What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Radiant Detonation Module

Comments

• Options
    iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    amazing. talk all that TRIBBLE about how toxic we are, wile he leads off with these posts

who's only purpose is to antagonize, to goad antagonistic response, so you can go SEE! look how toxic they are! by sinking to my level! now i'll write a big wall of text about my moral high ground, were i talk about how above above it i am, wile actually neck deep in it.

it must be for the attention, the guarantied responses generated by your special mix of ignorance and antagonism, because all your posting follows this pattern. ether that, or trolling for the sake of trolling is your favorite past time.

the pvp community being toxic didn't even happen until DR anyway, when cryptic ruined it and pretty much the rest of the game beyond all hope. for the 4 years prior, we bent over backwards to be helpful and post feedback, and time and time again ignored us and shot pvp in the foot with new additions that would take months to even get acknowledged were game breaking. the toxicity was entirely manufactured by cryptic, it is cause and effect. after more then 4 years, were every step was a step back, it took us this long to get this ugly. our patience is staggering.

What's important is that you feel vindicated and correct by this response you wrote.
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • Options
    dontdrunkimshootdontdrunkimshoot Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    iconians wrote: »
    What's important is that you feel vindicated and correct by this response you wrote.

here's your reply
  • Options
    bobs1111bobs1111 Member Posts: 471 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    It had everything to do with making a really lackluster PvP experience even more miserable by the people I played with.

Your lack of friend making skills isn't the fault of the PvP community at large.

Not that I should even bother engaging with you... however look around. That isn't toxicity, its apathy. Very different things at this point.

STO is a product. Its a product that has been mishandled, the end. No one defends Windows Vista saying the users where just being negative and are toxic in general. They blame MS for putting out a junk product. The only difference is we don't have the option of just continuing to run an older version.

No one here is toxic. We are a community no matter how hard Cryptic tries to break that. You can be upset that we never allowed you to become a part of that, that's your right. Perhaps we would have included you had you came in to PvP with the right attitude.
    I have no issues with trash talk, particularly in regards to PvP. Competition encourages it.

Where toxic personalities consistently feed off of each other, this is where Borticus comes in. Because it really is just a cycle. Nothing new is gained. No new thoughts are shared. It is the same echo chamber that has been mentioned already.

The trash talk line tells me everything I need to know about your experience PvPing. Guess what most PvP players are not ok with trash talking. With the acception of the RP pvp zone. In kerrat say what you want... and of course understand if you go to far people will think your an idiot anyway.
    No one invites jerks to the parties.

As for Borts comments... no they where way out of line. Seriously he came in here and spounted about echo chamber... in one of the TWO active PvP threads at the time. His was the 35th post in that thread after it was started THREE days prior. So his comments where both asinine and unprofessional. Lets get real on the same day he was complaining in a dead PvP thread about us not talking about the game and PvP in a testing thread... there where at least 8 threads in the general section about server stability all of which hit 35 posts in less then 3 hours not 3 days.

Borticus was out of line, and so are you.

Now I will head back to my apathetic corner. Have fun with STO and its developers.
  • Options
    rosetyler51rosetyler51 Member Posts: 1,631 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    here's your reply

Why would you even post that?
  • Options
    edited April 2015

I hope you get it.
  • Options
    ilhanskilhansk Member Posts: 620 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Visit the Inner Circle YouTube Channel to watch some STO pew pew PVP action!

• Options
    baldguywithacapebaldguywithacape Member Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    As of yet Iconians has only responded to try and prove I am being toxic.

I have already apologized and stated my intentions, is there anything else he wants me to do?

He has still not responded to any of my statements regarding the detonation module. With this I assume he agrees with me. I'm guessing he just didn't like a post I made that was 2 sentences long.
    If even this guy agrees, why should we have this module?

I'm done for now. We all agree this module shouldn't happen, even the guy who supported the dev. So, if you are done firing the "you are toxic" gun, I'm going to go eat a sandwich.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Alright people!

