test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Summer Festival Rewards

Comments

• ageroth1ageroth1 Member Posts: 129 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    sov42 wrote: »
    And they should rethink this policy since Orion females are an obvious double standard, and people are frequently using exploits to use swimwear elsewhere anyway.

I wouldn't call it a double standard. Don't forget: Orion females have always been shown in the TV series as nothing more than pleasure slaves, so the dress code applied to them isn't the same.
  • quintarisquintaris Member Posts: 816 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    betayuya wrote: »
    Just one question, is this a
    [Fabrication Kit Module – Hurricane Generator],
    [Fabrication Kit Module – Hurricane Generator],
    or a [Fabrication Kit Module – Hurricane Generator]? lol

[Fabrication Kit Module – Hurricane Generator] :)
    w8xekp.jpg
  • betayuyabetayuya Member Posts: 1,059 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    quintaris wrote: »
    [Fabrication Kit Module – Hurricane Generator] :)

At least it's not a [Fabrication Kit Module – Hurricane Generator]
    :D lol
    eywdK7c.jpg
  • mettrekmettrek Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    ashkrik23 wrote: »
    What have I done....

You'll just have to find a way to Risa 'bove it. Personally, I think LaughingTrendy is hilarious... I've always Founder puns to be quite clever.
  • daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I'm gonna get me a few pit-bullies...

Now where have I heard that before???

:cool:
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • sharpie65sharpie65 Member Posts: 679 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    drreverend wrote: »
    But honestly, the Science EARTHQUAKE power and Engineers calling down lightning and thunder on their enemies sounds more spectacular...

...Because there's some demented part of my brain that wants to equip my Away Team with these powers and try and summon Captain Planet (or Captain Galaxy, I guess).

You, my friend, have just made my day! :D
    MXeSfqV.jpg
  • khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    edited June 2015
    The number of favours we receive for missions has been increased this year. :)

https://twitter.com/BorticusCryptic/status/605820667833913344
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • makocallowaymakocalloway Member Posts: 455 Arc User
    edited June 2015

Huzzah! Let the summer awesomeness commence!
    5rFUCPd.png

• gavinrunebladegavinruneblade Member Posts: 3,894 Arc User
    edited June 2015

*cheers for borticus*
  • agentexeideragentexeider Member Posts: 180 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    @Trendy,

I have a HUGE question cuz it's spooky, but what was the ORIGINAL reason the Vulcan board was made, was it ever intended to be released? and if so, what was the original reason?

The reason why I ask is because it was in game last year before Nimoy died, cuz it seems spooky that it was in the game, then he died and now has a memorial board after him? Did anyone at PWE or Cryptic know or get a heads up on it or something?

SO if you could ask the devs Trendy, or if you know, please answer, it would take the creep out of my spine...
  • hamishmacdoogalhamishmacdoogal Member Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    brighamg wrote: »
    Anyone know what dating website risa uses, that female klingy looks so cools and so ...

Yup. Horga'hn.com
    and it comes with a handy idol app.
  • hamishmacdoogalhamishmacdoogal Member Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    @Trendy,

I have a HUGE question cuz it's spooky, but what was the ORIGINAL reason the Vulcan board was made, was it ever intended to be released? and if so, what was the original reason?

The reason why I ask is because it was in game last year before Nimoy died, cuz it seems spooky that it was in the game, then he died and now has a memorial board after him? Did anyone at PWE or Cryptic know or get a heads up on it or something?

SO if you could ask the devs Trendy, or if you know, please answer, it would take the creep out of my spine...

You can take the creep out.
    The vulcan salute board was a spoof of the Body Glove surfwear logo.
  • tigrovaya13akulatigrovaya13akula Member Posts: 151 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Am I mistaken, or do those "bunnies" have fangs? :eek:

"I warned you ... it's just a harmless lil' bunny in'it?"

:D:D:D
  • porygonx1porygonx1 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Still one day hoping to have water guns and water balloons... :rolleyes:
  • gerwalk0769gerwalk0769 Member Posts: 1,095 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Cryptic,

I'd love more Risan doffs and items that can be used off Risa. I'm not a Risa items collector unless I can use it in game and off planet. The only item that grabs my interest and will be worthy of my limited inventory this year is the science module.

Thanks
    Joined STO in September 2010.
  • makocallowaymakocalloway Member Posts: 455 Arc User
    edited June 2015

Oh well done. another good quote op I missed dang it.
    5rFUCPd.png

• leviathan99#2867 leviathan99 Member Posts: 7,747 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    With all this talk about Latinum, I'd expect a polished metallic hull option. Is that a possibility?

Incidentally, outside of event ships like this, pure polished metal hulls might seem silly... But metallhic/chrome latinum versions of the lighter ship decals seem like they'd be a good idea for the Latinum store.

