Options

Radiant Detonation Module

Comments

• Options
    baldguywithacapebaldguywithacape Member Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    wildweasal wrote: »
    WAIT...THERES a ground game?

Obviously sarcastic remark since the game is more than 50% ground (unless you've never been to ESD, First City, Drozana, Ganalda, K-7, Sierra, etc.).

Also, is it only the people who are bad at space who say this? I feel like the good spacer's know both sides, where as the ones that aren't that good think they need to dumb their feelings and say "ha, I do space and am bad at it, therefore ha".

P.S. Some people play the game, not fly around and get killed in shuttles
    P.S.S. This thread is about the rep trait for ground and space, they are practically the same thing. If you are confused you don't really play the game.

So yeah, Cryptic, don't do it, it's terrible for the game in general.
  • Options
    sysil84sysil84 Member Posts: 207 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    So yeah, Cryptic, don't do it, it's terrible for the game in general.

That never stopped them before... In fact, I suspect it encourages them to put it in :D
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    sysil84 wrote: »
    That never stopped them before... In fact, I suspect it encourages them to put it in :D

Unfortunately...
  • Options
    borticuscrypticborticuscryptic Member Posts: 2,478 Cryptic Developer
    edited April 2015
    Feedback on Tribble features really belongs in the Tribble Subforums, where it can more readily be read and acted upon.

Here is the feedback thread for the Iconian Resistance Reputation: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1423101

Posting these types of threads into the echo chamber that is this isolated PvP community is likely to do nothing but stir up additional ire among the small number of players that come here. They just go around in predictable little circles:

Player1: "Look at this Thing."
    Player2: "That Thing is OP."
    Player3: "Who cares? PvP is dead."
    Player4-100+: "You are right, it's obvious because that Thing is OP."

These threads don't serve this portion of the community. All they do is reinforce negativity, and paint this sub-community in a negative light overall.

It will help all of us - Devs, and you PvPers - if you report the issues you see in a place they're more likely to be reviewed and acted upon, and try to avoid dwelling on the same circular arguments, over and over again.
    Jeremy Randall
    Cryptic - Lead Systems Designer
    "Play smart!"
  • Options
    iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Feedback on Tribble features really belongs in the Tribble Subforums, where it can more readily be read and acted upon.

Here is the feedback thread for the Iconian Resistance Reputation: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1423101

Posting these types of threads into the echo chamber that is this isolated PvP community is likely to do nothing but stir up additional ire among the small number of players that come here. They just go around in predictable little circles:

These threads don't serve this portion of the community. All they do is reinforce negativity, and paint this sub-community in a negative light overall.

It will help all of us - Devs, and you PvPers - if you report the issues you see in a place they're more likely to be reviewed and acted upon, and try to avoid dwelling on the same circular arguments, over and over again.

I don't always agree with you, but in this particular instance, your honesty level has made me smile today.
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • Options
    ilhanskilhansk Member Posts: 620 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    You are one of the very few people remaining on the Cryptic Team who on occasion gives some feedback on PvP related issues. And I appreciate that. I really do, and so do other members of the PvP community. Don't think your and your colleagues efforts go completely unnoticed.

You can't blame us however for calling a spade a spade. If some thing is OP and/or affects PvP gaming experience negatively, then we will point it out. If the developers want to educate themselves about the ramifications of items etc. on gameplay, then this subforum beats any other forum section by a longshot, even your focus test group.

The 'ire' you've notized is an inevitable and direct result of Cryptics past and present product stewardship.

Further, your post reveals a worrying 'upside down' thinking: It should be Cryptic concerned about their own standing, and not that the players should cater to the devs.

I've got more to say, but before I waste my time I'll rather wait to see if you or any other shows any interest to continue a discussion.
    Visit the Inner Circle YouTube Channel to watch some STO pew pew PVP action!