Despite our best wishes, cryptic has added in a new passive! Hooray! Subnukes for all!
    Just like every broken thing that has ever entered this game, we have to make a video to show them what they made (nukara freeze, first-release motivation, DOT doffs, etc). If anybody is willing (since others are probably faster at reputation than me) please do a space and ground video of how it works asap. Exploit it to your maximum potential. Find your fastest fire-rate weapons for both zones and subnuke away!

Damnit cryptic, you did it anyway.
  • Options
    sharxtremesharxtreme Member Posts: 850 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Alright people!

Despite our best wishes, cryptic has added in a new passive! Hooray! Subnukes for all!
    Just like every broken thing that has ever entered this game, we have to make a video to show them what they made (nukara freeze, first-release motivation, DOT doffs, etc). If anybody is willing (since others are probably faster at reputation than me) please do a space and ground video of how it works asap. Exploit it to your maximum potential. Find your fastest fire-rate weapons for both zones and subnuke away!

Damnit cryptic, you did it anyway.

Videos won't fix anything at this point.
    Did thy fix Bounty Hunter's Friend infinite cooldowns yet from my last video? Didn't log in since.

They have passed a point of no return in regards of PvP and game balance in general.
    Basically, there is no one left playing the game that cares about any kind of challenge or balance.
    All is left are DPSrs and RPrs.
  • Options
    zathri83zathri83 Member Posts: 514 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Mediocrity op plz nerf cryptic plz.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    sharxtreme wrote: »
    Videos won't fix anything at this point.
    Did thy fix Bounty Hunter's Friend infinite cooldowns yet from my last video? Didn't log in since.

They have passed a point of no return in regards of PvP and game balance in general.
    Basically, there is no one left playing the game that cares about any kind of challenge or balance.
    All is left are DPSrs and RPrs.

I'm not saying that if there is video evidence it will automatically be fixed, but the only things they ever DID fix required them to see how broken it was. There is a 0% chance they will fix it if it isn't brought up, but they have a small, yet still a chance to fix it if they see something.

If you've lost hope in humanity and cryptic that's completely understandable, but it wouldn't be that hard for anybody to make a quick video of the mechanics when they unlock it.

Just found out that all but 2 of the passives from Iconian Resistance are broken. I'm not sure about space (okay I'm not the most informed about space mechanics, so shoot me) but I know that in ground the 5% of damage heal means I can get myself from 1 health to full health in about one shot (if shields and damage resistance are excluded, which usually are in these sort of things). Also, immunity from damage for a short time when receiving damage is extremely unrealistic. I am no expert, but I assume you can stack that with the new delta recruit trait and get a decent few seconds of immunity (god help us if vesta bubble and pilot specialization ability). I get it that people hate DPS, but a lot of damage resistance would make more sense.

So yeeeaaah... videos of anything would be nice.
  • Options
    sharxtremesharxtreme Member Posts: 850 Arc User
    edited April 2015

If you've lost hope in humanity and cryptic that's completely understandable, but it wouldn't be that hard for anybody to make a quick video of the mechanics when they unlock it.

exaggerating much? I lost no hope in lolcryptic, I just realized it's mission impossible to make this game even half-decent at this point with all BS mechanics, exploits and cheats in place that devs themselves don't even know about after 5 years.

And those balance breaking things they do know about they now sell as traits.
    It's almost like this company is ran by complete gaming illiterates.

FFS they can't even fix KDF players missing from scoreboard for 8 months now.

ANY developer would be ashamed of admitting such glaring incompetence, but not them lol.
  • Options
    driveclubfandriveclubfan Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    exaggerating much? I lost no hope in lolcryptic, I just realized it's mission impossible to make this game even half-decent at this point with all BS mechanics, exploits and cheats in place that devs themselves don't even know about after 5 years.

ANY developer would be ashamed of admitting such glaring incompetence, but not them lol.

lol in Driveclub they're overhauling and improving their whole online server infrastructure to make it more reliable, fast and lag-free. Guess what they're succeeding, and it took them a couple of months to do so.

While STO... lol... only they could keep going with the lag problems and claim they're working on it after... how many months? I lost count.

