What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Summer Festival Rewards

Comments

• Options
    grylakgrylak Member Posts: 1,594 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Sweet. I'm gonna grind the TRIBBLE outta this event.

A Romulan Strike Team, Missing Farmers and an ancient base on a Klingon Border world. But what connects them? Find out in my First Foundary mission: 'The Jeroan Farmer Escapade'
  • Options
    dongemaharudongemaharu Member Posts: 544 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Good job on the Thomas Magnum. :)
  • Options
    orangeitisorangeitis Member Posts: 5,222 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    redwren89 wrote: »
    For all of you who haven't caught on to this, the power boards are a ripoff of 'Back to the Future'.
    I believe you misspelled "homage". ;)
  • Options
    ageroth1ageroth1 Member Posts: 129 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    "Hey Kirk you bojo, powerboards don't work on water." - Koloth

"Unless you've got, POWER!" - Kor

Win. Nuff' said.

As for the hurricane maker, look out, it's Hurricane Flossy all over again!

For the earthquake maker it's more like "Okay, who brought Q's Etch-A-Sketch along?"
  • Options
    rezkingrezking Member Posts: 1,109 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I feel like my poor fps will take a hit with these new kit modules.

BTW: That Klingon female needs to eat a sandwich :(
    NO to ARC
    RIP KDF and PvP 2014-07-17 Season 9.5 - Death by Dev
  • Options
    makocallowaymakocalloway Member Posts: 455 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    It's like a Fennec+Cat+Eevee+Toothless+Stitch...

= I love it.

That is actually a very accurate disruption...

Oh there are way too many possible puns with all the magnum pi / pokemon / stich / back to the future references, my head it's going to explode. Some one even beat me to captain planet...grr... This should be a summer event of epic proportions ! :D

Side note, I have to agree with the summer currency issue.Why wouldn't summer be the same as winter with the currency doff missions? Show us some love there, ive got a ton of sruff to buy.
    5rFUCPd.png

• Options
    rezkingrezking Member Posts: 1,109 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    artan42 wrote: »
    I assume that chest hair option will be available for my Klingon female, yes?

nah it's still Fed-exclusive until we get it in a lockbox ;)
    NO to ARC
    RIP KDF and PvP 2014-07-17 Season 9.5 - Death by Dev
  • Options
    mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    theres that ugly ribcage look again for the females for the open shirt bikini combo. i wont be buying that, thats for sure.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • Options
    jake477jake477 Member Posts: 526 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    The Vanity pets look like Eevee's evolution from Pok
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] "This planet smells, it must be the Klingons"
  • Options
    usscapitalusscapital Member Posts: 985 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    All of the above prizes can be purchased alongside all the entries from previous years, giving captains a wide variety of rewards to earn by participating in this year’s Lohlunat Festival

can somebody clear this up for me but how do you earn them if you have to purchase them ? , also if they are rewards why do we have to purchase them ?
    NERF NERF NERF ONLINE

DELTA PRICE RISING
  • Options
    farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I will pick up one of the shirts. I might get the hurricane generator. That looks like fun to use on some enemies. :D
    Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.
  • Options
    jake477jake477 Member Posts: 526 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Finally I can do a proper Hawaii Five O look :)

Book'm Dano!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] "This planet smells, it must be the Klingons"
  • Options
    captaind3captaind3 Member Posts: 2,449 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I'm ALLL about the caracals and the kit modules.

And SHORTS! FINALLY SHORTS!

I was hoping for some patterned swimsuits or some of the NPC swimsuits, but overall I like what we've got this year. See you on Risa.

And Aloha shirts, this is gonna be good.
    usscapital wrote: »
    can somebody clear this up for me but how do you earn them if you have to purchase them ? , also if they are rewards why do we have to purchase them ?

there are two currencies. The vouchers are what get you the ship.

But there are Lohlunat favors, which are silver coins that you get from participating in events. You use those to buy the rewards like the swimsuits, powerboards, floaters, and boardshorts.
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo9_r1_400.gif
    "Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many — they are few"
  • Options
    gorgothedreadful#6260 gorgothedreadful Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    They added Umbreons?

Also a miniature singularity wouldn't dissapate. It would rapidly swallow the entire planet. Do you have any idea how much mass is required to create even the tiniest singularity? The gravitational force would be (by definition) impossible to resist (apart from using inertial dampeners or warp drive).
  • Options
    anodynesanodynes Member Posts: 1,999 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    usscapital wrote: »

