test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Bug Hunt Elite Now Impossible to complete

Comments

• jam3s1701jam3s1701 Member Posts: 1,825 Arc User
    scarling wrote: »
    maybe the people having so much trouble with this, don't belong in the elite que? or maybe people will start bringing sci's to the mix instead of a tac all the time?

I've been playing elite for a very long time way before the new levels etc with my tac and eng, yes there is logic with trying a Sci but this still doesn't negate the fact this condition is not doable with 80% of the player base in pugs

also I do not want to have roll another toon just to be able to achieve what two days ago I could with no problems.
    JtaDmwW.png
  • paxdawnpaxdawn Member Posts: 767 Arc User
    jam3s1701 wrote: »
    Although I understand where you're coming from sometimes getting a group together of fellow fleet members etc is not always possible.

So with this new condition it has made this map very unlikely to be achieved in pug groups.

It is still possible in PuG runs. The condition for carrying PuGs is just higher. I mean it is a team game, why do you want carrying be any easier.
    I've been playing elite for a very long time way before the new levels etc with my tac and eng, yes there is logic with trying a Sci but this still doesn't negate the fact this condition is not doable with 80% of the player base in pugs

also I do not want to have roll another toon just to be able to achieve what two days ago I could with no problems.

Why should majority of the PuGs complete an elite queue without the team having the capabilities to complete it?

Tacs and Eng can carry and finish it. For tac is sufficient burst DPS. For Eng you have more options. Heal while killing or Burst DPS.

The key word before and then, its is harder to carry.
  • uglydiseaseuglydisease Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    maybe the people having so much trouble with this, don't belong in the elite que? or maybe people will start bringing sci's to the mix instead of a tac all the time?
    That would be fine if the pve would put you in mixed teams instead of random ones. You have no control over it! so no that's not a realistic solution.

• paxdawnpaxdawn Member Posts: 767 Arc User
    That would be fine if the pve would put you in mixed teams instead of random ones. You have no control over it! so no that's not a realistic solution.

Those are realistic choices but players refuse to make those choices. You go do PuG, expect yourself to be carrying the whole team which includes DPS, aggroing and healing. Otherwise find a group of people who can complete without you changing your gamestyle wherein contributions by each player are equally divided.

By the way, one doesnt need to bring Sci to complete a PuG BHE.
  • sqwishedsqwished Member Posts: 1,475 Bug Hunter
    edited July 2015
    So your saying it's an attempt by Cryptic to reintroduce the fabled trinity back into STO? Dps, Tank & Healer, if thats the case then it's a noble sentiment, although sadly to late. Especially since Cryptic's motto seems to be "more power" and as people know power creep sells.

But like I said before, get rid of the NPC, well lets face it, it's AI is akin to a cave man anyway, it really doesn't serve any purpose other than artificiality prolong the mission and almost seems suicidal at times. Give his roll to the players but make it so all the charges have to be set before the mission can be completed, either that or rework the AI so it's better than what it is. Hell if they go down that route why stop with BHE they could actually make some of the other AI's more interesting instead of rolling damage sponges like they did when Elite went to Advanced.
    Oh, it's not broken? We can soon fix that!

• azurealli4nceazurealli4nce Member Posts: 80 Arc User
    Fixes needed to make the game match what the patch notes say. I feel the pain of the pugs trying to do BHE.
    DPS-Bronze, DPS-Silver, DPS-Gold, etc. are FAKE! They were created by an outvoted minority who destroyed the original DPS channels!

Tactical Team sucked, once upon a time. I got it buffed. Don't think for a minute that Cryptic ignores forum feedback.
  • wanetreewanetree Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    I wouldn't say that it's impossible now just it will randomly fail because of a stupid NPC that you have no control over.

It's going to happen to players of all skill levels, the difficulty hasn't been increased the mission is now just more annoying.

For me with the length of the mission already it's not worth playing. It's a shame it was fun.

So way to go devs just what the game needs another dead queue.
  • woodwhitywoodwhity Member Posts: 2,636 Arc User

The devs said, Elite isnt for pugs. It just seems they tweaked it so their comment is more likely to be correct. Albeit one can still do it in a pug.
    You also dont need a new toon. You can still do BHE with 100% success with friends, fleet, dpschans etc. etc.

