test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Who is "The Other"?

deaftravis05deaftravis05 Member Posts: 4,885 Arc User
I was exploring the House of Pegh and came across a few records...

the last one in the last room makes mention that they are not whole, even without the other. They need the Other to be whole.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• taylor1701dtaylor1701d Member Posts: 3,099 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Yoda to Ghost of Obi Wan: "No, there is Another...."

Princess Leia !
    [img][/img]OD5urLn.jpg
  • thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    The female Iconians are looking for the male Iconains, whom they call "the Others." But the male Iconains do not wnt to be found because "them bytches be crazy!" :)
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • woodwhitywoodwhity Member Posts: 2,636 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    A wizard. One is even more powerful than all the Iconians combined.
  • lebtronlebtron Member Posts: 296 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    The others are the natives opposing the DHARMA initiative. So the other is Jacob!
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    The player character. AKA the most important person in the universe. :D
  • jam3s1701jam3s1701 Member Posts: 1,825 Arc User
    edited June 2015

the last one in the last room makes mention that they are not whole, even without the other. They need the Other to be whole.

This is a iconian we haven't met yet.
    JtaDmwW.png
  • thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,101 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Other = The Iconians that can watch Doctor who without frying their brains.
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • mimey2mimey2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    thecosmic1 wrote: »
    The female Iconians are looking for the male Iconains, whom they call "the Others." But the male Iconains do not wnt to be found because "them bytches be crazy!" :)

I thought it was more a case of 'Ents and the Entwives'. I mean, the Iconians do look a bit like trees.
    I remain empathetic to the concerns of my community, but do me a favor and lay off the god damn name calling and petty remarks. It will get you nowhere.
    I must admit, respect points to Trendy for laying down the law like that.
  • hipachilleshipachilles Member Posts: 195 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Just a crazy idea - the Hurq.
    • Klingon-heavy missions in the Iconian arc so far
    • The Fek'liri Klingon arc is unresolved, with some thinking they are the same as, or related to, the Hurq
    • The Klingon-based queue Gateway to Gre'thor recalls the Fek'liri invasion
    • Kahless's death and entry to Sto'vo'kor at issue, since a knife to the back has been evidenced to deny one entry
    • The loss of the Sword of Kahless yet again - last time we found it, the Hurq had it (foreshadowing/recalling)
    • The known location of the Hurq in our galaxy is in/near Dominion space
    • The Dominion will likely feature in the next phase or ending of the Iconion War
  • tarran61tarran61 Member Posts: 827 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I too found that console, like in Blood of Ancients it brings up lots of questions, speaking of Blood of Ancients did you noticed you could see behind one of the doors? Looking at the ancient one it would have been the door to your left, back side. Also the ancient one was giving me something, why couldn't I interact with the console before beaming out and doing the battle in space before the portal was destroyed? Even with the portal destroyed was the console also destroyed alone with the other ancients? Also in one of the breen missions there was other cylinders which looked like the ones the ancient one came out of, does that mean there are ancients in those?
    Positive thoughts.
    NeAC.gif
  • quintarisquintaris Member Posts: 816 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    The Wildlings call them White Walkers.
    w8xekp.jpg
  • azniadeetazniadeet Member Posts: 1,871 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Could be a number of different characters/entities.

Armus was discarded by a once powerful race. Perhaps the Iconians become more and more angry and evil over time, and upon their defeat, they find a need to shed their skin of evil in order to survive.

The Others could be the pah wraiths, which would explain the prophets knowledge of them.

Nagilum opened pockets of subspace and conducted experiments on lesser life forms, much like the Solanne. Maybe he's involved.

The Hurq make a lot of sense, especially if the gamma quadrant is our next step.

It could even be the Founders or the Borg we know relatively little about either of their histories.

The Voth have been space fairing at least as long a the Iconians too. Let's hope it's not them.
  • jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,360 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    "The Other" is the only name Baron Klaus Wulfenbach has found to label the otherworldly creature that seems to have supplanted the consciousness of Lucrezia Mongfish-Heterodyne, apparently at some point before she began recording her personality and implanting it in others (as The Other seems to be identical to the version of Lucrezia secreted within the mind of Agatha Heterodyne, held at bay only by the locket her uncle Barry created before he and Bill vanished, as well as the versions that have taken over Zola and the robot that was supposed to be Tarvek Sturmvoraus' younger sister).

How the Other came to trouble the Iconians is unknown, although it may be related to tales of the Dragon of Mars...
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • ursusmorologusursusmorologus Member Posts: 5,328 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    True Lore is on the Orangians so that cant be it
  • heavywhirlwind89heavywhirlwind89 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Personally, I think it's that one "blue" Iconian we see in the loading screens.

