test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Assignments Reportedly Missing

borticuscrypticborticuscryptic Member Posts: 2,478 Cryptic Developer
When the exploration clusters were removed, not all Duty Officer missions from those clusters were carried over to the new system. This has still not been rectified.

I keep hearing mention of this, and have asked for a complete list of what's gone, and where it belongs. All I tend to get in return is vague mentions of "it has to do with X" or "it's the one that rewards Y" and even those reports are frequently inconsistent, or disproved by other players.

So, I'll ask again...

If you know the exact display name of an Assignment that you believe has gone missing, and the exact map location it is supposed to be, please reply with that information here. We will do our best to see that they are restored, and that we squash any bugs that might be causing them to not appear.

Please only post if you are as certain as you can be that the assignment is missing. Not just a complaint that you haven't seen it pop up within the past 3 days, or whatever. We do not make a habit of changing Doff Assignment data on a regular basis, so only major changes to the system are likely to have resulted in any alteration to availability. The past big changes that come to mind would be:

- Introduction of R&D / Doff UI update
- Removal of Star Clusters

Other than those updates, it's very unlikely that an Assignment would randomly go missing.
Jeremy Randall
Cryptic - Lead Systems Designer
"Play smart!"
Post edited by borticuscryptic on

Comments

• js26568js26568 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Here's my contribution for starters

http://sto.gamepedia.com/Assignment:_Infiltrate_Deep_Space_Ketracel-White_Production_Facility

I'm certain that it's gone. I've filed bug reports. I'm not sure why they haven't been fed back to you but that's an issue to sort out at Cryptic's end.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Free Tibet!
  • jam3s1701jam3s1701 Member Posts: 1,825 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    One i have not seen since DR is the romulan boff one I've looked on all the usual maps etc but i have yet to find it.

Another one is the warp core one not seen that in a long time either.

Sorry if they a little vague I for the life of me can not remember there names.
    JtaDmwW.png
  • borticuscrypticborticuscryptic Member Posts: 2,478 Cryptic Developer
    edited February 2015
    js26568 wrote: »
    I've filed bug reports. I'm not sure why they haven't been fed back to you but that's an issue to sort out at Cryptic's end.

This is a great example of how player reports sometimes fail. This is the first time anyone has managed to give me the exact name of the faulty assignment. I'd heard "Ghosts of Jem'Hadar can't be completed" but it's no help without knowing the exact fail point. There's just too much data to sift through.
    Jeremy Randall
    "Play smart!"
    edited February 2015
    jam3s1701 wrote: »
    One i have not seen since DR is the romulan boff one I've looked on all the usual maps etc but i have yet to find it.

I won't be able to help if I can't find the assignments, and knowing their names is the most straight-forward option. There's no efficient way for me to search every Assignment in our database for the one you're referring to, based on nothing more than a vague reward.
    Jeremy Randall
    "Play smart!"
    edited February 2015
    I won't be able to help if I can't find the assignments, and knowing their names is the most straight-forward option. There's no efficient way for me to search every Assignment in our database for the one you're referring to, based on nothing more than a vague reward.

Sorry when I am near a computer again I'll have a look and edit my post with exact names etc for you.
    JtaDmwW.png
  • myrnwynmyrnwyn Member Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Sorry when I am near a computer again I'll have a look and edit my post with exact names etc for you.

I hope you can find the names, I certainly can't remember the name of the Romulan and Reman boff recruitment missions, I haven't seen them in months.

I do know that they're supposed to be found by Romulan players in Tau Dewa and Romulan HQ, and that they should be blue quality missions (I think), but looking at the wiki's list of assignments that reward boffs gives me nothing.

They have to exist, they're the only way to get Romulan and Reman boffs into the game.
  • tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    That is the assignment that is missing in the Ghosts of the Jem'Hadar chain...

step 9 in the chain.

"Infiltrate Deep Space Ketracel-White Production Facility"

Good luck finding it, use to be in the clusters in the Beta Quad.
  • trelane87trelane87 Member Posts: 242 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I haven't seen this assignment:

Deliver Prototype Technology to Allies in Gamma Quadrant

I used to only see it in the three clusters in Cardassian space, unless anyone has seen it recently and knows where it spawns now.
  • royalsovereignroyalsovereign Member Posts: 1,344 Arc User
    edited February 2015

Bort, I wouldn't worry about the three Romulan recruitment missions. I've run the Tactical version twice in the past 10 days, so they seem to be functioning. They just pop *so* rarely that everyone assumes it is broken. And to be fair, it *was* broken for awhile there, so there is past precedent.

