What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Login Access Issues [5/26]

Comments

• Options
    astro2244astro2244 Member Posts: 623 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Well, clarification being that the server didn't die completely. We just were seeing some errors popping up on the ObjectDB and we needed to take that down in order to ensure that no bigger issues come up.

While we're waiting did you ever get to compile the Reddit Q&A Trendy?
    [SIGPIC]583px-Romulan_Star_Empire_logo%2C_2379.svg.png
    [/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    belidosbelidos Member Posts: 452 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    xraiderv1 wrote: »
    *resets solitare game and deals himself his 12th hand* oh the good old days when we had only ourselves to blame for the hardware not working right...anyone remember blowing into their nintendo consoles for hours on end just to get in all of 10 minutes of time with super mario?

Ha, I've played more solitaire in the last hour than I have in my life :D
  • Options
    pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    astro2244 wrote: »
    While we're waiting did you ever get to compile the Reddit Q&A Trendy?
    Yeah, actually since I just got back from my lunch (watched a DS9 episode and had some fud) I'm going through compiling that. I'll be working on that right now.
  • Options
    divvydavedivvydave Member Posts: 184 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    iconians wrote: »
    Server stability was no longer up to the standards of quality for STO and was removed to make the game better.

LMAO. good one :)
  • Options
    tucana66tucana66 Member Posts: 710 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    sylkrode wrote: »
    It's just this simple; Cryptic needs to stop (or at least take a break from) hiring shiny new voice talents and start putting some of it's allegedly massive profits into getting the game back into fighting shape; starting with bigger, more advanced severs.
    Servers, yes. More big iron. More processing power. (Provided the network architecture is capable of handling the increased data/traffic from more players accessing the game.)

Severs, well... I think we've had enough severs. Best that we stay connected, not severed. :D
  • Options
    xtern1tyxtern1ty Member Posts: 796 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Somewhere..., in the Macroverse, people are having a laugh at us while we wait for the Server(s) to be up and running.

Well, maybe we're all just waiting...
  • Options
    coulomb2coulomb2 Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Yep, I was!

As was I. I rather liked that character from DS9.

Of course, if I had a penny for every time I saw someone assume that because they don't like or care about something nobody does (or if they want something, everyone must want it to), I'd have enough money to pay off the US national debt.
  • Options
    takegurutakeguru Member Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    kimony wrote: »
    8. Network administrators Jenga tower collapses injuring 3 and disabling the servers.
    P

The servers are the jenga blocks, correct?
  • Options
    jorantomalakjorantomalak Member Posts: 7,133 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Well looks like the hamsters are dead again youd think cryptic would learn how to treat thier server hamsters.

So while we wait for a new batch of redshirted server hamster why not sit back and enjoy the forum :)
  • Options
    belidosbelidos Member Posts: 452 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    noshuffle wrote: »
    They do !!! It has been pointed out by us, users of the game, that with each major update, the servers became more and more unstable. It has been asked by us to do something about those issues, whether it's getting new servers or even changing from provider/congent. No matter what and how much work it would bring along, the situation as it is now can't go on anylonger.

Oh my god my exhaust fell off, I've been telling my mechanic for ages there was an engine problem, if only they'd fixed my engine the exhaust wouldn't have fallen off.

:eek:
  • Options
    sylkrodesylkrode Member Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    tucana66 wrote: »
    Servers, yes. More big iron. More processing power. (Provided the network architecture is capable of handling the increased data/traffic from more players accessing the game.)

Severs, well... I think we've had enough severs. Best that we stay connected, not severed. :D

Good catch. Can I hire you as a proofreader?
  • Options
    otisnobleotisnoble Member Posts: 1,290 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    It seems like every time the server goes down the nurses take my blood pressure and try to take away my coffee, is it any wonder I get Hyper.
    Fleet Admiral Stephen
  • Options
    tfomegatfomega Member Posts: 812 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    kimony wrote: »
    Top Ten Reasons The Server is Down...

10. Hamster's, still on last years calendar, thought today was a holiday.

9. Somebody repeated the word "Gecko" 3 times

8. Network administrators Jenga tower collapses injuring 3 and disabling the servers.

7. Even the servers are tired of the grinding

6. In a freak occurrance, all the random discoonnects occur simultaneously.

5. Server stuck in PVP queue

4. Server was bought with Zen BEFORE probation ended and is now bound to character.

3. Player spent Lobi on Dyson Science Destroyer, server died laughing.

2. Server went looking for Sulu

And the #1 reason the server is down..

