test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Bug Hunt Elite Now Impossible to complete

Comments

• simeion1simeion1 Member Posts: 898 Arc User
    kittyflofy wrote: »
    Lol, just completed it 3 times in a row. Really easy. Just protect him with shield generators, medical generators and so on. The problem is if you dont have any engineer with you.

Wait, this is not how DPS works, are we talking about the same game. If it is not a team of five tacs, then you are doing something wrong.

Truly, if you have to think and work together as a team more I support change. Have a tacs run draw fire and keep a healer on him.

320x240.jpg
  • mosul33mosul33 Member Posts: 836 Arc User
    Im tired of successfully doing this queue in Elite with pugs. Again, in the moment players need to think more than usual.. oh noooo, this is impossible!!! lolz.

Then... dunno stop doing this queue if you are tired? Really, dont play it if you are tired.
    I for one was enjoying this till some brain-less designer thought this was a good idea...
    This just screws ppl even more into specialized builds/kits, leaving even less room for making a balanced build. For tacs u have to go into moar DPS stupidity and forget modules that helps ur team, since the NPC doesnt get any team buffs/heals. On sci forget going a bit offensive, now have to stack up heals for an idiot NPC.
    Changes like this are really lame, ground starts to look more like space where no fun builds are allowed :(
    stuart1965 wrote: »
    I noticed Bug Hunt Elite has now changed. When fighting the spawnmother, you have to protect Vandervior too.
    That is Impossible. It can not be done. Cryptic you have spoiled the fun on this one. shame.

It can be done, it is much harder in public Q, although certain AH's here will tell you it's just sooooooooo easy...but I wont name names

Makes me wonder if these AHs that posted in here defending this TRIBBLE and sneaky low change are not some of the devs on alts accounts, even the ones that were responsable for this TRIBBLE change, as seening that in 2-3 days there wasnt any comment on Cryptic side about it. Well... they can take their pos of a "challange" and shove it. This is beyond bad design, its stupid design.
  • woodwhitywoodwhity Member Posts: 2,636 Arc User
    deokkent wrote: »
    However I'm at a loss here, because I took my engineer through, dropped my generators on him when I saw he was interested only in standing around and getting mobbed, but of course they died before he did, and long before I could place new ones down.

The reason for this is because you are playing an elite queue with disorganized teams. Probably don't even know how to shoot. Probably 2 or 3 teammates are expecting to be carried. Coordination and teamworking should be expected in higher difficulty.

Still, even with the change I havent failed more than 10% of my Pug-runs. Cant be that bad. And in -say- a week, the players will have adapted. Or left the queue. Similar to how Brotherhood of the Sword Elite now fails less than 5% in a Pug-Run.

Elite missions shouldn't be easily accessible anyway.

Don't give me that BS. When I place the gens and they explode seconds later because of the crazy aggro they instantly generate, there is nothing I or my team can do about that. Someone else has to keep him alive because my generators are never alive in that battle. I expected as much from previous experience, and nothing has changed. So after another few runs, I've determined it isn't worth the hassle for my engineer and far, far easier on a sci.

Well, then adapt you tactics. Being an engineer doesnt necessarily mean you have to heal/protect him. If you cant set the gens -whatever the reason may be- You can just lay a minefield for the delverspawn (that one HAS to die) and then blow up the queen.
    Engineers are after all the kings on ground. Stand alone, they can even out-dps tacs. And if they make the right calls, they can even come out of top in a team of four tacs (where, mechanic-wise, tacs have the upper hand for doing more dps due to their skills being more amplifyable (especially with Self-Aiming buffs like Ambush and Bend trajectory)).
  • gradiigradii Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    Well, then adapt you tactics. Being an engineer doesnt necessarily mean you have to heal/protect him. If you cant set the gens -whatever the reason may be- You can just lay a minefield for the delverspawn (that one HAS to die) and then blow up the queen.
    Engineers are after all the kings on ground. Stand alone, they can even out-dps tacs. And if they make the right calls, they can even come out of top in a team of four tacs (where, mechanic-wise, tacs have the upper hand for doing more dps due to their skills being more amplifyable (especially with Self-Aiming buffs like Ambush and Bend trajectory)).

My engineer has pulled aggro from tac officers many times in queues with her damage or with SOMETHING. I dunno, I don't use threat management skill. But I end up tanking a good bit (which I don't mind, especially with my new ground set and dyson abilities, I'm super durable.

