
    om [154.54.46.134]
    17 59 ms 58 ms 59 ms 38.111.40.114
    18 59 ms 59 ms 62 ms 198.49.243.253
    19 * * * Request timed out.
    20 60 ms 60 ms 60 ms patchserver2.crypticstudios.com [208.95.185.41]

Trace complete.
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
    That trace is actually smoother than mine, I get 108 and 147ms jumps as soon as I hit cogentco.
  • maldrecmaldrec Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    im getting those server nor responding messages and massive lag spikes as well looks like they broke something again CC is almost impossible, managed to get in a few shots then from lag and rubberbanding im all over the map, followed by a dc.
  • rosesawrosesaw Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    Same here bout every 5 minutes and I am just logging off and calling it quits till it is fixed
  • soltic2soltic2 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    It will not log me or my roommate in at all. Wish they would leave things alone. Like my dad once told me, "If it is not broken do not fix it."
  • nyx219nyx219 Member Posts: 207 Arc User
    The rubberbanding & lag is so bad this time around that my crew has whiplash & motion sickness from it in space queues. Moving around ESD is a futile effort right now as well. I'm about ready to log out & not bother with my alts tonight at this rate.
  • stigian01stigian01 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    How many times do we have to deal with this pita. Could you just fix your junk already? This is getting SOOOO OLDDDDDDD

How in the world do you expect to get more players when you can not even service the ones you have. Do you want them to come in and lag all over and have a great time?!?!! The lag is constant nearly every single day. This should trump every single project on the table right now because its effecting every single player in your game negatively.
  • cuchulainn74cuchulainn74 Member Posts: 831 Arc User
    Yeah, can't even get past character selection screen anymore. Login2_Timeout every single time. Was just getting long "Server Not Responding" problems a bit ago.
    Fleet Admiral CuChulainn - U.S.S. Aegis KT Intel Dreadnought Cruiser
    vGdvFsX.jpg

• noxteregnoxtereg Member Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    Cant log in myself again.
    I've brought 4 new people to the game in the last couple months none have stayed because of this :(
    Brought another new person to the game last night, we'll see if they stay or not.
    They had to submit a ticket already and luckily the issue was fixed immediately! Thumbs up on that.
    Lets hope this lag and connections issues get fixed soon. New people aren't staying and old ones leaving too much :(
    Its getting lonely here.

qeK3NnI.jpg
  • nyx219nyx219 Member Posts: 207 Arc User
    I'm trying to DOFF my way through my alts, this isn't particularly fun. SNRs & DCs, login server timeouts, then still rubberbanding & massive lag when I get back in...
  • noxteregnoxtereg Member Posts: 111 Arc User
    Almost got in, started to load Beta Quadrant then got SNR for 59 seconds and DC.
    Must not be an STO night for me, glad they give extra days on CE event because Ive missed 3 now.
    Guess I'll watch a movie. Good luck to all.
  • scavengerhyenascavengerhyena Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    I'm getting slow login and then when it does log in I get stuck on the character selection screen. Then when I pick the character to play it, it then logs me out with the error "Login2_Timeout". So how can I do the crystal daily when I can't get in? Note: I don't have Windows 10 so hence I should be able to get in.
  • fleudermausfleudermaus Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    SNR =>> Disconnected =>> Login2_timeout (numerous times) DELETED game and ARC and clean reinstall
    Then game was playable for 45 minutes, but then:=>> SNR =>> Disconnected =>> Login2_timeout

So I'll just wait I suppose - the event is a wash I've had SNR for 2 days of marginal playability and it's completely unplayable now so I got the event done on 1 of 14 characters (LTS membership doesn't seem to make any difference here either as my 2nd NON-LTS account has the same issue but seems to get further along before failing than my LTS account)
    >}--;--'--,----
    LOVECAREHOPESUPPORTCOMMUNITYSHARINGPEACE

• trwarbucktrwarbuck Member Posts: 274 Arc User
    I've been getting the same Login2_Timeout and Server not responding message since Friday 7:30pm (EST-US). I'm actually glad to find out that it is not my laptop and desktop computers. Because of this outrage, I am hoping that the CC will be extended.
  • aaron734aaron734 Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    I'm having the same problems. Internet and connectivity is flawless, it's the game. Sad. I just hope their not having a DoS attack. So over those!
    This may be related: http://www.neowin.net/news/level3-suffering-major-outages-effects-are-felt-worldwide

If you look at the graphic showing the location and severity of the service outages Boston, home of the server farm Cryptic uses, is under one of the yellow blotches as of 2pm Eastern. Between that and pathping showing a 97-100% packet loss at one of Cogent's servers, I think that could well be what's making things so bad tonight.
  • drakeixdrakeix Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    Complete lag once connected, launch took about 10 minutes, forced verified as well; The game is unplayable for me 12:46am PST 8/29 what's the deal?
    edited August 2015
    This may be related: http://www.neowin.net/news/level3-suffering-major-outages-effects-are-felt-worldwide

If you look at the graphic showing the location and severity of the service outages Boston, home of the server farm Cryptic uses, is under one of the yellow blotches as of 2pm Eastern. Between that and pathping showing a 97-100% packet loss at one of Cogent's servers, I think that could well be what's making things so bad tonight.
    I'm not so sure. Those guys now say the issue is resolved, its morning (US), and I'm still having the exact same issues as last night including the login_2 error captured above. The most worrying part of the trace was also a drop out at the second to last hop, which was also the apparent problem last time cryptic had some sort of major connectivity issue.

Could always be on my end (though so far all my stats look good), but it seems something broke at cryptic.