Also, these missions AFAIK were never available in the clusters - they only pop up in Tau Dewa space and on the ground on New Romulus, or at the NR Embassy.

I believe the actual names of these missions are:
    • Assignment: Evaluate Romulan Tactical Bridge Officer Candidate
    • Assignment: Evaluate Romulan Engineering Bridge Officer Candidate
    • Assignment: Evaluate Romulan Science Officer Candidate

Now the Reman recruitment missions. Wow. I've been playing Roms since LoR launched, and I make a habit of checking at least twice a day. I've seen and run the Reman Science Recruitment mission only once in all that time. I mean, that's so rare that a skilled vet might still save the cow. ;) I don't recall exactly when I ran that mission but I believe it was in October or November of last year - definitely after the Rommie recruitment missions were fixed last time.
    "You Iconians just hung a vacancy sign on your asses and my foot's looking for a room!"
    --Red Annorax
    edited February 2015
    trelane87 wrote: »

I used to only see it in the three clusters in Cardassian space, unless anyone has seen it recently and knows where it spawns now.
    I've run this mission once in the last six months. IIRC it required a metric ton of the old particles, so it probably got pulled when the new R&D system debuted as the old materials are NLA.
    "You Iconians just hung a vacancy sign on your asses and my foot's looking for a room!"
    --Red Annorax
  • tylermaxwelltylermaxwell Member Posts: 184 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I can't be sure that these are the exact names of the assignments (it's been SOOO long :(), but there used to be 3 six-hour Marauding assignments:

Raid on Industrial Complex - 6h
    Raid on Mining Colony - 6h
    Raid on Research Facility - 6h

These were different from the 45m "Raid on [facility]" and 8h Unauthorized Raid on Illegal Colony assignments that show up in the regular sector blocks. They usually gave some commodities and sometimes some Contraband.

As far as I could tell, these 3 Marauding assignments only ever showed up from the Marauding Department Head while in one of the old Exploration Cluster map instances. After the Clusters were removed, I haven't seen those assignments show up in any capacity.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2015

This assignment is:
    • Assignment: Experimental Warp Core Upgrade
    --Red Annorax
  • toivatoiva Member Posts: 3,276 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Eureka!

I've been combing through all of my screenshots to try and find exact names of the 6 hour marauding assignements only present in clusters and I found two!

- Raid on Mining Colony
    - Raid on Industrial Complex

Both Marauding (KDF) assignements with a lenght of 6 hrs, rewarding 2 contraband on success, 5 on crit success.

Unsurprisingly, both disappeared with the removal of clusters, Borticus.

EDIT: Yeah, what Tylermaxwell wrote, there indeed was at least a third one (I would have thought more, but memory isn't infallible).
    TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix, Toveg, T'vritha, To Vrax: Bring in the Allegiance class.
    Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia, Ty'Vris, Tia Vex, Toi'Virth: Add Tier 6 KDF Carrier and Raider.
    Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var, Tevra, T'Vira, To'Vrak: Give us Asylums for Romulans.

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!
    edited February 2015

"Evaluate romulan/reman bridge officer candidate" - The name of it is the only info I can find on this Doff Assignment

"Experimental Warp Core Upgrade" - Again the name is the only info i can find

Edits in green, Hope this helps.
    JtaDmwW.png
  • nicha0nicha0 Member Posts: 1,456 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Bort, I wonder if you know/understand why they have gone missing, because to me, the why is the most important part, and easiest to track down.

In the wiki link
    http://sto.gamepedia.com/Assignment:_Infiltrate_Deep_Space_Ketracel-White_Production_Facility
    You can see the only locations were the 3 exploration clusters, and you needed to check the security tab to find it. The security officer no longer exists, none of the officers exist to check assignments anymore.

If Doff assignments can be triggered by an area (instead of a pop up menu) couldn't the exploration cluster area give you access again to all the assignments we used to have?