You dont need a fixed setup. 5 tacs can do it. 5 scis can do it. And 5 engs can do it. And all combinations can do it. Playerclass is not relevant, playerskill is the only important thing.
  • orionburstorionburst Member Posts: 67 Arc User
    Looks like they spruced up some of the non stfs too...sb24 now has voquv dreads, fish ships and even a gw spitting varanus or two...​​
    344qvwl.jpg

I'm an Arc user? Yeah, right..I'd rather eat a chainsaw, blade first
  • rakija879rakija879 Member Posts: 646 Arc User
    Why say that the elites will remain the same, and then change them anyway?
  • foxrockssocksfoxrockssocks Member Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    Why don't people who think they are elite actually share the knowledge and tactics used to complete this new, I mean, unchanged, objective rather than these useless posts?
    rob2485 wrote: »
    stuart1965 wrote: »
    I noticed Bug Hunt Elite has now changed. When fighting the spawnmother, you have to protect Vandervior too.
    That is Impossible. It can not be done. Cryptic you have spoiled the fun on this one. shame.

Well, I ran the new bug hunt yesterday and I can tell you it is not impossible. IF you are pugging that is a different story as a lot of pug groups cant do the content in game due to inexperience or lack of gear. The group I was in is the elite group in my fleet that runs ground content everyday. We steamrolled the mission even with the new requirement it was not difficult. Engineers are however required because you have to drop a shield generator or medical generator to heal vandervoir.

See this is someone trying to impart knowledge. However I'm at a loss here, because I took my engineer through, dropped my generators on him when I saw he was interested only in standing around and getting mobbed, but of course they died before he did, and long before I could place new ones down.

STO eng captains and especially the sci captains are not the most sharing bunch with their heals .
    And it's quite possible if you pug anything that you will end up in a team with let's say 5 tac.
    What then?
  • kittyflofykittyflofy Member Posts: 1,004 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    People who play this game is used to do things without even the most minimum effort. I get that. Now , that things are how they are supossed to be in Elite, at least in 1 queue, people start complaining. Unbelievable. For god sake guys go to play mario bross.
    So with this new condition it has made this map very unlikely to be achieved in pug groups.

Im tired of successfully doing this queue in Elite with pugs. Again, in the moment players need to think more than usual.. oh noooo, this is impossible!!! lolz.

edited July 2015
    rakija879 wrote: »
    STO eng captains and especially the sci captains are not the most sharing bunch with their heals .
    And it's quite possible if you pug anything that you will end up in a team with let's say 5 tac.
    What then?

Kill the queen fast? And use your AoE-Skills to draw aggro so all the acid-spitters shoot you? The only thing you need to kill is the group of 4 Delvers who are instantly going against Delveer.

That shouldnt be so hard, now? Already done that twice in pugs. He cant die if nothing attacks him.
    See this is someone trying to impart knowledge. However I'm at a loss here, because I took my engineer through, dropped my generators on him when I saw he was interested only in standing around and getting mobbed, but of course they died before he did, and long before I could place new ones down.

Just place them down, lay some mines and a cover shield for delvers and get out there, use some AoE to draw aggro from the spitters and at this point, you (or a teammate) should have most NPCs under aggro-control. Then of course you should stay from him IF he doesnt need saving, since, well, figures: If you have aggro, they will use their AoE on you and if he is standing beside you...

The last part is pretty easy: Aggro-control and DPS.
    edited July 2015
    With that kind of tactic you could also do UIE, but thats more easy beacause they come in waves you can deal with them in a narrow space. Also alot of dmg and a cover shield are good things to have.

You must know that Vanderveer is shooting as well and drawing aggro making it hard to do without a proper babysitter.
    In theory its always easy, but in reality its to much like hive ground to me.
    edited July 2015
    rakija879 wrote: »
    With that kind of tactic you could also do UIE, but thats more easy beacause they come in waves you can deal with them in a narrow space. Also alot of dmg and a cover shield are good things to have.

You must know that Vanderveer is shooting as well and drawing aggro making it hard to do without a proper babysitter.
    In theory its always easy, but in reality its to much like hive ground to me.

Already did it in practical application multiple times. You need to stay more alert than before, but aside from that...
  • djonshenaradjonshenara Member Posts: 53 Bug Hunter
    I noticed Bug Hunt Elite has now changed. When fighting the spawnmother, you have to protect Vandervior too.
    That is Impossible. It can not be done. Cryptic you have spoiled the fun on this one. shame.

If you had ever tried getting the objectives in the past. you would know that protecting Vanderveer is necessary. An engi or sci can keep him healthy enough to easily complete. Want really tough? Try to use the 5 minutes and have him plant the bombs. We've gotten to m3 before but never made all 4.
  • gradiigradii Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    paxdawn wrote: »
    gradii wrote: »
    This mission is Far too Difficult now on a pug. Its become a co-ordinated mission like Brotherhood of the sword.