"He shall be my finest warrior, this generic man who was forced upon me.
    Like a badass I shall make him look, and in the furnace of war I shall forge him.
    he shall be of iron will and steely sinew.
    In great armour I shall clad him and with the mightiest weapons he shall be armed.
    He will be untouched by plague or disease; no sickness shall blight him.
    He shall have such tactics, strategies and machines that no foe will best him in battle.
    He is my answer to cryptic logic, he is the Defender of my Romulan Crew.
    He is Tovan Khev... and he shall know no fear."
  • paxdawnpaxdawn Member Posts: 767 Arc User
    i have no problem with pug run when i play witt mi science guy but when you play tac and other 4 are tac,mostly is fail..Here we have problem,now you need like in other mmos right crew,you cant heal like in other games but with right setup,this mission on elite is not a problem,bigger problem is dps mind set,now pew,pew is changed,so many people are lost..Which again is cryptic fault.mi opinion cryptic dont really know what direction this game needs to go..so there you have another experiment..

Mostly something to do with the mindset of believing they can pewpew everything when they dont even have the DPS to kill Spawnmother fast enough.

Players feeling they belong at elite but dont belong at elite.

Because if the team has the DPS to do it or at least one player has met the requirement of burst DPS, the Spawnmother would be dead pretty fast without the need to heal the LT NPC.
  • sqwishedsqwished Member Posts: 1,475 Bug Hunter
    paxdawn wrote: »
    Players feeling they belong at elite but dont belong at elite.

My personal feelings towards you aside for the moment, I'm forced to agree with this statement entirely. I see people in the advanced queue's that really shouldn't be there just end up being carried through by the rest of team which in advanced is possible. But Elite that's a whole new ball game it requires people to think about what and how they're doing it. At least with certain groups your safe in the knowledge that either A/ they have enough dps to steam roll everything on the and they know how the mission is supposed to work (and yes I'm referring to the three individuals that couldn't stop a probe from entering the gate in KSA yesterday) or B/ actually know how use crowd control and other abilities available to them, in order to progress the mission to a successful conclusion.

One classic example is, Player A will throw a gravity well on a bunch of targets, then player B comes along in a flanking position and decides to use TBR's to push the targets clear of the Grav well. I still see people getting lost in Khitomer ground, or those that still don't know where the trigger lines are in Infected ground, the list goes on.

But like I said before in my earlier posts, I think they should do away with the NPC altogether and give one of the team his job as in Cure ground when planting the charges around the turrets. Then rework the fail conditions into something else. I mean there's already a timer before the hive evacuates so tweak that a bit.
    Oh, it's not broken? We can soon fix that!

• ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,572 Arc User
    paxdawn wrote: »
    scarling wrote: »
    maybe the people having so much trouble with this, don't belong in the elite que? or maybe people will start bringing sci's to the mix instead of a tac all the time?
    That would be fine if the pve would put you in mixed teams instead of random ones. You have no control over it! so no that's not a realistic solution.

Those are realistic choices but players refuse to make those choices. You go do PuG, expect yourself to be carrying the whole team which includes DPS, aggroing and healing. Otherwise find a group of people who can complete without you changing your gamestyle wherein contributions by each player are equally divided.

By the way, one doesnt need to bring Sci to complete a PuG BHE.

'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,572 Arc User
    Lord of the Rings Online about three years ago instituted Random PVE Queues. What they did for those included a 'Role' selection that you needed to answer before the Queue would start. Based upon your characters class you were presented with a Selection of 'Damage', 'Heal', or 'Tank'; and only those appropriate to your Class. Unless Al three Roles were fulfilled you couldn't start the Queue. You may have needed someone else to substitute to do so.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • pweistheworstpweistheworst Member Posts: 986 Arc User
    The simple fact is that this queue now REQUIRES at least one eng with medical generators and shield generators or one sci player with amazing healing abilities.

That is why the devs either need to make it so that it's impossible to start a queue with only tac players or the devs need to change the requirement to protect that NPC planting the bombs ... or simply make it easier for tacs to protect him.

As at least one other person has said here, there are plenty of pug queues where everyone is a tac ... and if that happens now on Bug Hunt Elite then there is no way you're going to complete the mission without magical voodoo skills.