There is also a secondary issue, from down and out missing assignments to now, a much lower chance of getting assignments. For example you could head to B'tran before, check your sector assignments, check your exploration assignments, then go to elite version and check sector and exploration again, it would give you 4 chances to find something like any of the Support Colonization Efforts chains.

It might not seem like much, but completing all the chains for Doffing takes a long long time just because of chance. The colonization chains are the worst for sure.
    Delirium Tremens
    Completed Starbase, Embassy, Mine, Spire and No Win Scenario
    Nothing to do anymore.
    http://dtfleet.com/
    Visit our Youtube channel
  • zysalianzysalian Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I've run this mission once in the last six months. IIRC it required a metric ton of the old particles, so it probably got pulled when the new R&D system debuted as the old materials are NLA.

Deliver Prototype Technology to Allies in Gamma Quadrant used to require one each of different turret/platform blueprints (like Heavy Disruptor Turret Blueprint and Quantum Torpedo Platform Blueprint) in exchange for Gamma Quadrant commodities like Shapeshifting Lockets.

It was only available as department-head (Tactical, I think) mission at three exploration clusters (Betreka Nebula, Rolor Nebula, Zenas Expanse), and after department-head missions were removed from exploration clusters, Deliver Prototype Technology became unavailable.
  • gavinrunebladegavinruneblade Member Posts: 3,894 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Would it be possible to move all of the "sector related" missions to the "current sector" tab? For example, if I go to one of the three cardassians areas, there is the consular authority chain and its repeatable.

Step 1 and the repeatable are in the "current sector" tab.

http://sto.gamepedia.com/Assignment:_Deliver_Communique_to_the_Cardassian_Government

http://sto.gamepedia.com/Assignment:_Cardassian_Officer_Exchange_Program

Step 2 is never in the "current sector tab, it only appears in the espionage or tactical/tabs, but only when you are on the right map.
    http://sto.gamepedia.com/Assignment:_Secure_Consulate_on_Cardassia_Prime

Step 3 similarly only appears on the engineering tab
    http://sto.gamepedia.com/Assignment:_Install_Security_Improvements_in_the_Consulate_on_Cardassia_Prime

And step 4 mostly on operations, but sometimes current sector.
    http://sto.gamepedia.com/Assignment:_Station_Deputy_Ambassador_at_the_Consulate_on_Cardassia_Prime

There are many similar missions, I'd guesstimate about 30, that are sector specific, but do not appear in the " current sector" tab.

Is it possible to fix this if we gave you the full list?
  • mosul33mosul33 Member Posts: 836 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    First, A big Thank You for looking into this matter.
    zysalian wrote: »
    Deliver Prototype Technology to Allies in Gamma Quadrant used to require one each of different turret/platform blueprints (like Heavy Disruptor Turret Blueprint and Quantum Torpedo Platform Blueprint) in exchange for Gamma Quadrant commodities like Shapeshifting Lockets.

It was only available as department-head (Tactical, I think) mission at three exploration clusters (Betreka Nebula, Rolor Nebula, Zenas Expanse), and after department-head missions were removed from exploration clusters, Deliver Prototype Technology became unavailable.

Yes, I can confirm. I liked this mission not for its payouts but for its requirements. You had to gather the prototypes from all over the galaxy and felt like a nice treasure hunt or something like that (http://sto.gamepedia.com/Assignment:_Deliver_Prototype_Technology_to_Allies_in_Gamma_Quadrant). And indeed it apreared ONLY at Tactical Department head in Betreka, Rolor and Zenas zone clusters, wich were removed thus the mission aswell.

Also the mission Special Deal on Entertainment Provisions (http://sto.gamepedia.com/Assignment:_Special_Deal_on_Entertainment_Provisions_%28very_rare%29) NEVER worked (bug was reported few times) for the Romulan Faction since the begining of LoR. It works for pure Fed and KDF characters, but not for romulans/remans. Easy check can be done if you spot the mission with a fed/kdf toon, then switch to a romulan and the mission is not available for them no matter what.
  • vendincevendince Member Posts: 296 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I'm not even sure Ghosts of the Jem Hadar part 1: Investigate Unmanned Jem'Hadar Warship can be started right now. It's the first part of the chain, an Exploration mission, and only spawned in Rolor Nebula, Betreka Nebula or Zenas Expanse. I have been practically stalking said areas with an alt who hasn't started the chain for some time now, and it doesn't seem to be there.

