test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Celebrating New Dawn with Giveaways

Comments

• Options
    nyxadrillnyxadrill Member Posts: 1,242 Arc User
    Oooh! I thought, I dont have that one.....then I realised when this would end so I jumped in the car at lunchtime, shot home, logged in an snagged it!

Now....who do I charge the gas to? :p lol

No, seriously thank you for the freebie, it is much appreciated :)
    server_hamster6.png
  • Options
    mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    minababe wrote: »
    aelogria wrote: »
    Cryptic is ritualistic in their disappointment.

Ditto the constant whining of players. It just never seems to end.
    minababe wrote: »
    aelogria wrote: »
    Cryptic is ritualistic in their disappointment.

Ditto the constant whining of players. It just never seems to end.

The real problem is that the world needs more fresh water, not salt water.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • Options
    captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User
    nyxadrill wrote: »
    Oooh! I thought, I dont have that one.....then I realised when this would end so I jumped in the car at lunchtime, shot home, logged in an snagged it!

Now....who do I charge the gas to? :p lol

No, seriously thank you for the freebie, it is much appreciated :)

Charge the Server Hamsters! ;)
  • Options
    paulno1paulno1 Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    gypsyblade wrote: »
    Yay, free stuff, let me get on my KDF.... oh wait

We do appreciate free stuff, however its still not cool that Roms and KDF can't get anything. I believe we brought this up last time you gave this same costume away. What would of been awesome was unlock it so other factions can wear the costume during the giveaway.

Good Idea tnen when the giveaway end's we can all run around in our underware lol
    Entrusted to protect all Planet's in the Federation
  • Options
    nyxadrillnyxadrill Member Posts: 1,242 Arc User
    paulno1 wrote: »
    gypsyblade wrote: »
    Yay, free stuff, let me get on my KDF.... oh wait

We do appreciate free stuff, however its still not cool that Roms and KDF can't get anything. I believe we brought this up last time you gave this same costume away. What would of been awesome was unlock it so other factions can wear the costume during the giveaway.

Good Idea tnen when the giveaway end's we can all run around in our underware lol

LOL OK that made me chuckle :D
    server_hamster6.png
  • Options
    paulno1paulno1 Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    robertc328 wrote: »
    dalolorn wrote: »
    This one was in the last giveaway, too. What are you trying to tell us, Cryptic?

<.<

>.>

*sighs* Okay, I'll join Section 31... just call off the assassins, will you?

Pretty sure it was given away during a livestream at once point as well. They really want us to join the morally grey side, don't they?

Here's 'morally grey' for you: I dress my Captain & First Officer in the black Section 31 uniform, with blue gloves, then fly around the galaxy with hunting River Tam.

Pmsl
    Entrusted to protect all Planet's in the Federation
  • Options
    dave18193dave18193 Member Posts: 416 Arc User
    Even if this event is only 3 days long, its still a nice treat. They say "up to the weekend" but does that include giveaways on saturday and sunday also? I doubt it but itd be nice.

I wonder if we'll get a T5 ship this time?

Personally, my dream scenario would be:

Day 2: Exeter + kdf/rom equivalents.

Day 3: T5 Intrepid, Defiant or Gal with KDF/Rom equivalents.

If they give away T6 ship(s) Id be overjoyed but shocked. If they did though, my guess would be Dauntless, Matha and Aehl.
    Got a cat? Have 10 minutes to help someone make the best degree dissertation of all time?

Then please fill out my dissertation survey on feline attachment, it'd be a massive help (-:

https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/87XKSGH
  • Options
    omegapaladinomegapaladin Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    Really wish they had not scheduled this at the same time as Shard maintenance. I'm locked out of the game and I have to go to work!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Arc User
    dave18193 wrote: »

I would definately love the Exeter, too. I highly doubt they'd do T5 ships, that would be folly financially.

• Options
    keletteskelettes Member Posts: 488 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    They did give away a T5 Nebula retrofit once.
    So there's the "spectrum" right there.
    Something between T2 and T5 - I'm after the Exeter too, btw :smile:

But if we do get something from the T6 caliber... well... that'd be a real surprise. :smiley:
    /dreaming off

XD
    "Ad astra audacter eamus in alis fidelium."
    -
    "To boldly go to the stars on the wings of the faithful."
  • Options
    captainmal3captainmal3 Member Posts: 436 Arc User
    They've given out T5 ships twice, both times when T5 was actually the top tier (well, FT5 was, but still). They've been giving out slightly less each time they do these giveaways though so don't get your hopes up. Even lower tier ships can be cool though, some of them have nice consoles and there's the upcoming admiralty system which they might be nice for.
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    sov42 wrote: »

I would definately love the Exeter, too. I highly doubt they'd do T5 ships, that would be folly financially.
    Yeah, they HAVE given away T5, but not T6. :p
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Arc User
    kelettes wrote: »
    They did give away a T5 Nebula retrofit once.

Well, I didn't know that. I left before season 2 and came back in 9.5. But, given their recent cash-grab mentality, I would be extraordinarily surprised to see a T5 giveaway.

• Options
    kyrrokkyrrok Member Posts: 1,352 Arc User
    Even if this event is only 3 days long, its still a nice treat. They say "up to the weekend" but does that include giveaways on saturday and sunday also? I doubt it but itd be nice.

If they give away T6 ship(s) Id be overjoyed but shocked. If they did though, my guess would be Dauntless, Matha and Aehl.