Honestly I'm not even caring that much, they released S10 along with Driveclub 1.14 update. I couldn't be more distant than now from the game.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Video evidence... what does that matter.

Cryptic is aware how broken there new stuff is. As they always are. The over powered nature of new things is intended. They don't need a video to prove things are working exactly as they intended.

There eventual correction of all new things 6-8 months after release is on purpose.

If you don't understand there intention... think of it this way.

Lets say power in this game was ranked on a number scale... and 10 was the average power people had with out spending money. Cryptics plan is to always be selling stuff that is around 14 on the scale, while it is the current no one has it new sale stuff. 6-8 months later they "fix" said stuff and reduce it to a 12... and release something new that is once again a 14.

It is how they keep people spending money in this game. As most PvP folk that still bother posting say... find another game for PvP. One where the developer makes there $ selling cosmetics rather then function. Developers that sell functionality over fashion, make terrible PvP games.
  • Options
    induperatorinduperator Member Posts: 806 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    And to think a while ago there was a thread attempting to fix a misconception that PVPers get do nothing but things nerfed.

And here another PVPer cries OP

Wow just wow.

Seriously the day Cryptic removes PVP from the game will be a Godsend.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    And to think a while ago there was a thread attempting to fix a misconception that PVPers get do nothing but things nerfed.

Wow just wow.

Well this thread does predate that one I believe. Regardless... Cryptic removed PvP 4 years ago.

Things get "nerfed" corrected whatever you want to call it on schedule.

If you bought something in STO... expect it to be replaced in 6 months. If the new replacement is not clearly a required $ spend, the old item will be "nerfed" or if the new item doesn't sell as expected.

No player on either side of the PvP/PVE/RP ends of the game have any control over any of those business decisions.
  • Options
    edited April 2015

Wow just wow.

Radiant Detonation Module
    Chance on weapon attacks to cause a moderate amount of radiation damage in an AoE and remove buffs from affected targets.

you're throwing a fit over an ability stripper? npcs all but don't use abilities, wile player ships rely on them for 80% of their effectiveness. how is this applicable with your pve experience in any way? regardless of it being nerfed or not, there would be no pve change. this is purely a pvp adition, save your complaining for when we want something actually useful to pve nerfed.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    deokkent wrote: »
    You didn't even understand the point of that other thread. It was to show you how PvP contributed positively to the game's improvement; unbeknownst to you most likely. Even after PvP has died, you're benefiting from the fruits of our labor, you can now enjoy the new herald queues after we got the intel disables nerfed.

If you have to cry about PvP, at least make sure you're crying for the right reasons.

lol, i did all the new episodes and ques once yesterday, and my main thought was boy, i sure am glad ionic got toned down.

would have been

HILARIOUS

to see the pve tears from constant 20 second long ionic chain stuns
  • Options
    mimey2mimey2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    lol, i did all the new episodes and ques once yesterday, and my main thought was boy, i sure am glad ionic got toned down.

would have been

HILARIOUS

to see the pve tears from constant 20 second long ionic chain stuns

I thought pretty much the same thing. I know I would've been PISSED royally, flying and doing those missions in my upgraded Fleet Avenger, a ship without any Intel or Command seats. Thus a ship that COULDN'T counter all that, especially Ionic. So if it was still in it's previously nerfed state, heh, well, that would've been some fun as hell posts to read, that's for sure.
    I remain empathetic to the concerns of my community, but do me a favor and lay off the god damn name calling and petty remarks. It will get you nowhere.
    I must admit, respect points to Trendy for laying down the law like that.
  • Options
    edited April 2015

I was being sarcastic, sorry.

Multiple Edits:

1. Wait is there seriously a PvE person on this thread? OMG what is it even like to fight computer generated NPC's that are literally designed to lose??? Must be exhausting.

2. Quick question (I'm not trying to be a smart-TRIBBLE I'm actually asking a question), but is there a way to pay for the Iconian Resistance reputation? Cause if there isn't than cryptic has a pretty stupid plan, I'm not spending any more money just leveling it up.

