Options

Radiant Detonation Module

1235»

Comments

• Options
    praxi5praxi5 Member Posts: 1,562 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    Didn't fully believe it, until Bort mentioned his 'echo chamber', and thus confirmed it.

To make the existence of PvP less toxic towards PvE?

Bort also told us Ionic was working as intended, only to have Geko tell us that it's not at all. He's not infallible, as I suspect we'll see again with the Particle Manipulator changes. Further, that quote is in the context of saying that when we talk about how OP things are in this subforum, it's an echo chamber because we're all saying the same thing - in that same post, he suggests posting our thoughts in a more appropriate section where it's more appropriate, since we all (mostly) agree on things here. Hence echo chamber.

Let's ignore the past and everything else and focus on this one ability.

Why do you think that it shouldn't be changed? This thread is fill of videos, large amounts of anecdotal evidence (useless when viewed singularly, but powerful when there are many instances), and hard numbers of why it's overpowered.

What use does it hold in PvE? Which NPCs are using which buffs, and why is it difficult to resist/overcome those buffs with normal, readily available abilities? Further, why do you need a defense against those buffs (via buff stripping) so often, compared to the cool downs of your standard defensive measures or SNB?
  • Options
    meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    praxi5 wrote: »
    Why do you think that it shouldn't be changed? This thread is fill of videos, large amounts of anecdotal evidence (useless when viewed singularly, but powerful when there are many instances), and hard numbers of why it's overpowered.

What use does it hold in PvE? Which NPCs are using which buffs, and why is it difficult to resist/overcome those buffs with normal, readily available abilities? Further, why do you need a defense against those buffs (via buff stripping) so often, compared to the cool downs of your standard defensive measures or SNB?

We're at cross-purposes here, I think. I don't have Tier 3 yet. And while I generally don't like nerfs, I wasn't commenting on Radiant Detonation Module at all. :) Just on Bort's comment that the PvP forum is his 'echo chamber'.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    praxi5praxi5 Member Posts: 1,562 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    We're at cross-purposes here, I think. I don't have Tier 3 yet. And while I generally don't like nerfs, I wasn't commenting on Radiant Detonation Module at all. :) Just on Bort's comment that the PvP forum is his 'echo chamber'.

That statement is analogous to him jumping onto one of the DPS channels and being like "Hey guys, using AMP and the Nukara Offense is good for DPS!"

It's an echo chamber in that everyone already knows what's being said, and that it's fairly obvious to them.

Just like complaints about the T3/4 Ico Rep are being lost in the "echo chamber" here, since we already agree/know how OP it is.
  • Options
    bobs1111bobs1111 Member Posts: 471 Arc User
    edited May 2015

I don't think that word means what you think it means. :)

He was making fun of us not saying he was listening.

If they listened to the PvP community the game wouldn't be junk... and we would still be playing.

You can't blame us for changes to the game anymore. (not that you ever could). With very few exceptions there aren't any Hardcore PvP players left. Some of us may pop our heads in to get a chuckle now and then, where hardly effecting change.

You already agreed with one of my earlier posts... Cryptic overpowers everything new on purpose to sell it. If your still upset about things like Surgical don't blame us. Blame cryptic they gave it to you fully knowing it was way over powered and you would go and spend $$$ to have it. They always intended to "Fix" it when the next batch of ships you are expected to buy came around.
  • Options
    sysil84sysil84 Member Posts: 207 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    bobs1111 wrote: »
    You already agreed with one of my earlier posts... Cryptic overpowers everything new on purpose to sell it. If your still upset about things like Surgical don't blame us. Blame cryptic they gave it to you fully knowing it was way over powered and you would go and spend $$$ to have it. They always intended to "Fix" it when the next batch of ships you are expected to buy came around.

It's cyclic. Cryptic comes out with new stuff that is untested and overpowered. They sell a ton of it. PvP people, the ones most affected by this OP stuff complain. Cryptic, a couple of months down the line when sales have leveled, fixes the OP stuff. PvE players blame PvP players for the "nerf".

Cryptic comes up with new OP stuff to sell. Etc.

Except the cycle will eventually break because they'll be no more PvP players, and then PvE players will be happy with their OP abilities. Until Cryptic adds these abilities to NPCs. Then the PvE players will moan and cry for nerfs.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    sysil84 wrote: »
    Except the cycle will eventually break because they'll be no more PvP players, and then PvE players will be happy with their OP abilities. Until Cryptic adds these abilities to NPCs. Then the PvE players will moan and cry for nerfs.