Part 9, Infiltrate Deep Space Ketracel-White Production Facility, also has the same problem. It's an Espionage mission.

http://sto.gamepedia.com/Assignment:_Investigate_Unmanned_Jem%27Hadar_Warship
  • millimidgetmillimidget Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Yesterday, in another thread on the missing former-cluster doff assignments, I came across links to several other threads on the topic, ones started much closer to DR's release (one from July, one from August), with links in each to further threads on the same topic.

These threads included exactly the type of information requested; specific assignment names and their (former) locations.

Can anyone familiar with these threads supply the links to them? It seems most of the leg work was done months ago....
    "Tolerance and apathy are the last virtues of a dying society." - Aristotle
  • tarastheslayertarastheslayer Member Posts: 1,541 Bug Hunter
    edited February 2015
    This is a great example of how player reports sometimes fail. This is the first time anyone has managed to give me the exact name of the faulty assignment. I'd heard "Ghosts of Jem'Hadar can't be completed" but it's no help without knowing the exact fail point. There's just too much data to sift through.

I can attest to "Ghosts of the Jem'Hadar" being broken, I'm stuck at "Persuade Cardassian Captain" but I already had most the missions done up to there so it might be more messed up than that.

As to the clusters, I know there are three missions missing from them but I can't remember the exact names. I just remember they rewarded contraband.
    Ten soldiers wisely led will beat a hundred without a head. - Euripides
    I no longer do any Bug Hunting work for Cryptic. I may resume if a serious attempt to fix the game is made.
  • frtoasterfrtoaster Member Posts: 3,352 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    If you know the exact display name of an Assignment that you believe has gone missing, and the exact map location it is supposed to be, please reply with that information here. We will do our best to see that they are restored, and that we squash any bugs that might be causing them to not appear.

The following three Marauding assignments used to show up in exploration clusters, but no longer do:

Raid on Industrial Complex
    Raid on Mining Colony
    Raid on Research Facility
    - Introduction of R&D / Doff UI update
    - Removal of Star Clusters

Other than those updates, it's very unlikely that an Assignment would randomly go missing.

The assignments went missing when the cluster maps were removed. I believe the root cause is that exploration clusters now show only colonial assignments. As a consequence, assignments that appear exclusively in exploration clusters, but belong to other commendation categories, have become unavailable. Read this post by jheinig:

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=18054221&postcount=5
    jheinig wrote: »
    The non-colonization missions that star cluster maps used to offer were drawn from the generic mission lists that are available in a wide range of locations. The new cluster interacts are focused solely on the specific missions for the star cluster in question. (Among other things, this actually means that you have a better chance of rare star cluster missions showing up, because there are fewer other missions that will populate the list.)

I believe he was under the mistaken impression that except for colonial assignments, no other assignments appear exclusively in exploration clusters.

The fastest and most reliable way to find these missing assignments is to have a database administrator look up all non-colonial assignments that used to show up only in exploration clusters. This method is more reliable than depending on players to remember the assignments. I believe such a query will also find the missing assignments in the "Ghosts of the Jem'Hadar" chain.
    Waiting for a programmer ...
    qVpg1km.png
  • mightybobcncmightybobcnc Member Posts: 3,354 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Hey Bort. This one isn't a cluster assignment, but I've literally only ever seen "Facilitate Gesture of Good Will to Dyson Joint Command" in the Solanae Sphere one single time, and I Doff a lot. (Allied Zone, should be Common quality, Diplomacy, maybe 725 diplo cxp as a reward.) I've seen the Kobayashi Maru assignment at SFA more times than that.

"Offer Civilian Resupply Contractors a Lump Sum to Sell All Cargo" has seemingly disappeared too, ever since season 9 or 9.5. Allied Zone, Uncommon, Trade cxp, 4 hours duration.

"Establish Temporary Living Quarters for Deployed Forces" may have also gone on the fritz in the sphere as well. Common, Colonial cxp, 20 hours duration.

(Actually all 3 should probably pulling from the shared zone list for the Allied, Contested, and maybe Undine zones [i.e. not the Very Rare assignments that only show up at a specific physical location within the zones].)