3. If you don't think it will change anything please still make a video, won't hurt you (knock on wood).
  • Options
    jaydenomega812jaydenomega812 Member Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Feedback on Tribble features really belongs in the Tribble Subforums, where it can more readily be read and acted upon.

Here is the feedback thread for the Iconian Resistance Reputation: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1423101

Posting these types of threads into the echo chamber that is this isolated PvP community is likely to do nothing but stir up additional ire among the small number of players that come here. They just go around in predictable little circles:

Player1: "Look at this Thing."
    Player2: "That Thing is OP."
    Player3: "Who cares? PvP is dead."
    Player4-100+: "You are right, it's obvious because that Thing is OP."

These threads don't serve this portion of the community. All they do is reinforce negativity, and paint this sub-community in a negative light overall.

It will help all of us - Devs, and you PvPers - if you report the issues you see in a place they're more likely to be reviewed and acted upon, and try to avoid dwelling on the same circular arguments, over and over again.

I just seen this comment as I was digging for information about the T4 Iconian Rep trait that removes buffs.

I Guess I would fit into what you have dubbed player 1,2,3,4-100+. It is because of that I must say I found your 'echo chamber' comment a little funny at first but ultimately offensive.

It certainly seems that anything concerning pvp has become mute issues for Cryptic because you all seem to be under the delusion that its not a driving force attracting players to the game and what you have said here only reflects the truth in that.

Let me tell you my story:

When I first started playing STO I found it to be a very fun, entertaining game. I was cruising the stars saying 'Firing all phasers and photon torpedoes" just like Jean-Luc Picard did. Exploring new world you guys created drawing the inspiration for such from Star Trek™. Playing thru the missions you all created again drawing inspiration from Star Trek™. When one day I got all the episode missions done and decided to thumb thru my list of available missions looking for something else fun to explore and do. That was when I found the mission to go to Ker'rat and fend off the enemies of the Federation. Little did I at first realize this was a PVE/PVP mixed zone. I was quite taken by surprise when a Klingon ship decloaked and blew my ship into dust before I could even hit miracle worker. At first I thought ok well I'm pretty sure that was another player given the way that ship displayed and how it was unlike other NPC's I had encountered before. So I must be in a PVE/PVP map. Turns out I was right. And again same thing happened but it was someone else this time. I was turned to dust in mere seconds. So it was then I decided to start typing in the chat box. Confirmed what I suspected and completed the mission without anymore player bombardment attacks. (They realized I was a noob.) I didn't end up going back for some time later cause I realized I would need better gear in order to keep up. So I got better gear. Took the mission again and went back. Still I got vaped and then decided to start chatting some more. I was told that if I wanted to learn the best way would be to get a cloak and watch. Well I didn't have a ship with a cloak as I was in a Patrol Escort. So I decided to go down to my local Wal-Mart and buy a -at the time Ultimate Gaming Gift Card- and load some zen on to my account and bought a Federation Dreadnaught. For the cloak, but also cause it was a cool looking ship. Went back rode around lots while cloaked. Figured out I was also using the wrong BOFF powers as well as the wrong DOFF given my choice of BOFF powers. Thought hmm if I need better doffs for playing as well as for assignments I better get a doff expansion cause I could end up with a lot of doffs. Here I come Wal-Mart. Also found out there were consoles from other lower level ships I could be using to help get a leg up against these players in Ker'rat if I was going to stand a chance. So again, I went down to the Wal-Mart bought more gift cards and more ships with them. Well so now I had all the low level ships and neat consoles and right boffs and right doffs I went back. Started to hold my own. But still was overcome by players that were stronger than me. When I started discussing with them what I could do to get better I was told about fleet ships -I didn't know how to get them cause I was that much a noob and there was nothing that explained it all anywhere. Alright....Wal-Mart here I come for some FSM's. Bought a fleet patrol escort. Got a little better. The I found out more about what was killing me. Alpha buffing tac Romulans. Well, this game is fun enough, sure let's make another character. Oh but I was smart. Cause since I knew there were low level ships with neat consoles I figured out which neat consoles would be best to use and actually droved the ships while leveling my 2nd character. So here I am. I got this cool Romulan Arkif on my new cool Romulan Tactical character with all my cool consoles from the federation low level ships and the romulan low level ships and all my nice doffs and boffs to go with it all here I go. I gonna succeed at killing all the enemies and no one will stop me ever. But they did. So...I decided I needed a better high end ship. Went down to the Wal-Mart and bought some more cards came back to the house and bought the Scimitar. Wow this is a cool ship. Very cool indeed. The list goes on, but surely you see the pattern emerging.

