What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Celebrating New Dawn with Giveaways

Comments

• Options
    toivatoiva Member Posts: 3,276 Arc User
    Well this giveaway seems nice.

But I'll wait actually unpacking and using the spec points till I hear the respec issue is resolved.
    TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix, Toveg, T'vritha, To Vrax: Bring in the Allegiance class.
    Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia, Ty'Vris, Tia Vex, Toi'Virth: Add Tier 6 KDF Carrier and Raider.
    Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var, Tevra, T'Vira, To'Vrak: Give us Asylums for Romulans.

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!
  • Options
    nazelnagnazelnag Member Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    Regrettably I already have this costume. However, I'm certainly not going to complain about free stuff, so I'll be looking forward to what the next couple of days give out.

I've spent tons of zen in 2 different accounts and this outfit was one of the very few outfits i didn't had. seems i missed out, was not expecting it to be available before today. :'(

i haven't played much lately because the client crashes all the time, on each patch "jump in to stf and client crashes half way" and haven't been on the forum much either, because it's still messed up, just right now, i did a preview, and deleted all i was writing ... great ...

so, i missed out on one of the few uniforms that i didn't had ... is this going to make me want to be "more tuned in with the game offers" !? ... no, i don't think so ... by the contrary, it's just another small stone on the "time to move on to something else" which has been building for quite some time ... :(

(got to save this c**p on the WordPad before doing a preview or it deletes all ... wtf !?"
  • Options
    zeuxidemus001zeuxidemus001 Member Posts: 3,357 Arc User
    Yeah I went and got these on all the characters and played the FE one time thru was a nice reward. However the ship per character ship mastery and the specialization xp grindfest leave a bad taste in my mouth way too much grind to even being able to think about playing again until that is made more alt friendly. So that admiralty TRIBBLE will be useless for them to spend money/time on if they don't fix the problematic part of their design.
  • Options
    farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
    The 2 points was very nice. I got them on all my characters. Even the ones I rarely play anymore. For when I get around to it. So at least they will have those.
    Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.
  • Options
    captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User
    galatt wrote: »
    I'll never get over the fact that people can complain about a FREE GIVEAWAY.

"They should have offered this."

"It's not for my faction."

"I already have that."

"Why do't they do this at a time convenient to ME?" (Forget the other thousands of us who might be intersted)

"Why can't is be a T6 ship with Mk TRIBBLE cannons that shoot rainbows and unicorns?"

And my personal favorite: "Why are they wasting time with this instead of fixing (insert bug here)?"

I swear, the sense of entitlement in people is out of hand. Play the game or don't. You obviously need to watch Star Trek more if greed is your only motivating factor in life.

I mean, we all grump a little from time to time, and the game and developer have some flaws, but this is a pretty well-maintained game in the grand scheme of things. I've played much worse.
    Preach it brother/sister.

Eh, I just would like to see something new in the C-Store.
  • Options
    farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User

"I already have that."

"Why do't they do this at a time convenient to ME?" (Forget the other thousands of us who might be intersted)

"Why can't is be a T6 ship with Mk TRIBBLE cannons that shoot rainbows and unicorns?"

And my personal favorite: "Why are they wasting time with this instead of fixing (insert bug here)?"

I swear, the sense of entitlement in people is out of hand. Play the game or don't. You obviously need to watch Star Trek more if greed is your only motivating factor in life.

I mean, we all grump a little from time to time, and the game and developer have some flaws, but this is a pretty well-maintained game in the grand scheme of things. I've played much worse.

I agree, I love seeing them doing this. As it shows they care about their customers. A couple times I got stuff I won't use or already have. But I got a lot that I didn't have.

These gifts are always welcomed!
    Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.
  • Options
    xyquarzexyquarze Member Posts: 2,114 Arc User
    so, i see the giveaway today is 2 spec points; that's generous, cryptic, VERY generous...what are you nerfing this time?
    morden613 wrote: »
    Not that I'm not thankful for the free spec points but you miss one important detail...
    The spec points cannot be used. (oh right, it tells me to respec as well, so that's happening for me too)
    'Purchase' button is greyed out when I go to specializations even though I have spec points to spend.
    If you're going to give us stuff, give us stuff we're able to use. Thanks.
    nazelnag wrote: »
    so, i missed out on one of the few uniforms that i didn't had ... [...] it's just another small stone on the "time to move on to something else" which has been building for quite some time

MMO players must have great birthdays.

"Thanks for the X Box mom, does that mean you're cutting my allowance?"

"Yeah, great car dad, but the tank is almost empty, I cannot use it right now!"

"Thanks for calling grandma, but I wasn't home and that's YOUR fault! I may never gonna visit you again."
    My mother was an epohh and my father smelled of tulaberries
  • Options
    xyquarzexyquarze Member Posts: 2,114 Arc User
    I almost forgot to say it myself:

Thanks a lot for this very generous gift. Even though I don't feel the grind as much as others do, this is a very generous gift and greatly appreciated. And even if it hobbles at the moment and will take some time to work: I will still enjoy it a lot when I get it. Keep calm and take your time.
    My mother was an epohh and my father smelled of tulaberries
  • Options
    f9thretxcf9thretxc Member Posts: 505 Arc User
    Has anyone been able to actually spend the two spec points? I've got them listed under specializations tab, but any time I try to purchase an ability, the purchase tab/clickie is greyed out.

I've tried moving maps, multiple level 60 toons, and no go. They are there, I just can't spend them.
    My mother always told me to walk away from a fight, The Marines taught me how.
  • Options
    f9thretxcf9thretxc Member Posts: 505 Arc User
    Woops, please disregard my previous post, I see where it has been addressed , and good ole Bort is on the case with a patch tomorrow.
    My mother always told me to walk away from a fight, The Marines taught me how.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Arc User
    farmallm wrote: »

"I already have that."

