Comments

• Options
    laferrari1laferrari1 Member Posts: 434 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    nandospc wrote: »
    "The server is unavailable at this time."
    http://i.imgur.com/LpO3EqI.png

:eek:

25% progress has been done to hack ur account.

Now I need just to discover password, email, email's password and done!
    I need to get to him. I can't just leave him out there alone. - Sometimes you've got to makes sacrifices, Lara. You can't save everyone. - I know about sacrifices. - No, you know about loss. Sacrifice is a choice you make. Loss is a choice made for you. - I can't choose to let him die, Roth.
  • Options
    zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,764 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Remember... tribbles always come in pairs.

They do not. It's either one hungry tribble or One million, seven hundred seventy-one thousand, five hundred sixty-one. But never two tribbles.
    f5cc65bc8f3b91f963e328314df7c48d.jpg
    Sig? What sig? I don't see any sig.
  • Options
    xtern1tyxtern1ty Member Posts: 796 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Its a test by cryptic.. they had to do something about daily forum log in numbers and that is the best way to bring em back to green.

See it as Delta Forum Recruitment.

Lol. You can see how many active players were on by adding up all the thread commenters during the first 15 minutes and multiplying by 100. Only about 10% of players check into game forums and of those only .10% are forum regulars supposedly.
  • Options
    horizons2052horizons2052 Member Posts: 184 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I wish the people who are in charge of the smooth operation of this game would take their jobs more seriously and with a better sense of urgency.

All the jokes about Tribbles and Assimilation are stupid and childish. We are customers and deserve more respect than that.

This is a product I have invested time and money into, I would appreciate it if they would take a bit more seriously. I thought they were trying to run a business...

Imagine going to your local grocery store to buy some milk, you get there and there is no milk of any kind or quantity. You go to ask an employee about the milk shortage and he quips back at you, "Those silly cows." I do not think you would be a satisfied customer.
  • Options
    orion0029orion0029 Member Posts: 1,122 Bug Hunter
    edited May 2015
    Alright. Apparently they're going to be resetting some technical thing about a process. They're telling me the cycling plus a white glove check will be approximately 2 hours down time.

'white glove check'? :eek:

Does this mean the server is getting a Prostate Exam? :P
  • Options
    iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I wish the people who are in charge of the smooth operation of this game would take their jobs more seriously and with a better sense of urgency.

All the jokes about Tribbles and Assimilation are stupid and childish. We are customers and deserve more respect than that.

This is a product I have invested time and money into, I would appreciate it if they would take a bit more seriously. I thought they were trying to run a business...

Imagine going to your local grocery store to buy some milk, you get there and there is no milk of any kind or quantity. You go to ask an employee about the milk shortage and he quips back at you, "Those silly cows." I do not think you would be a satisfied customer.

Video games are serious business.
    orion0029 wrote: »

No, I think it means we are.
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • Options
    opzulu6opzulu6 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I was like hmm maybe its me and reboot my router and then I come back and nope its cold and dead...so much for the voth ground control battles
  • Options
    vern1701vern1701 Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Alright. Apparently they're going to be resetting some technical thing about a process. They're telling me the cycling plus a white glove check will be approximately 2 hours down time.

It would have been nice to get advanced warning. Also, this could not wait until regular maintenance on Thursday?
  • Options
    tfomegatfomega Member Posts: 812 Arc User
    edited May 2015

^^what he said. seriously.. I would have been fired long ago if my servers went down like this. Easiest paycheck in the world!

I AM NOT A FAN OF PWE!!!!
    MEMBER SINCE JANUARY 2010
  • Options
    captainpugwash1captainpugwash1 Member Posts: 908 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Down for 2 hours mmmm better not let the wife no she will want to go out,,,,,,,,
  • Options
    sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    edited May 2015

moo moo go boo boo :(
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• Options
    jorstojorsto Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    That was bound to happen.

Not enough successful Bug Hunt missions, some of those bugs must have infiltrated the login servers.

Good luck!
  • Options
    kimonykimony Member Posts: 571 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    orion0029 wrote: »

Hmm.. no wonder they can't get it back up.