Joined January 2009
    Finger wrote:
    Nitpicking is a time-honored tradition of science fiction. Asking your readers not to worry about the "little things" is like asking a dog not to sniff at people's crotches. If there's something that appears to violate natural laws, then you can expect someone's going to point it out. That's just the way things are.
  • dragonsbrethrendragonsbrethren Member Posts: 1,854 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Now the Reman recruitment missions. Wow. I've been playing Roms since LoR launched, and I make a habit of checking at least twice a day. I've seen and run the Reman Science Recruitment mission only once in all that time. I mean, that's so rare that a skilled vet might still save the cow. ;) I don't recall exactly when I ran that mission but I believe it was in October or November of last year - definitely after the Rommie recruitment missions were fixed last time.

I've gotten Reman recruitment assignments relatively recently (can't pin down a date or anything, but after Romulan recruitment broke and was subsequently fixed, and I'm nearly certain after Delta Rising). They are pretty rare, but I really don't think it's been that long since I ran one.

I can also confirm the Evaluate Romulan x Bridge Officer Candidate and Experimental Warp Core Upgrades assignments are still available and working fine, Borticus, so you don't need to be concerned about those.

One thing that does seem like it's changed, before the Romulan Recruitment assignments broke a ways back, I would sometimes get ones for the other careers while one was running (say Evaluate Romulan Science while I had Romulan Tactical in progress). After the fix, I have never gotten a Romulan Recruitment assignment while another is in progress.
  • erei1erei1 Member Posts: 4,081 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I've gotten Reman recruitment assignments relatively recently (can't pin down a date or anything, but after Romulan recruitment broke and was subsequently fixed, and I'm nearly certain after Delta Rising). They are pretty rare, but I really don't think it's been that long since I ran one.
    Since LoR, logging 3 characters at least once per day in New Romulus Command, I had 2-3 Reman recruitment. And a lot more Romulan.
    Haven't seen one Reman recruitment since months.

It is, by far, much rarer than any other recruitment assignment.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    edited February 2015
    This assignment is:

As it was, before the changes, those very rarely popped up. Glad doffing is getting a look at. Since they're on a revamp mood, I hope they finally fix the crit/success mess.

It would be awesome if they reordered the assignments back to "order of completion" instead of "alphabetical order"
  • clarence034clarence034 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    vendince wrote: »
    I'm not even sure Ghosts of the Jem Hadar part 1: Investigate Unmanned Jem'Hadar Warship can be started right now. It's the first part of the chain, an Exploration mission, and only spawned in Rolor Nebula, Betreka Nebula or Zenas Expanse. I have been practically stalking said areas with an alt who hasn't started the chain for some time now, and it doesn't seem to be there.

Part 9, Infiltrate Deep Space Ketracel-White Production Facility, also has the same problem. It's an Espionage mission.

http://sto.gamepedia.com/Assignment:_Investigate_Unmanned_Jem%27Hadar_Warship

I've found that for a lot of these Jem'Hadar doff missions, you not only have to be in one of the three DS9-related zones, you also have to go to Department Heads>Tactical Officer to check and see if they're available. I couldn't find the doff mission for assaulting the Jem'Hadar Ground Expeditionary Force until I went to the zone with Zeta Expanse and looked under the Tactical Officer. Now I am once again advancing with that chain.

It would be helpful if they would show up under what's available for the current map, because I don't think a lot of people are aware you can take these extra steps to find more doff mission options.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    trelane87 wrote: »

I've seen it pop in Cardassian space. It's not gone, just harder to find.
    js26568 wrote: »
    Did that one ONLY pop up on a department head while inside the nebulas?
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • organicmanfredorganicmanfred Member Posts: 3,236 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    This assignment is:

It popped up for me today in the Nimbus Sector Block.

And when I transwarped back to ESD, I had about 7x the Omega game in a row in the same place :D
    edited February 2015
    Nevermind the question that was here previously. Finished reading the thread, and apparently this is another I can lump into "inconsistent reports."

I am trying to help, guys. I know the availability of certain assignments can be problematic, but I'm really just trying to focus on the few that are actually broken.
    Jeremy Randall
    "Play smart!"