• Options
    makocallowaymakocalloway Member Posts: 455 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    Shiny. ..but need more info.
    5rFUCPd.png

• Options
    quepanquepan Member Posts: 540 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    Finally those players that cant stand Tovan Khev on there bridge can send him away on mission hoping he gets lost on his way LOL , ( i dont mind Tovan BTW )
    though it reads like a BOFF version of the Doff system in that blog , i hold my full judgement till we get more information about it .
  • Options
    adastra1930adastra1930 Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    At least it'll make sense that we're admirals now!!
    =/\= ==================== = /\ =
    Fleet Admiral Kenna
    Producer/Host Priority One Podcast
    Twitter @adastra1930
    Per Aspera, Ad Astra
    =/\= ==================== =/\=
  • Options
    bfelczerbfelczer Member Posts: 76 Arc User
  • Options
    gameversemangameverseman Member Posts: 1,110 Arc User
    bfelczer wrote: »
    Ugh... another reputation? ffs! However, on the plus side apparently we will actually be able to explore for once. But if the Admiralty system is anything like the DoFF system than I think it's safe to say that it too wil be tedious. *sigh*
    signature.png
  • Options
    josephdridgewayjosephdridgeway Member Posts: 517 Arc User
    Brandon!?!?! Is that really you???

Anyway, that article doesn't really say any more than what was posted in the OP's blog, or on Facebook....
    Fleet Admiral Joseph D. Ridgeway
    The Armada
    Original join date: Feb 5, 2010
    Twitter: @davejl_99, & @STO_BBArmada
  • Options
    solarwraithsolarwraith Member Posts: 188 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    Some of the things that come to mind:
    • New game engine?
    • How will this affect lag?
    • How much will it cost(grind time+zen+lockbox+dil, etc)?
    • Finally, what new and exciting bugs will this introduce to the game?

Overall, I'm cautiously pessimistic.
  • Options
    bfelczerbfelczer Member Posts: 76 Arc User

Anyway, that article doesn't really say any more than what was posted in the OP's blog, or on Facebook....
    Yes lol

But it does, doesn't it? New reputation, confirming it's a DOFF like system, exploration, September, etc.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Arc User
    • New game engine?

tumblr_nng3hdxZaa1tp80nvo1_500.gif
  • Options
    davideightdavideight Member Posts: 458 Arc User
    two things: 1st: im not getting redirected to the forum topic after logging in here. thats odd. you want to participate and have to return to the entrance and walk back here.

2nd:

i really, really want to say that we DO NOT NEED ANOTHER DOFFING SYSTEM - the current one is already a nagging browsergame fulltime job, that im ignoring completely, besides turning in contraband and RD traitfarming.

please save up your workload window and just leave out that extra doffing system and concentrate on designing story, and killing bugs. PLEASE.

not another doffing game within a game.

rather make us "set up" some warp in distress calls with our own choosen ships (a customized nimbus/delta distress call so to say)

or at least: really keep it simple guys. im still not into the current doffing system after 3 years, and im playing on a daily basis.

if i want a browser game, i pick one. i want to play a startrek space game (and some like ground) but we dont need so many micro management games.

PLEASE LEAVE THAT OUT.
  • Options
    lan451lan451 Member Posts: 3,386 Arc User
    Man I'm so excited about being able to send my inactive ships out...and then have them rubberband right back to me!
    Yes, I know that they're working on the lag issues, but I've never let facts stop me from taking a cheap shot. :p
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
  • Options
    solarwraithsolarwraith Member Posts: 188 Arc User
    sov42 wrote: »
    • New game engine?

That's what I'm afraid of.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    sov42 wrote: »

That's what I'm afraid of.

That's pretty much what doing the Tholian Red Alert is like. LAG FEST.
  • Options
    oldravenman3025oldravenman3025 Member Posts: 1,892 Arc User
    So, the big-bads that have been built up as the ultimate evil for five years, had troops/ships out the TRIBBLE, and superior technology get beaten in one measly season with a handful of episodes?

The original Romulan and Cardassian arcs lasted longer that this. And they were supposedly pipsqueaks compared to the Iconians.

I guess it's time to move on to the next shiny and money generator.
  • Options
    rekurzionrekurzion Member Posts: 697 Arc User
    I for one can't wait for this Gene forsaken war to be over. Some conflict? Sure, life needs something interesting. But constant war fraught with decisions of genocide to win is something I imagine has Roddenberry turning in his grave. It is possible to tell a Star Trek story without having seasons on end of some immense conflict of world (make that galactic) domination.