I agree, I love seeing them doing this. As it shows they care about their customers. A couple times I got stuff I won't use or already have. But I got a lot that I didn't have.

These gifts are always welcomed!

Even it's something I already have, I still appreciate that it's free stuff being given away. It's a nice gesture on their part. Though, I'm still hoping for the Exeter lol. ^_~
  • Options
    tarran62tarran62 Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    Two points per toon, wow, thank yous to everyone, thats very nice of you.
  • Options
    saber1973asaber1973a Member Posts: 1,224 Arc User
    Does anyone noticed nice "bug"? Everytime we got giveaway in Promotions tab, the counter that allows only 1 Polytrinic Acid Horta per toon got reset...
    It worked for my 15 of 16 toons this time....
  • Options
    royalsovereignroyalsovereign Member Posts: 1,344 Arc User
    saber1973a wrote: »
    Does anyone noticed nice "bug"? Everytime we got giveaway in Promotions tab, the counter that allows only 1 Polytrinic Acid Horta per toon got reset...
    It worked for my 15 of 16 toons this time....
    I guess if you want to fill up your inventory with PolyHortas, go right ahead. Can't use more than one at a time anyway.

"You Iconians just hung a vacancy sign on your asses and my foot's looking for a room!"
    --Red Annorax
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    Yes - you can - i already got 3 on most toons equipped on BOFFs :p

That counter was on opening horta pack, not at claiming it....
  • Options
    nero#6673 nero Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    Would be nice to get some Fleet ship modules in a giveaway - ;)
    50777087521_0fb2747817_z.jpg

protogoth wrote:
    Picard and his gang of misfits (Commander Quagmire, his sometime-girlfriend Counselor State-the-Obvious, Pinocchio aspiring to be a real boy, a blind helmsman, and Microbrain, not to mention Doctor I'm-here-as-a-thinly-veiled-love-interest-for-the-captain-and-otherwise-have-no-real-purpose and her son Annoying Boy Geekwiz)

I am no ones minion - I will do what is right
  • Options
    lieutenantusherlieutenantusher Member Posts: 56 Arc User
    Thank you for the free stuff.:)

Even if I own it other players still get it, and those spec points were a wonderful surprise!
  • Options
    johnnymo1johnnymo1 Member Posts: 697 Arc User
    Free stuff is always great, but the points are awesome!
  • Options
    swamarianswamarian Member Posts: 1,506 Arc User
    I guess if you want to fill up your inventory with PolyHortas, go right ahead. Can't use more than one at a time anyway.

Boffs can use them. I give that one plus the freebie from the mine mission to my 2 main ground boffs on all my characters.
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    I don't know - free stuff stays free for any later created toons, the points are only for toons that are there >>now<<

... and anyone thats keep playing will soon or later earn specs points....
  • Options
    dana2lovedana2love Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    Thanks for the giveaways. Can't wait to see what's next.
    pmuvj73Aj
  • Options
    jcswwjcsww Member Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    Thank you, PWE, for the free stuff! I purchased the Section 31 outfit back when it first became available but I am glad others will get to enjoy the simple, yet sleek outfit. The skill points were definitely a nice addition as well. However, the KDF were clearly forgotten about on day 1 of the giveaway. Will we see a KDF only item given away at all during this round of giveaways?

Level 60 KDF characters are also still awaiting their Dahar Master jackets. Is there any ETA on these? I would also like to see some more KDF outfits and ships make it into the C-Store. T6 D7's for both the Klingon and Romulan empires would be very welcome. KDF Captain's are still eagerly awaiting the T6 Bird of Prey as well. *waves money* :D
  • Options
    mhall85mhall85 Member Posts: 2,852 Arc User1
    Just a friendly reminder, kids...

The wording of the blog is a bit ambiguous (why this is the case, I haven't a clue)... so, be prepared that today MAY be the final day of the giveaway. (Read it again... the blog says "leading up to the weekend," not "leading up through the weekend.")

Whatever it is, thanks for the free stuff. :)
    d87926bd02aaa4eb12e2bb0fbc1f7061.jpg
  • Options
    bubblegirl2015bubblegirl2015 Member Posts: 830 Arc User
    Are we getting an extra day for the free spec since some had issues with respec?
    Wiki editor http://sto.gamepedia.com
    Original STO beta tester.
  • Options
    Doubt it - we could claim the spec points, and once they fix it, we will be able to use them too.....
  • Options
    mhall85mhall85 Member Posts: 2,852 Arc User1
    Holodeck is open, so go get them now.

Trendy also said in the maintenance thread that the spec point claiming will be extended. She can give further details on that. :smile:
    d87926bd02aaa4eb12e2bb0fbc1f7061.jpg
  • Options
    pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
    We're extending the window for you to get your specialization points to 12PM PDT today, in light of our maintenance! Be sure to grab yours!
  • Options
    swamarianswamarian Member Posts: 1,506 Arc User
    We're extending the window for you to get your specialization points to 12PM PDT today, in light of our maintenance! Be sure to grab yours!

Ah nooooo. I was planning on getting day 3's prize at lunch.
    Oh well, the give away's appreciated regardless.
  • Options
    pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
    swamarian wrote: »

We'll still be launching Day 3's prize at the same time as well!
  • Options
    dana2lovedana2love Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    swamarian wrote: »

We'll still be launching Day 3's prize at the same time as well!

That's great News, thanks!

pmuvj73Aj
This discussion has been closed.