test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Bug Hunt Elite Now Impossible to complete

I noticed Bug Hunt Elite has now changed. When fighting the spawnmother, you have to protect Vandervior too.
That is Impossible. It can not be done. Cryptic you have spoiled the fun on this one. shame.

Comments

• gradiigradii Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    I just completed it a few minutes ago...

"He shall be my finest warrior, this generic man who was forced upon me.
    Like a badass I shall make him look, and in the furnace of war I shall forge him.
    he shall be of iron will and steely sinew.
    In great armour I shall clad him and with the mightiest weapons he shall be armed.
    He will be untouched by plague or disease; no sickness shall blight him.
    He shall have such tactics, strategies and machines that no foe will best him in battle.
    He is my answer to cryptic logic, he is the Defender of my Romulan Crew.
    He is Tovan Khev... and he shall know no fear."
  • geekguy79geekguy79 Member Posts: 209 Arc User
    http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1195682/no-changes-have-been-made-to-elite-queues-riiiiiiight

http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1195714/new-mission-condition-in-bughunt-elite-is-stupid

Even tho the patch notes specifically say "No changes have been made to Elite queues.", this is not the case.

There is a new mission condition for Bug Hunt Elite that says Keep Lt. Der.. Alive, which is REALLY hard to do during the final battle with the spawnmother, failed it every time I've tried it today.
  • jermbotjermbot Member Posts: 801 Arc User
    Is it truly impossible, or would it just take a level of skill separate from that of the average player, a level of skill that is a step beyond, a level of skill that you may only find with this games... dare I say it... elite players?
  • captaintroikacaptaintroika Member Posts: 210 Arc User
    It can't be done because NPCs run into dot-fields like TRIBBLE and there is no way to cleanse them.
  • jermbotjermbot Member Posts: 801 Arc User
    Can you heal them through it? Direct their movements using engineering shields? Time the engagement so the NPC is not as close to the boss? Hit the boss with enough damage that she dies before the NPC does? Body block the dot-fields and soak the damage yourself?
  • jaymclaughlinjaymclaughlin Member Posts: 630 Arc User
    I didn't even notice this condition, but haven't had any issues completing BHE so far.

I would say that the Elite queues in general are too easy, with the exception of Hive.
    animated.gif
  • kittyflofykittyflofy Member Posts: 1,004 Arc User
    Lol, just completed it 3 times in a row. Really easy. Just protect him with shield generators, medical generators and so on. The problem is if you dont have any engineer with you.
  • stuart1965stuart1965 Member Posts: 691 Arc User
    kittyflofy wrote: »
    Lol, just completed it 3 times in a row. Really easy. Just protect him with shield generators, medical generators and so on. The problem is if you dont have any engineer with you.

Just tried it again. NO its not real easy. I went looking for Vandervior, and it was dead within 30 seconds. This mission is Far too Difficult now on a pug. Its become a co-ordinated mission like Brotherhood of the sword.
    Cryptic, take that last bit off defending Vandervior. Its unfair.

• jaymclaughlinjaymclaughlin Member Posts: 630 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    stuart1965 wrote: »
    This mission is Far too Difficult now on a pug. Its become a co-ordinated mission like Brotherhood of the sword.

GOOD!!!! We need more content that requires teamwork and co-ordination! It's an MMO!!!!
    animated.gif

Just tried it again. NO its not real easy. I went looking for Vandervior, and it was dead within 30 seconds. This mission is Far too Difficult now on a pug. Its become a co-ordinated mission like Brotherhood of the sword.

Oh well, it is an elite qeue dude. It is not supossed to be easy, but it is perfectly doable. As i said, i completed it 3 times in a row with 2 engineers in my team. In one of em he almost died, but he didnt.
  • paxdawnpaxdawn Member Posts: 767 Arc User

Yes, it is difficult in a PuG. But, not impossible.

And yes that 30 secs is the correct observation. you need to nanny it while doing DPS in a PuG to prolong its survival or full DPS since a player can technically burst DPS for 3k+ within 30 secs assuming that the PuG teammates have abysmal DPS.

• deaftravis05deaftravis05 Member Posts: 4,885 Arc User
    Well, it'd be doable if he stays back... but you're absolutely right... the problem lies in the spawnmother battle... hmmm... he'll pick up a lot of aggro... engineering time :D
  • gradiigradii Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    This mission is Far too Difficult now on a pug. Its become a co-ordinated mission like Brotherhood of the sword.

GOOD!!!! We need more content that requires teamwork and co-ordination! It's an MMO!!!!