This would assume that it is the complaining of PvP players that gets things fixed. That is simply not true. Nothing that has ever been fixed has been fixed for ANY player in this game. It is also not true that stuff is released untested. Our complaining is just a symptom of there Sales Cycle. We can complain for weeks days or months about something it doesn't change the release schedule, which alone determines the fix date of the old stuffz.

Cryptic fully understands exactly how broken things are when they are released. What I find funny is that people honestly believe Cryptic is so incompetent they don't understand how powerful EVERY single new thing they release is. If it was ONE thing in a sea of 100s of stuffz that was oops overpowered I would agree. Its not one thing though its pretty much everything... with the odd flop. The odd lobi piece here and there that sucks and doesn't sell... those are the real F ups. They where intended to be OP to someone at Cryptic simply misjudged how good they would be.

We are already at the point where PvE players are finally realizing PvP players aren't to blame. Take the poster that woke us up here for an afternoon. They don't want to admit to themselves that the only people to blame for there toys getting smacked down work for Cryptic. It is far easier to blame other players then it is to realize the company you have been handing $ to is evil.
  • Options
    laferrari1laferrari1 Member Posts: 434 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    deokkent wrote: »
    LoL exclusive ear lmao hahahaha. Oh man, thank you for that one meimeitoo. Really good! :D

Hint for you deok: If you read his post backwards it makes more sense!
    I need to get to him. I can't just leave him out there alone. - Sometimes you've got to makes sacrifices, Lara. You can't save everyone. - I know about sacrifices. - No, you know about loss. Sacrifice is a choice you make. Loss is a choice made for you. - I can't choose to let him die, Roth.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    bobs1111 wrote: »
    This would assume that it is the complaining of PvP players that gets things fixed. That is simply not true. Nothing that has ever been fixed has been fixed for ANY player in this game. It is also not true that stuff is released untested. Our complaining is just a symptom of there Sales Cycle. We can complain for weeks days or months about something it doesn't change the release schedule, which alone determines the fix date of the old stuffz.

Cryptic fully understands exactly how broken things are when they are released. What I find funny is that people honestly believe Cryptic is so incompetent they don't understand how powerful EVERY single new thing they release is. If it was ONE thing in a sea of 100s of stuffz that was oops overpowered I would agree. Its not one thing though its pretty much everything... with the odd flop. The odd lobi piece here and there that sucks and doesn't sell... those are the real F ups. They where intended to be OP to someone at Cryptic simply misjudged how good they would be.

We are already at the point where PvE players are finally realizing PvP players aren't to blame. Take the poster that woke us up here for an afternoon. They don't want to admit to themselves that the only people to blame for there toys getting smacked down work for Cryptic. It is far easier to blame other players then it is to realize the company you have been handing $ to is evil.

Your negativity and cynisism is an inspiration to me :D
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    sysil84 wrote: »
    Your negativity and cynisism is an inspiration to me :D

Thank you... and bow.

Really though they are just following tried and tested practices. Apple does the same thing. Release something new... release some killer new app that makes the old version run like bunk on a stick. Everyone buys new gadget, the children in China rejoice... wait 4-5 months rinse and repeat.

The folks at Microjunkers used to pull the same trick until the small folk caught on and just kept running 20 year old Operating systems.

Seems like it will be awhile before the apple nerds catch on... and goodness help the trek nerds there a lost cause. lmao
  • Options
    baldguywithacapebaldguywithacape Member Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    This just became an Apple vs. Windows war.

Whatever. Why are PVE-only players here? Why do they care? One can complete an elite queue with MK IX gear quite easily. This doesn't affect them. If they can't kill computer generated mobs with no strategy or buffs that are designed to lose, is that really PVP's fault?
  • Options
    edited May 2015
  • Options
    kamipoikamipoi Member Posts: 365 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    and this is why the devs do not come to talk about things with us because none of you will be civil to them

its a game you like it or you dont if oyu take your ire out on a dev then they move to another portion of their job and ignore communication.

as the devs of eve would say harden the blank up .
  • Options
    blahhdreyblahhdrey Member Posts: 313 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    kamipoi wrote: »
    and this is why the devs do not come to talk about things with us because none of you will be civil to them

its a game you like it or you dont if oyu take your ire out on a dev then they move to another portion of their job and ignore communication.