I get a feeling that one might be the "good, remorseful" one who wants to help us "stop the evil it helped create".

Blue is the textbook color for good after all. :rolleyes:
  • jstewart55jstewart55 Member Posts: 412 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    The Furlings. It's gotta be the Furlings.

Maybe it's the Fek'lhr? The Iconians set themselves up as gods, the Klingons killed their gods ...
  • protogothprotogoth Member Posts: 2,369 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    tarran61 wrote: »
    I too found that console, like in Blood of Ancients it brings up lots of questions, speaking of Blood of Ancients did you noticed you could see behind one of the doors? Looking at the ancient one it would have been the door to your left, back side. Also the ancient one was giving me something, why couldn't I interact with the console before beaming out and doing the battle in space before the portal was destroyed? Even with the portal destroyed was the console also destroyed alone with the other ancients? Also in one of the breen missions there was other cylinders which looked like the ones the ancient one came out of, does that mean there are ancients in those?

I'm curious if any of the Preservers be still alive, roaming/exploring the galaxy to see what their "children" have made of it, as was mentioned by the Preserver Archivist as a possibility when you first locate the place and talk to him about what the Preservers will do "now."
    azniadeet wrote: »
    Could be a number of different characters/entities.

Armus was discarded by a once powerful race. Perhaps the Iconians become more and more angry and evil over time, and upon their defeat, they find a need to shed their skin of evil in order to survive.

The Others could be the pah wraiths, which would explain the prophets knowledge of them.

Nagilum opened pockets of subspace and conducted experiments on lesser life forms, much like the Solanne. Maybe he's involved.

The Hurq make a lot of sense, especially if the gamma quadrant is our next step.

It could even be the Founders or the Borg we know relatively little about either of their histories.

The Voth have been space fairing at least as long a the Iconians too. Let's hope it's not them.

Not the Pah Wraiths, who seem to be about evenly matched with the Prophets, and the Prophets are a younger race than the Iconians, iirc. The Founders are a younger race than the Prophets. The Borg are not 600k years old as someone claimed in this forum the last time there was a discussion of "The Other," but appear to be considerably younger:
    Intelligence provided by Erika Hernandez during in the Borg Invasion of 2381 suggest the Borg have a definite point of origin from a crashed and temporally-displaced Caeliar cityship, Mantilis, in 4527 BCE. However there has also been evidence of Borg activity much earlier, such as the assimilation of the Hirogen homeworld around 110,000 BCE, and possible Borg-Preserver conflicts dating back to billions of years ago. (ST - Destiny novel: Lost Souls; TOS novel: Probe; ST short story: "The Hunted"; TNG novel: Vendetta)
    -- http://memory-beta.wikia.com/wiki/Borg_history

So yeah, they are billions of years old, because we have never seen the Borg engage in time travel at all, right? Oh, wait, yes we have. So I'm going with 4527 BCE, which would make the Borg a little more than 6900 years old. When you take into account the fact that they had not yet taken over the entire galaxy by the time of VOY, let alone ENT, the supposed 600k age becomes rather unlikely, to say the least.

Nagilum doesn't really seem right for the part; he didn't even understand what death was, so I'm guessing he's not quite as old as the Iconians.

The Hurq? Also unlikely, based on this:
    By 2372, the Hur'q were extinct, and their stolen artifacts unrecovered. In that year, a Vulcan geological survey team mining bakrinium on an uncharted planet in the Gamma Quadrant accidentally uncovered ancient ruins which belonged to the Hur'q. This led to a sequence of events in which Dahar master Kor, Lieutenant Commander Worf, and Lieutenant Commander Jadzia Dax were able to finally recover the long-lost Sword of Kahless, although they eventually decided not to return it to the Empire. (DS9: "The Sword of Kahless")
    -- http://en.memory-alpha.wikia.com/wiki/Hur'q
    (emphasis added)
  • swamarianswamarian Member Posts: 1,506 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    The Jaridians? E:FC is a Roddenberry show.
  • hipachilleshipachilles Member Posts: 195 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    jstewart55 wrote: »
    Maybe it's the Fek'lhr? The Iconians set themselves up as gods, the Klingons killed their gods ...

That would add extra meaning to the fight between Kahless and T'Ket. If the Iconions were the "gods" that the ancient Klingons rose against (with a number of other species) and killed, it would make sense that the Fek'liri would be their "other".
  • kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,576 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    jonsills wrote: »
    "The Other" is the only name Baron Klaus Wulfenbach has found to label the otherworldly creature that seems to have supplanted the consciousness of Lucrezia Mongfish-Heterodyne, apparently at some point before she began recording her personality and implanting it in others (as The Other seems to be identical to the version of Lucrezia secreted within the mind of Agatha Heterodyne, held at bay only by the locket her uncle Barry created before he and Bill vanished, as well as the versions that have taken over Zola and the robot that was supposed to be Tarvek Sturmvoraus' younger sister).