You have to purchase them because there are many choices, or would you like a random box of something that you probably already have dropped on you for a certain amount of event participation? Rewards are also generally a quid pro quo, you do something and you are rewarded. See definition 2. Perhaps you've confused reward with gift, or maybe you don't actually know the meanings of the words that you are using, but are somehow still trying to be pedantic?
    This is an MMO, not a Star Trek episode simulator. That would make for a terrible game.
  • Options
    odstparker#7820 odstparker Member Posts: 466 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Can we please have account unlocks for reward costumes and uniforms like this? It's so frustrating having to choose which character gets which outfit, especially since I made six new Delta Recruits.
  • Options
    doubleohninedoubleohnine Member Posts: 818 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    rezking wrote: »
    BTW: That Klingon female needs to eat a sandwich :(
    Seriously. Female rib cages are not attractive.
    STO: @AGNT009 Since Dec 2010
    Capt. Will Conquest of the U.S.S. Crusader
  • Options
    svindal777svindal777 Member Posts: 856 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    The sci kits module sounds cool, but i'm guessing I will have to give up my freeze thingy (like I had to give up the fire thingy to get the freeze thingy)
    Well excuse me for having enormous flaws that I don't work on.
  • Options
    iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Seriously. Female rib cages are not attractive.

Beauty is only skin-deep.
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • Options
    kitsunesnoutkitsunesnout Member Posts: 1,210 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Best pets ever, they are so cute! They remind me so much of Kurama XD http://img4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130913103505/naruto/images/7/75/Young_Kurama.png
  • Options
    danquellerdanqueller Member Posts: 501 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Hmm...we get the chance to obtain a Ferengi ship, and now Ferengi across the galaxy will be able to match the standard of fashion set by the first of their race to make Risa a place of opportunity for profit as well as pleasure?

I detect the hand of Quark Enterprises in this year's Festival. :cool:
  • Options
    crypticrockcrypticrock Member Posts: 120 Cryptic Developer
    edited June 2015
    jake477 wrote: »
    The Vanity pets look like Eevee's evolution from Pok
  • Options
    gavinrunebladegavinruneblade Member Posts: 3,894 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Am I mistaken, or do those "bunnies" have fangs? :eek:

Do an image search on "Chinese water deer".
  • Options
    gavinrunebladegavinruneblade Member Posts: 3,894 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    With the Summer Festival on Risa right around the corner, Captains can expect a whole new set of rewards to celebrate the summer with! From Aloha shirts, to the insanely-adorable Caracal, we have tons of fun in store for Captains this Thursday!

Seriously. The Caracal is frackin' adorable.

~LaughingTrendy

Totally awesome rewards, love the new shirts and the magnum pi homage.

However, please add my voice to the chorus asking for more favors or lower prices. It is really hard to get enough compared to winter and the prices are sooooo much higher.
  • Options
    reginamala78reginamala78 Member Posts: 4,593 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Two: I didn't make the Magnum PI connection until it was posted in this thread. So thanks all for that. Now I need some bleach to get that out.

Just take out the Risan Corvette, paint it red, print Robin 1 on the side, and you're good to go.

Or maybe the Risan Liner, orange base, yellow and brown stripes?
  • Options
    rmxiiirmxiii Member Posts: 221 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    ohh yes the summer event prices do need a look at either make it easier for us to get more favors or drop the prices. I so want to get my Risian Eevees for my chars and the kit modules as well. even add DOFF missions for favors like you do for winter event
  • Options
    bendalekbendalek Member Posts: 1,781 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    All looks fantastic as usual. I especially luv the new Pitbull Powerboard ... My Klingons are sooo gonna own that!

1 Query though,

Crypticrock wrote: "All of the above prizes can be purchased alongside all the entries from previous years, giving captains a wide variety of rewards to earn by participating in this year’s Lohlunat Festival. Remember, “All that is ours is yours!”"

Does this mean the missing swimsuit designs from previous years (pre 2014) will return? As last years summer event, though many of the NPC's were wearing them, previous years fashions were not available.
    Oh, hoho hohhhhh, Oh,, hoho, hohhhhh
    My%20STO%20Sig%20Clear_zps5etu86s1.png
  • Options
    iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Oh, probably a dumb question, but is that all the Caracal types represented on the dev blog?

For the Risian Birdies there was a nice big graphic with all the types and colors in a nice chart format.

If I want a Caracal I'd like to see every option there is so I know what to aim for, since I really do not have the room for all of them and will likely grind up unwanted Caracals into Eevee Sausage.
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • Options
    bunansabunansa Member Posts: 928 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Sooo, too bad I didn't get a better thread going about the kit modules when I posted that thread a few weeks back...

Because a whirlpool for science or healing waves would have been better then another gravimetric style ability...in fact the healing waves is needed I think we don't have enough aoe heal type abilities for science ground instead of triage as a DH it coulda have been a HOT heal instead with some kinda cleanser as well...

It most likely will be the same cost of stuff in a varying degree to what the other winter kit modules where...

as an fyi, the iconians hate cold.
    tumblr_ndmkqm59J31r5ynioo2_r2_500.gif

• Options
    kitsunesnoutkitsunesnout Member Posts: 1,210 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    iconians wrote: »
    If I want a Caracal I'd like to see every option there is so I know what to aim for, since I really do not have the room for all of them and will likely grind up unwanted Caracals into Eevee Sausage.

Only an Iconian could be so evil!!! For the war effort! :P *prints save Carcals from Iconians war posters*