What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Assignments Reportedly Missing

Comments

• Options
    matth431matth431 Member Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Well, good job I had some Napeta Leaves on my alts when my new DR toon finally got the 5/10 mission for Ghosts of the Jem'Hadar... Without the Haggles I'd otherwise have needed to look at the Exchange... Where a single leaf is currently going for nearly 50k EC...

Any genuinely new Delta peeps are gonna be locked out of assignment chains unless they wanna get price-gouged afore long.
  • Options
    meathead013meathead013 Member Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    seriously. it looks like the chains involving haggle items are pretty much finished

i mean i play this game every single day. and since s10 ive had that ONE haggle mission

ONE

that part of the game is now apparently dead

might as well just take it out of the game
  • Options
    thepantspartythepantsparty Member Posts: 431 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    They're still there, you just need to know which borders to fly across to get the correct local assignments to pop up. If you have a Tuffli/Cell Ship you can also use the on-board trader to get an extra chance at them (unlike the DS9 trader, the ship-board traders do work if you're in a proper sector for the assignments).
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    They're still there, you just need to know which borders to fly across to get the correct local assignments to pop up. If you have a Tuffli/Cell Ship you can also use the on-board trader to get an extra chance at them (unlike the DS9 trader, the ship-board traders do work if you're in a proper sector for the assignments).

So my choice is either forking out for lockbox/c-store ships OR flying around sector space vvvvveeeerrrryyyy slowly with the DOFF window open on the off chance I spot the list updating. And if it does, I need to go through the Duty Officer lists too since some of the missing assignments only show up there... And for some reason cancelling back out of a Duty Officer list also causes the ship to forget that I told it to stop?

Yeah, it's a valid workaround. I could jam a stick up my TRIBBLE and yank the TRIBBLE out if I had constipation, or I could take a laxative. I know which one is less painful.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    matth431 wrote: »
    So my choice is either forking out for lockbox/c-store ships OR flying around sector space vvvvveeeerrrryyyy slowly with the DOFF window open on the off chance I spot the list updating. And if it does, I need to go through the Duty Officer lists too since some of the missing assignments only show up there... And for some reason cancelling back out of a Duty Officer list also causes the ship to forget that I told it to stop?

Yeah, it's a valid workaround. I could jam a stick up my TRIBBLE and yank the TRIBBLE out if I had constipation, or I could take a laxative. I know which one is less painful.

Since you apparently couldn't figure it out on your own, here's how to find haggle assignments in space:

Every time you cross one of lines of the square sectors in space, your local list TRIES to update. However, remember the old sector blocks? The local assignment list only updates CORRECTLY if you pass between two of those.

One of the devs posted these maps - https://www.reddit.com/r/sto/comments/33eyli/sector_space_doff_regions/ - and that shows where you need to fly between to get the correct lists.

The Bajor and Cardassia sectors are within the same block and will have the same assignments. Unfortunately, when you fly between them, the local list tries to update but fails and instead of you get this weird, generic list of assignments that doesn't include stuff that should show up in your current location. Flying from Algira to Cardassia WILL update your local assignment list with the correct assignments (giving you a chance to get a haggle assignment) and will update correctly every time.

There is some weirdness passing into the left-most sector block, where sometimes you need to stop shortly after crossing into, say, Arawath, but if you go to far you can just fly back into Cardassia and cross again to get the right assignments. There's also some weirdness going on in what used to be the Alpha Centauri block in the Beta Quadrant, but it can be worked around.

Haggle assignments show up just fine in sector space once you know how to get the assignment list working. The complaints need to be about getting the assignment list to work better, not about missing assignments. Where the haggle assignments ARE missing from is DS9 space and ground (along with asylum assignments being missing from places like ESD and Vulcan, social zones in general seem to have had something broken).
  • Options
    gbw2318gbw2318 Member Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    All of the duty assignments unique to the Delta Quadrant appear to be missing, or at least I haven't seen them since shortly after the last patch.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    Since you apparently couldn't figure it out on your own, here's how to find haggle assignments in space:

Every time you cross one of lines of the square sectors in space, your local list TRIES to update. However, remember the old sector blocks? The local assignment list only updates CORRECTLY if you pass between two of those.

One of the devs posted these maps - https://www.reddit.com/r/sto/comments/33eyli/sector_space_doff_regions/ - and that shows where you need to fly between to get the correct lists.

The Bajor and Cardassia sectors are within the same block and will have the same assignments. Unfortunately, when you fly between them, the local list tries to update but fails and instead of you get this weird, generic list of assignments that doesn't include stuff that should show up in your current location. Flying from Algira to Cardassia WILL update your local assignment list with the correct assignments (giving you a chance to get a haggle assignment) and will update correctly every time.

There is some weirdness passing into the left-most sector block, where sometimes you need to stop shortly after crossing into, say, Arawath, but if you go to far you can just fly back into Cardassia and cross again to get the right assignments. There's also some weirdness going on in what used to be the Alpha Centauri block in the Beta Quadrant, but it can be worked around.

Haggle assignments show up just fine in sector space once you know how to get the assignment list working. The complaints need to be about getting the assignment list to work better, not about missing assignments. Where the haggle assignments ARE missing from is DS9 space and ground (along with asylum assignments being missing from places like ESD and Vulcan, social zones in general seem to have had something broken).