How the Other came to trouble the Iconians is unknown, although it may be related to tales of the Dragon of Mars...

/applause

:D
  • ssbn655ssbn655 Member Posts: 1,894 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    My money is on the Q. Think about it. Q can manipulate space and time, tend to stand back and watch for the most part and not concern themsleves with mere mortals with a few exceptions of course. Q in TNG changed the local constant to rearrange an entire star system. God like powers indeed. Because of these things I will lay odds they are Iconians but a more noble kind. And given that we have been teased that Iconians like t'khat have been looking for them and that the Q have not poped up or otherwise given any indication of being around I will bet the Q are hiding from the Iconians becasue they are the other.
  • jbmonroejbmonroe Member Posts: 809 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Kevin Uxbridge the Douwd?
    boldly-watched.png
  • crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,111 Arc User
    edited June 2015

http://www.chakoteya.net/StarTrek/37.htm
    KIRK: Spock. Spock?

SPOCK: Fascinating, Captain. The knowledge. The depth.

KIRK: What does it mean, we are Nomad?

SPOCK: It was, it was damaged in deep space. Undoubtedly, the meteor collision. Its memory banks were destroyed, or most of them. It wandered without purpose, and then it met the other. The other was an alien probe of great power. Somehow they merged, repaired each other, became one.

KIRK: Then it isn't Nomad?

SPOCK: Not the Nomad we lost from Earth. It took from the other a new directive to replace its own. The other was originally programmed to secure and sterilise soil samples from other planets, probably as a prelude to colonisation.

(Sorry, given the thread title, I couldn't resist ;))
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • elric071elric071 Member Posts: 159 Arc User
    edited June 2015

Never thought of that....that's kinda scary if you think about it. If Armus is the "evil" of the Iconian race....What would you say they are now if they have no "evil" in them? Granted, their actions have not really been "evil", more like extremely single minded. But I'd say, from my miniscule Earthly perspective, that subjugation of the population of the galaxy using fear seems pretty "evil" to me. Again, just my opinion.

On that thought, maybe Armus is the "evil" cast off by one or a few Iconinas and they are the "Other"? That would mean that the Iconians we are fighting might be like the Acamarians from the TNG episode "The Vengence Factor" and are a split society. So in order to be whole again, they need those purified Iconians back in the fold. That would make the "Other" like the Gatherer's from that episode.

Just some thoughts....lol

In the Voyager episode where the Voth are introduced, they make it pretty clear that the Voth are Sauropods from Earth that evolved higher intelligence and escaped Earth before the asteroid wiped out the dinosaurs. That was 65 Million years ago. How old are the Iconians (I honestly don't remember...:o)?

Seeing as the Preservers seeded both of our worlds, they would be siblings. Perhaps the first two races that arose after the Preserver civilization was no more. So following that line, perhaps they are the "Other". Not as an offshoot of the same race, but in the fact that they were the first two space faring races to arise from the Preserver legacy.

I really have no clue, just speculating on your post :D. The other points you bring up I can't really speak to....

Qapla'!
    Illigitimi Non Carborundum

Co-Founder of TOS Veterans and TOS Qan Mang
  • deaftravis05deaftravis05 Member Posts: 4,885 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    65 million years ago and I dont think it's the Voth. The Voth are too old.

Q, again not right.

Fel'rik could be it...
  • elric071elric071 Member Posts: 159 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    65 million years ago and I dont think it's the Voth. The Voth are too old.

Sorry, your right....got my millions mixed up :D

I don't know that the Voth would be too old, though...The Preserver that gets killed by M'Tara tells you that the Iconinans are the first of their children IIRC. Since the Voth are also their children (as are we, by the storyline) it would stand to reason that the Voth are not as old as the Iconinans.

I could be wrong, though. Been a while since I played that particular mission.

Qapla'!
    Illigitimi Non Carborundum

Co-Founder of TOS Veterans and TOS Qan Mang
  • bloodyrizbloodyriz Member Posts: 1,756 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    OK, I admit it. I am the Other.
    signature.png
    We come in peace, SHOOT TO KILL!
  • warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    "Who is 'The Other'?"

In the TV show, they called them Whitewalkers.
    XzRTofz.gif
  • jep1416jep1416 Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    How about the Aliens that sent Gary 7 on his mission..their very powerful and might use time travel which the Iconians are vulnerable too.
  • artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    edited June 2015
    The 'Others' are the Ents and they want to find their Ent-Wives again.
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!