That would be laughable if not for the new armada system, which may actually help said premade teams become less stupidly difficult to form.

"He shall be my finest warrior, this generic man who was forced upon me.
    Like a badass I shall make him look, and in the furnace of war I shall forge him.
    he shall be of iron will and steely sinew.
    In great armour I shall clad him and with the mightiest weapons he shall be armed.
    He will be untouched by plague or disease; no sickness shall blight him.
    He shall have such tactics, strategies and machines that no foe will best him in battle.
    He is my answer to cryptic logic, he is the Defender of my Romulan Crew.
    He is Tovan Khev... and he shall know no fear."
  • paxdawnpaxdawn Member Posts: 767 Arc User
    gradii wrote: »

That would be laughable if not for the new armada system, which may actually help said premade teams become less stupidly difficult to form.

You dont need premades to complete BHE nor to achieve teamwork.
  • foxrockssocksfoxrockssocks Member Posts: 2,482 Arc User

I'm not sure if this is irony, but I've found BotSE to be very easy. Most people know what to do and do it just fine.

BHE, on the other hand, people not knowing alarm bugs aside, the final fight is and always has been ridiculous, spammy, and stupidly designed. I am not surprised that Vanderveer is an idiot that stands in the toxic pools and gets killed. I do know as an engineer I don't bother placing generators in that fight because it is pointless. They die in seconds and protect no one, often getting me killed as I stand there placing them.

I have yet to try this new and "unchanged" version, but I would not be surprised if it became even stupider than it already was. I can't imagine expecting a science officer's heals to keep up with the spam, if they even have any heals (Hey Cryptic how about letting us craft or buy the damned kit modules we want already?)
  • woodwhitywoodwhity Member Posts: 2,636 Arc User
    Just played it. And won. There are three ways doing this:

You either DPS Through with brute force (hence save/time your buffs when Deveer makes a bridge).
    You draw aggro yourself. Can be done with healing aggro and some AoE-Moves (Delta T5 for example. Yes, it does more than just killing things)
    You can heal him. You need that tactic if the other two are not useable with your teamsetup. Ironically, this one needs a stricter Teamsetup than the other.

Elite being Elite, where is the problem? The only thing they really nerfed was Nukara Self Destructing Tendencies. The reward is now far too low for the teamquality needed. Its the same reward as Transimensional tacitcs. The latter you can pug easy, the former you cant. Talk about "equal rewards for equal difficulty".

I'm not sure if this is irony, but I've found BotSE to be very easy. Most people know what to do and do it just fine.

The only thing you need to do is to keep him alive lol. And that is not difficult.

The problems start when more than half of your team are noobies or they dont have a clue what to do. Then, the difficulty increases exponentially. But people complaining about an ELITE queue being too hard or impossible.. well, i mean.. really? lolz.
  • risian4risian4 Member Posts: 3,711 Arc User
    I've succesfully completed a pug, first time I tried it on elite after yesterday's patch. I kept Lt Vanderveer alive and he never fell below 80% (or something) health in that final battle. All you need is a dedicated healer or someone who can at least protect him with shields, generators or by simply drawing enough aggro. My main ground character is a dedicated healer, but I didn't even need to use all my heals on him. Nanite health monitor combined with a special doff for a chance for extra charges and a Spire Medical Tricorder were enough to keep him alive and he didn't even get close to dying.

If this is what you call 'impossible' while others have succeeded without much extra effort, then I don't think you should be playing elite. Or maybe not pug it, to ensure you have someone who can heal, I don't know if there was such a player on your team of course.

• captaintroikacaptaintroika Member Posts: 210 Arc User
    Tell us all about how easy it is to keep that jerk alive in the final battle when he runs right up to the boss point blank and throws a grenade, then starts randomly teleporting around the entire area. It's not easy at all.
  • sqwishedsqwished Member Posts: 1,475 Bug Hunter
    edited July 2015
    Honestly I'd rather they did away with the npc altogether, and give his roll to the players so we have to set the charges like in CG. Because lets face who really waits for him in the final fight to place his charges anyway? he just takes to long. But as for adding the insta fail option, what did you expect? other than the alarm bugs and they are pretty easy to spot and kill if your paying attention to what's happening on screen there's nothing else to cause the mission to fail. Or would the OP prefer that Cryptic just slap another "complete in this time" condition to the queue?

It would be nice however if cryptic broke with tradition and actually mentioned this addition in the patch notes. But no doubt if enough people complain about it they'll alter it again.
    Oh, it's not broken? We can soon fix that!