After years of complete neglect you'll have to excuse anybody who has PvP'ed much in STO for their lack of faith in the future of PvP development.
    dEpN3nB.png?1
  • Options
    illcadiaillcadia Member Posts: 1,412 Bug Hunter
    edited May 2015
    blahhdrey wrote: »
    After years of complete neglect you'll have to excuse anybody who has PvP'ed much in STO for their lack of faith in the future of PvP development.

Lack of faith doesn't mean you have to be a repulsive toxic individual towards people who are actually doing their jobs and trying to make the game better. The devs aren't a monolithic block of anti-STO hate, they've had lots of changeovers in who is making the decisions and who actually gets to do what they need to do. The current internal political landscape at Cryptic today is vastly different from what it was even six months ago, and it shows in the work they're doing and the issues they're choosing to address.

But no, no, let's pretend they're literally satan and it's our driving imperative to prove just how morally bankrupt we are as human beings. I'm sure that'll get us what we want.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    illcadia wrote: »
    The current internal political landscape at Cryptic today is vastly different from what it was even six months ago, and it shows in the work they're doing and the issues they're choosing to address.

You say things have changed. I have not seen anything that would lead me to believe this is true.

I'd like to know what the devs have done to make you believe things will get better.
  • Options
    bwemobwemo Member Posts: 257 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    kamipoi wrote: »

Actually, we were, over the course of 4-5 years, quite civil with them. Around the 19th broken promise about pvp updates is when people started to see the light at the end of the tunnel.

I can sit here, pulling multiple threads up over multiple issues ranging from f2p to season 5/6 where Borticus is fully active in multiple threads in DISCUSSION. Not just pop in, lay down the law, throw around some insults, then vanish back to his dev cave (but still post on reddit constantly cuz its all smiles and rainbows over there). His tone went from "Things should be balanced, show me imbalance and I will take a look at it" to "You're all posting in the wrong forum, its no wonder nothing ever gets changed and you all continue to sit here in this echo chamber."

Thats just the thing though. This subforum is an echo chamber. Sure every so often you'll see a slight disagreement between parties over x power, or some forum pew because the pvp in game is so bad we have to make it up some where else. Bort can literally read over the opinions of this subforum in 15 minutes tops, half the time just by reading the name of the posts topic. I've even heard from some insider information that the PvP forums is the subject of water cooler discussions at cryptic, mostly "Hey look at what theyre complaining about now" style comments. They hear us. They see our complaints. If they played the game on anything but their isolated 5 man dev test server that seems to cause more harm than good, they'd see our complaints in action. But they don't, they won't, and to be frank, they shouldn't be expected to. This game is about a revolving door of new players, not hardcore long term players like the pvp community is mostly made of. We've been shafted over, and over...we've been insulted over, and over....and you think that we should still be all smiles and rainbows. Sorry bud, this aint r/sto. We actually have opinions here.

This isn't to say all the devs are bad. There are people like Mr. Heinig who, in my opinion, should be running the show based on interactions I've had with him in OPvP. However the Borticus we knew 3-4 years ago is long gone, as with him Hawk (any chance of powers rebalance) and Gozer (any chance of pvp rebalance) no longer being with the company, the group of PvPers left (if there are any actually in game for pvp, not rp/pve) are essentially up a creek without a paddle at this point. Maybe that can explain why we appear so "aggressive" all the time.
  • Options
    captainf00kcaptainf00k Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    bwemo wrote: »
    Actually, we were, over the course of 4-5 years, quite civil with them. Around the 19th broken promise about pvp updates is when people started to see the light at the end of the tunnel.

I can sit here, pulling multiple threads up over multiple issues ranging from f2p to season 5/6 where Borticus is fully active in multiple threads in DISCUSSION. Not just pop in, lay down the law, throw around some insults, then vanish back to his dev cave (but still post on reddit constantly cuz its all smiles and rainbows over there). His tone went from "Things should be balanced, show me imbalance and I will take a look at it" to "You're all posting in the wrong forum, its no wonder nothing ever gets changed and you all continue to sit here in this echo chamber."