Once, I started playing pvp I got hooked. Though it has been a long hard winding road which I often had to stop on to open the door and say is it really worth it.....in the end it has increased my overall enjoyment of this game. Not to mention had me spending money trying to get caught up to the players that been around since Beta and already knew it all and had it all. Wasn't overly happy about spending money part on a 'free to play game', but I benefited from buying all those cool things because like a kid in a toy store I now owned more toys to play with when I felt the need arise. So that too increased my overall enjoyment of the game.

All because of one little map opening my eyes to the world of pvp in this game and how interesting it is when someone else is saying "Fire all Phasers and Photon torpedoes!"

I hope now you know my story you all at Cryptic reconsider your current stance on how valuable pvp is to this game.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    I just seen this comment as I was digging for information about the T4 Iconian Rep trait that removes buffs.

I Guess I would fit into what you have dubbed player 1,2,3,4-100+. It is because of that I must say I found your 'echo chamber' comment a little funny at first but ultimately offensive.

It certainly seems that anything concerning pvp has become mute issues for Cryptic because you all seem to be under the delusion that its not a driving force attracting players to the game and what you have said here only reflects the truth in that.

Let me tell you my story:

When I first started playing STO I found it to be a very fun, entertaining game. I was cruising the stars saying 'Firing all phasers and photon torpedoes" just like Jean-Luc Picard did. Exploring new world you guys created drawing the inspiration for such from Star Trek™. Playing thru the missions you all created again drawing inspiration from Star Trek™. When one day I got all the episode missions done and decided to thumb thru my list of available missions looking for something else fun to explore and do. That was when I found the mission to go to Ker'rat and fend off the enemies of the Federation. Little did I at first realize this was a PVE/PVP mixed zone. I was quite taken by surprise when a Klingon ship decloaked and blew my ship into dust before I could even hit miracle worker. At first I thought ok well I'm pretty sure that was another player given the way that ship displayed and how it was unlike other NPC's I had encountered before. So I must be in a PVE/PVP map. Turns out I was right. And again same thing happened but it was someone else this time. I was turned to dust in mere seconds. So it was then I decided to start typing in the chat box. Confirmed what I suspected and completed the mission without anymore player bombardment attacks. (They realized I was a noob.) I didn't end up going back for some time later cause I realized I would need better gear in order to keep up. So I got better gear. Took the mission again and went back. Still I got vaped and then decided to start chatting some more. I was told that if I wanted to learn the best way would be to get a cloak and watch. Well I didn't have a ship with a cloak as I was in a Patrol Escort. So I decided to go down to my local Wal-Mart and buy a -at the time Ultimate Gaming Gift Card- and load some zen on to my account and bought a Federation Dreadnaught. For the cloak, but also cause it was a cool looking ship. Went back rode around lots while cloaked. Figured out I was also using the wrong BOFF powers as well as the wrong DOFF given my choice of BOFF powers. Thought hmm if I need better doffs for playing as well as for assignments I better get a doff expansion cause I could end up with a lot of doffs. Here I come Wal-Mart. Also found out there were consoles from other lower level ships I could be using to help get a leg up against these players in Ker'rat if I was going to stand a chance. So again, I went down to the Wal-Mart bought more gift cards and more ships with them. Well so now I had all the low level ships and neat consoles and right boffs and right doffs I went back. Started to hold my own. But still was overcome by players that were stronger than me. When I started discussing with them what I could do to get better I was told about fleet ships -I didn't know how to get them cause I was that much a noob and there was nothing that explained it all anywhere. Alright....Wal-Mart here I come for some FSM's. Bought a fleet patrol escort. Got a little better. The I found out more about what was killing me. Alpha buffing tac Romulans. Well, this game is fun enough, sure let's make another character. Oh but I was smart. Cause since I knew there were low level ships with neat consoles I figured out which neat consoles would be best to use and actually droved the ships while leveling my 2nd character. So here I am. I got this cool Romulan Arkif on my new cool Romulan Tactical character with all my cool consoles from the federation low level ships and the romulan low level ships and all my nice doffs and boffs to go with it all here I go. I gonna succeed at killing all the enemies and no one will stop me ever. But they did. So...I decided I needed a better high end ship. Went down to the Wal-Mart and bought some more cards came back to the house and bought the Scimitar. Wow this is a cool ship. Very cool indeed. The list goes on, but surely you see the pattern emerging.