There is a difference between challenging content and content that is just unbalanced to the point of being legitimately impossible for certain teams of players (like a team of all tacs).
    In the immortal words of Captain Sisko: "It may not be what you believe, but that doesn't make it wrong."

Don't believe the lies in this forum. I am NOT an ARC user. I play STO on Steam or not at all.
    The simple fact is that this queue now REQUIRES at least one eng with medical generators and shield generators or one sci player with amazing healing abilities

Wrong ;)
    If 5 tactical players cant work together to finish the matter (Working together in this case can be simplified as "Using their buffs and skills" -which can be too much for some players, had a team with 4 tacs and not strike team or tactical initiative were running), they dont belong in Elite. Period. They are just too unskilled or unprepared or to sum it up, too bad for Elite.
    edited July 2015
    Just finished a fourth attempt at pure Tac team in BHE which was a private queue of 5 members. We are all medium high dps-ers (330-480 dps on BHE), have full commando spec tree and mixed various levels of intel and commando spec tree as primary. With all the buffs and healing Lt. Whathisface with Medical Nanite cloud, we failed 3/4 because even with draw fire we couldn't keep aggro away from him. So no, you can't finish the queue anymore unless special conditions are met such as a good sci or good engineering career player are in the the team.

Just wrong. But you only thought about DPS. Sure, you will draw aggro with draw fire, but that only works on things you hit. So you have to make sure that you are also firing on the ravangers (or get them with an AoE-Ability).

If you are close enough for medical cloud than chances are you were close enough for the AoE-Splashes, which were aimed for you, to hit the NPC too, negating your whole healing and ridiculing your aggroing-attempts. You need to stay moving, mob the floor with the queen, but stay alert ("Look") on the NPC, so the delvers wont try to feed at him and if necessary clear them seperately from your AoE-Attemps (if they still live). But stay out of the Splash-Zone, else it happens like I said: You will get him killed even if he isnt the primary target.

That said, with five players with >330 sustained dps (DPS channel settings) there shouldnt be a problem butchering the queen in 10-15sec considering the possible spikedamage. In this time, the NPC wont even lose a quarter of his health, even if left alone. Either you werent entirely trustworthy on this part or you tactics really went awry.

P.S.: I mean, look at that readout: Me (328) Pug1(270) Pug2(154) Pug2(152) Pug2(99) sustained DPS (DPS chan settings), not really a high dps team, the spawnmother lived 53 seconds, and the NPC got healed for 4k over the whole encounter (with all passives working, so not much left of it specifically for the last encounter).

Or, more like you described: Me(460) P1(202) P2(201) P3(183) P4(160), a moderatly good team, the Spawnmother lived a nifty 36 seconds, the NPC was healed for 1.6k over the whole encounter, mostly by me with my Rally cry. Now, just looking at the last battle, he was healed for exactly 641 HP. 60% was me with Rally cry. That means the direct healing was -if it even existed- less than 40%. And he has more HP than what was actually healed.

Where exactly is the problem then, with a full tac team, to finish the mission? If he team with little more than 1.2k sustained dps (not even a high dps team, a medium dps team at best) can do it without an dedicated healer?

Maybe you are just not as "elite" or skilled as you might have thought. Reality is a harsh teacher, but maybe you can work on you and get the lesson learned.
  • paxdawnpaxdawn Member Posts: 767 Arc User
    Just finished a fourth attempt at pure Tac team in BHE which was a private queue of 5 members. We are all medium high dps-ers (330-480 dps on BHE), have full commando spec tree and mixed various levels of intel and commando spec tree as primary. With all the buffs and healing Lt. Whathisface with Medical Nanite cloud, we failed 3/4 because even with draw fire we couldn't keep aggro away from him. So no, you can't finish the queue anymore unless special conditions are met such as a good sci or good engineering career player are in the the team. Either remove the BHE from public queues and make it a private queue only or make it the way it was until you figure it out, because this is bugged content as it is now.

I don't personally need this stupid queue in my life, never really needed it because delta gear sucks after all the nerfs and i'm fine doing advanced for the modest delta marks i get daily but all of you cryptic-is-righteous-fanboys are wrong in supporting this one, the queue was boring and tiresome enough before and this optional-mandatory now added is just plain contempt towards those who think they NEED to grind the elite variant of this queue.