A Galaxy class coated completely in gold would look silly. But with thin gold stripes or a thin stripe around the saucer, it would look suitably striking, I think.
  • trillbuffettrillbuffet Member Posts: 861 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    With all this talk about Latinum, I'd expect a polished metallic hull option. Is that a possibility?

Incidentally, outside of event ships like this, pure polished metal hulls might seem silly... But metallhic/chrome latinum versions of the lighter ship decals seem like they'd be a good idea for the Latinum store.

A Galaxy class coated completely in gold would look silly. But with thin gold stripes or a thin stripe around the saucer, it would look suitably striking, I think.

Funniest thing would be a pink vor'cha or D7 lol :D
  • pittpenguin123pittpenguin123 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    is that BTTF 2 pit bull? im sorry targ hog. and its 2015 nice nice referance

is there a gana be a pink board two i want one plz
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Space: the final frontier. These are the voyages of the starship Omega. Its five-year mission: to protect federation space or to explore strange new worlds, to seek out new life and new civilizations; to boldly go where no man has gone before.
  • gavinrunebladegavinruneblade Member Posts: 3,894 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Funniest thing would be a pink vor'cha or D7 lol :D

There was a fabulously pink b'rel on tribble recently thanks to the new ship color palette we're getting.
  • captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Do males get the option for different amounts of chest hair for the shirts? Not everyone would have Austin Powers level of chest hair, and some even shave their chests.
  • grifithrkvgrifithrkv Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    the choice marks after trade birds and monkeys will have option to iconian marks??? Dont appear the option now.
  • talientalien Member Posts: 712 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    So....which Caracal is which? There's no preview in game.
  • capnmanxcapnmanx Member Posts: 1,452 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    With the Summer Festival on Risa right around the corner, Captains can expect a whole new set of rewards to celebrate the summer with! From Aloha shirts, to the insanely-adorable Caracal, we have tons of fun in store for Captains this Thursday!

Seriously. The Caracal is frackin' adorable.

~LaughingTrendy

Confirmed. Caracal's are frackin' adorable. :D

Don't stare into their eyes though; it's... mesmerizing. And a little creepy.
  • capnmanxcapnmanx Member Posts: 1,452 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    talien wrote: »
    So....which Caracal is which? There's no preview in game.
    Blue = Dusk
    Purple = Midnight
    White = Moonglow
    Black = Pitch

Moonglow and pitch are lobi store. Dusk and Midnight can be bought at the vendor near the beam in site.
  • perico#0789 perico Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    just got the Aloha shirt and was very happy I can show off my bare chest in ESD....but came to find out it puts it under the swim wear section so can only be used in Risa, the dev blog clearly says it's off duty item, and the info window on the shirt ALSO stated that it can only be used in off Duty outfit slot, which is misleading, it can ONLY be used as Risa zone swim wear
  • kimonykimony Member Posts: 571 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    perico1974 wrote: »
    just got the Aloha shirt and was very happy I can show off my bare chest in ESD....but came to find out it puts it under the swim wear section so can only be used in Risa, the dev blog clearly says it's off duty item, and the info window on the shirt ALSO stated that it can only be used in off Duty outfit slot, which is misleading, it can ONLY be used as Risa zone swim wear

It's coming.. See here:
    http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=24168781&postcount=1531

#SaucersForever #TrianglesCutDeep #TeamBeta #ShipOneisNumberOne
  • crypticrockcrypticrock Member Posts: 120 Cryptic Developer
    edited June 2015
    I've seen multiple threads asking about the Targ H.O.G Mini-Powerboard's speed compared to Superior Powerboards. The Targ H.O.G.'s stats are currently bugged.

The base speed should be (and will be once the fix goes to you all) 60 - the same as a Superior Powerboard. The turn rate will be 150, which is higher than a Superior Powerboard. While it isn't shown, the H.O.G's Inertia (ability to start/stop) is lower than a Superior Powerboard.

So, Mini-Powerboard = higher turn rate, lower start/stop capability.
  • kylelockekylelocke Member Posts: 182 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Huh...still no budgie smugglers/speedos
    "I will make the Orion Syndicate face the light of justice or burn them with it." - Captainl Kyle Nathaniel Locke, U.S.S. Excalibur NCC-98105-C
  • tinkerstormtinkerstorm Member Posts: 853 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I've seen multiple threads asking about the Targ H.O.G Mini-Powerboard's speed compared to Superior Powerboards. The Targ H.O.G.'s stats are currently bugged.

The base speed should be (and will be once the fix goes to you all) 60 - the same as a Superior Powerboard. The turn rate will be 150, which is higher than a Superior Powerboard. While it isn't shown, the H.O.G's Inertia (ability to start/stop) is lower than a Superior Powerboard.

So, Mini-Powerboard = higher turn rate, lower start/stop capability.
    Good going, Junior. That going to create a lot of rage now that everyone has the board. But given Cryptic's reputation, no one should be overly surprised by this latest show of incompetence.