• mosul33mosul33 Member Posts: 836 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    Seriously, who had this masochistic idea? Guess some1 probably woke up in one morning and thought: How to TRIBBLE players even more?

Fair enuf, but this change is nothing of that. Similar to the idiot Orion case in brotherhood, thats not teamwork nor challanging to let the failure of the entire mission to the hazard aka buggy and stupid AI/NPC. Cure ground was mentioned as a good teamwork exemple. I'll add infected ground aswell. YES, in those is teamwork and coordonation. It depends on the player. But here, on top of keeping ur team alive, you have to look for the idiot NPC too. And he is not even in ur team. If HE WAS PART OF MY TEAM, I could cleanse his debuffs, toss some team heals/buffs as such. But like this? Its like standing on ur head, while balancing a spining plate on a stick. And calling it teamwork and challanging? LOL good joke there.

And how it was implemented - sneaky/stealty. That was really low. Probably to sell the new research lab kit frames...
    Post edited by mosul33 on
  • jam3s1701jam3s1701 Member Posts: 1,825 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    Have to admit it would be extremely helpful and friendly if someone could answer where this came from due to it not being there Wednesday or on the patch notes Thursday...

is there anyway maybeee someone cannn find out for us?? @borticuscryptic @pwgroverclvlnd @pwlaughingtrendy wheather this is an intended change and if so then ermmm was it meant to be on this weeks patch notes? :wink:
    ​​
    Post edited by jam3s1701 on
    JtaDmwW.png
  • woodwhitywoodwhity Member Posts: 2,636 Arc User
    Brotherhood of the sword is the easiest elite mission in the whole game to pug, ground or space...

Tip: Just say its easy. Everyone with a bit of skills can acknowledge that. "Easiest" just brings about more stuff one could argue about. Like I just though upon reading your answer "Meh, DRSE and NTTE are even easier" ;)
  • scarlingscarling Member Posts: 708 Arc User
    Puged it on my sci. Just pinned Lt Dan's health bar at the beginning to make it easy to watch him. Threw some heals on him at the spawnmother, hit the buggys with an induction field if they swarmed him. Spamed biofilter sweep and kept nanite monitor up while switching between him and the mother. He made it fine.
  • dd1mdd1m Member Posts: 171 Arc User
    I'd like to know how adding a fail condtion to BHE constitutes not changing an elite queue as it clearly states in the release notes?

Way to kill one of the only busy queues as BHE is now sadly going to become unpuggable
    8ebd135a27dd1eb31f8ce7dff0bfba3a1f1467ac_full.jpg
  • foxrockssocksfoxrockssocks Member Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    I've played it and failed this badly. The team wasn't that good and we had someone leave midway for no apparent reason, but I learned some things.

This new "unchanged" fail condition only applies in the final fight.

But, first off, his shields do not regenerate out of battle, this is a major bug if we are expected to protect him, because he ends up going into the battle with no shields if no one can repair them.

Second, as predicted, engineering generators were utterly worthless in protecting him. They get destroyed fast and of course don't do much anyway with the kind of aggro he artificially draws.

Third, bugs swarm him and completely ignore aggro from everyone else. I'm not sure why or what exactly is supposed to be done to counter that outside of massive DPS and continuous healing.

So it seems like you need someone to babysit him. Maybe also to destroy the first bug swarm that goes after him.
  • themetalstickmanthemetalstickman Member Posts: 1,010 Arc User
    edited July 2015

There's your problem.​​
    Og12TbC.jpg

Your father was captain of a starship for twelve minutes. He saved 800 lives, including your mother's, and yours.

I dare you to do better.

There's your problem.​​

Although I understand where you're coming from sometimes getting a group together of fellow fleet members etc is not always possible.

So with this new condition it has made this map very unlikely to be achieved in pug groups.
    JtaDmwW.png
  • scarlingscarling Member Posts: 708 Arc User
    maybe the people having so much trouble with this, don't belong in the elite que? or maybe people will start bringing sci's to the mix instead of a tac all the time?
    scarling wrote: »
    maybe the people having so much trouble with this, don't belong in the elite que? or maybe people will start bringing sci's to the mix instead of a tac all the time?

I've been playing elite for a very long time way before the new levels etc with my tac and eng, yes there is logic with trying a Sci but this still doesn't negate the fact this condition is not doable with 80% of the player base in pugs

also I do not want to have roll another toon just to be able to achieve what two days ago I could with no problems.
    JtaDmwW.png
This discussion has been closed.