GOOD!!!! We need more content that requires teamwork and co-ordination! It's an MMO!!!!

That would be laughable if not for the new armada system, which may actually help said premade teams become less stupidly difficult to form.

You dont need premades to complete BHE nor to achieve teamwork.

BHE? no you just need the right combo of builds, which isn't hard to get in a random PUG, and some effort on the part of the team.

I was referring to your other comment.

I brought my engineer and kept dropping those nifty survival machines engineers have. Tac? why Tac when you can vanquish your enemies while waving a MANUAL SCREWDRIVER!

"He shall be my finest warrior, this generic man who was forced upon me.
    Like a badass I shall make him look, and in the furnace of war I shall forge him.
    he shall be of iron will and steely sinew.
    In great armour I shall clad him and with the mightiest weapons he shall be armed.
    He will be untouched by plague or disease; no sickness shall blight him.
    He shall have such tactics, strategies and machines that no foe will best him in battle.
    He is my answer to cryptic logic, he is the Defender of my Romulan Crew.
    He is Tovan Khev... and he shall know no fear."
  • sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    hmm, maybe I'll check it out once now that summer break is over. I run all the ground elites with my superawesome kitty engineer. I had tired of Bug Hunt though and I doubt this will inspire much further play with it. The elite is way drawn out compared to advanced and not worth it IMO.

Does he have to set his charges as well? If so, does he do it faster than before??
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• sqwishedsqwished Member Posts: 1,475 Bug Hunter

Does he have to set his charges as well? If so, does he do it faster than before??

No he doesn't have to set his charges, he just needs to be kept alive long enough to survive the onslaught whilst the group kill the spawn mother.
    Oh, it's not broken? We can soon fix that!

Trinity is better when its a polygon with a number of sides to be defined by player choices.

Like a badass I shall make him look, and in the furnace of war I shall forge him.
    In great armour I shall clad him and with the mightiest weapons he shall be armed.
    He shall have such tactics, strategies and machines that no foe will best him in battle.
    edited July 2015
    deokkent wrote: »
    Lol look what happens when everyone can't move from the DPS zergin mindset. Learn to adapt, learn to bring heals.

They thought they were so good with their 1K ground dps lmao.

BTW, I realize that NPC has TRIBBLE AI and gets itself into suicidal situations. Well, bring a good healer to keep it alive (if you can't heal it you no good OK?).

Typical misguided and misinformed pvp-player ranting...

I hate to disappoint you, but most with >400 dps wont have any problems here. Not even with coming up with additional strategies.
    Its the same as most >50k players will be able to adapt instantly to a new situation in space.

And not to mention, you can still give her a nice No-Holds-Barred Beatdown and VanDerveer wont even have to loose a single HP ;)

• foxrockssocksfoxrockssocks Member Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    deokkent wrote: »
    However I'm at a loss here, because I took my engineer through, dropped my generators on him when I saw he was interested only in standing around and getting mobbed, but of course they died before he did, and long before I could place new ones down.

The reason for this is because you are playing an elite queue with disorganized teams. Probably don't even know how to shoot. Probably 2 or 3 teammates are expecting to be carried. Coordination and teamworking should be expected in higher difficulty.

Elite missions shouldn't be easily accessible anyway.

Don't give me that BS. When I place the gens and they explode seconds later because of the crazy aggro they instantly generate, there is nothing I or my team can do about that. Someone else has to keep him alive because my generators are never alive in that battle. I expected as much from previous experience, and nothing has changed. So after another few runs, I've determined it isn't worth the hassle for my engineer and far, far easier on a sci.
  • thatcursedwolfthatcursedwolf Member Posts: 1,617 Arc User
    Trinity is better when its a polygon with a number of sides to be defined by player choices.

It's just as silly, if not more, in PnP games. Generally the ones in the lightest armor are the ones you would take out first.

A tin can with a knife hurling insults about your parentage shouldn't change that order. The ones that can call meteors down on you with the a flick of the wrist or the ones that make people all better by saying some nice words get put down first.
    This is my Risian Corvette. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

It's just as silly, if not more, in PnP games. Generally the ones in the lightest armor are the ones you would take out first.

A tin can with a knife hurling insults about your parentage shouldn't change that order. The ones that can call meteors down on you with the a flick of the wrist or the ones that make people all better by saying some nice words get put down first.

That's why I never want to see a battle with the actual Doctor Destroyer in CO.

If they did it RIGHT? it would be hated on to no end. Because Destroyer isn't an idiot. he's a GENIUS.

This discussion has been closed.