What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Scheduled Maintenance [June 25th, 2015]

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Arc User
    2ia4dwj.gif

Someone bent the wookiee again...
  • evilbrandonevilbrandon Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    Look on the bright side, It could be worse.
  • captainkenny1captainkenny1 Member Posts: 326 Arc User
    imagine the pain and the horror if it still isn't fixed....
  • nomadmitchellnomadmitchell Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    celiea32 wrote: »
    Well then I bet it will be down the whole day I have a feeling so for get on playing today. But I don't have much conifense in Cryptic anymore they have bug up the ears and they still havn't fixxed them even back when the game was launched.

Most People Bash EA, but at least when EA/Bioware says they'll be up at a certain time. they stick to their word, and get their s**t done. Unlike Cryptic.

<Zorz><Invictus><Intrepid>
    Dread Master, Dragonslayer, Gate Crasher
    The Revanchist, The Eternal Warrior, From Beyond
    Conquerer Of The Dread Fortress, Deposer of The Dread Masters
    I've Killed Dread Masters, Revan, Vengeful Spirits, Kephess, and Overzealous Hutts.. All in the name of Progress.
  • reisnowreisnow Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    Has anyone else ever fallen through the floor of their Ship's bridge before? ^_^; I fell throught my nephew's bridge the other night four times. >.> It was like going out into space without a spacesuit.
    Yes I drew this Bunkaiya myself. >.>; Enjoy.
  • gameversemangameverseman Member Posts: 1,110 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Trendy, I have a serious question..... how do I change my info so that it DOESN'T say: Champions Online User? I ask because I am not. I only play STO and would very much like my Captain title back (or even Star Trek Online User). Thanks!
    signature.png
  • rcassandrasaturnrcassandrasaturn Member Posts: 195 Arc User
    lmao. Trendy. are you going to ask the vanilla designers to bring forum to more STO/LCARS wise?
    That would be so cool! B) But I think the intention is to make every PWI board be the same as every other PWI board. If I wrong about that, and if it matters, I vote for LCARS! :smiley:

lol well i design websites/forums for living. i have couple of STO fan sites and test forums for layout design to be used on many different forums i maintain and work on as Adminstrator. it's always good to have a sample forum for a design.

i do these for free. i get many requests for their forums.
    Fleet commander of Slippery When Wet.
    i am Deaf Transgender girl. i'm Known to others as Korra.
    you can find me on Tumblr, Twitter, Twitch
    reisnow wrote: »
    It was like going out into space without a spacesuit.

I used to do that, until I took a phaser to the knee. :P
  • mhirtescmhirtesc Member Posts: 581 Arc User
    VANILLA IS THE BEST SERVER EVER AND THE PLAYERS LOVE IT!!
    eek spam..
  • standtictocstandtictoc Member Posts: 5
    still can't login until now . . . .
    tired for waiting this . . .
  • majinsyllusmajinsyllus Member Posts: 55 Arc User
    I wonder what the other news is.
  • reisnowreisnow Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    anyway, I have to go out for a bit. Maybe everything will work when I get back. Hope you guys get in soon ^_^
    Yes I drew this Bunkaiya myself. >.>; Enjoy.
  • crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,115 Arc User
    Well then I bet it will be down the whole day I have a feeling so for get on playing today. But I don't have much conifense in Cryptic anymore they have bug up the ears and they still havn't fixxed them even back when the game was launched.

Most People Bash EA, but at least when EA/Bioware says they'll be up at a certain time. they stick to their word, and get their s**t done. Unlike Cryptic.

Yeah right - EVERY MMO company has often missed/extended their ETA's on maintenance, and EA is no exception to this fact.
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,782 Arc User
    Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet?

I never did this as a kid. When every my father was driving me and my sister somewhere and he hadn't told the location in advance, we would always as him, "Where're we going, Daddy?" And he would always answer, "Crazy!" We would giggle and that was OUR silly back and forth.

f5cc65bc8f3b91f963e328314df7c48d.jpg
    Sig? What sig? I don't see any sig.
  • gamersaint76gamersaint76 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    Sorry if this has already been brought up but didn't want to read through the insane amount of posts on this thread .. Is there any notice of or attention given to the constant crashing issues in the Dyson Voth Ground Battlezone?
    I wonder what the other news is.

21bvk3d.jpg
  • kawasakizx10rrkawasakizx10rr Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    What is the current ETA ?
    yEt6JSa.gifMEANWHILE AT THE CRYPTIC HEADQUARTERS
  • zarato4218zarato4218 Member Posts: 403 Arc User
    edited June 2015

You do know that SWTOR had a twelve hour maintenance just a couple days ago right? And, perhaps ironically, it too was extended by two hours which kinda disproves your point. o:) Incidently, I at least, have never bashed Bioware for anything (Except ME3's stupid linear ending) or EA for anything mechanically related. I bash EA for being greedy. ;)

As Zephram Cochrane once said, "That'll do, pig. That'll do." - April 1st 2015. o:)
  • dakotadahotnessdakotadahotness Member Posts: 170 Arc User
    usmc47 wrote: »
    Its funny.... this is like the 3rd time the servers have been upgraded in less then a week.... each time it is 6 hours... could it be possible that it is not an upgrade like they are claiming, but maybe a server switch all together and the reason it is taking so long is that everyone's account have mysteriously disappeared like they were pulled into a black hole????