And pushing elite players to lock themselves behind private matches is a long term disaster for a game that bases everything on insanity-level grind model, you cryptic fellas need to rethink your logic while people are still willing to put up with your experiments.

Only if the reality is that elite players cannot do it in pugs. But elite players can do pugs or even carry PuGs. the question would be if you or the team belongs at elite.

With regards to Dps, assuming you won't heal, what you want is burst Dps at spawnmother that will kill the spawnmother in less than 30 secs which is different from your sustained 400 Dps for whole bhe for each member.
  • foxrockssocksfoxrockssocks Member Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    gradii wrote: »
    Don't give me that BS. When I place the gens and they explode seconds later because of the crazy aggro they instantly generate, there is nothing I or my team can do about that. Someone else has to keep him alive because my generators are never alive in that battle. I expected as much from previous experience, and nothing has changed. So after another few runs, I've determined it isn't worth the hassle for my engineer and far, far easier on a sci.

My gens don't instantly explode. My engineer does fine.

Have you tried using nanomollecular architect trait, and drawing the aggro from the generator to yourself with strong AoE or using mines?

The delvers ignore anything but Lt Vandertard, it is the ravagers that suddenly decide to launch 3-4 spitballs at them and instantly destroy them that I can't do anything about. And if they aren't spitting at the gens they are spitting at me which makes even placing gens or mines around him a very risky thing. AOE is naturally worthless against the ravagers. It isn't even remotely realistic to get aggro on all of them before needing to place gens.

And yes I've tried different things, and of course I have that trait, as little as it does. Ice bomb from the winter, chroniton mines, orbital strike, it thins out the delvers well, but he still needs healing, and dropping down my generators I need pure luck that I or they won't get spammed by spit.

Like I said it is far easier on a sci that can heal him directly with no need to stand near him.
  • denniskr87denniskr87 Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    My a*s is "all about tactics", it's all about burst DPS, and killing spawnmother inside 30sec...
    denniskr87 wrote: »
    My a*s is "all about tactics", it's all about burst DPS, and killing spawnmother inside 30sec...

Either or. You can do that OR actually protect the guy with a medic while the others handle the spawnmother.
    y'know, Teamwork?

Like a badass I shall make him look, and in the furnace of war I shall forge him.
    In great armour I shall clad him and with the mightiest weapons he shall be armed.
    He shall have such tactics, strategies and machines that no foe will best him in battle.
  • kittyflofykittyflofy Member Posts: 1,004 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    deokkent wrote: »
    simeion1 wrote: »
    Lol, just completed it 3 times in a row. Really easy. Just protect him with shield generators, medical generators and so on. The problem is if you dont have any engineer with you.

Wait, this is not how DPS works, are we talking about the same game. If it is not a team of five tacs, then you are doing something wrong.

Truly, if you have to think and work together as a team more I support change. Have a tacs run draw fire and keep a healer on him.

I am very unsure why people are always so allergic to tactics. Isn't that how games are supposed to work? How can it feel good to always play at god mode? Why should an elite queue be a walk in the park?

What is the reason it's called elite?

I just felt off my chair reading it lol. So, apparently for some guys to press buttons without stop while they are watching tv is their way of having fun. I also thought that videogames were intended to test your abilities, skills, reaction reflexes and so on, so you can feel proud of yourself because you are a "good" player.

Apparently this guy must be one of the worst players in almost every single videogame...
  • denniskr87denniskr87 Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    gradii wrote: »
    denniskr87 wrote: »

Either or. You can do that OR actually protect the guy with a medic while the others handle the spawnmother.
    y'know, Teamwork?

Killing spawnmother inside 30sec is TEAMWORK, you cant do that all by yourself... healing NPC only prolonging that 30sec, and that you need only when one player in your team, dont have sufficient DPS... It's really all about DPS...
    Post edited by denniskr87 on
    Three out of five replaced selfish kit modules for team buff ones and yes, now it's totally possible to finish every time within 25 seconds of landing in the spawnmother's pit.

So the solution is teamwork? How surprising...
  • rakija879rakija879 Member Posts: 646 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    Last night I tried doing it with my tac and it failed because Vandervior died too soon.

Later, I tried doing it with my sci and healing him and again fail, because the team didn't have enough dmg, or did focus fire. I don't know for sure too much spam.