• Options
    klingontacoklingontaco Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited April 2015

The reason why we post here and not on the official feedback thread is because we don't believe it will be fixed. Ground pvp was at one time extremely balanced all of the three classes had their place, and it was extremely fun. Now the game is broken science rules all of ground pvp. Engineers have no place at all in fact they are rarely seen in pvp. The problems that have accumulated over the years have driven of most of the pvpers in fact almost all pvpers. We come here to post not because we think you will fix the issues but because we find it more fun then playing the constant spec point grind that this game has become.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    beameddown wrote: »
    anyways, to hell with it- going to do a fire sale of my gear and doffs tonight when I get home, see you all on opvp as I hand all this junk out

all good things must come to an end right? :)

Yeah. Nothing says mature, adult response like picking up your ball and going home after whining about how somebody hurt your feelings over the internet.

I'd recommend cutting the cable if you get sick over what Borticus said, which compared to some of the other things I've seen people say on the internet -- let alone the STO forums by fellow players, that maybe consider the possibility the internet is not the place for you.

The truth isn't all sunshine and rainbows. But it's still the truth and that's something these forums could use a lot more of from Cryptic.

Cryptic isn't responsible for your emotions. You are. If you can't handle the truth, then I wish you luck in your OPvP firesale that I'm sure you are 100% serious on and aren't exaggerating or blowing hot air over.

I'm sure Cryptic will be absolutely devastated that you're selling you're gear and duty officers to other players. I'm not sure how they'll ever recover from this shattering and overpowering blow you're going to deal them on the OPvP channel.
    The reason why we post here and not on the official feedback thread is because we don't believe it will be fixed.

The fact people still believe this to be a logical and productive course of action on the STO forums (or anywhere in life) makes me facepalm.
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • Options
    drunkadmiraldrunkadmiral Member Posts: 197 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Devs, you tried to play pvp in sto? do you like it?
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    iconians wrote: »
    Yeah. Nothing says mature, adult response like picking up your ball and going home after whining about how somebody hurt your feelings over the internet.

I'd recommend cutting the cable if you get sick over what Borticus said, which compared to some of the other things I've seen people say on the internet -- let alone the STO forums by fellow players, that maybe consider the possibility the internet is not the place for you.

The truth isn't all sunshine and rainbows. But it's still the truth and that's something these forums could use a lot more of from Cryptic.

Cryptic isn't responsible for your emotions. You are. If you can't handle the truth, then I wish you luck in your OPvP firesale that I'm sure you are 100% serious on and aren't exaggerating or blowing hot air over.

I'm sure Cryptic will be absolutely devastated that you're selling you're gear and duty officers to other players. I'm not sure how they'll ever recover from this shattering and overpowering blow you're going to deal them on the OPvP channel.

The fact people still believe this to be a logical and productive course of action on the STO forums (or anywhere in life) makes me facepalm.

First do you even pvp?

Second no the other guy isn't leaving just cause of what bort said he is leaving like all the pvpers I know because pvp in this game is permanently dead.

Third we don't believe to be productive we just don't have anything better to do in sto. What should we do? Grind mindless npcs for hours while we wish we could pvp? Sit for hours on end in empty pvp ques?
  • Options
    zathri83zathri83 Member Posts: 514 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    So, when is pvp being removed?
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    beameddown wrote: »
    not selling, giving:)

also,

this is a "last straw" sort of thing than a "reason to do it"- wasnt happy with the game for months, dont like the direction, hate the vibe in pvp, games super glitchy, etc

was just going to take a break for a couple months, but the way I figure it is "why?"

might as well give away what I got to those that love the game and want to keep playing than having it all entombed with my never to be played again toons right?

cheer up buddy,
    its friday:)

Firesale implies selling (it's in the name), but semantics aside, I hope you have fun giving away your things and getting some closure to this game that has obviously disappointed you to such an extent that you're going to leave forever over.

My emotional state isn't really in question, I'm pretty happy that Borticus decided to be truthful. Seeing honest communication from Cryptic always makes for a great Friday afternoon.