"Your engine works perfectly, once you know how to use jump cables" doesn't excuse the fact that the ******n battery is flat, and shouldn't be. Fix the damn alternator.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    matth431 wrote: »
    "Your engine works perfectly, once you know how to use jump cables" doesn't excuse the fact that the ******n battery is flat, and shouldn't be. Fix the damn alternator.

Please continue posting edgy-sounding angry analogies rather than using the information I gave to find the assignments you're looking for. I'm enjoying the high prices on commodities.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    as ive said earlier in the thread, yes i have followed all that stuff. to the letter

every day i look for haggle missions. every day

still ONE haggle mission

so again, i repeat, some of us really truly no foolin are simply not getting haggle missions

even if you are getting haggle missions on your screens, thats doesnt mean some of us really truly no fooling are simply not getting haggle missions on our screens
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    ... honest TRIBBLE, pinkie swear, cross my heat and hope to die, freeeebird, kate smith singing god bless america, tla4e, i swear on my still living moms grave
  • Options
    robin74robin74 Member Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    hmm... does /loc work on the galaxy map?
    It does, and I did have a routine worked out to go through the Alpha using coordinates so that the assignments show up.
    Unfortunately, it stopped working after the latest patch.
  • Options
    elrebriwynelrebriwyn Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Three days ago I got exactly 4 haggling missions and guess what there gone again I had to fly through the space between the rolor nebula and the zenas expanse just to get them to come up, but there gone again I've checked the area at different times of day but nothing. Another thing I've noticed is where did the resolve doff go???
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    robin74 wrote: »
    It does, and I did have a routine worked out to go through the Alpha using coordinates so that the assignments show up.
    Unfortunately, it stopped working after the latest patch.

The borders where the assignment list updates got fixed to (mostly) match the sector borders in the latest patch. Previously it was offset by like 1/2-1/3 of a sector from the map.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    That may be it.
    The problem is the assignment still flicker around the sector borders. But if indeed the only relevant borders are those from the old blocks as shown in Geko's map, then the problem should be possible to pin down to just several /loc positions.
  • Options
    mrspidey2mrspidey2 Member Posts: 959 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    robin74 wrote: »
    That may be it.
    The problem is the assignment still flicker around the sector borders. But if indeed the only relevant borders are those from the old blocks as shown in Geko's map, then the problem should be possible to pin down to just several /loc positions.
    It's not just the old borders. Assignments flicker on transision from Omega Leonis SB to Eta Eridani SB. They do not flicker on transition between EE SB and Pi Canis SB and from PC to Tau Dewa. They do flicker again from TD to Regulus.

That's as much as I can report, since that is the only route that I am doffing daily.

Upon transitioning from OL to EE and TD to Regulus, I slow down to about warp one and stop the moment the list updates. That usually helps get the assignments that are missing otherwise.
    2bnb7apx.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    mrspidey2 wrote: »
    It's not just the old borders. Assignments flicker on transision from Omega Leonis SB to Eta Eridani SB. They do not flicker on transition between EE SB and Pi Canis SB and from PC to Tau Dewa. They do flicker again from TD to Regulus.

That's as much as I can report, since that is the only route that I am doffing daily.

Upon transitioning from OL to EE and TD to Regulus, I slow down to about warp one and stop the moment the list updates. That usually helps get the assignments that are missing otherwise.

Yeah, there's some weirdness entering Alpha Centauri from the bottom side and entering Zeta Andromedae as well. It's embarrassing (but not surprising) that they pushed live a system with so many very obvious bugs and it needs to be fixed, but it can be reliably worked around for now.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    still looking for doff missions every day

still a grand total of ONE haggle mission since s10

those little mini-flickers just do not produce them for me. well no more than the one so far

seriously, it annoys me now to have to continuously skim past missions that need haggle items cuz i know at this rate i will literally never get them completed. just remove them from the game
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    It's good to remember that availability was erratic and sparse before. :/
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    yeah but not like this
  • Options
    edited May 2015

I've found one Inspect Freighter and one Fed Contraband Mission since the update. Used to find one of each just about everyday.

see this kind of thing is what convinces me that there are different 'standard' mission sets for each player

i get inspect freightor and especially contraband missions all the time. ive got contraband coming out the gazoo. i get 3-5 contraband missions every day

so that would help explain why i dont get haggle missions - they arent in my standard user rotation, so to speak
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    Asylum to Betazed is appearing on the Risa Sector, should be in the Betazed Sector.

It's appearing in the Risa sector because old missions just got updated to the new sector map rather than being redistributed. Similarly Asylum on Tellar Prime shows up the forums Sirius sector block (Vulcan/Orion/Risa) rather than the new Tellar sector.

I'm hoping stuff like that gets updated to be more accurate, but I'm not going to hold my breath.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    I'm hoping stuff like that gets updated to be more accurate, but I'm not going to hold my breath.
    I''m hoping it doesn't. It's hard to find these mission as it is, I don't need extra troubles with guessing where they could have been relocated.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    still only one haggle mission since s10
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    woo hoo thats two

got a haggle for batarang incense today so thats two since s10

dont know how batman got into sto but it is what it is
  • Options
    illilililiillililili Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    As we seem to also be posting DO bugs here, here is mine:

Perform Additional Forensic Sweeps of Facility 4028 4/4

This mission still shows up in the current map and under the Science Officer even after it has been completed.

This particular bug has been around for several years, just thought I would add it to the list as it now appears someone is paying attention!