;)

#SaucersForever #TrianglesCutDeep #TeamBeta #ShipOneisNumberOne
  • Options
    majortiraomegamajortiraomega Member Posts: 2,214 Arc User
    edited May 2015

Welcome to the internet, where hardware and networking failure can happen regardless of how many backups are in place. The world hasn't reached a point where online services are immune to all forms of system failures. Get over yourself and deal with it; the only thing we can do is joke around and laugh about the current situation.
    --->Ground PvP Concerns Directory 4.0
    --->Ground Combat General Bugs Directory
    Real join date: March 2012 / PvP Veteran since May 2012 (Ground and Space)
  • Options
    zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,764 Arc User
    edited May 2015

Thanks for the update, T.
    f5cc65bc8f3b91f963e328314df7c48d.jpg
    Sig? What sig? I don't see any sig.
  • Options
    tasshenatasshena Member Posts: 529 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    vern1701 wrote: »
    It would have been nice to get advanced warning. Also, this could not wait until regular maintenance on Thursday?

If there was already a problem, it might be a matter of 'shut down now' or 'hard crash and lose a bit because a backup had to be used'. Just depends on the issue.
  • Options
    mepishitophelesmepishitopheles Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    yes the game does put people out but its not the worst glitch there is worst like not being able to make beam weapons tech upgrades or use your own R&D labs at all there are other glitches that are just as important to be fix but never are, like having to wait to load every character on login screen in order to get the game to login on just one character let-alone all of them ?? !! argg !!!, or have a timeout.. maybe an entire re-look at the update process and there effectiveness would be better than updates that stuff people over. food for thought
  • Options
    nickdeamrco019nickdeamrco019 Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited May 2015

It seemed on my end that the STO wasn't right all day . It was a bit laggy and I had to add items twice during R&D , was I the only one with more tham normal issues today ?:confused:
  • Options
    pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    vern1701 wrote: »
    Apparently it was either they take it down for an emergency cycling, or there would be big problems.
  • Options
    tfomegatfomega Member Posts: 812 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Welcome to the internet, where hardware and networking failure can happen regardless of how many backups are in place. The world hasn't reached a point where online services are immune to all forms of system failures. Get over yourself and deal with it; the only thing we can do is joke around and laugh about the current situation.

The term you are looking for and can't find is called redundancy. I can give you a few pointers for high availability and uptime if you wish.

I AM NOT A FAN OF PWE!!!!
    MEMBER SINCE JANUARY 2010
  • Options
    vakna4837vakna4837 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Server went down when I was in the middle of a cut scene in the Borg story.. I HATE CLIFFHANGERS
  • Options
    solidshatnersolidshatner Member Posts: 390 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Think Ill watch Picard - Game Of Thrones reaction vids while I wait . . .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tSjVvAkUoiU
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    alexhaydenalexhayden Member Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited May 2015

2 hours?

No!!! I won't go back!!!! You don't know what it's like in my universe. The family are everywhere!!! I'll have to..'talk'...to them. You've gotta help me!!!
  • Options
    orion0029orion0029 Member Posts: 1,122 Bug Hunter
    edited May 2015
    Eh, no worries, it's actually healthy for people to take a break from gaming every now and then too...

Safety first, take your time. :)

I'll be back later, going for coffee...
  • Options
    peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    xtern1ty wrote: »
    Lol. You can see how many active players were on by adding up all the thread commenters during the first 15 minutes and multiplying by 100. Only about 10% of players check into game forums and of those only .10% are forum regulars supposedly.

The playerbase and especially the publisher is now assured that STO's Delta Forums are the best forums ever and the users love them. :)
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • Options
    boggiexyzboggiexyz Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    no hamsters were injured during this freakish downtime....
  • Options
    captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    iconians wrote: »
    Something happened in STO's server?

Icantlogins.

You might have to update your bottom picture. :)
  • Options
    deomagnisdeomagnis Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    just wondering if this is a technical problem or a ddos attack....
    Past successes are never a guarantee for future ones
  • Options
    xtern1tyxtern1ty Member Posts: 796 Arc User
    edited May 2015

Good to know Trendy, thanks!

For all of you in the waiting room, here's some soothing music to keep you entertained meanwhile. Enjoy! ;)
  • Options
    majortiraomegamajortiraomega Member Posts: 2,214 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    tfomega wrote: »
    The term you are looking for and can't find is called redundancy. I can give you a few pointers for high availability and uptime if you wish.

Operating game servers are fairly different from operating database or web servers as you well know. Every game company is plagued with this problem and redundancy does help. However, there are several critical memory leaks in STO and there's little the networking team can do about that as they aren't programmers.
    --->Ground PvP Concerns Directory 4.0
    --->Ground Combat General Bugs Directory
    Real join date: March 2012 / PvP Veteran since May 2012 (Ground and Space)
This discussion has been closed.