And it makes me smile even more seeing the toxic cesspool of the STO forums getting a reality check.

I'm sure your 100% serious intention to give away your stuff and leave the game will make many players happy.
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    First do you even pvp?

Used to. The toxic personalities of my fellow players ruined my PvP experience more than Cryptic could ever hope to do, and I've seen Cryptic pull some real doozies.
    Third we don't believe to be productive we just don't have anything better to do in sto. What should we do? Grind mindless npcs for hours while we wish we could pvp? Sit for hours on end in empty pvp ques?

I don't know. Maybe play another game instead of being glued to a game that apparently makes you so miserable and unhappy you'd rather just spit venom into the forums?

I mean I don't know about you, but I play a game to have fun, unwind, and relax. Playing a game so I can hate it seems counterintuitive for what playing a game is all about.

And I have dialed back my participation in STO due to a large number of grievances I have with the current state of the game. I just don't feel it's a productive use of time complaining on the STO forums for something I sincerely wouldn't believe has the possibility of getting fixed. It's a self-fulfilling prophecy, circular logic.

But I spend most of my time playing other games.

Maybe if some meaningful changes are made, I can start playing more again -- but thankfully the game is f2p. I can just keep taking long breaks and vacations from the game until Cryptic gets around to addressing my own personal issues with the game. It wouldn't be the first time.
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Used to. The toxic personalities of my fellow players ruined my PvP experience more than Cryptic could ever hope to do, and I've seen Cryptic pull some real doozies.

I don't know. Maybe play another game instead of being glued to a game that apparently makes you so miserable and unhappy you'd rather just spit venom into the forums?

I mean I don't know about you, but I play a game to have fun, unwind, and relax. Playing a game so I can hate it seems counterintuitive for what playing a game is all about.

And I have dialed back my participation in STO due to a large number of grievances I have with the current state of the game.

But I spend most of my time playing other games.

I have been playing other games. I log into sto to do private 1v1's now. And grind for the occasional piece of gear. Also from my vantage point I didn't see that any of my comments where spitting venom. In fact it appeared to me that yours where.

I'm also going to stop posting in this thread because it has flame thread.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    I have been playing other games. I log into sto to do private 1v1's now. And grind for the occasional piece of gear. Also from my vantage point I didn't see that any of my comments where spitting venom. In fact it appeared to me that yours where.

I suppose that's just a matter of perspective. To each his/her own.
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • Options
    tk79tk79 Member Posts: 1,020 Arc User
    edited April 2015

See, you are just further reinforcing negativity here with your offensive remarks, emphasis mine above. They are not needed or appreciated if you ever want yourself to be taken seriously by the PvP community. It's not the first time it happens, either by you, or another Cryptic/PWE's employee.

Instead of complaining about negative feedback, READ INTO THEM. It's your job, as a designer, to see those flaws that we are pointing out. You also should be doing your best to not allow those mistakes to see the light of the day on Tribble. Because, you often do, which leads to the "predictable little circles" you describe. Stop releasing broken stuff and we will stop going into them.
    U.S.S. Eastgate Photo Wall
    STO Screenshot Archive

• Options
    edited April 2015
    Used to. The toxic personalities of my fellow players ruined my PvP experience more than Cryptic could ever hope to do, and I've seen Cryptic pull some real doozies..

Interesting, because i pvp'ed daily for 2 years and pvp'rs never ruined my experience, the games were ruined only by broken new stuff cryptic release, afk'rs and pve'rs who were calling all cheaters after 1 match they played.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Interesting, because i pvp'ed daily for 2 years and pvp'rs never ruined my experience, the games were ruined only by broken new stuff cryptic release, afk'rs and pve'rs who were calling all cheaters after 1 match they played.

I PvP in other games where the PvP aspect of the game is not a minimally-viable product. Games which were designed from the get-go with a PvP experience chiefly in mind.