And for the record oldravenman3025: your sig gif is quite disturbing in lieu of the 70 year anniversary of Hiroshima. Do what you will of course, just a statement.
  • Options
    warpedcorewarpedcore Member Posts: 362 Arc User
    I'm sorry but as far as announcements go, this is a little lack luster. How about an announcement trailer? Show us you mean business when it comes to telling a kick TRIBBLE story.
  • Options
    kozar2kozar2 Member Posts: 602 Arc User
    A doff system for unused ships. Lame!
  • Options
    trygvar13trygvar13 Member Posts: 697 Arc User
    A lot of people are complaining that the Iconian arc is too short. I have to disagree. Most of the storyline (except perhaps the original Feature Episodes) was related to the Iconians. The Undine had infiltred the Alpha and Beta Quadrant because they thought we were responsible. We beat all of the Iconians' servitor races. We beat the Queen. What is left? The Circle is Broken. It is time for something new. My only concern is that it will Fedcentric. My mains are Klingons and Klingon aligned Romulans. The blue side is not appealing to me.

I have been waiting for a Cardassian faction for a long time. I hope that New Dawn will take them into account. I am excited about it however. And it's coming in September!
    Dahar Master Qor'aS
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    The planet in the New Dawn poster reminds me of the one in Star Trek V where the entity was trapped.
    Dahar Master Qor'aS
  • Options
    thegrandnagus1thegrandnagus1 Member Posts: 5,165 Arc User
    I'm not really a fan of "announcements of announcements", which is what this reads like, but I understand PR and look forward to reading the actual details in the future :)

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • Options
    Traveler? Pls tell me he's THE Traveler.

I was also thinking of the Traveler. Or Wesley Crusher. Or the part of James Kirk that is still in the Nexus. Or agent Daniels. Or Captain Braxton. Or V'Ger. Or Benjamin Sisko. Or...
    Dahar Master Qor'aS
  • Options
    tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    so a doff system with our old ships...
  • Options
    josephdridgewayjosephdridgeway Member Posts: 517 Arc User

Yes lol

But it does, doesn't it? New reputation, confirming it's a DOFF like system, exploration, September, etc.

Ok, twist my arm. Yes, it does. But, it could have been a bit more elaborate, you know? I guess, when I saw your name, I was hoping for a lot more info... you know, like it used to be when you were the community rep... remember then???
    Fleet Admiral Joseph D. Ridgeway
    The Armada
    Original join date: Feb 5, 2010
    Twitter: @davejl_99, & @STO_BBArmada
  • Options
    dragnridrdragnridr Member Posts: 671 Arc User
    Ummm....more boring doffing, but with our older ships.....yay..I'll pass. I never liked doffing in the first place. I'm the type of person that likes to get in there with the grunts and do the missions. Plus, I have my older ships specialized for certain enemies.
  • Options
    salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    This sounds awesome! Looks like the story will be exploration/archaeology based! YES!!!
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • Options
    dado75dado75 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    So Season 11 is PVP dedicated season like you people from Cryptic promised (once upon a time).
    My parents taught me not to lie.
    Greetings from Za-Gor :D
  • Options
    Captain AmahinoCaptain Amahino Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    To quote a great Captain upon the installation of seat belts in his Captain's chair, "It's about damn time." The admiralty system at last, and a new dawn of exploration. It's gonna take some reacclimation....it's been a long time since we were explorers.

And Brandon...good to see you Flakes.
    So, the big-bads that have been built up as the ultimate evil for five years, had troops/ships out the TRIBBLE, and superior technology get beaten in one measly season with a handful of episodes?

The original Romulan and Cardassian arcs lasted longer that this. And they were supposedly pipsqueaks compared to the Iconians.

I guess it's time to move on to the next shiny and money generator.

I must agree with trygvar13.

Considering that the Iconians were behind the Undine attacks, the only major parts of this story that didn't concern them indirectly were the Borg attacks and the Tholians. It's natural that once we take them on head to head.

And considering what happened in that last mission, a prolonged war with them is suicidal. We're losing...badly. If it goes longer we're just going to get annihilated. This is not the type of opponent you do a marathon war with.

Me personally though I'd exhaust my supply of red matter bombs and attempts to Trilithium torpedo the star in the Andromeda Sphere before I resort to a Temporal Incursion though.
  • Options
    cmdrscarletcmdrscarlet Member Posts: 5,137 Arc User
  • Options
    themetalstickmanthemetalstickman Member Posts: 1,010 Arc User
    The pessimism is strong with this place....​​
    Og12TbC.jpg

Your father was captain of a starship for twelve minutes. He saved 800 lives, including your mother's, and yours.

I dare you to do better.
  • Options
    bernatkbernatk Member Posts: 1,089 Bug Hunter
    tigeraries wrote: »
    so a doff system with our old ships...

Well well, look what we have here.... lemme guess this means contraband for feds?
    aaahhhhh need moar info!!!
    Tck7dQ2.jpg
    Dahar Master Mary Sue                                               Fleet Admiral Bloody Mary