Edit: made it into the game after a few more tries. Everything is FUBAR, making a few edits in the tailor was all I could manage (but even that had plenty of SNR's).

It would be nice, for once, where saying "the game is completely unplayable" wouldn't be met with a vacuous silence mute enough to consume a man's soul from the developer. Aren't they supposed to be keeping an eye on whether or not people can play their game? I certainly would if it were my job.
    Post edited by duncanidaho11 on
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • cowdoc0077cowdoc0077 Member Posts: 48 Arc User
    The login2_timeout is still going on this AM (August 29th). But these issues have been going on for weeks. That cogent server hit just added insult to injury.
    edited August 2015
    cowdoc0077 wrote: »
    The login2_timeout is still going on this AM (August 29th). But these issues have been going on for weeks. That cogent server hit just added insult to injury.

Indeed but the servers effectively crashing (at least for a certain segment of the population) goes beyond the uptick in lag or (I think) broader networking issues (usually those don't hang around until the wee-morning.) There may be other stuff going on but I think the main event is something breaking again at cryptic (see. second to last or last hop timing out on the tracerts.)
    Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.10240]
    (c) 2015 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\Users\>tracert patchserver.crypticstudios.com

Tracing route to patchserver.crypticstudios.com [208.95.185.41]
    over a maximum of 30 hops:

1 2 ms <1 ms <1 ms
    2 23 ms 10 ms 34 ms
    3 10 ms 10 ms 14 ms
    4 14 ms 18 ms 14 ms
    5 13 ms 16 ms 20 ms
    6 14 ms 15 ms 13 ms
    7 40 ms 37 ms 38 ms be-10617-cr02.denver.co.ibone.comcast.net [68.86
    .85.170]
    8 35 ms 34 ms 37 ms ae-12-0-pe01.910fifteenth.co.ibone.comcast.net [
    68.86.84.26]
    9 42 ms 43 ms 36 ms te0-0-0-0.rcr11.b006467-1.den01.atlas.cogentco.c
    om [154.54.10.33]
    10 38 ms 38 ms 37 ms te0-1-0-3.ccr21.den01.atlas.cogentco.com [154.54
    .83.29]
    11 54 ms 80 ms 53 ms be2128.ccr21.mci01.atlas.cogentco.com [154.54.25
    .174]
    12 39 ms 36 ms 35 ms be2156.ccr41.ord01.atlas.cogentco.com [154.54.6.
    86]
    13 45 ms 57 ms 43 ms be2351.ccr21.cle04.atlas.cogentco.com [154.54.44
    .86]
    14 72 ms 57 ms 59 ms be2009.ccr21.alb02.atlas.cogentco.com [154.54.25
    .89]
    15 60 ms 62 ms 67 ms be2299.ccr21.bos01.atlas.cogentco.com [154.54.43
    .9]
    16 61 ms 60 ms 61 ms te0-0-1-0.rcr11.b002133-1.bos01.atlas.cogentco.c
    om [154.54.46.134]
    17 59 ms 60 ms 64 ms 38.111.40.114
    18 59 ms 89 ms 58 ms 198.49.243.253
    19 * * * Request timed out.
    20 59 ms 59 ms 70 ms patchserver2.crypticstudios.com [208.95.185.41]

Trace complete.

C:\Users\>
  • gameleechgameleech Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    I have come to the following conclusions.

1. Cogent Communications sucks.
    2. Arc Defender sucks.

Thank you for your understanding in these issues.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • stuart1965stuart1965 Member Posts: 691 Arc User
    I've had no problem so far, apart from there being dead queues as usual. Cryptic really have not thought about the queues problem.
  • cletusdeadmancletusdeadman Member Posts: 248 Arc User
    Same problem here as well.
    My tracert looks good as well. This rules out the internet.
    It's a Cryptic issue.

Oh wait, here is goes again....

Postlogin2_timedout

• sdavistatorsdavistator Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    Impossible to get in game now (central US). It has been weeks now. Usually, it's difficult at nighttime. This morning? Slow loading launcher, patch screen, character select lag. Once I choose my character...BOOM! Login2_Timeout. How long are you going to let this go on? Can't we get TRUE customer service? What can we do as a player base to effect change?
  • honekittehhonekitteh Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    I'm also getting the Login2_Timeout. I tried loading in safe mode, same response. Started trying at 815 EDT.
    Captain Jyana L. Kai
    Commanding Officer, U.S.S. Barclay (NCC-93784)
    Executive Officer, Task Force Avalon

[PERSONNEL FILE] - [SHIP FILE] - [PERSONAL LOG]
    edited August 2015
    Impossible to get in game now (central US). It has been weeks now. Usually, it's difficult at nighttime. This morning? Slow loading launcher, patch screen, character select lag. Once I choose my character...BOOM! Login2_Timeout. How long are you going to let this go on? Can't we get TRUE customer service? What can we do as a player base to effect change?

My solution for this weekend: starting up another Dragon Age Inquisition playthrough.

I'm not going to be sitting eagerly at the launcher hoping for a swift response with this one. We've had these horrendous lag issues pretty frequently now (in addition to other event-killing problems, see. massive, inexplicable, framerate slowdowns on Risa and New Romulus for certain hardware types which still hasn't been fixed) and the amount of slack I'm willing to cut cryptic at this point is pretty much nil.

Fun games can be ruined by shoddy implementation (or at least, very reticent damage control. Hell, those affected by the S10 framerate glitches never even got a "sorry about ruining the Risa summer event with the S10 update." I'm really not expecting much with this latest round of difficulties.)