Sorry, but I don't have a dream team available to me to do ground. People from the Dps channels tend to be even worse than random pugs.

This little change they increased the difficulty dramatically, I just hope BHE doesn't end up like IGA.
  • stuart1965stuart1965 Member Posts: 691 Arc User
    I finally figured it out at last Yay!!!!. several wins in a row.
  • willamsheridanwillamsheridan Member Posts: 1,189 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    I play it severl a times per day and now i notice the change. Some times we win, some times we loose (i never lost before, not even with Mk XII gear). Usually we loose because Lt. VanDerveer seems to be a bit suicidal. He is running directly in the middle of a bug mob or creates aggro so the big bugs attack him. And my Generators don't survive long if they attack them with their spit bombs. So unless we have a Sci player who is really busy healing him, the chance of loosing is pretty high, even in a good Team.. Its just annyoying, you place a Med Generator at his position and he runs away directly to the next bug group.

If they can't make his AI smarter then they should make the mission as it was. Because the result of the change is another almost empty queue

And btw, about the queues: Why is no one playing "Manus"? the Advanced Changes are working, everything is optional again
    Post edited by willamsheridan on
  • ilithynilithyn Member Posts: 903 Arc User
    And btw, abuot the queues: Why is no one playing "Manus"? the Advanced Changes are working, everything is optional again

Maybe because no one bothered to check it. I'll definitely see if I can find someone to queue with.
    Logic is the beginning of wisdom, not the end of it.
  • peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    annyoying

I think this word there describes the whole change to this map best.
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
    And btw, abuot the queues: Why is no one playing "Manus"? the Advanced Changes are working, everything is optional again

Time/reward is low compared to other queues. Not to mention that you can still get stuck in the last team with a (very) bad team.

• stuart1965stuart1965 Member Posts: 691 Arc User
    Just pulled off a miracle. Got a win. all team were Tactical toons. no engineers or science toons. amazing. rare indeed.
  • willamsheridanwillamsheridan Member Posts: 1,189 Arc User
    woodwhity wrote: »

Time/reward is low compared to other queues. Not to mention that you can still get stuck in the last team with a (very) bad team.

i think its still higher than other queues. Borg missions usually are. Khitomer in Stasis gives twice as much as Brotherhood of the Sword with all optionals. But i haen't checked the rewards for Manus, i just accept them.

Yes you can get stuck in the last room, usually if people don't realize that you need 3 players to deactivate the shields and upload the virus for each power node..

But at leastyou don't have some weird Lieutenant with you who constantly begs to get shot at.

I really want an option to knock him unconscious, hide him behind some rocks and just complete the mission without him. We don't need him to blow up rocks, Phasers can disintegrate them.

i think its still higher than other queues. Borg missions usually are. Khitomer in Stasis gives twice as much as Brotherhood of the Sword with all optionals. But i haen't checked the rewards for Manus, i just accept them.

But takes more than twice the time of BSA ;) And even more than twice of BSE, which gives far more rewards. Same with NTTE,DRSE and even BHE. Hell, even HGE doesnt take longer and gives more.
  • kittyflofykittyflofy Member Posts: 1,004 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    If they can't make his AI smarter then they should make the mission as it was. Because the result of the change is another almost empty queue

By now you should know that cryptic is unable to improve the AI. That is not an excuse anymore. The whole point of the change is to make players to "WORK" a little harder to complete it. I mean, if u guys dont get that, and you cant manage to have fun at the same time you think a little more.. seriously, why not just a button "just give me the rewards"?.

Its ironic that a lot of players ask for harder stfs, and then we have here a clear example that people really dont want things harder. Typical.. and they wonder why cryptic cant make things right... lol..

edited July 2015
    I managed this in a pug on my romulan tac by rotating team dps buffs with fire on my mark, and my own significant plasma ground damage+motivation skill helped.

There were no Science officers present.

• risian4risian4 Member Posts: 3,711 Arc User
    And btw, about the queues: Why is no one playing "Manus"? the Advanced Changes are working, everything is optional again

I'm not playing it cause the weapons modulator trait bug hasn't been fixed (yet, just saw a post that they're aware of the issue). Playing borg ground missions is kinda annoying when you have to remodulate your weapons before the 3-piece bonus remodulator comes off cooldown...

As soon as it's fixed, it'll be the first mission I'll be playing again though :)

This discussion has been closed.