Thats just the thing though. This subforum is an echo chamber. Sure every so often you'll see a slight disagreement between parties over x power, or some forum pew because the pvp in game is so bad we have to make it up some where else. Bort can literally read over the opinions of this subforum in 15 minutes tops, half the time just by reading the name of the posts topic. I've even heard from some insider information that the PvP forums is the subject of water cooler discussions at cryptic, mostly "Hey look at what theyre complaining about now" style comments. They hear us. They see our complaints. If they played the game on anything but their isolated 5 man dev test server that seems to cause more harm than good, they'd see our complaints in action. But they don't, they won't, and to be frank, they shouldn't be expected to. This game is about a revolving door of new players, not hardcore long term players like the pvp community is mostly made of. We've been shafted over, and over...we've been insulted over, and over....and you think that we should still be all smiles and rainbows. Sorry bud, this aint r/sto. We actually have opinions here.

This isn't to say all the devs are bad. There are people like Mr. Heinig who, in my opinion, should be running the show based on interactions I've had with him in OPvP. However the Borticus we knew 3-4 years ago is long gone, as with him Hawk (any chance of powers rebalance) and Gozer (any chance of pvp rebalance) no longer being with the company, the group of PvPers left (if there are any actually in game for pvp, not rp/pve) are essentially up a creek without a paddle at this point. Maybe that can explain why we appear so "aggressive" all the time.

What's up Pandas. :) I see it's still SUPPER BOSTED!!!
    RHINO | SAD PANDAS
  • Options
    brandonflbrandonfl Member Posts: 892
    edited May 2015
    What's up Pandas. :) I see it's still SUPPER BOSTED!!!

STO will always be supper bosted
    LOLSTO
  • Options
    laferrari1laferrari1 Member Posts: 434 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    nandospc wrote: »
    Idk if someone already posted this but, you know, just fyi

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=23721711&postcount=32

That's good to know, even if they really need to stop caring PvE for a while and focus on PvP once and for all.
    I need to get to him. I can't just leave him out there alone. - Sometimes you've got to makes sacrifices, Lara. You can't save everyone. - I know about sacrifices. - No, you know about loss. Sacrifice is a choice you make. Loss is a choice made for you. - I can't choose to let him die, Roth.
  • Options
    usshannibalusshannibal Member Posts: 379 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    bwemo wrote: »

+1 Reply, No game in this world can be persistent if its leading dev team does not draw on feedbacks and reports of its community who've been spending alot of time playing the game, making use of its features and mechanics extensively and uncovering potential flaws like imbalance and bugs etc. in order to resolve them properly.
    Dev's actions have been filled with blatant contradictions over the years and the representation of themselves has been characterized by utter non-professionality and incompetency, lack of communication and mediation between customers and PWE's (qualified) employees in exceptional circumstances. That's been especially noticeable throughout the very last seasons beginning with s9.

Comparing this crowd of ****ing incompetent and ingenous amateurs (most of them not everyone ofc) with skilled personnel employed at way more complex games like ED whereas feedback from individuals state a quite high value and who've been exclusively relying on player-based reports (all sorts of) then the skill gap between both of them would have gotten the width of the Grand Canyon or something similar. :o
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-=Hannibal - Inner Circle PvP-Department=-
    Hannibal's YouTube PvP-channel (under construction)
    More Inner Circle PvP-Action worth watching from: Hank, Mira Theng and Zimbilimbim
  • Options
    illcadiaillcadia Member Posts: 1,412 Bug Hunter
    edited May 2015
    patrickngo wrote: »

HOw many insults, Ilcadia? "Fourteen year old basement dwelling min/maxers"..

Oh for christ's sake, yes, one time, and I agree it was a bad comment to make and he shouldn't have made it.

And now, over a year later, you guys are still hung up on that one insult.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    illcadia wrote: »
    Oh for christ's sake, yes, one time, and I agree it was a bad comment to make and he shouldn't have made it.

And now, over a year later, you guys are still hung up on that one insult.

Same dev has made at least 10 other insulting comments since... they where simply aimed at ALL the games players. They are not equal opportunity even in the area of insults.

Most companies do silly things like read books about magic kingdoms and try to attract customers by providing good service... others are only worried about taking the next new customers coin. Of course at some point the pool of new customers gets smaller, and the few left start to hear more and more from the ex customers.

I understand where you are coming from though I mean the devs need money as well.