1. Iconians... The pixelated kind.

:P

#7 was my favorite because the server shares the sentiments of many people who have left STO as well as those who are also tired of it but are still playing. Except in the server case, it is due to bad code :)

I AM NOT A FAN OF PWE!!!!
    MEMBER SINCE JANUARY 2010
  • Options
    giannicampanellagiannicampanella Member Posts: 424 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    STO is down? Time to do the usual and play this over and over and over...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aODCCT482yw
    Greenbird
  • Options
    cdnhawkcdnhawk Member Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Due to the overwhelming number of complaints regarding the game server, it has been removed from the game until such time as it can be successfully rebalanced. It is scheduled to be reintroduced with the Season 16 update. :D
  • Options
    thebluerabbitthebluerabbit Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2015

My dog would like to have a word with you.
  • Options
    teshnakteshnak Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    lots of systems getting TRIBBLE to collect data. (don't know why because idiots use facebook)
    maybe that is going on here and they are trying to catch it before it happens?
    just keeping it real.
  • Options
    kimonykimony Member Posts: 571 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    There are some episodes of Space:1999 on YouTube to help pass time.

First episode:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0cq7isloJj8&list=PLP094AJQsW6dqRuXjwVbRL-7FOKp2F3Ic

:)

#SaucersForever #TrianglesCutDeep #TeamBeta #ShipOneisNumberOne
  • Options
    discordwhoovediscordwhoove Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    teshnak wrote: »
    lots of systems getting TRIBBLE to collect data. (don't know why because idiots use facebook)
    just keeping it real.

or lets be reasonable and say the server hamsters are trying to stage a mutiny.
    Janeway: "Commander, set a new course. There's coffee in that nebula."
    princess_luna__animated_signature__by_c3fear-d4xcdac.gif
  • Options
    cidjackcidjack Member Posts: 2,017 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    teshnak wrote: »
    just keeping it real.

So this is an attack on Cryptic to steal our personal data? Are you trying to get everyone to pull out tin foil hats and scream doom?
    Armada: Multiplying fleet projects in need of dilithium by 13."
    95bced8038c91ec6f880d510e6fd302f366a776c4c5761e5f7931d491667a45e.jpgvia Imgflip Meme Generator
  • Options
    xtern1tyxtern1ty Member Posts: 796 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    belidos wrote: »
    Oh my god my exhaust fell off, I've been telling my mechanic for ages there was an engine problem, if only they'd fixed my engine the exhaust wouldn't have fallen off.

:eek:

Your mechanic called and said you need a new transmission. The price is 500k zen and a dozen Om nam Shiva's lol.

...and halfway through a blackout is the part where the STO fanbase waits for love...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EAMDXUFQkLs

remember folks, you heard her here first!
  • Options
    c1cer0c1cer0 Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Server down...that s a surprise..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KMhp2ShPVQw
  • Options
    teshnakteshnak Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    if you must use a tin foil hat.... just be secure with your data... was just a suggestion lots of data mining going on recently and yes I understand about the hamsters but I do keep it real.
  • Options
    devilment666devilment666 Member Posts: 112 Arc User
    edited May 2015

Pssh! Server down? You need to get Picard and Riker on the case.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vgQidVzdneE
  • Options
    tfomegatfomega Member Posts: 812 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    too bad they didn't have the thursday patch ready.. would be nice just to have an early maintenance period this week instead of the game going down on thursday too. bwahaha what was I thinking.

I AM NOT A FAN OF PWE!!!!
    MEMBER SINCE JANUARY 2010
  • Options
    khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    edited May 2015
    Yeah, actually since I just got back from my lunch (watched a DS9 episode and had some fud) I'm going through compiling that. I'll be working on that right now.

In Scotland that sentence means something totally different. I'm crippled with laughter right now. :P
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • Options
    kawasakizx10rrkawasakizx10rr Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    It,s back up :)
    yEt6JSa.gifMEANWHILE AT THE CRYPTIC HEADQUARTERS
  • Options
    pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Holodeck is back up! We're sorry about the inconvenience! Your ship is ready and our latest blog about the Summer Event is coming shortly!
This discussion has been closed.