I don't believe in settling for less. I like seeing hard work and dedication put into PvP from a developer, and there are many games out there which fulfill that competitive functionality.

PvP in STO is a minimally-viable product. The only thing that made it worse are the players who made it a point to make it a miserable, unenjoyable experience for players just getting used to the idea of STO's PvP mechanics.

I can't blame players entirely, but I also can't blame Cryptic entirely. I can say from personal, anecdotal experience that the personalities I've come across in the PvP facet of this game simply reminded me that I don't need STO's PvP experience when other games can (and have) done it better, and their PvP communities consist of (typically) mature, sportsmanlike personalities that encourage participation from newer players instead of trying to exclude them to prevent people from wanting to compete against them (and thus possibly threaten their superiority).

It's not entirely their fault, but many PvPers don't do themselves any favors.

Borticus' input on the topic earlier is proof enough of that habit I've noticed here.
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    and their PvP communities consist of (typically) mature, sportsmanlike personalities that encourage participation from newer players instead of trying to exclude them to prevent people from wanting to compete against them (and thus possibly threaten their superiority).

You are wrong, pvp comunity didnt try to exclude new players. PvP Boot Camp was made by pvp'rs to help new players. During 2012-2013 i was leader of Total War fleet, it was a big pve fleet with 450 members, i was trying to convince them all to try pvp, also all my fleetmates from my pvp fleet TRH also were helping new players. But because of sto pvp state most players quit pvp'ing after 1-2 weeks, and saddly devs do nothing to make pvp better.
  • Options
    edited April 2015

Okay, so basically the reason you're saying that they can't mess it up any more is because some guy hurt your feelings and you don't do it anymore?

Bro, if it doesn't effect you, it doesn't effect you, so why are you here discussing it?

Now, Mr. Dev, please, don't let pride hurt the game. Listen to us, we are your customers. I'm not gonna give any of that "the customer is always right" ****, but we've seen things like this before, and they always have to be fixed one way or another (cloak stacking, nukara freeze, etc.). I can only speak from ground experience, so I do not have the ability to speak for the space pvp'ers, but just by thinking about it, I don't see a reason to add it in if nobody is asking for it.

Thank you, please don't do it.

Change your trait from stubborn to mental discipline.
  • Options
    edited April 2015

By the way, anybody notice he said this, and then later said that the reason he doesn't PvP (quote in my last post) is for the reason (quote he just made fun of, directly above)?

I dunno, just seems a bit... hypocritical?
  • Options
    bobs1111bobs1111 Member Posts: 471 Arc User
    edited April 2015

If you guys are not capable of checking this sub forum now and then just don't bother. I mean at this point it gets 2-3 topics a weak that barely get a page or two deep anymore. Don't blame us if you guys aren't capable of doing your jobs. The lame attempt at a blame redirect here is pathetic. YOUR not posting in the right forum so your feed back shall be ignored. Lame.

Also who says we bother posting anything for you guys to see anymore anyway. We all know our feedback will be ignored 99% of the time.

I haven't bothered posting anything about this module or any of this rep, what's the point. It should concern you more as a developer that people don't kick up much dust anymore when you knowingly throw stuff out there that is perhaps a bit to strong. Even if it isn't and turns out to be just okish or perhaps not even that good later... the fact that people seem to not bother arguing about any of this stuff anymore should concern your more then 3 pages of negative posts.

Lets be honest this thread has been up for a few days and never got more then 3 pages deep until you posted. So.... take what you will from that fact.
  • Options
    bobs1111bobs1111 Member Posts: 471 Arc User
    edited April 2015

I am not saying this applies to you... however from personal experience I can say people with this attitude always end up being the people no one likes being around.

Over the years I can think of at least 3 players that have posted almost the same sentiments. I convinced these people to give pvp another chance and got them into games. One of these people coming and playing some TD matches on an afternoon with a bunch of people. I remember they seemed to be having some fun for awhile, until they lost a couple in a row and raged like I had never seen.