Well....I am still missing my Combat Horta and some other things purchased from the C-store since the last patch maybe they took 6 hours to get him back to me....I miss him terribly *cries*
  • urmuz1urmuz1 Member Posts: 59 Arc User
    whem i try to open STO
    \ntrolling.jpg
    Not an ARC user
  • gamersaint76gamersaint76 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    Sorry if this has already been brought up but didn't want to read through the insane amount of posts on this thread .. Is there any notice of or attention given to the constant crashing issues in the Dyson Voth Ground Battlezone?

Haven't you read, that has been fixed in the maintenance back on June 4th. IT... HAS... BEEN... FIXED !!! So the crashes we are now experiencing several times per hour in Zaria and Dyson ground outskirts must be on our side because they fixed it. Says so in the patch notes. http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/9316513-star-trek-online:-release-notes:-june-4th,-2015

And there are five lights as far as you're concerned!

o.O Fixed, huh? .. Hmm, judging by the quality of the "fix" it must have been contracted by the US Gov
  • stoguy1stoguy1 Member Posts: 3
    We've noticed a few irregularities with the patcher. We're extending maintenance by an additional hour for monitoring to ensure no problems occur. We estimate 2pm PDT.

The fail never ceases to amaze me. I registered just to reply to this with:

facepalm30.gif
    edited June 2015
    usmc47 wrote: »
    Its funny.... this is like the 3rd time the servers have been upgraded in less then a week.... each time it is 6 hours... could it be possible that it is not an upgrade like they are claiming, but maybe a server switch all together and the reason it is taking so long is that everyone's account have mysteriously disappeared like they were pulled into a black hole????

Well....I am still missing my Combat Horta and some other things purchased from the C-store since the last patch maybe they took 6 hours to get him back to me....I miss him terribly *cries*

And the Odyssey 1 combadge went missing on females just days before S10.

I'm not saying it was Iconians, but... it was Iconians.
    Maintenance was extended to other two hours as stated.
    sad panda :)
  • celljunkycelljunky Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    New patch of no loging not even past the launcher update. Another awesome but typical developer nightmare
  • gameversemangameverseman Member Posts: 1,110 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Players, at times, be like
    frabz-Let-me-think-I-guess-youre-right-my-experience-wont-help-you-avo-d303bf.jpg
    And while you wait....

Funny thing is, I actually like this song.
    signature.png
  • nomadmitchellnomadmitchell Member Posts: 6 Arc User

Yeah right - EVERY MMO company has often missed/extended their ETA's on maintenance, and EA is no exception to this fact.

Yeah, Least EA can plan correctly. For the Most part (95% of the time that is.), when they say "The Servers will be down for 12 hours" The times are correct, I've seen them delay their maintenance time Once. and that was for the Shadows of Revan Expansion. So, Pardon me when I say. Eat It M8.
    <Zorz><Invictus><Intrepid>
    Dread Master, Dragonslayer, Gate Crasher
    The Revanchist, The Eternal Warrior, From Beyond
    Conquerer Of The Dread Fortress, Deposer of The Dread Masters
    I've Killed Dread Masters, Revan, Vengeful Spirits, Kephess, and Overzealous Hutts.. All in the name of Progress.
  • shen69shen69 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    Ummm, IT guys.... Just a hint from someone who's a Server Admin, Bring your new servers up on a test network, make sure they work with the patch, then when you are 100% sure they will work, only then do you switch them to being live. You'll have a lot less down time. And if it doesn't work when you switch it to go live you give yourself, depending on if your server is internal employee or external customer, a minimal amount of time and if you can't figure it out you switch back to the old servers until you figure it out on the test network. 10 hours downtime on an external server for a customer driven business model is CRAZY. I would have been fired if I ever took 30 min for those servers, you guys have very forgiving bosses.
    shen69 wrote: »
    Ummm, IT guys.... Just a hint from someone who's a Server Admin, Bring your new servers up on a test network, make sure they work with the patch, then when you are 100% sure they will work, only then do you switch them to being live. You'll have a lot less down time. And if it doesn't work when you switch it to go live you give yourself, depending on if your server is internal employee or external customer, a minimal amount of time and if you can't figure it out you switch back to the old servers until you figure it out on the test network. 10 hours downtime on an external server for a customer driven business model is CRAZY. I would have been fired if I ever took 30 min for those servers, you guys have very forgiving bosses.

umm no. they are not the IT guys. this is Cryptic's servers. they are known for those issues.
This discussion has been closed.