Once, I started playing pvp I got hooked. Though it has been a long hard winding road which I often had to stop on to open the door and say is it really worth it.....in the end it has increased my overall enjoyment of this game. Not to mention had me spending money trying to get caught up to the players that been around since Beta and already knew it all and had it all. Wasn't overly happy about spending money part on a 'free to play game', but I benefited from buying all those cool things because like a kid in a toy store I now owned more toys to play with when I felt the need arise. So that too increased my overall enjoyment of the game.

All because of one little map opening my eyes to the world of pvp in this game and how interesting it is when someone else is saying "Fire all Phasers and Photon torpedoes!"

I hope now you know my story you all at Cryptic reconsider your current stance on how valuable pvp is to this game.

I mean that was a pretty cool story. And you didn't even insult cryptic once O_o
  • Options
    biggs4everbiggs4ever Member Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    6 More days till chain snb in ground pvp without neural overloads. Q up in the next six days before ground pvp is unplayable.
  • Options
    lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    edited April 2015

Wow just wow.

NPC at the most use 1 buff at a time. Tell me how is this ability helping you soooo much to destroy said NPCs.
  • Options
    meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    deokkent wrote: »
    Can you remove the pvp subforum, please? It's giving a lot of people the wrong idea, that there is something left to talk about as far as PvP is concerned.

Yes, please remove the PvP subforum, as the last thing I want is an echo chamber (now confirmed) that has the exclusive ear of the Devs.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    bobs1111 wrote: »
    Video evidence... what does that matter.

Cryptic is aware how broken there new stuff is. As they always are. The over powered nature of new things is intended. They don't need a video to prove things are working exactly as they intended.

There eventual correction of all new things 6-8 months after release is on purpose.

^^ With that I fully agree.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    praxi5praxi5 Member Posts: 1,562 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    Yes, please remove the PvP subforum, as the last thing I want is an echo chamber (now confirmed) that has the exclusive ear of the Devs.

Do you even believe what you're saying?

If PvP had the "exclusive ear of the Devs", do you think we'd constantly be finding ourselves in this mess, over and over again?

Second, very few, if it's even possible, have this ability yet. If it is properly tuned before it is available, you will "lose" nothing. More importantly, what buffs are NPCs using that you find imperative to remove at all times (effortlessly, at that)?

Finally, this is the PvP subforum. With as toxic of an attitude towards PvP as you have, why are you even here? To troll?
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    praxi5 wrote: »
    Do you even believe what you're saying?

If PvP had the "exclusive ear of the Devs", do you think we'd constantly be finding ourselves in this mess, over and over again?

Didn't fully believe it, until Bort mentioned his 'echo chamber', and thus confirmed it.
    Finally, this is the PvP subforum. With as toxic of an attitude towards PvP as you have, why are you even here? To troll?

To make the existence of PvP less toxic towards PvE?
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    sysil84sysil84 Member Posts: 207 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Didn't fully believe it, until Bort mentioned his 'echo chamber', and thus confirmed it.

If this were true STO would be a much different, much better game. And I would still be playing. :rolleyes:

To make the existence of PvP less toxic towards PvE?

It's quite the reverse and no amount of your trolling in the PvP forums will change that.