Sometimes when everyone around you seems toxic... what you really need is a to find a mirror.

Not saying that applies to you for sure... just been my expereince, that people that complain about toxic players in PVP, in general tend to be the people screaming in zone chats.
    And it makes me smile even more seeing the toxic cesspool of the STO forums getting a reality check.

I'm sure your 100% serious intention to give away your stuff and leave the game will make many players happy.

If I felt my customer feedback site was a cesspool... I would wonder where I failed in my work. Just saying "reality" checks for your customers... yes sounds like a fantastic way to stay employed to me. I don't know what you do for a living, in my case I am well aware that the people that give me money do it willingly and respecting them is my only option. lol

As for leaving the game... you should stay friends with more PvPers... I have mostly left myself, in the last 2-3 months I have given away around 5 billion ec worth of ships traits and random junk to friends I still see logging in. I kept enough in my bank in case I change my mind... one day though I may just log in and give away the rest. lmao
  • Options
    dontdrunkimshootdontdrunkimshoot Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    ignore iconians FFS, he will only go away when you stop giving him the attention he lusts for

did you even read the first few pages, there were plenty of posts with actual math, breaking down why it might be op, and detailed, thoughtful debate about it.

not at all like your cute little scenario. pvp related discussions historically have been NOTHING like you outlined, what your describing is the typical pve'er mocking that usually shows up in the topics. even now, with the pvp community driven to the brink of extinction, there's still a few high brow debating. this shows how much attention you have actually paid to pvp threads.

pvpers are generally not interested in general feedback threads, try to bring up pvp or a pvp concern anywhere but here and its like you tried to derail the thread on purpose. every time something new is introduced that could effect pvp, especially when an entire reputation is launched, you or someone else on the system team should make an official feedback thread about it here, in the pvp section. doing so would go a LONG way toward showing us there is a pvp consideration what so ever, and it will be a MUCH more useful and concise way to gather helpful feedback.
  • Options
    havamhavam Member Posts: 1,735 Arc User
    edited April 2015

wow mr. 90% dmG reduction plus hi lag induction has spoken

Let me fix that for you:
    Player1: yo cryptic this should 9% according to tool tip. We already reported on tribble. Now it s on holo it's still 90% and inducing lag. Quite frankly PvP is unplayable because of it.
    Dev1: stupid minority pvp'ers keep ranting at things they don't have them brains to understand
    Player2: mmmmkay
    WTG bort! seriously from the dev responsible for one of the biggest snafus going live and staying there as as as PvP is concerned, a post like yours attacking pvp'ers ... Just wow. Maybe take a break from the Geko cool aid for a while, and take good hard look at how systems has created the current shape of STO PvP against all the feedback of those that cared enough to give it at some point or the other.

My apologies to all of Crypic and PWE staff who feel offended by the fact that their customers who used to enjoy PvP activities in STO, still post in the PvP section of STOs forums. It's cruel world, you grind or you die.
  • Options
    mralphastikemralphastike Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    That dev response says it all....

How is this game still here? surely the PvE and Role Players know this game is circling that blackhole spock fell into and the trek they know doesnt exist here.

CBS needs to remove the license from these money grabbers and license it to someone who knows how to make a game for instance.

I appreciate the time given by the dev's who are now probably elsewhere or fired, i loved PvP'ing here. But nothing would bring me back to this game other than what ive mentioned above, a TRUE STO REBIRTH, with devs who are active within the community, take player feedback onboard and make a game that the players want, not what some tunnel visioned dev team leaders dream is.....

Dev's can make a game they have always wanted to see and still cater to the community rather than treating us like cash cows that need to be milked every week with another more powerful whatever item....

Sorry bort and the rest, i think its time you guys got put out to pasture, good luck with the job hunting after Summer 2015....

Parker - Main account banned - Still circumventing your Forum bans and ToS :)