T6 giveaway? Good luck with that one. My imagination was running wild thinking of a T5 ship being offerred
  • Options
    dave18193dave18193 Member Posts: 416 Arc User
    kyrrok wrote: »

T6 giveaway? Good luck with that one. My imagination was running wild thinking of a T5 ship being offerred

I'd be astonished as well tbh, but it never hurts to be optimistic.
    Got a cat? Have 10 minutes to help someone make the best degree dissertation of all time?

Then please fill out my dissertation survey on feline attachment, it'd be a massive help (-:

https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/87XKSGH
  • Options
    zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,764 Arc User
    The Samsar and the Nandi were both T6s, and they were basically given away.
    f5cc65bc8f3b91f963e328314df7c48d.jpg
    Sig? What sig? I don't see any sig.
  • Options
    serhatgs1905serhatgs1905 Member Posts: 100 Arc User
    tbh this is one of the things that I do appreciate a lot! it doesn't take away frustrations about different issues such as lag( I know it's being worked on).

But this is just great! I don't really focus that much on how my toons look but now and than it's fun to add in a bit of atmosphere to your ship and crew. Fleet Intell Phantom with S31 Uniforms for the crew just awesome!
    tactics? to pew pew or not to pew pew?!

• Options
    saber1973asaber1973a Member Posts: 1,224 Arc User
    T5 ship on giveaway - well it could happen, there was one giveaway, which had T5 Ambassador and the KDF Varanus (also T5)... so we can hope :) .
    Whatever we will get (if there will be ship anyway - it's not sure - there is nowhere stated that the giveaway must have a ship), i hope it will be something interesting, and it will be new for me...
  • Options
    captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User
    I wonder if they'll give away a ship interior with something that no other ship interior has? Bathrooms! Sonic bidets!
  • Options
    siriusmoonloresiriusmoonlore Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    I started playing during the 5th Anniversary event and am pleased with this , in conjunction with the CC Event
  • Options
    lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    dareau wrote: »

To the best of my knowledge, the Section 31 costume hasn't been part of a "C-store giveaway", because I've partaken of every one that I'm aware of and I just now am getting this costume...

So it must have been a livestream thing. Of course, sadly, I don't do the livestream thing, so that would explain why I don't have it yet...

Your knowledge is faulty.
  • Options
    canis36canis36 Member Posts: 737 Arc User
    urmuz1 wrote: »
    but but but.. i am a klingon :'(
    Yeah, if you want to betray the Empire and dishonor yourself by spying you should be able to wear the Section 31 Uniform with pride regardless of your stated affiliation!

Sorry, couldn't resist. I know your pain, but the Klingons and Romulans just don't have as many paid costume options as the Federation (actually they don't have as many costume options period), so if they're going to give away a costume from the Zen store 99.99999999999999999999% of the time it's going to be Federation. Sucks, but that's just how it is.

• Options
    ccs46ccs46 Member Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    Really wish they had not scheduled this at the same time as Shard maintenance. I'm locked out of the game and I have to go to work!
    Oh Murphy, thou art a heartless b**ch. (Murphy's law.)

I do agree it's not a very good time to do it.

• Options
    aerous77aerous77 Member Posts: 36 Arc User

I need the server to be up before this ends!

“The miracle is this - the more we share, the more we have.” ― Leonard Nimoy.
  • Options
    dalolorndalolorn Member Posts: 3,655 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    Two specialization points...

Oh well, at least there won't be many complaints of "Why did you favor faction X over factions Y and Z, Cryptic?!"... :neutral:

Edit: Nice, looks like it's account-wide. Here's hoping the rest of my roster can pick theirs up later... :grin:

Re-edit: On the other hand, the blog warns us to be careful which character to claim it on. I sense a communications breakdown somewhere in California...

Infinite possibilities have implications that could not be completely understood if you turned this entire universe into a giant supercomputer.p3OEBPD6HU3QI.jpg
  • Options
    undedavengerundedavenger Member Posts: 179 Arc User
    I'll never get over the fact that people can complain about a FREE GIVEAWAY.

"They should have offered this."

"It's not for my faction."

"I already have that."

"Why do't they do this at a time convenient to ME?" (Forget the other thousands of us who might be intersted)

"Why can't is be a T6 ship with Mk TRIBBLE cannons that shoot rainbows and unicorns?"

And my personal favorite: "Why are they wasting time with this instead of fixing (insert bug here)?"

I swear, the sense of entitlement in people is out of hand. Play the game or don't. You obviously need to watch Star Trek more if greed is your only motivating factor in life.

I mean, we all grump a little from time to time, and the game and developer have some flaws, but this is a pretty well-maintained game in the grand scheme of things. I've played much worse.
    Nothing breaks the tension better than a tankard of warnog - except maybe a good brawl...
  • Options
    swamarianswamarian Member Posts: 1,506 Arc User
    sov42 wrote: »
    Yeah, they HAVE given away T5, but not T6. :p

I could see them giving away a T6 that doesn't sell well and is fleetable. I did that with the Nebula giveaway and it was $5 to Cryptic that they probably wouldn't have gotten otherwise.
  • Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    so, i see the giveaway today is 2 spec points; that's generous, cryptic, VERY generous...what are you nerfing this time?
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • Options
    siriusmoonloresiriusmoonlore Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    I am having a problem with the Specialization points , it is telling me that I need to Respec now because my skills are invalid , yet they were not invalid just a few days ago when I earned my last Specilization point and I have not Respeced my character in quite some time. Hmmmmmm
This discussion has been closed.